Name Conflict Message from Excel

When I attemtp to create a copy of an existing worksheet in my workbook
I get the following message from excel:

A formula or sheet you what to move or copy contains the name 'what'
which already exists on the destination worksheet.  Do you want to us
this version of the name?

I have searched the worksheet for such name and confirmed in the Defin
Name dialog box that is not listed.

Any ideas on how to find the alleged name or how to delete it

--
Guy Hoffma
Guy Hoffman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=141

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Get a copy of Jan Karel Pieterse, Charles Williams and Matthew Henson's utility
called NameManager.  It'll make finding names pretty darn easy.

You can find it at:
http://www.bmsltd.ie/mvp

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

recieved error message 0x8DE00006
I cannot get Outlook to send a mass mailer out to business emails. Is ther a max amount that I can send too? I just keep getting this error message and then I go to look it up and there is not solution. Please help!? I have about 375 emails addresses in a distribution list. I just can't seem to send it out. This is most probably an issue with your ISP. They put a quota on how many emails you can send out at a single time. It is a control put in place to restrict Spam. Call your ISP for info -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests fo...

Excel Maximized Larger than Screen?
I was on a PC yesterday where Excel Maximized was larger than the PC Screen ... very annoying ... What is the setup required to set Excel Maximized to PC Screen Size ... As always ... My many Thanks to those of you that support this board ... Kha ... Do you mean excel or a workbook within excel? If you meant excel, then I'm gonna guess (and it's just a guess) that either windows got confused (or you changed the display properties for your windows setting 1024x768 type of thing). I'd resize it and see if that fixed the problem. If it did, I'd chalk it up to one time thin...

How to export policies to excel
Hello All, Our organization has an in-house security tool that generates a text file with lists of policies and violations. A VB script reads that text file and populates certain cells on an excel file. There is one column for each db and one row for each policy. All are SQL 2000 and 2005 version. New policies are not covered by the tool. So it needs to be tool+manual scrips, or PBM, maybe? I wonder if it can be done through Policy Based Management. I am not sure how easy to generate a similar excel file out of SQL Server policies. Has anyone used Powershell and/or Report...

Trouble enabling Message tracking
when i go to enable message tracking on my 2k3 exchange server it comes up with the following error: Access Denied. Facitity: LDAP Provider ID no: 80070005 Microsoft exchange management. Now i have full rights over the domain - Full exchange right. I've also permissioned the share and NTFS of \\server\exchange.log correctly and this share points to c:\program files\Exchsrvr\server.log. Could someone please help me? many thanks Will Gerrish Are you trying to do this from the actual Exchange server or somewhere else? Nue "will gerrish" <willgerrish@discussions.microso...

VLookup in VBA giving error message

Excel sheet not visible
When I open a local copy all I can see is the content of 1 cell in the menu bar, the work area is all blank gray. I can see the complete sheet (3 Pages) in print preview. Most users have no problem with this sheet. I have repaired the installation of Office 2000 and ran all updates, Same problem. It is something on the local PC that is causing this effect. Other sheets show up just fine. This is a very simple spred sheet with no formulas. Maybe it's just off the screen. Window|Arrange|Tiled (and then resize it the way you want) New group user 944 wrote: > > When I open a l...

Wrong unread count in inbox (1 is list but no there is no messages)
I'm trying to figure out why a user has this problem. The unread inbox count shows 1, even if there are no unread messages in the Inbox. Any ideas? Thanks in advance! Check your view (View, Current View, Customize Current View) and make sure there are no filters set. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 Author, Absolute Beginner's Guide to OneNote 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "mr_gustav" <randy.riauka@saultc.on.ca> wrote in message news:17b1b01c418c3$e7e4aff0$a10128...

Trouble doing a formula for excel
Hi All I have a spreadsheet with the following A1: z:\data/pc32/tsheets\unsorder00039.csv I would like to add 1 too the number to make unsorder00040.csv and so I have try mid,right,left i can't seem to do it Cheers "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53AAB904-8595-499F-BF38-8BE00826101C@microsoft.com... > Hi All > > I have a spreadsheet with the following > A1: z:\data/pc32/tsheets\unsorder00039.csv > > I would like to add 1 too the number to make unsorder00040.csv and so > I have try mid,right,left i can't see...

EXCEL caused an IPF in module OLEAUT32.DLL
I'm using Microsoft Office 2000 Professional on Win98-SE, I suddenly began getting the error message: EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in module OLEAUT32.DLL at 0187:653aac21. Registers: EAX=000047e9 CS=0187 EIP=653aac21 EFLGS=00010282 EBX=0040fd9c SS=018f ESP=0062b54c EBP=0062b5bc ECX=65350218 DS=018f ESI=00000000 FS=0f57 EDX=00000000 ES=018f EDI=00000001 GS=0000 I tried re-installing EXCEL but that didn't work. I changed the Oleaut32.dll with an older version and that also didn't work. I ran Office Setup and chose to run EXCEL from the CD and it went smooth without problems. ...

Excel worksheet with VBE codes don't work elsewhere
Hi, Some of my excel worksheets with embedded controls and VBA codes don' work when I open it on another PC. Is there another way to make i work? Thx -- lazybea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lazybear's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3519 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54955 Specifically what problems are you having? Saying "don't work" means absolutely nothing. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC ww...

Excel 2000 vs. Excel 2002

Customizing Excel's Border Defaults
I'm working with Excel 2000 and use Borders frequently. The preset default border is a thin line, yet I prefer and always change it to the thick line. How can I change the Excel default to the thick line rather than the thin line? I know it's a small problem, but it's driving me crazy changing it all the time. In WORD, I know how to easily "add style default to template", but can't figure it out in Excel. Any help is greatly appreciated! ...

conditional formatting in excel #3

Vacation Message
Is there a way to send an automated response letting people know you are away from the office? If corporate e-mail servers are Microsoft Exchange, you should have an option under the Tools menu called Out of Office Assistant. "Brien" <bnicolau@falcon.tamucc.edu> wrote in message news:0db401c34d2c$307e9e10$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to send an automated response letting > people know you are away from the office? ...