need help with copying rows and making new rows

I have a spreadsheet of about 50 rows.  I need a way to copy the text
in say row 2 and make two new rows under it with the same text as in
row 2 right under it.  but i want to do it for all the rows.  any
ideas?

0
shawnlavi (2)
3/9/2007 1:55:23 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

See
  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm

you want to remove the line of code that removes
constants retaining only formulas.

---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

"meh" <shawnlavi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1173405323.098499.21440@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...
> I have a spreadsheet of about 50 rows.  I need a way to copy the text
> in say row 2 and make two new rows under it with the same text as in
> row 2 right under it.  but i want to do it for all the rows.  any
> ideas?

Excel VB-Copy formula down until adjacent cell (left) is blank?
Here is exactly what I am trying to do through VB in Excel: Weekly data pull fills colums A:G. Row count is always different. I am modifying the data pull through VB, and I have a VLOOKUP formula in cell H2. What I want VB to do is copy that formula down column H to the last row (with data) each week. I guess I want it to be dynamic so that as rows decrease/increase the formula is only copied down to the final row/record. I know someone out of this smart group will know how to do this! Thanks in advance! Tony (pseudo code) in a macro .... dim lngLastrow as long dim rngTarget...

Secondary axis help
Hi everyone, I am having some difficulty in Excel 2007 Charting. I have a stacked bar chart that I would like to add a horizontal secondary axis on. How do I do this? I'm trying to do what the Help says but there is something that I am not getting. 1. I click on the Chart and select the Format Tab 2. In the Current Selection section, there is a Chart Elements drop down and I select Horizontal (Category) axis. 3. I go to my sheet that has the data for the chart and I select the data range that I want per the instructions. I'm lost after this. Hi, well, the Help s...

BOB? More Craps Help
Hi Bob Been spending some time on the code you sent and I think I found some errors. Can you check the code below to see what you think? I think it is now working according to the correct rules... Dim cellvalue Sub Craps() 'Excel Craps V1.3 Application.ScreenUpdating = False Range("B5:C1000").Select Selection.ClearContents Range("A4").Select Setup: Application.ScreenUpdating = True [B5] = [B2] Rollem: If (([B5] = 2) Or ([B5] = 3) Or ([B5] = 12)) Then GoTo CrapOut If (([B5] = 7) Or ([B5] = 11)) Then GoTo FirstLucky cellvalue = 0 GoTo NotWinner End NotWinner: ...

SQL General Help
I have been experimenting with using ADO to work with Excel data. I had some obstacles with the SQL until I stumbled across a web site that mentioned the table name needed a special format. Instead of using a table name like DATA, instead I had to use the format of [DATA$]. So I was wondering does anybody know of a source (document, web site, etc.) that explains all of the peculiarities of using SQL with Excel? Thanks Mike ...

Employee Training Help
Hey Y'all, I am creating an employee training database where I can run reports and queries about who has taken what type of course. What kind of relationship should be created between the tables? Based on the some of the discussions I have seen here, I have created three tables: 1: tblemployee (with employee id set as primary key) 2: tbltraining (with trainingid set as primary key).This table has no employee information 3: tlbcompletedtraining (in this table I have employee ids with the id's of the training courses that they have completed) I am unsure of what ki...

Need Help with Formula #3
I need help trying to come up with a formula for a friend of mine. This is what he wants -- Using any 9 numbers -- he wants Excel to come up with every possible 3-digit combination of numbers that are divisible by 7. Is there anyone who could assist me with a formula that will perform this calculation? Can Excel do such a calculation? Thanks so much for any assistance you can offer. In A1, enter the number 7. Select A1:A142. Edit>Fill>Series, Step value 7. Format>Cells>Custom, "000". If with "using any 9 numbers" you mean you don't want any zero...

Need to truncate a transaction log
I have a database which is 2 GB but the log file has grown to 35 GB. I would like to truncate the log so I set the recovery method to SIMPLE but the log file did not truncate after last night's backup. This has worked for other databases and I get a small log file. Later, I reset the recovery method back to FULL. Rich Lawson Rich Lawson (nospam@nospam.com) writes: > I have a database which is 2 GB but the log file has grown to 35 GB. I > would like to truncate the log so I set the recovery method to SIMPLE > but the log file did not truncate after last night&...

SUMIFS help
Hi. Hope you’re able to help. I’m having difficulties the SUMIFS function. Either I’m using it incorrectly or perhaps it’s the wrong function for me! I’m trying to total the money amounts in column E as long as conditions in columns A (cell A6 in this example) and column H are True. However, I’m finding that the function is not totalling up the money amounts it should be totalling in column E. Instead, it’s just returning a single money amount in column E and ignoring the rest! This is the function as I’ve written it: =SUMIFS(BnkChqs!E3:E1000,BnkChqs!A3:A1000, A6,BnkChqs!...

newbie needs help
Hello, First to let you all know, I am a big novice at this kind of stuff, so please bear with me. What I am trying to do is make a trendchart with 9 different plots on it. How do I change the numbers on the side and bottom of the chart to read what I need them to? I take these tests 3 times a week and would like to chart all of them seperately and also together to chart progress for a whole month. One for each day, and then one for the month. Then I would like to do the same for the following months of the year. And I would like to have one chart to show the progress for the whole...

Latest Exchange Administrator Needed admin.exe = 5.5.2655.33
If any body knows were to download the Exchange Admin (admin.exe Version 5.5.2655.33). I am having a problem with mailbox sizes being incorrectly diplayed in Exchange admin. I have dozens of Executives that have mailboxes over 4 or 5 GB and I have no way of correctly reporting there sizes other than using ExMerge. Please help..... Hi Ed, You will need to call into our Tech Support and refer to the following Knowledge Base article and tell them that you need the hotfix. 305829 XADM: Incorrect Mailbox Size Is Displayed in Exchange Server http://support.microsoft.com/?id=305829 -- Thanks,...

New entity
when i attach a contact to an account i have an option - to choose an account from the list, or to create a new one. but i dont have this option when i work with two custom entities (1 to many relationships). only to choose from existing when i want a assign a primary entity to a secondary one. is there a workarround? this way makes me press much more buttons in different forms. i have secondary objects already created due to my business proccess, so i need to go to the primary entity, create an object, then to go back, to open a secondary one and to attach the primary one to it. thanks ...

Making Bars Transparent
Is there a way to make the bars in a graph transparent? Hi, Here is a work around. http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip071.htm Cheers Andy Tiffany wrote: > Is there a way to make the bars in a graph transparent? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Thank you! That is exactly what I needed to know! "Andy Pope" wrote: > Hi, > > Here is a work around. > http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip071.htm > > Cheers > Andy > > Tiffany wrote: > > Is there a way to make the bars in a graph transparent? > > -- &...

I need to write this formula in basic
Hi! Does anyone know how to write this formula in Basic. I need to make it work in Openoffice because Excel seems to crash with a list of 20000 people. =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP((RC1&R1C),Sheet1!R2C1:R45000C4,4,0)),"""",VLOOKUP ((RC1&R1C),Sheet1!R2C1:R45000C4,4,0)) Thanks!! ...

Chart Type HELP!
Hi, I still need help on the Chart Type thread that I posted a couple of hours ago under "Chart Type". It is URGENT--for a presentation for which I am already late!! Anybody?? Tx, Sat Hi Sat - Take a look at what I just posted and see if it helps. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Creating New Mailboxes #2
Hi, ANYONE KNOW WHY AFTER CLICKING CREATE MAILBOX FROM THE EXCHANGE TASKS ON A USER IT TAKES UPWARDS OF 1-2 HOURS BEFORE THE MAILBOX APPEARS? ADVICE/INFO GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS PHIL MATHER ZETEX PLC IT SUPPORT Before the mailbox appears where, exactly? In the GAL? In ESM? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "PHIL MATHER" <PHIL MATHER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:577D27BC-B370-4501-A09D-65151B5E901F@microsoft.com... > Hi, > ANYONE KNOW WHY AFTER CLICKING CREATE MAILBOX FRO...

Populate new field on grid with VBA
I have added a new field to the Fee Schedule grid. I am using VBA code to populate this field. I am populating this field on the Grid_BeforeLinePopulate event. The problem is the values do not allows display. I have to click in this new field and then they will display. How do I get them to automatically display? Thank you, Amy ...

Search and Replace, or Add New Row
I am using Excel 2003. Worksheet1 contains columns (A) Invoice (B) Name (C) Address (D) P.O.# ... and others. I need to perform a search of column A using an invoice number and if it IS FOUND, then replace the entire row with new data. If the invoice number IS NOT FOUND, then I need to add a new row. Is there a simple way to do this? Check your other post.. "GEdwards" wrote: > I am using Excel 2003. > > Worksheet1 contains columns > (A) Invoice > (B) Name > (C) Address > (D) P.O.# ... and others. > > I need to...

Error on creating new quote from opportunitiy
When I try creating a new quote I'm getting an error. This action works on other opportunities, except for one. It's generating this error: Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Unspecified error Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: ...

Outlook Rules not working with new Exchange Server
We recently (last week) upgraded our Exchange 5.5 server with a new machine running Exchange 2003. Since that change, a few clients who use Outlook Rules to forward messages to other email addresses have noticed that those messages are no longer being delivered. We have clients using Outlook 2000 and some using 2003 - it doesn't seem to matter which version of Outlook that's being used. The rules work just fine for placing specific messages into specific folders, but anytime that a message is supposed to be forwarded to an outside email address, it is never delivered. Any ide...

How do you convert or copy your dbx files to pst files

Help with formula containing text
Hi I need some help on the following. I have a column of text, linked to other worksheets, that is continuously changing. I need to be alert if the same piece of text appears in the column more than twice, e.g. Tom Tom Jane Mary Mary Tom "ALERT" Thanks Mike -- mlhynes ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mlhynes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=12959 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=401787 Mike Visit Chip Pearson's site for much help on duplicates. Fin...

Rota's and Daily Shift Pattern's
I've got a basic rota sheet with Mon-Sunday along the top and the names of the staff down the side. Each day a memember of staff is either AM, PM or OFF. I'me trying to create a sheet that just has monday at the top with all th AM people on it. Then a sheet with all the PM people on it. Any idea's? Thanks in advance Scott. Hi Scott is this just for printing out? if so i would use the autofilter (data / filter / autofilter) - choose the drop down for MONDAY, choose AM print results ... choose PM, print results .... Cheers JulieD "Scott Cheesman" <Scott Che...

making a sum outcome negative based on adjacent cell value
I have 3 columns of single figures. At present i'm using the sumproduc fuction to multiply and total the figures in column A that fall betwee 4 and 9 with the adjacent figure in column B... =SUMPRODUCT(--($A1:$A600>=4),--($A1:$A600<=9),($B1:$B600),($A1:$A600) I'd like to add column C to the formula, so that if it contained value of -1, 1 or 2, the sum of the adjacent figures in columns A and appears as a negative number. For example A3= 7, B3= 2, C3= 1 Outcome= -14 A4= 9, B4= 1, C4= 5 Outcome= 9 A5= 3, B5= 2, C5= 2 No sum because figure in column A ...

Duplicate emails received (two copies)
I am receiving two copies of each received email. What could cause this problem? Thank You, Dan ...

Make Smartlist Payables trx find unposted batches for reconcile
Smartlist currently does not view unposted payables batches. Many people want to use this object to review unposted batches and to assist in reconciling AP to the G/L or to dump AP transaction history for auditors. he Payables Transaction Smartlist object pulls the distribution accounts from the Vendor master and not the actual posted distribution. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, f...