Need HELP! for Linking data

Could someone please direct me to where I can learn how to link date in a
work book.  i.e., I have individual pages for each subject but I need the
data that is entered in these individual pages to transfer to the Master
page
without having to manually in put it.........TNX

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Bubey,
There are not too many bits about linking worksheets or workbooks that I can
find.
But have a look at the links below, in case they give you the information
you need.
I think it is frustratingly one of those things which is very easy when you
know how, or if you can get someone to actually show you, but if you have
not done it before difficult to know how to start.  I remember being totally
baffled when I started, but now link worksheets and books without a thought.
I don't think any of these show how to use formulae to reference another
worksheet or book.  One function I use a lot between different worksheets is
vlookup, where you can look up a reference in another work book and bring
back the contents of any cell in the same row.
If you get stuck post the details of exactly what you are trying to do and
someone will most likely help (the more detail you give the more likely you
are to get a reply)

You may like to use the groups
microsoft.public.excel.newusers
or
microsoft.public.excel.misc
as I think they are more frequented.

Best of luck, Barbara

http://spider.georgetowncollege.edu/t3/wsr/csc120/sslink97.htm
http://thehub.clayton.edu/files/protect-exel.pdf
http://www.fgcu.edu/support/office2000/excel/  (a little bit in the formulas
& functions section)
http://www.du.edu/uts/training/archive/excel97/xllink97.htm (look under L
for linking)

"Bubey" <eldreds_nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Could someone please direct me to where I can learn how to link date in a
> work book.  i.e., I have individual pages for each subject but I need the
> data that is entered in these individual pages to transfer to the Master
> page
> without having to manually in put it.........TNX

0
msnews4117 (15)

Keeping rows together after link
I have spreadsheet that has several columns that link to anothe spreadsheet.This is G1:P100. My A,B,C,D columns is where I pu information related to the information in G-P. For instance, G-P link to a students information. It changes all the time. In A-D I hav columns to input criteria for each student. The problem is that whe the link updates the criteria and the student info end up on diffren rows now. For instance If B1 is " Has Housing" and G1 is " Steve" afte the update " Steve" might move to G3 and the "Has Housing" does no move with it -- Message...

Can I embed a clickable link that includes command line arguments?
I 'm familiar with the process of embedding a clickable link to a file located on a share accessible to the recipient, and do so regularly by using a UNC formatted path: \\ServerName\Path\to the \location\of the\file (Interesting ... the "<" ">" I wrapped the above line in dissappeared as soon as I entered the close bracket. In Outlook [plain text] I'm not used to that happening.) My question: is it possible to do the same thing to launch a .exe (or ..cmd) with command line arguments? Something like: \\UNC Path\Executable /argument1 /a...

HTTP link troubles
When I am using outlook express and recive andemail with a HTTP link ihave troulble opening it,. When I click on the blue http link it opens up in Netscape not in Internet Exployer Browser. I know I have a setting wrong but for the life of me cannot find how to switch it. Please help Windows Explorer->Tools->Folder Options->File Types. Edit what the http: urls open with. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without rea...

Change in restriction needs
I was not given correct information. The internal user wants to refuse mail from an external sender. Otherwise the senario is the same. We just need to block an external mail address for one particular internal user in SBS2000. pse help. You could do this globally using System Manager otherwise, create a mail-enabled contact for the external user, add it to the internal users Delivery Restrictions tab then hide the contact from the GAL. "Lane Hoskins" <lane@automatedhorizons.net> wrote in message news:#JspudoQEHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I was not given correct i...

External Link-help!
Hi there, I am trying to get rid of an external link to my excel spreadsheet that I created. When I email the excel file to a coworker, the file asks to update links. But, I want to get rid of all the links so that when others open it, the message will not come up. Under the Edit menu, the Links option is not highlighted. Somehow, the external link got embedded into the file, and I need a solution to delete it out. My job is depending on this resolution! Thanks, Tina I could really use some help! Try Bill Manville's addin. It'll find those pesky ones. Findlink.zip ...

Combo Box from data in another tab
Is it possible to create a combo box from data that's in another tab? I have a combo box that's from data in hidden columns. But now I need to move all that hidden data to another tab in the same file. But when I go into properties and go to the ListFillRange option, it won't let me enter another tab name. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/200508/1 I have called data from another tab with a combo box by doing th following: First - name the range of the data on the other tab. This can be don with the shortcut on the toolbar (l...

!!HELP!! OWA ans Outlook do not synch
OK so I rebuilt my SBS 2003 server and used Exmerge to exmerge all my users mailboxes out. Successfully exmerged them back into Exchange. Had to recreate new profiles on the users workstations but all appears to be good. One slight problem. For my external users who use Citrix and log onto the Citrix server desktop they cannot use Outlook there. I do have a case open with Microsoft regarding this issue however my immediate issue to resolve is why I can log on as a user here in the office, open Outlook and all their mail is there. However when I use OWA the mailbox is incomplete. Does no...

Adding a new data series to an existing chart
I have a stacked bar chart that shows monthly sales by customer type. I want to add an additional data series to show the monthly forecast, to be displayed as a point or line against the existing stacked-bar data. Any ideas? Select the data you want to plot. Drag onto the chart. XL will pop up with a dialog box asking for some information. Provide it and you will be all set. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta MS MVP Excel 2000-2004 www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA tutorials and add-ins Custom Productivity Solutions leveraging MS Office In article <1418C2D7-4DF6-4945-A08A...

forgot password?please help
I FORGOT MY PASSWORD ON MY MICROSOFT MONEY 2000 BUSINESS - PERSONAL I TRYED EVERY NAME AND NUMBER FOR 2 DAYS tsger@aol.com wrote: > I FORGOT MY PASSWORD ON MY MICROSOFT MONEY 2000 BUSINESS - > PERSONAL I TRYED EVERY NAME AND NUMBER FOR 2 DAYS That's got to be VERY FRUSTRATING! Not only that, but your CAPS LOCK KEY is stuck! I'm sorry for you! ...

Link subform ID control
Link subform ID control Using Access =9203=85 I have a form with one subform. The subform holds an ID field/control (called synopsisID) and a textbox for narrative entries (memo datatype called synopsis). The main form and subform are properly linked in the Child/Master field setting (synopsisID to synopsisID). My question/issue is how to update the synopsisID textbox on the main form when it=92s assigned (by autonum) in the subform. I tried the after update event of the synopsisID on the subform, but couldn=92t get it to populate the main form. Maybe there=92s a better ...

Sort Warning disabled? Need to enable it
I am trying to Sort from A-Z, but the normal warning to expand the selection does not appear? Is there some way to enable this or work around it to filter the entire document by the column I choose? Select all of your data before sorting. The warning only appears (sometimes) if XL can easily detect that you ahve adjacent data. -- Best Regards, Luke M "gnat" <gnat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95B1329C-2A83-4C37-8010-BF0E0BC1D10A@microsoft.com... >I am trying to Sort from A-Z, but the normal warning to expand the >selection > ...

Excel 2000
Hi! *First off:* I have created a spreadsheet that has a dynamic range an data validation. *Next:* i know i can add options to the 'dynamic range' and my dro down menu will add the option to its list. *Problem:* How can I make it so the user can add data into th validated data list/drop down menu rather than having the user addin it into the dynamic range? *Example:*this drop down menu indicates how often a system is updated weekly, monthly, etc. etc... i don't want to restrict it, so i want t make it so they can indicate their own time on how often those update occur. TIA -...

need a bit of help.....
I have generated a form that shows money amounts. yet i want two colums that separates the dollar amount from cents. I have for example colum *H* as the dollar amount and colum *I* as the cent amounts. Now i have tried Format Cell to set it up but it doesnt work. for example i tried the custom format for the dollar amount and it rounds it. and if there's an amount of 1108.83 the cell will show 1109. so it does not show the true value amount. i also tried the same approach with the =RIGHT(H1,2) but with the left and Mid but still didnt work, because i would have to enter the same amount o...

Data within a cell
If names are in cells as "last name, first name, middle initial" can a macro be run to change the order to "first name, middle initial, last name"? A formula will do Assuming you have spaces between commas and names, =MID(A2,FIND(",",A2)+2,FIND(",",A2,FIND(",",A2)))&RIGHT(A2,FIND(",",A2,FIND(",",A2)))&", "&LEFT(A2,FIND(",",A2)-1) Then just copy down. If you want this more permanent, copy the cells with formulas, right click, paste special. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click &q...

How do I make the x axis data the y axis data?
My graph automatically makes certain data the y axis and other data the x axis. I need to just reverse it for the graph I am looking for. Any suggestions? SLG, One option is to reverse the positions of the data on the spreadsheet. Assuming an XY chart, you would change a setup like this: x y 5 4 4 2 5 3 7 4 6 5 to this: y x 4 5 2 4 3 5 4 7 5 6 If this doesn't work, can you post back to let us know what type of chart and data you're using? ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "SLG" wrote: > My graph automatically makes certain data the y axis ...

Prevent auto recoloring of chart when using Pivot Table data
I have crated a Pivot tabel with data I want to show in a Chart. My problem is when I refresh data the colours of the "data series" changes. For exaple I want one of my series "OK" always be shown in green colour, but after a refresh of pivot all colours changes. This problem is not only colouring. If I have made changes to my chart so that one series ar plotted on a secondary axis, and I change it to another chart type (e.g. the secondary should be shown as a line instead of column) this also changes when refreshing the data. Most irritating! Anyone that knows how to p...

Data entered from list automatically enters number in another cell
I am using Excel 2007 and here is an simplified example of what I need. Items Price Potatoes 4.35 Apples 5.55 Oranges 7.95 Onions 4.55 Carrots 3.75 Items Column is List for Valid entries in table below Prices are the numbers I want entered when I enter the Item If I enter Oranges from Dropdown List in A16 , I want Excel to automatically enter the number 7.95 3 columns over in D16,or if it is quite a bit easier, just 1 column over in cell B16 Example of table I want: My Entries: Excel Enters ...

converting plain data to table format
It has been a while since I used excel but I am almost sure there is a way to convert just plain rows and columns of data into a table format. This way I believe that adding rows to this block of data is as simple as tabbing after the last cell and it should just drop down to the next row and insert one??? correct?? Excel should recognize a contiguous range as a table, or list. Include headings in the first row, and leave at least one blank row and column between the table and other items on the worksheet. You can use the built-in data form to add records to the table (Data>Form). Or,...

Data Migration Framework 08-04-04
Hi, I am not understanding something pretty fundamental regarding the Data Migration Framework (DMF). I am looking to migrate a limited number of records (approx 1K) from Goldmine into MS CRM as Account records. I understand that the DTS in SQL can be used to load the data into the CDF database. On page 73 of the Data Migration Framework Guide (v1.2) it states that you use the Goldmine export utility to extract data from Goldmine. However, how do you use DTS to load this data into the CDF database as Goldmine exports it into Excel? Also, using the export facility in Goldmine you can only e...

Link Help!!!
hi, How can I add or remove link from “My Work” under workplace, like Calendar or Reports...? And where the file sitelog.xml?? thnx, ...

Help! page range prob in print
Hi I worked on print.Everythings working perfectly except one problem.ie. When i set the PageRange option to 'ALL' option and press print button..instead of displaying only the pages which has information ..its displaying that all pages from 1 to 65535 r going to be printed. How do i remove this problem? thanks, vani I thing you may failed to set the maximum number of pages to print. Check CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage(nMaxPage); method regds Jibesh -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspecto...

MSP 2007 resources help
Hi all, Three questions: 1. What the constraint A<B,C means and how can I entering in the MSP? 2. I have 3 kinds of human resources. Lets say for example, kind A are engineers. I have 8 of them and everyone is costing 1500 Euros/month. Task A needs 4 engineers. How can I assign them to the task and add the appropriate cost? 3. I have 3 machines as a resource. Each machine has a usage cost of 3000 euros per task and function cost 2400 euros per month. How can I assign them in the appropriate tasks? And how can I distribute their cost? Thank you in advance -- - Hello...

trendline HELP!
I have a chart that i am making of PPMs for the year of 2006. I have jan-may in the data series and the rest are left blank. I am trying to get a trendline in where it will stop at whatever month I am at but update when a new month's data is entered into the box. However, I cannot figure out how to do this, when I do have a trend line it goes to like -4000. can anyone help me please? Make a dynamic chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Dynamic.htm...

Help what kind of formula?
I've used Excel formulas in a basic way (sums, averages, divisions, and multiplication of cell data) for about a year. I came across this formula today for a project I need to complete. I've never seen the "SUMIF" or the dollar symbol, OR the ampersand! After hilighting the formula to see if I could just figure it out, I'm stumped. Any chance someone could explain what function these symbols serve Here is the formula =SUMIF($D$3:$D$28,"="&$C38,H$3:H$28) :confused: -- Emil0 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Emil...

Do you need logon with a MAPI profile to publish free/busy?
Hello, We have some functional mailboxes which contain shared, resource calendars. In practice, no-one ever logs on to these mailboxes using a dedicated Outlook profile; instead they add the shared mailbox to their Outlook profile, If a user never logs on, is the free/busy info still published? Users are complaining that conflicting appointments are being created in the resource calendars. For personal calendars, the free/busy is being updated. Outlook 2003 with Outlook 2002 and 2003 clients. Thanks, - Alan. Hi Alan: No, you shouldn't have to log on with a MAPI pr...