Name Range with using Data Form

I first created a variable with A1:D1, four columns with named variable
Data. How to expand this Data range to A1:D2 after using the DataForm to add
one row data in the worksheet?? The same, the Data range should be A1:D3
when adding one more data row...

million thanks

0
erickwyum (14)
10/4/2004 7:59:05 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
use the following formula in the name definition dialog
=OFFSET($A$1:$D$1,0,0,COUNTA($A:$A))

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Displaying hidden data on a chart
I have a number of data series in a table on sheet 1, and this data is plotted as an x-y scatter in a chart on sheet 2. I want to hide a column in the table, but when i do this the related data series disappears from the chart. Is there a way to hide a column whilst still having it plotted on the chart? At the moment I have just set the column width to 1 pixel, which is a bit messy. Thanks Hi, Yes, select the chart and then via the menu Toosl > Options > Chart. unchecked the Plot visible cells only. Cheers Andy Nick Terry wrote: > I have a number of data series in a tabl...

Secure deletion of data from Exchange server networks.
I would like to completely eradicate messages from my exchange server network. When I say eradicate i don't mean detonating my servers and melting them down for scrap or running 'Boot & Nuke' disks but i want at the very least to overwrite the clusters on which the data was stored so as to prevent recovery of the data without examination of the disk platters. This as far as I know, would require: Deleting messages from the server message store. Deleting entries from the server logs. Deleting messages from the client .ost file. Deleting entries from client logs. Running a...

Multiple charts with same serie names
I want to have the same color in all four of my line charts per series. All charts have the same series name. Is there some type of VBA code that I can run a macro to achieve this ? example: boat = green line mnotorcycle = yellow line auto = red line Hi, You could avoid VBA, maybe, by choosing Tools, Options, Color and setting the first three colors of the Chart fills aor Chart lines area depending on the type of charts you are using. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Jennifer" wrote: > I want to have the same color in all four of m...

Display Name #3
How can i change a display name that show up in the mail "from".. ? If it's your user, and you're using Exchange: Find the User in AD, and then either select 'Properties', 'General' - change the details here. It may take and hour or two before you see the changes from Exchanges point of view. Oliver "Durby vend" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ekdoOnsDHHA.4508@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How can i change a display name that show up in the mail "from".. ? > And do not forget to update profile on user&...

Named Piped and TCP/IP Protocols
Why are the SQL Server Client Network Utility Named Piped and TCP/IP Protocols supposed to be enabled? I need to know specifically and not generally speaking. I cannot find any supporting KB articles providing this information only on how to setup a ODBC connection which we are already versed on. Thank you! Kerri Kerri, In the installation manual for GP (page 13 for GP 10.0) the recommendation is to limit your network to one protocol. Since TCP/IP is required for GP, that's typically all you need. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://...

sorting non contiguous ranges
I have a worksheet with student demographic data. Column A has name, Col B has address, Col C has instructor, Col D has instrument, etc. There are command buttons at the top for sorting the data, 1 for the student name (ColA), another for sorting by the instrument etc. The student names are Paste Linked to a second worksheet. Problem: When the sort is triggered from the first worksheet, the names on the second worksheet change according to the paste link. I would all the information on the second sheet to move with the names if any sorting is triggered on the first worksheet. Now when a sort...

Sending mails using contact groups

Code to select data
Hi - I am using v2007 and want to know code for selecting from row 2 to the end of populated data in a spreadsheet. The length of the data will vary everytime. Any help gratefully nreceived. Thanks. Anita Assuming you mean you want to select entire rows, give this a try... Dim LastRow As Long LastRow = ActiveSheet.Cells.Find(What:="*", SearchOrder:=xlRows, _ SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, LookIn:=xlFormulas).Row If LastRow > 1 Then Range("2:" & LastRow).Select -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Anita" <Anita@discussions.m...

is there a template to use pc as cash register
i am just trying to figure it all out and cant seem to get it to do it properly so i was hoping someone already worked out all the bugs and have a template ...

Filter a List Box Using a Combo Box
I have a dialog box that contains a list box of all my records; basically this is used as a way for a person to find/edit a previously-entered record (select from list box and click to edit/view). The list box is based on a simple query. I want to add a combo box that will allow me to filter the list box by one of the fields - so the user could select what type of record he/she would like to see, and the list box would automatically filter. I know I need an After Update event on the combo box, but I can't figure out the code. The complicating factor is that there are other filter...

How do you use DTpicker in a Userfrom #3
Chip Thanks for that problem solved Regards, TDR Chip Pearson Wrote: > You simply drag and drop the control on to the userform, and > resize it to the desired size. You get the currently selected > date with the Value property. E.g., > > MsgBox Me.DTPicker1.Value > > You might want to be more specific in your question. What > problems are you having with the control? > > > -- > Cordially, > Chip Pearson > Microsoft MVP - Excel > Pearson Software Consulting, LLC > www.cpearson.com > > > > "TDR" TDR.1tg3yr@news.exc...

how to use ado to check a field is nullallowable(SQL Server)?
I use ado to operate a database in SQLServer 2k.On the occasion that addnew NULL value to a field not nullallowable, an exception will be thrown.So I need to check whether the field is nullallowable or not before addnew. my question is how to check a field is nullallowable. thanks! best regards, kywoo Get the Field object, check its attribute by (Field::GetAttributes or maybe Field::get_Attributes) the attribute "adFldIsNullable" is what you want. "kywoo" <kywoo@tongji.edu.cn> wrote in message news:%23bcHqYvhDHA.2512@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I use ado to opera...

Data in columns
Good afternoon, In Access 2007, I have a table that looks like this: EquipID Text (5) ChackDate Date UserID Text(2) Check1 Y/N Check2 Y/N Check3 Y/N Obs Text (255) .... I need a report that looks like this: 01/01/2007 Equipment A1 A2 A3 User MF FO MF Bolts secured Y N Y Instruction Manual Y Y N Packaging ...

How to store jpg in a database for use in another sheet #3
Can somebody please explain me how to store jpg's in a database and le them show in another sheet when entering a specific key -- Marc Willems ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Marc Willemse's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=164 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187045633 ...

Opened from which form?
In form X I would like to make a button visible/invisible depending on which form opened form X. For instance: if form X is opened by form A the button should be visible, otherwise it should be invisible. Is this possible? Thanks in advance, John Set the button's Visible property to No. Then in the code that opens it from Form A: Const strcTarget = "Form1" 'Your form name goes here. DoCmd.OpenForm strcTarget Forms(strcTarget)!cmd1.Visible = False If the form is opened in Dialog mode, pass something in OpenArgs, and test it in Form_Open. -- Allen Bro...

Test which Main form a Subform is using
In Access 2003 have a subform that I am re-using within several different Main forms. My issue is that I need to put some validation coding on the subform. (ie. Validate that data in one field on the subform is coordinating properly with other fields.) Whenever I write this validation code I need to specify the main form when refering to the fields in the subform. Is there a way I can test which Main form I am in and then create an if/then statement to use the correct validation for that Main form? If you have a different solution, I'm open to suggestions! Thank you, Cathy wro...

Using IM to upload Sales Territory?
I am trying to update the sales territory table in GP 9.0. I've looked at the Integration manager (IM) and couldn't figure how to do it. There is no destination within IM that points to the Sales Territory master file. I've have setup uploads using IM before for SOP, Journals, AP before. Thanks You could do a table import for that. Set up a csv file with your territory information. It should not have a header row. Open up your Sales Territory Maintenance card then click Tools>Integrate>Table Import then select the Sales Territory Master File. Map the fields and...

M$2004 uses estimated bill amount, not downloaded amount
I just upgraded from M$2002 to M$2004, and now when I download my statements and match them to my Bills and Deposits, it records the amount in the estimate, rather than the downloaded amount. Is there an option for configuring which AMOUNT to use? Thanks, C ...

Sub Form Combo Box
I don't understand why this code does not work. When the user enters a date in a text box the subform combo box (CA_NAME) should only show two choices. But nothing happens, no error, nothing.. Help please.... Private Sub TR_ACKNOWLTR_GotFocus() If Me.TR_ACKNOWLTR <> " " Then Me!frmCaseLog!CA_NAME.RowSource = "Select * from tblCommitteeName where [C_Committee] = 'AG'or 'AL'" End If End Sub "Dan @BCBS" <DanBCBS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6A659C4-1110-449F-91F5-23FD17A41014@microsoft.com... >I...

using info on cd instead of hard drive
I am uncomfortable keeping my MS$ info on my hard drive. I don't have any account #'s entered, and I do use a firewall & a/v updated, etc., but I'm a paranoiac I guess. Is it possible each time I run my MS Money 2004, to use/add to all the data from the backup CD instead of having it stored on my hard drive? If so, how would I do it? Just insert the CD and then enter/update my info and then backup to the same CD-RW? Thanks for any suggestions. I am not technologically advanced, so any help in layperson's simple babysteps would be most appreciated. In microsof...

Extra Spaces with copied data
I recently had to copy a large amount of data from my company's website. When I copied it over to Excel all cells had trailing spaces, 5 spaces to be exact. What I need to know is how do I sweep through and get rid of all those extra spaces. They are interferring with calculations and sorting of numbers. Thanks for all your help. -- shane24 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ shane24's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4770 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=490089 Tr...

Bar data not displaying
I am trying to create a bar chart that refers to a set of cells which are calculating the remaining time after subtracting the differences between beginning and end times from a static time value (1:15) using the following formula: =IF(AND(COUNT(D9:DL9)<>0,COUNT(D9:DL9)=COUNT(D8:DL8)),$B$2-(SUM(D9:DL9)-SUM(D8:DL8)),B2) The B2 cell refers to the static time of 1:15 that is formated as h:mm. If there is no start and end time values in the range and therefore the cell is assigned a IF-FALSE value of 1:15, when the bar chart is created there is no bar value displayed in the chart. If...

Adding information from a form into a table
After data is entered into a form how can I add it to an existing table? If it's a bound form (the norm), you don't have to do anything. Forms are intended to be "windows" to tables. A bound form will automatically write its data to the table when the current row loses focus. If it's an unbound form, you have to add the data yourself, either using a SQL INSERT INTO statement, or using VBA and a recordset. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "carrie" <carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Formula to count only positives in range
Hi am using Excel 2003. I am trying to add only the numbers that are in posotives in a particular range. for example. A1 = 10, A2 = 11, A3 = 7, A4= -6, A5= 8. How do I go about adding all the cells except A4 in a formula? Your assistance is greatly appreicated. thanks Stadinx One way =SUMIF(A1:A5,">0") -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Stadinx" <Stadinx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:212E2D37-5694-4073-93C9-4988B262AAC3@microsoft.com... > Hi > am using Excel 2003. > I am trying to add only the numbers that a...

How to get data from Yahoo calender ?
Hello all, I am developing an application in VC++/MFC to fetch the data from the Yahoo calender. I searched the Yahoo developers site but i am not getting any clue that from where to start. Can anybody tell me that how to start? Means suppose i would have user's Yahoo ID and Pswrd then which URL should i call so that i will get the Yahoo Calender data(Events in it etc.) Thx in Advance... Rohit ...