need to get rid error message

Last month I tried to install Symantec's Winfax software on my XP Pro
machine.  For whatever reason, it kept crashing during the installation, and
I couldn't figure out a way around it.  Now whenever I first start Word or
Excel, I get an error message that says:

Compile error in hidden module:  WinFaxPrintAndMerge

I can click OK and it goes away, but what do I need to do to make it so that
message doesn't appear again?  In other words, how do I fix whatever it is
that it thinks is wrong?  Any help you can provide would be much
appreciated.  Thanks.

By the way, I'm using Office XP.  Thanks.

0
noway3941 (1)
9/22/2005 6:29:32 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If it's in a hidden module, I don't think you can fix it.

But you could just turn it off completely.

Look under tools|Addins for any Winfax addin that's checked.
close excel and...
Check your XLStart folder and move any Winfax workbooks to somewhere else.

--

Dave Peterson
0

I have never used Winfax, but this is what I would do:

Try to reinstall, there may be an option to remove/ repair.

Ensure your AVS is up to date and run a complete scan,

Download and run Spybot S&D with the latest updates.

Download and run Ccleaner (http://www.ccleaner.com) . Note this is
quite a brutal application and some of your default settings will
change.

Defrag your hard disc.

BTW if you are running an illegal copy of Windows XP there is no hope
for your machine.

Regards

Mike

If the version of WinFax is not compatible with your version of Word, you
will get such errors.

If the version of WinFax was created prior to Office XP, then I expect that
you will need to get a more recent version of Win Fax.

Also, do you really need WinFax?
Check whether the Windows built-in fax program is sufficient for your needs.

--
http://www.standards.com/; See Howard Kaikow's web site.

0
kaikow (53)

Isinteg Warning Message Question

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Messages Cut off
A recipient receives forwarded mail messages that are cut off in random locations throughout the email. Outlook 2000 with latest SP. Any ideas? ...

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Interface not registered message

Outlook Hangs Reading Messages

Error in Outlook Today