need help with list box?

Hi

I have a huge table of about 20000 records.  how can I restrict entry for a
few columns.
I am new to excel programming.

For example.  I have a list of colors (red, green, blue) that I want to go
under the Color column.  how can I allow the user to click on a pulldown or
list box similar to ms access for each cell.

thanks in advance.

0
dannywork5 (17)
7/27/2004 9:18:40 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
you could use
'Data - Validation'. See:

0
frank.kabel (11126)
7/27/2004 9:44:26 AM
Thanks soo much for your help.
I posted another, maybe you can help.

> Hi
> you could use
> 'Data - Validation'. See:
> http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html

0
dannywork5 (17)

please help!!! Unable to delete emails
NAVCE deleted the edb.log file from my \exchsrvr directory. We were able to do a hard restore to get it back up but we have several emails in users inboxes that cannot be opened. When you double-click the email you get a 'can't open this item' error. It appears something did not synch properly during the restore but my email is now up and running. I personally have a couple dozen emails in my inbox from 9am - 2pm yesterday that I cannot open and get that message. How can I permanently delete those emails??? Getting them back would be nice but I don't want to ri...

Macro to help update data from protected files
I need help in creating a macro. I have a master file X1 and it connects to 55 other files all password protected. When i open the Master file , it asks the protected fiel to be open to update the data, otherwise it gives error. Can someone help me create a macro which will update the data witout opening the protected fiels one by one. Thanks I don't think you'll find a macro that can do this. But what you could do is create a new workbook that opens each of those 55 other files (supplying the password) and then opens your real workbook. hamad.fatima@gmail.com wrote: > > I ...

Insert copied row into a list
In Excel 2003, I can insert a row into a list by inserting a row into the spreadsheet. That is, I can right-click along the row numbers along the left, then insert a row. However, if I try to insert a copied a spreadsheet row, I get the message that I am trying to shift cells down within the list. That is, I select a row by clicking the row number on the left, press ctrl- C, then right-click another row on its row number at the left, and choose insert copied row (or maybe insert pasted row -- I'm don't have access to Excel at the moment to verify). Inserting a copied/pasted row doe...

How do I create a list of sequential times?
I need to create a list of start times for groups in a competition. The first group goes on at 3:00pm. The next group goes on 8 minutes later, the next 8 minutes after that, and so on. It seems this should be a simple formula but I can't figure it out! Thanks for any help! Susan In cell A2 place 3:00:00 PM In cell A3 place 3:08:00 PM Highlight A2:A3, autofill down the sheet for about 25-30 rows (with A2:A3 hightlighted autofill by placing the mouse in the lower right corner & dragging down). HTH, -- Data Hog "Scarlin3" wrote: > I need to ...

NEED TO FIND FIRST " " FROM RIGHT
Help - I have a column in excel that contains names, such as: Joe Smith Joe E. Smith Joe Edward Smith, esq. etc I need to isolate the LAST WORD in the column, for example: Smith Smith esq. The only way I know how to do this is to search for the first " " - but I need to start the search from the RIGHT, not the LEFT. As far as I know, FIND function starts the search from the right... which isn't what I want. Can someone please tell me how to accomplish this task. THANK YOU =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("^^",SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","^^",LEN(A1) -...

Need info on scheduled meetings: time scheduled/who scheduled it
We have a situation where many people have access to the managers calendar and can scheule meetings. It would be very helpful to be able to identify not only who scheduled the original meeting (and the date/time) but also who modified meeting parameters after it was orignally scheuled. The current 'properties' tab only tells you the last time the file was modified, which is typically not very helpful. thanks "Joe Bruin" <Joe Bruin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:126EFECB-58AF-4253-A53F-C629E4A354F7@microsoft.com... > We have a s...

Help #30
Hi, I have a row of data that I need to find a minimum value and a maximum value. That's done. Now, I have to delete both the minimum and maximum values from the row. Can you tell me how to easily do this? I have a larg :confused: e worksheet with many rows, so Edit+Find really won't help. -- only1joal ------------------------------------------------------------------------ only1joal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24589 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=381823 Assume data is in Sheet1, in row1 down ...

[2007/ToDo List] Add-in to create sub-tasks?
Hello ince Outlook is basically what everyone uses to sync a BlackBerry with Windows, I'm stuck with using it. However, I need to divide tasks into sub-tasks, and sometimes/often set some start and/or due date to an task. This is what the MS Outlook 2007 ToDo List UI looks like: http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/nexus/outlook2007/images/tasks.png This is what the ToDoList from AbstractSpoon looks like: http://www.shafqatahmed.com/WindowsLiveWriter/MainScreen2.png Do you know of an add-in so that Outlook support this poor-man alternative to MS Project? Thank you. "Gilles Ganault"...

Distribution Lists #6
I've set the "allow only from Authenticated users" setting on the distribution lists on our Exchange 2003 server. (which co-exists with Exchange 5.5) Perhaps, I don't understand what authenticated user means, but if I send from a hotmail, or some other outside account to the distribution list, I am able to. Should this setting keep all external email users from sending to distribution lists on our internal network and only allow authenticated exchange users the ability to send to DLs? Our exchange server is behind an SMTP gateway, so all mail is routed by the gate...

IMF and "Safe Senders List"
Is it true that if a user has a recipient in their safe sender list that it will bypass the IMF? It will place this email in the inbox. We are only using the "store junk email" of the IMF. -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator Hello Eric, > Is it true that if a user has a recipient in their safe sender list > that it will bypass the IMF? It will place this email in the inbox. > We are only using the "store junk email" of the IMF. Below link contains information on how this works: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/IMFDeploy/dbb...

CRM4 CU8 Delete Failed Bulk Email notice in System Job list
Standard CRM 4 install. I have been cleaning the Systems Jobs list and discovered that there are a lot of entries for Failed Bulk Email send. I cannot remove the entries it throws an error and suggests I ask Microsoft. I can remove the successful Bulk sends. Any hints on how to clear out the failed Email bulk send reports? Robert ...

Multi choice list box and two ALL selection
Hello. I have a pop-up form that has 2 list boxes. I want to do 3 things. On the list boxes, I want to make them multi-choice list boxes. Second, I want to make a selection of "all" for both list boxes. And last, I would like to have the text boxes default to the all selection, if possible, until another selection is made. The list boxes are: CarList EventList They are populated by tables - Automobiles - Car Table and Automobiles - Action Taken Table, respectively. Finally, they run through query called AutomobileSearch. Thanks for the help. To make your list multi-select, ...

Help with Exchange 5.5 Queue problem
Okay, first off, I inherited this Exchange server. It has been over 5 years since I last touched one of these. Client noticed that no e-mails were being sent out. I checked the IMC queues and they were packed full of email going to .tw, .fr, .de, etc. Disconnected the ethernet cable from the back of the box. Ran the much needed virus check and got rid of 225 Netsky and Beagle viruses. Reran a few times just to be on the safe side - server is clean (latest norton updates). And made sure that relaying was also turned off - just for fun. Cleaned out the queues (deleted the contents of the ...

Comparing 2 Lists
Lets say that I have a Sales Forecast list with Customer Name and Sale Status columns. The number of registries in this list changes every da (some new sales opportunities are created and some are deleted). Questions are: 1) How can I create a report to compare two days in order to know whic registries have been added and/or deleted? 2) If I want to know if a Sales Status have changed from one day t another, what is the best way to do it? Tks!! -- inomat ----------------------------------------------------------------------- inomata's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?act...

Publisher and PDF help...
I am trying to find a solution to my delima. I have publisher on one computer and adobe acrobat on another. Is there a Publisher viewer or some work around that anybody knows of. Thanks in advance... While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a message from Neal <Neal@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I am trying to find a solution to my delima. I have publisher on one > computer and adobe acrobat on another. Is there a Publisher viewer or > some work around that anybody knows of. Options: a) Output a PostScript file from Publisher and di...

Maximum users in Outlook Distribution List?
Hi, We're running Exchange Server 2003 with Outlook 2003 client. One user only has about 100 contacts in a distribution list he created in his contacts in Outlook locally, and now when he tries to add more users he gets the following message: "The distribution list has reached the maximum size for your network e-mail server. The new member could not be added." I have not set any distribution list limits anywhere that I'm aware of. Did I miss something? Is there an inherent limit to the number of users you can put in a local DL in Outlook 2003? I couldn't find any ...

Can't remove items from Outlook Favorites list...
Hi there, I am posting this message as a last resort after much searching for a solution to this. I am hoping someone will have an answer to this odd problem In Outlook 2003 there is a FAVORITES panel. This panel (for some odd reason) can not be hidden. I do actually use it so that's okay. But the challenge I have is that it will not let me remove items from this panel. The other day it started showing the inbox of each of my http email accounts in the favs panel and I don't want these there. There are also a few other folders that I added there which I wish to remove. BUT the remove o...

Excel and ebay lists
Has anyone found a way to put the contents of ebay files, including pictures, into an excel database? I am trying to keep track of prices for items sold. Thanks ...

Multiple Combo box in a form
i'm have a form. i want to do three combo box. one is customer, one is partID and one is process. this three combo box are from three different table. there are customer table, part master table and process table. i want to do like this. if i choose one of the customer from the combo box, then when i go to the partID combo box, then i want it just show out whatever the part which belong to that customer only. others customer's part wont be in the list. then when i click on the process combo box, then i just want the combo box show out the process which is belong to that partID w...

Odd Drop Down Box Behavior
I have a drop down box on a spreadsheet in a workbook with several spreadsheets. For some reason the contents of the drop down box is beeing bled through to other spreadsheets in the exact same cell reference that the drop down box is linked to, replacing what may be in that cell. It happens randomly yet often, and I have not been able to discern any patterrn or catalyst. The contents and cell formatting are being transfered. It also happens on other spreadsheets using the drop down box. This is an Active-X box, not a forms box, using Excel 2007. Anybody seen this? Squeaky...

How to export tasks ? pls help
Hi, How do i export and import tasks using MS outlook? I did export of my mailbox and when i import it the task does not come? Are tasks included when you run Import/Export Wizard using MS Outlook? thanks In news:B09D3EAF-C4C7-4D45-BAC5-D1DC39DE4794@microsoft.com, Jack Dorson <JackDorson@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > How do i export and import tasks using MS outlook? > > I did export of my mailbox and when i import it the task does not > come? > > Are tasks included when you run Import/Export Wizard using MS Outlook? > > thanks Hi - this ...

formula help #14
I have a plethora of spreadsheets that I would like to alter by adding specific text to all cells immediately to the right of a cell with specific text. Example: For all cells that read University of Maine I would like to add a cell to its right that has the text "Black Bears Main Gym". How do I get excel to do this for me without me going through, finding all desired cells and adding the new info myself? Please help ASAP. Much appreciated! Edit/Replace HTH, Greg "CJer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:199d201c41cd1$9cf91a50$...

Need Help Converting over to Outlook From Express
OK, I have been using OE for about 2-3 years now for my Email and Newsgroup reader. This past Christmas, I got a Pocket PC that came with Outlook 2002. I plan to use t to be able to keep track of my appointments and such but I would also like to use it as my new email reader. I also would like to use it for newsgroups, if that's possible. Is there a way that I can transfer all my settings, emails and newsgroup information over to Outlook or am I forced to just start from scratch? Thanks JTMcD OL has no Newsreader capability. In OL News is accessed via the OE newsreader as it is from...

Copying and pasting list information that is not fixed (using dynamic ranges)
I have a database with 43 fields (mainly text) in which users will be entering information via a data form. I would like to add another worksheet that provides a summary of all the records, except with less fields (only 17) and different formatting. I've encountered problems trying to copy this information to another worksheet mainly because I'm not sure how many rows will have to be copied over at any given time. I've found references on the web informing how to create dynamic ranges (for both test and numeric information), so I've named each of the 17 fields and used the...

Please help #13
Hi, I have a talbe including two or more same name, I want to make it from: tom 10 Mike 10 tom 20 jerry 30 to: tom 30 Mike 10 jerry 30 Please help, Thank you! Sub TidyData() Dim iLastRow As Long Dim i As Long Dim j As Long Dim iRow Dim sFormula As String iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row j = 0 For i = 1 To iLastRow On Error Resume Next iRow = Application.Match(Cells(i, "A").Value, Columns(3), 0) If IsError(iRow) Then j = j + 1 Cells(j, "C").Value = Cells(i, "A").Value ...