Need Combo Box Help

I used the Forms Tool to setup a combo box

Enter following data in B1:B3
B1 = yes
B2 = no
B3 = maybe

Click Combo Box control from Forms Toolbar

Right Click the Combo Box and then click Format Control

On the control tab enter...

Input Range: B1:B3
Cell Link: =INDEX(B1:B3,C1)

No Workie... I want to be able to have the word "yes" or "no" or "maybe"
show up in cell C1 when someone selects them from the combo box.

Clearly I'm missing something. Thanks for any help.

0
topmailbox (52)
3/19/2005 8:12:37 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

How about making your cell link D1 (just D1--not a formula).  Then use this in
C1:

=INDEX(B1:B3,D1)

The linked cell returns a index number into that list--not the value itself.

But if you used the combobox from the Control toolbox toolbar, the linked cell
is the value in the combobox.

--

Dave Peterson
0

I got it... I need to do as you said and put the INDEX formula in another
cell. Have it working now.

thanks

"Dave Peterson" <ec35720@netscapeXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> How about making your cell link D1 (just D1--not a formula).  Then use
> this in
> C1:
>
> =INDEX(B1:B3,D1)
>
> The linked cell returns a index number into that list--not the value
> itself.
>
> But if you used the combobox from the Control toolbox toolbar, the linked
> cell
> is the value in the combobox.
>

> tmb wrote:
>>
>> I used the Forms Tool to setup a combo box
>>
>> Enter following data in B1:B3
>> B1 = yes
>> B2 = no
>> B3 = maybe
>>
>> Click Combo Box control from Forms Toolbar
>>
>> Right Click the Combo Box and then click Format Control
>>
>> On the control tab enter...
>>
>> Input Range: B1:B3
>> Cell Link: =INDEX(B1:B3,C1)
>>
>> No Workie... I want to be able to have the word "yes" or "no" or "maybe"
>> show up in cell C1 when someone selects them from the combo box.
>>
>> Clearly I'm missing something. Thanks for any help.
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
topmailbox (52)

Excel and some disappeared sheets

crm consultant needed asap

can I snap wrap points to a text box

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

Help With Margin Formula

GETPIVOTDATA data_field help

Help!!!!
I am running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 sp6a. Norton Anti- virus deleted my edb.log file. I have done an on-line restore with Arcserve 2000 and now my directory service won't start. getting 1166 internal processing error. I have been to support and could find anything that helped. Thanks in advance You may want to run eseutil /mh <drive and path to your dir.edb and include the dir.edb > c:\edb.dmp. Find this file and see if your dir is also inconsistent. If so you will need to restore your dir. -- Nan Bennett (MSFT) Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send e-mail...

Refreshing list boxes
Hi, I have created a database so that mulpile users can add detailss to the table - tblDetails from the form frmDetails or amend details in form frmAmend. I have a list box on the main page frmMain which has a list box lstSearch which shows all the records in the database. When users add new record to the database other users cannot see the added records unless the move to another section in the datbase and the return to the main page thus refreshing the list box. Can anyone tell me if there is a way I can put a "Refresh" button on the main page that updated the list box if the use...

Bank One Download is not working

help #2

problem opening up program/file

Result in message box
HI, this is second time iam posting this ,,kindly help me a form contains button which runs a query like select count(field1) from table t1 ... then normally we will get a spread sheet window containing result in a single cell, let say answer is 85. now when command button is clicked then a message box should appear displaying the result 85.. please give coding also if required..... thanks naveen prasad wrote: > HI, > this is second time iam posting this ,,kindly help me > What was wrong with the reply you've already received? Please reply in your origina...

Credit Card Downloading HELP!
I had 2005 and this worked ok but not on 2006. I download my 20 credit card transactions in QIF format. Money says it has 20 to review so I click that and they simply do not appear in the register! The the heck?!? I've tried quite a few things already to no avail. Deleted history and temp, deleted the statement and previous transactions/statements, repaired my money file a few times, tried to import in a different file but it just doesn't show up. Suggestions please...tia In microsoft.public.money, lucas.allen@gmail.com wrote: >I had 2005 and this worked ok but not on 2006....

Errror Help: character ' ', hexadecimal value 0x2 is illegal in xml documents
what does this error mean? how can i fix this? thanks, raj * raj wrote in microsoft.public.dotnet.xml: >what does this error mean? how can i fix this? You have an octet 0x02 or perhaps a character reference &#x02; in the document. This is not allowed in XML 1.0; the latter is allowed in XML 1.1 but your version of the .NET framework probably does not support that, and most likely you have not declared this version either. In other words, your document includes random binary data and is there- fore not an XML document. You have to correct the document before you can successfully...

mail gateway help
we have barracuda for our mail firewall but you can send mail out through it. Where do you normally point your exchange server to send mail out? the internet router the pix firewall ? "=?Utf-8?B?RWRkaWU=?=" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:EF923D10-571B-42D0-85E3-D45CB9FC2A1C@microsoft.com: > we have barracuda for our mail firewall but you can send mail out > through it. Where do you normally point your exchange server to send > mail out? the internet router the pix firewall ? > What exactly is your question? What version of exchange are you us...

Where is "Help" located in 2007?
I cannot find the "Help" section in Word 2007. Where can I find it? Thank you! Click the question mark ? top right of the Word window or press F1 which is the universal help call. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "Todd" <Todd@discussion...

MFC classes DISAPPEAR!!!!help
could someone please help me: many MFC classes almost always disappear from class browser window!!! while their files continue to be properly listed in the file browser window thanks! Bianca Try deleting the clw file and let the class wizard recreate it for you. If that doesnt help also try deleting the opt and ncb files. Or else try upgrading to Everett :-) -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "BIANCA" <bbb_1973@virgilio.it> wrote in message news:d2504dc9.0308140037.699a9ae8@posting.google.com... > could someone please help me: > many MFC classes almost always disappear from...

VLookUp Help!
I am trying to put together a pricing wizard for my company that would allow reps and resellers to easily look up the prices of our products. I originally designed a pivot table with drop down lists but this proved to be to difficult for most people to use. I though instead I could use VLookup to accomplish the same thing. The problem is we price our products by quantity. 5 to 25 being one price 26 to 50 being another and so on. Because of the ranges of pricing I can not figure a way, using VLookup to actually look up a price. Here is an example of the pricing: # Part # of Licen...

SQL help needed please
greetings gurus I am having trouble with the syntax of a query I'm trying to write. Here is the situation, simpified to its essence: C:/DB/A.mdb has tblNames with relevant fields CustID, CustName, CustEMail. C:/DB/B.mdb has the same table and fields. C:/DB/C.mdb also has the same table and fields. Many of the names appear in 2 or 3 of the databases, but most names appear in only one of the three databases. Here's what I am trying to do (so far without success)... I want the values of CustID, CustName, CustEMail that are in A.mdb UNION the values of CustID, Cus...

Mortgage Setup help
Hi, Can anyone tell me the preferred way of setting up a variable rate mortgage with introductory rates? With a new mortgage account with 'track transactions' on, if I attempt to set it up as follows: (example figures) Next adjustment - 1 Jan 2007 Period between adjustments - 1 year Paid - Weekly Loan amount - 150,000 Rate - 1.5% (an introductory rate) Length = 52 * 25 = 1300 payments Principal + Interest = 300 Balloon Amount = <BLANK> I get the following error message: 'Your loan terms and amounts do not work together'. I realise that this is true - but it's...