Newbie OLAP pivottable filter and sort on values

Hi,

I have the simpliest of cube pivottables: Year as report filter, Products as
Row labels and Amount as value.

Is there a way to filter (a cube pivottable) rows on values ie "amount >
1000" or "amount <> 0" ? I only find (when rightclicking Products row label)
"Filter top 10".

/Jerome

I use Excel2007 and AnalysisServices2005 sp3 cubes.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Countif + External Reference = #Value
It appears that the countif function (along with sumif and others i'm betting) do not function properly with external links. The only workaround I've been able to find is to write a macro to open the various externally referenced sheets and then close them. Is there a better way for this? If you mean external linked workbooks that are closed then COUNTIF won't work but you can use SUMPRODUCT instead of both COUNTIF/SUMIF =COUNTIF(A1:A10,">0") =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10>0)) will return the same result =SUMIF(A1:A10,">0",B1:B10) =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10...

How to use different type Query for Excel PivotTable? (ODBC)
How to use two different type of Database Query for Excel PivotTable? (ODBC) My PivotTable gets data from Microsoft Query by ODBC. But I can not get two different type database for ONE PivotTable. For example, one table is *.dbf, the other is *.btr, Can i use these different table for ONE PivotTable? I know Crystal Report can do it. How about Excel PivotTable? try Vb, ADO programs or SQL.Request function (Excel ODBC Add-In) with "SELECT....IN... UNION SELECT....IN... " statement. I do such a queries into another file and make PivotTs basing on it ...

SORTING BY COLUNM ENTRY
I want to SORT a worksheet by a column that is formatted as a date. I keep getting the following message whenver i try, "This operation requires the merged cells to be identically sized". So i copied all the cells into a new worksheet that had all cells in default sixe format. Result was the same. What am I doing wrong? This operation should be pretty straight forward. Excel should handle it easily. What do you have highlighted before you click on Data>Sort...? What do you enter for Key1, 2 and 3? -- Regards, Fred "75gator" <75gator@discussions.microsoft.c...

how do i make pie chart ignore data labels where value is zero?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a pie chart tracking the amount of time spent in a day. I have lots of possible categories and i certainly don't use them all each day, and the chart shows a bunch of overlapping labels in between slices if their value is zero. Does anyone know how to make the chart exclude these labels? <br><br>Thanks in advance! On 4/7/10 1:02 PM, Steppenwolf@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel I have a pie chart tracking t...

how to store values in a 2 dimensional array
i want to store Sheet name and its corresponding password in a 2 dimension array . hope anyone can provide a code snippet for storing sheet name and its corresponding password and also code for popping out values from an array . i am newbie to vba . providin code wil be really helpful . i need something like i need to store the values in this fashion Array(0) ----- > should contain sheetname and its password value Array(1) ----- > should contain sheetname and its password value while popping out i shuld put the values in 2 variables . sheet name in Variable 1 its corresp...

Newbie Outlook user needs help post haste!
As a new Outlook user, I'm still getting accustomed to logging in and all. I've finally managed to do that, but when I click the "send/receive" button, I get the following error message: "Your mailbox is temporarily unavailable because another e-mail message is being delivered to it or another mail application is accessing it. The server responded: -ERR unable to lock mailbox" Ok. That's pretty mind boggling. To me, anyway. Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated! Kristine wrote: > As a new Outlook user, I'm still getting accustomed ...

Sort a Column
Hi, This feels like one of those things that is probably really easy but my VBA obviously isn't up to the job :-( On sheet "A" I have a column containing a list of names. On sheet "B" I have the same list of names (not necessarily in the same order) on a different sheet in the same workbook that has a load of other data associated with it. What I would like to do is sort the list on sheets A by the date of birth data field associated with those names on sheet B. Suggestions on what the code might look like would be appreciated. TIA Dave Yo...

Change Time in a Cell from [hh]:mm to decimal value ie 16:45
Here lies the problem. I'm cheap, I want to be paid for every minute that I work, I do the time cards for work and I'm using Excel to perform the functions. I have no problem with adding and subtracting the times in single cells or totalling all of the time. If I come up with a person having 47 hours and 13 minutes how do I get Excel to convert 47:13 to 47.22 so that I can then multiply the 40 by hourly rate and the 7.22 by 1.5 the hourly rate ? -- Thank You, God Speed, and Semper Fidelis Hi! This all depends on how you have things setup. To convert 47:13 to 47.22 just mu...

Not all code paths return a value?
The intent of my web service is an RSS feed from a blog. Originally I used a StringBuilder to make the XML and returned a string from the webmethod. But this doesn't display properly in IE. So now I'm trying an XmlTextWriter instead. I whipped-up another webservice based on this: http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/RSSviaXmlTextWriter.asp?print=true This example isn't set up strictly as a webservice. It seems to output to an aspx web page, not an asmx web service page. And this code has a problem with the HttpContext. Anyway, I put it in an asmx file so it can be called as a ...

Investment re-valuing
My 401(k) company uses fractional shares and fractional values. The accounts they use are not directly referenced on any particular exchange. I had to manually create the accounts, and I have to manually update the prices. recently, two of the investments were "re-valued". They reference it as a "Transfer" but all that really happens is all my shares for a given investment were listed as negative transactions with the current unit value (so that the dollar value of the transaction was negative). Then they immediately followed that with a positive transaction for the ...

Exchange Open Relay, sort of...
Hello: I've been working on this open relay issue on my exchange server for a bit and now I come to understand that I do not have an open relay. However there is still a problem. Let's say my domain is foo.com Right now anyone can use my server to send email to my domain users as long as they say it comes from a foo.com address. I tested this by conntecting via telnet into mail.foo.com and useing it to send email from any address with @foo.com to anyone in the domain. For example telnet: open mail.foo.com HELO MAIL FROM:<spammer@foo.com> RCPT to:fred@foo.com dat...

WMP12 2010s Auto PlayList Value
I'm using WMP12 on Win7. The Release Year field in auto playlists allows for creating playlists by decades (e.g. 1980s, 1990s, 2000s). Seems there is special cose that interprets 1980s as 198*. Unfortunately the list seems to forget that we just changed over to 2010 as there is no 2010s value in the drop-down list. So there appears to be no way to segregate 2000-2009 from 2010-2020. I opened the playlist file is notepad to see if there was SQL code but the value actually is "2000s" so somewhere in WMP it must do an interpretation. I also tried to put "2...

Outlook 2003 Mail Filter oddity
Hello, I've tested this issue on another computer running IMAP on Outlook 2003 and it doesn't occur. The user says this was not always occuring. My client uses Outlook 2003 configured with IMAP, it has a mail rule to move sent items from the local PST to the sent items folder in the IMAP account. When the mail is moved by the mail rule it places the email at the top of the list under the IMAP sent items folder. The user filters his sent items "Arranged by: TO" w/ "A on top" It is only filed appropriately after he clicks on the email in ...

Returning highest value
I have a list with value_name and its value. Is there a formula tha can look down the list and pick the highest value and return th value_name For example _Value_Name_ _Value_ Value A 5 Value B 10 Value C 33 Value D 8 Value E 51 Value F 32 Value G 47 Value H 9 Value I 41 So the formula would return Value E as its result. Would be much appreciated : -- Fishbon ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fishbone's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

FA depn calculation and salvage value
FA calculate depn base on COST-SALVAGE. is it possible to have depn calculated based on COST, and the last depn is calculated as DEPN-SALVAGE. eg: cost=$12000 rate=10% depn=$1200 yrly, $100 mthly salvage value=$1 so, mth 1st to mth 119th, depn=$100 per mth then, mth 120th, depn = $99 instead of $100 is above possible in FA? ...

using VBA to retrieve values to ComboBox
i am trying to retrieve a range of data (the stock code of different phones) from worksheet("Inventory") based on the name of the branches of where the phones are stored. worksheet("Inventory") has branch (Column A) and stock code (Column B) i have 2 combobox. combobox1 contains values (name of branches) such as: 1-BS 2-EN 3-HG 4-JE 5-SP 6-TB 7-WS 8-YT combobox2 will have to retrieve values from the worksheet("Inventory") based on the value in combobox1. the values in combobox1 can be found in column 1 while the values i need for combobox...

Display values from 1st and 2nd field
Hi, I have a simple table that has two columns surname and firstname, how do I combine the results into a third column? Good at Excel but very new to Access. Thanks. Do it in a query like so: SELECT (FirstName + " ") & Surname AS FullName FROM YourTable; In query design view you'd do it by entering the following in the 'field' row of a blank column in query design view: FullName: ([FirstName + " ") & [Surname] By using the + operator to add the space between the names the space will be suppressed if by any chance someone was recorded only by th...

Update value in tbl source for combo box
Using Access 2003. I have a Form (frmRequests) and a SubForm(frmRequests_sub) for capturing report requests. The frmRequests_sub is based on the table "tblRequests" where all data entered in the subform is stored. Within the subform, I have a few combo boxes where the row sources are other tables (with values). I want these tables (supplying the combo boxes data) to be updated if the end user cannot find what they are looking for in the existing list. Example: In the "Requestor" field/combo box where row source is tblRequestor, if "Jane Doe" is not is ...

Can't use NA() instead of "" but then pb in chart with zero values
I have column that are created from the IF formula which returns the "" values if the result is false. I can't use NA() instead because then, I am using these columns for other calculations such as average. I need to use those columns also to create charts, but my lines with "" are showing zero values. I read in this forum that we can use a trick solution: to have a column using "" for the calculation and another using NA() for the graph. If I have too many coumns, is there an easier way to solve it? Thank, What is "too many" columns? In my e...

Summing weekly values to fall into correct month
Hi, Could someone please help me with this . My spreadsheet has row data in weekly buckets . I would like these weekly amounts to be summed to form the corressponding monthly total . However , some weeks are split across 2 months. For e.g. w/c 28/06/10 has 3 days that fall into June and 4 days that fall into July. 1) How do I get excel to add up all the weeks in June, and for this particular week, instead of taking the full weekly value into June , calculate the value/7 * 3 days ? 2) How do I get the following month of July to also add in the value/7*4 days from this week...

Shortcut for Filter- Custom Autofilter
I use Custom Autofilter (Autofilter-pull down-custom...)on daily basis. Is there a way I can create shortcut or toolbar for this command? Thanks Hi Eileen Not that I know of. But maybe you like my Filter ADD-in to do what you want http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Eileen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:951101c4d447$76cc17f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I use Custom Autofilter (Autofilter-pull down-custom...)on > daily basis. Is there a way I can create shortcut or > toolbar for this...

Pivottable last 6 months
I have a pivot table with customers down the left side (rows - (Name)) and the dates along the top (columns (date)) with sales as the data (Sum of Sales). All of it is linked to an Access db query so the info is constantly updated. I want to show the change in sales to each customer over a 6 month period current year to previous year. I thought about creating more queries in Access so that only the last 6 months shows and then the same period of the previous year and importing them as 2 seperate fields (current_sales, previous_yr_sales) fields then doing a calculated field ([curre...

Export Filtered Form Data To Excel
Here's one that's been bugging me for about a week now... I have a form that allows users to filter records, simple enough. But I want to give them the option to export the filtered records to Excel. I don't want to use the docmd.outputTo due to it won't filter the records, it puts all of the records in the file. I've looked around and found some code (actually that I'm already using), but the problem is that it outputs EVERYTHING on the form. My goal is to output only the fields that are on the form. I found another bit of code (following) that does what I need...

Newbie in XML with C# question
Hello, I am learning how to using XML documents to store data. I get this error: Access to the path "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Info.xml" is denied. I have tried with the full path of the file, with / infront of the file. How do I get the data in too the xml document Here is the code below: using System; using System.Collections; using System.ComponentModel; using System.Data; using System.Drawing; using System.Web; using System.Web.SessionState; using System.Web.UI; using System.Web.UI.WebControls; using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; using System.Xml; using System.Xml.XPath; ...

Returning values from mfc-dll to non-mfc dll
Hi, I am new to mfc and dll. I have a non-mfc dll that calls a mfc dll. The mfc dll opens a dialog box. I have done this by 1. writing another func (LaunchDialog()) that does not return mfc-resources or use mfc-rsources as parameteres in the mfc dll 2. CAll LaunchDialog() from the non-mfc dll by including all required header and lib files. extern "C" __declspec( dllexport ) int LaunchDialog() { AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()); InputDialog indlg; return indlg.DoModal(); } The problem -------------- I actually need to pass the value of the text in...