Need Formula for control the random

Hi

--1--  I've  x-cells each with same random formula
--2-- Those x-random numbers goes to x-seperated cells
--3-- In groups of 6 i need different numbers in those x-cells

So i need formula to check the seperated cells of different numbers.
(so 2 checks 1/3 checks 2/4 checks 3 etc...)

How can i :
Let cell2 know to check the random number in cell1 ....??
((if  cell1=cell2 then run random again in cell2)) els next cell..

If cell3=cell2 then run random cell3 afgain..else go to cell4
etc

How can i put this together in a correct formula ??
random formula together with the (check formula)
or in seperated cells ??

Thx.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

J.E. McGimpsey has a nice userdefined function at:
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/randint.html

"The Wraith <" wrote:

> Hi
>
> --1--  I've  x-cells each with same random formula
> --2-- Those x-random numbers goes to x-seperated cells
> --3-- In groups of 6 i need different numbers in those x-cells
>
> So i need formula to check the seperated cells of different numbers..
> (so 2 checks 1/3 checks 2/4 checks 3 etc...)
>
> How can i :
> Let cell2 know to check the random number in cell1 ....??
> ((if  cell1=cell2 then run random again in cell2)) els next cell..
>
> If cell3=cell2 then run random cell3 afgain..else go to cell4
> etc
>
> How can i put this together in a correct formula ??
> random formula together with the (check formula)
> or in seperated cells ??
>
> Thx..
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

Need to display leading zeros in concatenation
In my table I have a job code field that is formated 0000. I need to concatenate that filed with the job title field in a query with a dash between. Example: Job Code: 0006 Job Title: Slave Result: 0006-Slave I've done the concatenation in an expression field in my query but it drops the leading zeros. Here's what I've used: Expr2: [Tbl_NCBHNewHire60-DayTBComplianceStatus]![Job Code] & "-" & [Tbl_NCBHNewHire60-DayTBComplianceStatus]![Job Title] I don't have the option of changing the job code field to text because the data comes from a query run to Exc...

Removing a un-needed service
System: Win XP Home Edition, Service pack 3 After un installing a anti virus program, a couple of services were left behind which are preventing me from installing a later version of the software. The error I get when trying to install the software is: Local machine: installation failed Installation: Error: Action failed for file avgtdix.sys: creating service.... The name is already in use as either a service name or a service display name. It seems that the only way to do the install is to first remove the existing service listings. Can anyone help? Th...

Contains command in a Formula
Hello and thank you so much in advance for helping me - I am working o a complex project that requires me to identify certain text within string of variables and label the cell as "Home Stereo", Electronics etc. A2 is http://w.126x.com/?kw=home%20electronics&src=excel&ref=help A3 is http://w.126x.com/?kw=home%stereo&src=excel&ref=help In B2 I would like to enter a formula that says if in A2 the word "home" and "electronics" appear then B2 would say "Home Electronics". And I would like in the same formula to assign different labels so...

Conditional formatting: How to set condition "formula" with is "date" formatted
I want to use Conditional Formatting. I opt for "formula". The condition should be that a cell F9 that is formatted to Date 14-Mar-07 (see cell format) need to be filled with a date (any date). If empty then FALSE. What is the formulah I need to fill in. DATE(F9<>0) failed for me. This is the condition that is set for cell H9. Thank you. Bart Excel 2003 =AND(LEFT(CELL("format",F9),1)="D",--RIGHT(CELL("format",F9),1)<6,LEN(CELL("format",F9))=2,LEN(F9)>0) -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere sho...

Excel: Copy to a new tab but keep formula references from old shee
I have a roughly 25 rows of formulas that i need to copy to a new tab that reference numbers within the same worksheet. How do i get these newly copied formulas within the new tab to still reference all of the information in the original tab? On Apr 24, 5:10=A0pm, Cheese man <Cheese m...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a roughly 25 rows of formulas that i need to copy to a new tab tha= t > reference numbers within the same worksheet. > > How do i get =A0these newly copied formulas within the new tab to still > reference all of the information in...

Copy a formula pattern
I am trying to copy a formula that pertains to another sheet in the same workbook. How can I do this? =IF(I1="","",'Team Winners'!$AB7) =IF(I2="","",'Team Winners'!$AB7) =IF(I3="","",'Team Winners'!$AB7) =IF(I4="","",'Team Winners'!$AB8) =IF(I5="","",'Team Winners'!$AB8) =IF(I6="","",'Team Winners'!$AB8) Every third row I need to increase the row by one. If I just do a copy every row goes up by one. I need to do this ...

IMFv2 Microsoft Update caught in "needs update" loop after January 5, 2005 Update (Exchange 2003 SP2)
We applied Exchange 2003 SP2 last year without incident, and we enabled and configured IMFv2 to pull updates down from Microsoft Update with no problems. The December 15, 2005 IMF Update (6.5.7757.0) was identified and installed correctly last year. Last night as part of the regular monthly updates, a new update to IMF was identified, January 5, 2006 IMF Update (6.5.7765.0), we applied it along with the other Critical Updates and rebooted the server. When the server came back up shortly after, Automatic Updates identified the old December Update to IMF as needing to be installed even th...

Excel Formula Help #3
I have data consisting of New Traffic and Returning Traffic. I need to find out the percentage of New Traffic that is Returning Traffic. What formula do I use? Help!!! Please tell us a bit more about how the data is set out. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "cempire5" <cempire5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E141B74-B168-4AD2-8BAC-DEB46E7DD5E0@microsoft.com... >I have data consisting of New Traffic and Returning Traffic. I need to >find > out the percentage of New Traff...

Change absolute cell reference in formula
I've got a bunch of cells set up to be the sum of 2 specific cells. The formula I'm using is ($G$216+$G$3617) for example. I now need to duplicate this in column I so my new formula should be ($I$216+$I$3617) but when I cut and paste from G to I, the formula is still referencing G, which is to be expected. Is there a quick way to update the formulas so they reference I instead? Thanks. Mark Find/replace -- Jim "Mark Christensen" <markc@ssbrakes.com> wrote in message news:OeSCRjX9HHA.484@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... | I've got a bunch of cells set up to be th...

formula query #3
I have a group of 52 "weekly" spreadsheets , each one is named after this week's start date in a prcise format e.g. 130305.xls. I want to create a cell within each weekly sheet which simply contains this weeks date. Obviously I could manually enter this data but I would prefer it if Excel could automatically access the filename of this spreadsheet and embed it accordingly in the cell. Can anyone tell me if this is possible? TIA Wayne Chip Pearson has formulas for returning the Sheet Name or the File Name: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/excelF.htm#FileName Wayne K...

not sure if I'm using the correct formula for the result I want?
I'm trying to calculate a 'low net' score. A persons 'actual score' minus 'their handicap' = 'low net' score. I have this worksheet setup like this; A4:A23 = list of names Columns B-U have the weekly calculated low net scores B4:U23 = the calculated 'low net' scores using this formula =SUM(Scorecard!B4-Scorecard!Y4); (this is for player one) Scorecard!B4 is player one's first week 'actual score', Scorecard!Y4 is player one's calculated 'handicap'. In Row B25:U25 I have this formula {=MIN(IF(B$4:B$23>0,B$4:B$23))}, t...

ActiveX controls in vc++ #2
If i write some independent stuff to activeX Class member function its working fine. The problem is with when i add a member function which inturn call a function in a dll file,thats why i am getting the error Self regitration failed when adding that ocx control to other appliaction.How can i solve this problem.I tried with regsvr32 to register it.but the same problem is repeated. How can i solve this problem?Please reply me... -- Adarsh ...

help, formula to read results and paste to other document
have document labeled for each week, within this there are 6 sheets, mon/tues/wed/thurs/fri/total i want the total for each person to be put into a other excel document, is this possible ?? if so how ? A "document" is a workbook/file? "each week" means how many weeks? 52 for a year? Each workbook has 6 worksheets? "each person" is situated where within the above configuation? On one of the 6 sheets within the 52? workbooks? On all of the 6 sheets in each workbook? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On 20 Aug 2006 14:20:49 -0700, paulaskew@hotmail.com wrote: ...

Need help creating a database for a shopping cart website.
Being a total newbie to Excel I need some help building a database for my first shopping cart website. Other than the SKU numbers, what other information do I need to include? For the website I have selected SecureNetShop as my shopping cart service and will be using PayPal as my payment gateway. Any and all help is more than greatly appreciated. Thank you sooooo much! :o) Here's what I would do... they appear to have an export function. So manually enter a product, and export it. You should now have a "template" for yourself. ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www....

Need help in UNICODE configurations
Hi all , I have a C++ library , and I am in a way of Globalizing it (UNICODE support) I added the pre-processor directives (UNICODE and _UNICODE) even then UNIOCODE is not supported I am using Visual Studio 2005 for building .Can any one help me in this regard..... Thanks in advance "jklioe" <ranu2006@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1193751922.664030.298920@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > I have a C++ library , and I am in a way of Globalizing it (UNICODE > support) > I added the pre-processor directives (UNICODE and _UNICODE) even then > UNIOCODE is no...

Formula from closed workbook?
Please advise me is it possible to read/extract a formula from a closed workbook eg. =IF(ISNUMBER(N26),MAX(N26*$N$2,M26),$O$1) from say cell(26, 15) of a closed workbook, I've tried so far using variations of ExecuteExcel4Macro() and an ADO routine but have only returned values. I have a number of similar workbooks where the contents of that cell can have 1 of 4 different formulas that I need to determine. Thanks in advance Oswald I don't have a way. But I'd just turn off screenupdating, open the other workbook, grab what I need, and close that other workbook. It ...

How to find all formulas that used a certain named range
Any idea how one can find all the formulas in a workbook that use a certain named range. In my case I have forgotten why I created a certain named range and would like to know what will be affected if I delete it. Thanks Laurence You could try Edit | Find | "RangeName" in formulas. Rgds, ScottO "Laurence Lombard" <lombardm@mweb.co.za> wrote in message news:4ZednSu0Gv5VUcDenZ2dnUVZ_s-dnZ2d@is.co.za... | Any idea how one can find all the formulas in a workbook that use a certain | named range. | | In my case I have forgotten why I created a certain named range and...

copying formula #2
I need to copy the formula "=IF(MAX(Sheet2!B5:B200)>(TODAY()-21),"not due","due") in sheet1 from cell b2 to all the cells between b3 and b200. Each cell should refer to a new worksheet, ie b3 refers Sheet3, b4 to Sheet4 and so on. When I try to fill it in or copy and paste, only the cell range changes, and I don't seem to be able to relate it to the sheets required. I'd be grateful for any help please JG As far asI know, it cant be done, you need to change the sheet names manually. I would however be delighted to be proved wrong! Regards, "JG&qu...

Need help calculating formula!
I have a spreadsheet created that have numerous cell entries with different values in each cell. Like a price list. What I've been trying to do was create a formula to add $50 to each cell entry amount without having to manual add $50 to each entry. I've searched Microsoft Excel help files and I can't find anything to help unless I don't know what I'm looking for and that could be the case. I need to take say the cell value of B5 (which is say 135 and then add 50 to it) I want to then be able to apply to entire column. Can someone help me out? THANKS! Hi Brita, in...

i need to convert from UTC time to Local -7 hours offset
i need to convert data from UTC time to my local time witch is -7 hours from UTC (GMT) Hi simply subtract (add) the appropiate time to your cells. Just nore that 1 hour in Excel is equivalent to 1/24 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kevin Morris" <Kevin Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:52B7A37B-CC11-4313-A450-E010421789E9@microsoft.com... > i need to convert data from UTC time to my local time witch is -7 hours from > UTC (GMT) I tried that can you give me an example I need a formula that will subtract -7 hour for a time colum...

Help
Hi, I have an excel sheet with some standard controls such as buttons and combo boxes on it using Excel 2002 SP3. The problem is that after I do a print preview and closed the print preview window. There are page break dotted lines displayed on the sheets and all the controls on on the second page get shifted to the first page. I've check the lock property on the controls(buttons, combo boxes etc) to True and that doesn't seem to work. The strange thing is that on the problem does not exists on my windows XP system but only happening on my Windows 2000 machine. Any help would be m...

activex controls
I have a series of List Boxes in a worksheet and would like to snap them to a cell, so users can't shift them. Is this possible? Hi not possible with Forms/Toolbox controls. You may use a data - validation listbox though. See: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Karin wrote: > I have a series of List Boxes in a worksheet and would like to snap > them to a cell, so users can't shift them. Is this possible? ...

OWA
We have a domain controller running Win2k and Exch2k. We have OWA up and running fine. The url to get to OWA is http://exchsrvr.ournetwork.com/exchange. Of course, there is a DNS entry pointing exchsrvr to the exchange/DC box. However, exchsrvr is also listed in ADUC as a domain controller. Is this necessary? Basically, there are 2 domain controller listings for the same computer. I did not set up OWA, but I looked on Microsoft's site and saw nothing about about having to set up a second listing for the same DC. thanks for any help I'm a little confused. Are you saying ...

Font in list control
Hi Experts, I have some strings. I want to display hex values of these strings in a list control. Length of each string is 10 bytes. So Each item in list control will contains 20 hex characters. Now when i run the program then they are not displaying in a standard way. They are displaying like 12 4f 34 67 23 57 b3 56 45 78 97 55 While i want them to be display like any hex editor. I don't want to use space between hex characters. So i think i need to set any font. Please tell me what to do for that. Thanks "MFCQuery" <mfcquery@hotmail.com> wrote in message news...

Option group controlling objects
Hello All, Is there a faster way of doing the following. It's kind of choppy when the objects disappear then reappear. I'm sure it's pretty obvious what I'm trying to do. Private Sub OptionButton1_Click() If OptionButton1.Value = True Then Label3.Visible = False Label4.Visible = False Label5.Visible = False Label6.Visible = True ComboBox1.Visible = False ComboBox2.Visible = False ComboBox3.Visible = False ComboBox4.Visible = True Label7.Visible = True Label8.Visible = True ComboBox5.Visible = True ComboBox6....