Need to solve for the total value of a commercial lease

I hope my grid below looks OK once it is posted.  I need a formula to
solve for cell G3.  I need a single cell formula to solve for the
total value of a commercial lease given the initial annual rent, the
rent increase percentage and how often (in years) that the rent is
increased.  Any ideas?

           A         B                 C           D
E                                    F              G
1
Total Value
2       Tenant   SF               $/SF   Term (yrs)      Increase
amount %       Every
X years          of Lease
3       Ross     30,000          7.00    10                 5%
2                         ???

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

"Grid" never work well. Please confirm:
B3: 30,000 Swiss francs is the annual lease payment
C3: 7.00 converts SF to $US
D3: Is term of lease (10 years)
E3: Is the amount the lease will increase by (5%) and this will be
compounded, or you add 5% of initial payment every X years?
F3: The lease payment  will increase every x years (here every 2 years). So
in year 2 (or year 3 ?) the lease payment is 33,000? What is it in year 4 -

You want to know how much the lessee will part with over the life of the
lease?
Depending on how the questions are answered I get: 345,000SF, 347760SF,
375,000SF or 384621.3SF. Which (if any) is correct?

OR, (a bit more difficult) you want to know the present value of the lease?
In which case there are supplementary questions: (A) Is the payment made at
the start or the end of the year? (B) What value will be used for the bank
rate (the amount you could get on a savings deposit) during the life of the
lease?

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

<JasonConroy@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I hope my grid below looks OK once it is posted.  I need a formula to
> solve for cell G3.  I need a single cell formula to solve for the
> total value of a commercial lease given the initial annual rent, the
> rent increase percentage and how often (in years) that the rent is
> increased.  Any ideas?
>
>           A         B                 C           D
> E                                    F              G
> 1
> Total Value
> 2       Tenant   SF               $/SF   Term (yrs)      Increase
> amount %       Every
> X years          of Lease
> 3       Ross     30,000          7.00    10                 5%
> 2                         ???

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
10/5/2007 5:46:56 PM
Thank you for your response!
SF in this case actually stands for square feet.  Lets just say that
the annual rent for the first year is C3.
C3:  $210,000 ($7*30,000).
D3:  10 years - Correct, term of lease
E3:  5% - Correct, this is the percentage that the lease amount
increases at the interval stated below.  This should be compounded.
F3:  2 years - Correct, this is the interval at which the increase
happens, in this case every 2 years.  In this example, the first
increase happens after 2 years (starts in year 3) and the next
increases start in years 5, 7, and 9.
G3:  This is where I would like a formula that comes up with the total
*undiscounted* value of the lease.  In this case the correct answer is
$2,320,765.

Here is the information that I am trying to capture in one cell:
Yr1   $210,000
Yr2   $210,000   0%incr
Yr3   $220,500   5%incr
Yr4   $220,500   0%incr
Yr5   $231,525   5%incr
Yr6   $231,525   0%incr
Yr7   $243,101   5%incr
Yr8   $243,101   0%incr
Yr9   $255,256   5%incr
Yr10 $255,256   0%incr
Total$2,320,765

I would like C3, D3, E3 and F3 to all be variables.
Thanks again for any help!

On Oct 5, 10:46 am, "Bernard Liengme" <blien...@stfx.TRUENORTH.ca>
wrote:
> "Grid" never work well. Please confirm:
> B3: 30,000 Swiss francs is the annual lease payment
> C3: 7.00 converts SF to $US
> D3: Is term of lease (10 years)
> E3: Is the amount the lease will increase by (5%) and this will be
> compounded, or you add 5% of initial payment every X years?
> F3: The lease payment  will increase every x years (here every 2 years). So
> in year 2 (or year 3 ?) the lease payment is 33,000? What is it in year 4 -
>
> You want to know how much the lessee will part with over the life of the
> lease?
> Depending on how the questions are answered I get: 345,000SF, 347760SF,
> 375,000SF or 384621.3SF. Which (if any) is correct?
>
> OR, (a bit more difficult) you want to know the present value of the lease?
> In which case there are supplementary questions: (A) Is the payment made at
> the start or the end of the year? (B) What value will be used for the bank
> rate (the amount you could get on a savings deposit) during the life of the
> lease?
>
> best wishes
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> Microsoft Excel MVPwww.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
> remove caps from email
>
> <JasonCon...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I hope my grid below looks OK once it is posted.  I need a formula to
> > solve for cell G3.  I need a single cell formula to solve for the
> > total value of a commercial lease given the initial annual rent, the
> > rent increase percentage and how often (in years) that the rent is
> > increased.  Any ideas?
>
> >           A         B                 C           D
> > E                                    F              G
> > 1
> > Total Value
> > 2       Tenant   SF               $/SF   Term (yrs)      Increase
> > amount %       Every
> > X years          of Lease
> > 3       Ross     30,000          7.00    10                 5%
> > 2                         ???

This array formula works for an increase in rent after 1 or 2 years. After
entering the formula, you must press Ctrl+Shift+Enter, not just enter.

G3: =(C3+SUM(C3*(1+E3)^ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&INT(D3/F3)-1))))*F3

I know Professor Liengme will come up with something better for other years.
I am no mathematician.

Tyro

P.S. (Tyro = beginner)

> C3:  $210,000 ($7*30,000).
> D3:  10 years - Correct, term of lease
> E3:  5% - Correct, this is the percentage that the lease amount
> increases at the interval stated below.  This should be compounded.
> F3:  2 years - Correct, this is the interval at which the increase
> happens, in this case every 2 years.  In this example, the first
> increase happens after 2 years (starts in year 3) and the next
> increases start in years 5, 7, and 9.
> G3:  This is where I would like a formula that comes up with the total
>*undiscounted* value of the lease.  In this case the correct answer is
> $2,320,765.

0
Tyro (331)
10/5/2007 10:18:57 PM
>  In this case the correct answer is $2,320,765.

Hi. Are you looking for something like this?

=(2*((ir + 1)^yr - 1)*s)/ir

where s = 210000, ir = 5%, and yr = 5.

Returns:  $2,320,765

--
HTH   :>)
Dana DeLouis

> [...]
>> --
>> Bernard V Liengme
>> Microsoft Excel MVPwww.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
>> remove caps from email
>>
>> <JasonCon...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> >I hope my grid below looks OK once it is posted.  I need a formula to
>> > solve for cell G3.  I need a single cell formula to solve for the
>> > total value of a commercial lease given the initial annual rent, the
>> > rent increase percentage and how often (in years) that the rent is
>> > increased.  Any ideas?
>>
>> >           A         B                 C           D
>> > E                                    F              G
>> > 1
>> > Total Value
>> > 2       Tenant   SF               $/SF   Term (yrs)      Increase
>> > amount %       Every
>> > X years          of Lease
>> > 3       Ross     30,000          7.00    10                 5%

0
ddelouis (141)
10/6/2007 3:33:25 PM
Thank you so much Dana!
That formula does indeed work for those variables and I imagine it
would in every case where each increase interval is fully captured in
the term of the lease.  In this case, when I change the increase
interval to 3 years the formula produces a result that is $3,942.76
less than the matrix.  Any ideas for how to adjust the formula
eliminate that variance?

On Oct 6, 8:33 am, "Dana DeLouis" <ddelo...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> >  In this case the correct answer is $2,320,765.
>
> Hi. Are you looking for something like this?
>
> =(2*((ir + 1)^yr - 1)*s)/ir
>
> where s = 210000, ir = 5%, and yr = 5.
>
> Returns:  $2,320,765
>
> --
> HTH   :>)
> Dana DeLouis
> Windows XP & Excel 2007
>
> <JasonCon...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Thank you for your response!
> > SF in this case actually stands for square feet.  Lets just say that
> > the annual rent for the first year is C3.
> > C3:  $210,000 ($7*30,000).
> > D3:  10 years - Correct, term of lease
> > E3:  5% - Correct, this is the percentage that the lease amount
> > increases at the interval stated below.  This should be compounded.
> > F3:  2 years - Correct, this is the interval at which the increase
> > happens, in this case every 2 years.  In this example, the first
> > increase happens after 2 years (starts in year 3) and the next
> > increases start in years 5, 7, and 9.
> > G3:  This is where I would like a formula that comes up with the total
> > *undiscounted* value of the lease.  In this case the correct answer is
> > $2,320,765.
>
> > Here is the information that I am trying to capture in one cell:
> > Yr1   $210,000
> > Yr2   $210,000   0%incr
> > Yr3   $220,500   5%incr
> > Yr4   $220,500   0%incr
> > Yr5   $231,525   5%incr
> > Yr6   $231,525   0%incr
> > Yr7   $243,101   5%incr
> > Yr8   $243,101   0%incr
> > Yr9   $255,256   5%incr
> > Yr10 $255,256   0%incr
> > Total$2,320,765

Hi.  Are you looking at 3 groups of 3 payments over 9 years, plus a single
$243,101 in year 10 for a total of 2,229,176 ?  (10 Years stays constant)

--
Dana DeLouis

> Thank you so much Dana!
> That formula does indeed work for those variables and I imagine it
> would in every case where each increase interval is fully captured in
> the term of the lease.  In this case, when I change the increase
> interval to 3 years the formula produces a result that is $3,942.76
> less than the matrix.  Any ideas for how to adjust the formula
> eliminate that variance?
>
> On Oct 6, 8:33 am, "Dana DeLouis" <ddelo...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>> >  In this case the correct answer is $2,320,765.
>>
>> Hi. Are you looking for something like this?
>>
>> =(2*((ir + 1)^yr - 1)*s)/ir
>>
>> where s = 210000, ir = 5%, and yr = 5.
>>
>> Returns:  $2,320,765
>>
>> --
>> HTH   :>)
>> Dana DeLouis
>> Windows XP & Excel 2007
>>
>> <JasonCon...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > Thank you for your response!
>> > SF in this case actually stands for square feet.  Lets just say that
>> > the annual rent for the first year is C3.
>> > C3:  $210,000 ($7*30,000).
>> > D3:  10 years - Correct, term of lease
>> > E3:  5% - Correct, this is the percentage that the lease amount
>> > increases at the interval stated below.  This should be compounded.
>> > F3:  2 years - Correct, this is the interval at which the increase
>> > happens, in this case every 2 years.  In this example, the first
>> > increase happens after 2 years (starts in year 3) and the next
>> > increases start in years 5, 7, and 9.
>> > G3:  This is where I would like a formula that comes up with the total
>> > *undiscounted* value of the lease.  In this case the correct answer is
>> > $2,320,765.
>>
>> > Here is the information that I am trying to capture in one cell:
>> > Yr1   $210,000
>> > Yr2   $210,000   0%incr
>> > Yr3   $220,500   5%incr
>> > Yr4   $220,500   0%incr
>> > Yr5   $231,525   5%incr
>> > Yr6   $231,525   0%incr
>> > Yr7   $243,101   5%incr
>> > Yr8   $243,101   0%incr
>> > Yr9   $255,256   5%incr
>> > Yr10 $255,256   0%incr
>> > Total$2,320,765

0
ddelouis (141)
10/8/2007 9:42:32 PM
Hi, Dana,
Yes, exactly as you described - $2,229,176.25 for 10 years.  Ideally,
the formula would work with any lease term and increase interval or
piece thereof provided in the variables.
Thanks again.

On Oct 8, 2:42 pm, "Dana DeLouis" <ddelo...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Hi.  Are you looking at 3 groups of 3 payments over 9 years, plus a single
> $243,101 in year 10 for a total of 2,229,176 ?  (10 Years stays constant)
>
> --
> Dana DeLouis
>
> <JasonCon...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Thank you so much Dana!
> > That formula does indeed work for those variables and I imagine it
> > would in every case where each increase interval is fully captured in
> > the term of thelease.  In this case, when I change the increase
> > interval to 3 years the formula produces a result that is $3,942.76
> > less than the matrix.  Any ideas for how to adjust the formula
> > eliminate that variance?

> >> Hi. Are you looking for something like this?
>
> >> =(2*((ir + 1)^yr - 1)*s)/ir
>
> >> where s = 210000, ir = 5%, and yr = 5.
>
> >> Returns:  $2,320,765
>
> >> --
> >> HTH   :>)
> >> Dana DeLouis
> >> Windows XP & Excel 2007
>
> >> <JasonCon...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Hi.  I think this should work:

s: 210000     'Start Value
ir: 0.05      'Interest Rate
years: 10    'Years
Grp: 3        'Groups

Ng =INT(years/Grp) 'Number of Groups
Rg =years-Grp*Ng   'Remaining Group

Fx =Grp*(((ir + 1)^Ng - 1)*s)/ir + Rg * (1 + ir)^Ng*s

= $2,229,176

--
HTH   :>)
Dana DeLouis

> Hi, Dana,
> Yes, exactly as you described - $2,229,176.25 for 10 years.  Ideally,
> the formula would work with any lease term and increase interval or
> piece thereof provided in the variables.
> Thanks again.
>

> On Oct 8, 2:42 pm, "Dana DeLouis" <ddelo...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>> Hi.  Are you looking at 3 groups of 3 payments over 9 years, plus a
>> single
>> $243,101 in year 10 for a total of 2,229,176 ?  (10 Years stays constant)
>>
>> --
>> Dana DeLouis
>>
>> <JasonCon...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > Thank you so much Dana!
>> > That formula does indeed work for those variables and I imagine it
>> > would in every case where each increase interval is fully captured in
>> > the term of thelease.  In this case, when I change the increase
>> > interval to 3 years the formula produces a result that is $3,942.76
>> > less than the matrix.  Any ideas for how to adjust the formula
>> > eliminate that variance?

0
ddelouis (141)

Need Help setting up .oft file
I need some help setting up an .oft file to apply to a rule for an autoresponse. I use a popmail server so the autoresponse function in Outlook does not apply to my application. Can anyone offer some advice? Thanking you in advance. If we knew your version of Outlook and if you used word as your editor we could help... where you run into problems doing it would help us target the response as well. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/ou...

How to apply a formula accross all the rows when the total rows are too much in no. ?
Hi, guyz i know you can drag the formula accross the rows in that column t have that formula in effect in every cell. but i have some data lik 5000 rows then how to get that formula accross each cell, its painfu holding the mouse and dragging the formula accross the rows. please advise thanks in advance sorab -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi after inserting this formula in the first row double click on the lower right corner of your cell selection -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi, > guyz i know you can drag the formula accross the rows in that col...

Need to re-add "Tools" button to Menu Bar
I have inadvertantly removed the "Tools" button from my Menu Bar an need to re-add it. Does anyone know how to do that? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi goto 'Tools - customize', select your menubar in this list and click 're-set' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I have inadvertantly removed the "Tools" button from my Menu Bar and > need to re-add it. Does anyone know how to do that? > Thanks > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ A) The OP lost his Tools menu, so he can&#...

join columns, keep both values
I have a multicolumn database with text entries. I want to join the cells in Col. B with the cells in Col.C and keep all the text. For instance, B3 may be "1N", C3 may be "4W". I want the combined column to read "1N 4W". How do I do this?!? TNX. -- FourPenny ------------------------------------------------------------------------ FourPenny's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23864 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=375062 Try this: =B3&" "&C3 -->"1N 4W&q...

Pass value to combo box
I have an unbound text box (txtSaveVal), an unbound combo box (cboName), and a string variable strSaveVal. me.txtSaveVal=strSaveVal .............. Works fine me.cboName=strSaveVal ............... Does Not Work I simply want to put the value of strSaveVal into the combo box, as though I had typed it in, BEFORE pressing the enter key. Why isn't this working? esee, Why are you doing this? A combo box is not intended to accept a value from another control, but provide a means to select a value from a list of values either from a table, a query, or a manually ...

Need help with SetCapture & Release Capture API
Hi I have a user control to display a thumbnail. When the mouse moves over the thumbnail a blue square highlights the control and when it moves out of the control it goes back to default. All this works well except for one thing. I create an array of 50 usercontrols and use a Picture Control and Scoll bars to sroll the pics up and down. ie a Viewport. I have 2 buttons at the bottom. Back & Forward Now if I scoll down and hover over a usercontrol that is half displayed at the bottom and then move downwards to click the forward button the ReleaseCapture event is not bein...

I need to add tool bar in my application
hai I am working on a dialog base application i need to add a tool bar in my dialog based application i followed the steps given by the below link http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/W-D/dislog/toolbarsandstatusbars/article.php/c1949/ but it didnt work for me i found that my application didnt even shows its dialog box can any one help me -praveen That link also has a downloadable project with it. If thats working and given you have provided absolutely no code or whats not working, I would suggest go back to the sample and compare it with your code. MSDN also has an article about how to do ...

need help with Index, Match and Countif in the same complicated formula
Hi, I have a spreadsheet Expense Journal designed for entering expenses in two currencies, one for Dollar and one for a local currency. It has two sections of rows, the top is for Dollar Expenses and uses no exchange figures because the spreadsheet converts everything to Dollars. This Dollar section has five columns: Date Project # Account # Description Dollar Amount In the blank spreadsheet that they start anew each quarter, there are only two rows setup for Dollar expenses because most of their expenses will be in Local currency. Below the Dollar secti...

Need help - Save as
In new Outlook 2003, when I highlight several e-mail in my Inbox & select File, Save As, it only saves the Headers of the e-mails & not the headers & the body - in my old Outlook 2000 it saved both - can any one tell me how to correct this? I have a program that read the Saved As file & processes the data in the e-mails & I can't find where to change any option to fix this... though I have read & read & read... thxs much !!! What format are the messages and are you using the old Ol97/2002 pst format or the new Unicode format? We're seeing issues ...

Value list
i need help with making value lists in excel so that i can make my data base consistant with the data i am entering That's not much to go on. What is a value list? And what constitutes making your database consistent with the data you are entering? Post back and explain in detail what you have, what you want to do, and what you want to happen. Some examples are always good. HTH Otto "Maint Girl" <Maint Girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EDE3701-B704-4BE8-B449-58662FDCB495@microsoft.com... > i need help with making value lists in ...

Need Parser that can read attributes of XML document...
Hello guys, I am looking for a parser in PHP that can return all the attributes of XML entities. I know how to read the XML Entities, but I have got a problem with reading attributes. So I will appreciate if you could give a parser that can return all the Entities and Attributes of respective entities as an array. For e.g.: <?xml version="1.0" ?> <Controller> <NumberOfBoards>5</NumberOfBoards> <NumberOfKeypads>1</NumberOfKeypads> <QueueMode>N</QueueMode> <EntranceDelay on="5" off="5" /> <Limits minLength=&...

need help printing on a form
How do i print a list addresses that i have saved in excel on a form from like an address book. i dont know how to arrange the address name etc... manually before printing. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It may be easiest to print the list by using Microsoft Word's Mail Merge feature to pull the data from Excel. There's information on the Word MVPs' web site: http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/ help_needed wrote: > How do i print a list addresses that i have saved in excel on a form > from like an address book. i dont know how to arrange t...

Will Money suit my needs?
I have been a long time user of Quicken but am now looking for an alternative. While Q is a very good program for looking back - what I need now is a program that is able to also give me an accurate picture of future events/cash flow/balances down to the daily level. I would particularly like the ability to put in a number of senarios to give me the net result of different financial decisions and to be able to compare the results-- preferably on screen and then be able to adjust the what ifs and save the results for ongoing planning. I don't need automatic downloads or some other featur...

Need Help with Coding a ComboBox in Excel/VBa......
Hi all, Perhaps someone can help me.......... I have the following code written in VBA. Private Sub SupervisorComboBox_Change() Sheets("Sheet2").Range("C1") = SupervisorComboBox.Value I have a ComboBox that lists ten supervisors. When the user chooses a supervisor from the ComboBox drop down list the name gets stored on the second Sheet, in cell, "C1". Now then.......there is a second ComboBox underneath this first one This ComboBox lists each employee that works under the chose supervisor. The employee's name gets stored in cell, "D1" My que...

Excel macro to insert rows if a cell does not equal the value above that cell
I have a spreadsheet listing columns of information for many different people. If more than one row exists for the same person, I'd like to insert 2 rows after the row so that the group is separated from the next group. For example, here's how the data appears now: LastName Account# Balance Martin 1 500.00 Martin 2 750.00 Smith 5 100.00 Thomas 9 900.00 Here's what I'd like it to look like after running the macro: LastName Account# Balance Martin 1 500.00 Martin 2 75...

Adding comma seperated values within a single cell
I need to come up with a custom function that will add up comma seperated numerals contained within a single cell. For example if the the cell A1 contains: 4,5,3 I want the result of the fuction (say in a2) to display the result of 12 Any help greatly appreciated. Regards Mike On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 20:39:01 +1100, Michael Toal <M.Toal@bom.gov.au> wrote: >I need to come up with a custom function that will add up comma seperated >numerals contained within a single cell. > >For example if the the cell A1 contains: > >4,5,3 > >I want the result of the fuction (sa...

i need monthly ledger that is catagorized by payment due dates
"j.marie" <j.marie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C223E6B-0C7C-46AA-BEAE-2B49F97D4949@microsoft.com... > Nothing. PLEASE write your question in the body of the post, not in the subject line. This is not a chatroom. Thankyou. In answer to your question, you would be better advised to buy an inexpensive dedicated accounting package. That will do what you want "out of the box". ...

HTML values
Howdy, I'm pretty new to extracting info from IE into excel so I need some major help here. I need to fill certain input values on a webpage, "click" the submit button, and from there I should be able to extract the info I need. Its the navigating the selection screen I'm having a problem with. The HTML values I need, I believe are contained in this section of the source code. So how do I change these input values in the html code to what I need and submit? <FORM name = F001 method=post> <input name="screen_id" type="hidden&qu...

need a bit of help programming
hi i am trying to build a program for basic accounting based on an ol dos program which i used to own 12 years ago! i cant find it anymore so im trying to build this program in excel an i have most of the work done but i need help sorting the basic data all the framework is there for inputing the data around a cashboo principle using item codes as keys for manipulating the data later on trouble is i dont know how to do the manipulating to get the seperat data out and sorted the file will be available for download if anyone would like to take look at it: email me at alan@squarebanana.com a...

Using a value from a previous Record to Perform a Calculation?
I have a Append query that looks up a particular date range I specify and gives me a count, for received and loaded dates that meet that range. From those 2 numbers the query also subtracts Received - Loaded=Backlog. See below ID Received Loaded Backlog New Backlog 1 0 0 0 0 2 5 3 2 ?????? What I need is for the query to lookup the New Backlog value from the previous record an...

Design Input Needed
Form1: I have a flexgrid where I show Form2 when a combobox is clicked. (BTW, I use a keypress instead of subclassing for the mouse since this is an issue with the combobox.) Form 2: Receives the combo.text in a lookup textbox on Form2 that finds the text in Form2's listbox (using the combobox.text) and loads the required controls with the correct information. All works well. If I have multiple vendors with the same name -- because of different locations (e.g. GE which has multiple offices) they appear multiple times within Form2's listbox. It is up to the user ...

Business Portal unit of measure needs lookup
For inventory items, when on the RequisitionLine dialog, it would be nice to be able to choose the unit of measure instead of accepting the default purchase unit of measure for the item. ...

#value! #2
In a1 I have alink to a cell on another page in the workbook. In b1 the formula a1/100. When I edit the cell ref in a1, b1 returns #value! I don't understand why, and I can't seem to do anything about it. Advice please.tia Exactly what is the linking formula in A1? When you say "edit the cell reference" in A1, what (how) exactly are you doing? -- Regards, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! ----------------------------------------------------------------...

I need to change the owner of a task from "unknown" to my name
I want to change the "owner" of a task from "unknown" to my name. I am the only user on this PC. "Manuel Roman" wrote: > I want to change the "owner" of a task from "unknown" to my name. > I am the only user on this PC. sorry, new to this... I don't have an answer, but am thrilled to find your question. have spent hours trying to figure this out & no luck so far. please respond if you have found it. "Manuel Roman" wrote: > I want to change the "owner" of a task from "unknown" to my ...

How do I obtain a value from an external form?
Hi, I'm on Access via XP Office Pro. How do I obtain values from an form that I run using the DoCmd.OpenForm. Currently, I have the form opened by OpenForm setting values in global variables. I have a standard set of global variables that are set by the called form and retreived in the calling form (the one that ran the DoCmd). I've read where I should not be using global variables. For example, on my customer call log form, we record all of our incoming calls as they happen. If one of those calls results in the creation of a work order, I want to click on th...