Multiplying time by $ per hour

Hi,

How can you multiply 58:41:00 times $200 per hour?

I guess you have to change the 58:41 into an integer and decimal
format but I don't know how to do that?

Also, if you have a long list of times, what is the best way to check
the addition of those times? Is there a quick way to add the minutes
and the hours separately or turn it all to minutes and then divide by
60?
0
alancalan (4)
12/4/2006 4:16:23 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

An hour is 1/24th of a day. Try

=R6*24*200

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Alan" <alancalan@excite.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> How can you multiply 58:41:00 times $200 per hour?
>
> I guess you have to change the 58:41 into an integer and decimal
> format but I don't know how to do that?
>
> Also, if you have a long list of times, what is the best way to check
> the addition of those times? Is there a quick way to add the minutes
> and the hours separately or turn it all to minutes and then divide by
> 60?

0
dguillett1 (2487)
12/4/2006 4:31:30 PM
And for your 2nd question; just add them. Excel takes care of decimals and minutes. Format as [h]:mm, to show hours over 24.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:e6$llG8FHHA.3464@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

| An hour is 1/24th of a day. Try
|
| =R6*24*200
|
| --
| Don Guillett
| SalesAid Software
| dguillett1@austin.rr.com
| "Alan" <alancalan@excite.com> wrote in message
| > Hi,
| >
| > How can you multiply 58:41:00 times $200 per hour?
| >
| > I guess you have to change the 58:41 into an integer and decimal
| > format but I don't know how to do that?
| >
| > Also, if you have a long list of times, what is the best way to check
| > the addition of those times? Is there a quick way to add the minutes
| > and the hours separately or turn it all to minutes and then divide by
| > 60?

0
nicolaus (2022)
12/4/2006 4:54:59 PM
To add the times for checking just sum the cells and format the total with
[hh]:mm (you need the square brackets.

Stu

"Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message

> An hour is 1/24th of a day. Try
>
> =R6*24*200
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> SalesAid Software
> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
> "Alan" <alancalan@excite.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> How can you multiply 58:41:00 times $200 per hour?
>>
>> I guess you have to change the 58:41 into an integer and decimal
>> format but I don't know how to do that?
>>
>> Also, if you have a long list of times, what is the best way to check
>> the addition of those times? Is there a quick way to add the minutes
>> and the hours separately or turn it all to minutes and then divide by
>> 60?

0
blank9523 (7)
12/4/2006 4:58:01 PM
Don,

I think you lost me.

I'm doing my time sheets in Excel so the columns are date, start time,
end time, time expended.  I add all the times expended down and I come
up with 58:41which is 58.6833333.  How do I turn the 58:41 into 58.68?

Alan

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 10:31:30 -0600, "Don Guillett"
<dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote:

>An hour is 1/24th of a day. Try
>
>=R6*24*200
0
alancalan (4)
12/4/2006 5:26:56 PM
As I said, multiply your sum by 24...... and then by 200

--
> Don,
>
> I think you lost me.
>
> I'm doing my time sheets in Excel so the columns are date, start time,
> end time, time expended.  I add all the times expended down and I come
> up with 58:41which is 58.6833333.  How do I turn the 58:41 into 58.68?
>
> Alan
>
> On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 10:31:30 -0600, "Don Guillett"
> <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote:
>

>>An hour is 1/24th of a day. Try
>>
>>=R6*24*200

0
dguillett1 (2487)
12/4/2006 5:33:00 PM
On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 10:31:30 -0600, "Don Guillett"
<dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote:

>An hour is 1/24th of a day. Try
>
>=R6*24*200

So, using your formula, working one hour at $200/hr, that would come
to   1*24*200 or $4800?

--
Zilbandy - Tucson, Arizona USA <zil@zilbandyREMOVETHIS.com>
Dead Suburban's Home Page: http://zilbandy.com/suburb/

As Don said, Excel stores times as fractions of a day, so
1:00 is represented by 0.0416666666666667 internally.

So 0.0416666666666667 x 24 x 200 = 200

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Zilbandy" <zil@zilbandyREMOVETHIS.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 10:31:30 -0600, "Don Guillett"
> <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>An hour is 1/24th of a day. Try
>>
>>=R6*24*200
>
> So, using your formula, working one hour at $200/hr, that would come
> to   1*24*200 or $4800?
>
> --
> Zilbandy - Tucson, Arizona USA <zil@zilbandyREMOVETHIS.com>
> Dead Suburban's Home Page: http://zilbandy.com/suburb/
> PGP Public Key: http://zilbandy.com/pgpkey.htm
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

0
roger5293 (1125)
12/4/2006 6:53:11 PM
1 would do that but 1: wouldn't

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Zilbandy" <zil@zilbandyREMOVETHIS.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 10:31:30 -0600, "Don Guillett"
> <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>An hour is 1/24th of a day. Try
>>
>>=R6*24*200
>
> So, using your formula, working one hour at $200/hr, that would come
> to   1*24*200 or $4800?
>
> --
> Zilbandy - Tucson, Arizona USA <zil@zilbandyREMOVETHIS.com>
> Dead Suburban's Home Page: http://zilbandy.com/suburb/
> PGP Public Key: http://zilbandy.com/pgpkey.htm
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

0
dguillett1 (2487)
12/4/2006 7:01:57 PM
On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 13:01:57 -0600, "Don Guillett"
<dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote:

>1 would do that but 1: wouldn't

Ok, gotcha. I was looking up something about "1900 date format" the
other day and ran into an article about how excel deals with date and
time formats. Now it all makes since... sort of. :)

--
Zilbandy - Tucson, Arizona USA <zil@zilbandyREMOVETHIS.com>
Dead Suburban's Home Page: http://zilbandy.com/suburb/
PGP Public Key: http://zilbandy.com/pgpkey.htm
zil1 (23)
12/4/2006 7:18:15 PM
not sure if it does it in excel prior 07, but you can use this
=(A1-INT(A1))*24 .... the int will convert from time to decimal.  or if you
entered time as text, then you'll have to use left() and right() and mod()
if "12:15" or trunc() and mod() if "12.15" to do the trick.

then converting minutes to deci by math would be minutes/60*100 is that
simple

aloha, orbii

"Alan" <alancalan@excite.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> How can you multiply 58:41:00 times $200 per hour?
>
> I guess you have to change the 58:41 into an integer and decimal
> format but I don't know how to do that?
>
> Also, if you have a long list of times, what is the best way to check
> the addition of those times? Is there a quick way to add the minutes
> and the hours separately or turn it all to minutes and then divide by
> 60?

0
orbii (38)

Chart in time phase
I need to develop a line chart which includes 2 columns of data. Say for instance the data looks as follows: 5 6 15 9 20 12 50 25 Columns with the 5 and the 6 are for March. Columns with the 15 and the 9 are for February. So as we go up, the month increases. When I make my graph, the 5 and the 6 are first plotted points, the 15 and the 9 are the second, etc. In other words, it is plotting March, February, January, instead of January, February, March. How can I make the chart plot in a logical time phased manner? That is, Jan, Feb, Mar, etc? Thanks. jzis Instead of plain text &qu...

Wrong time on incoming mail messages
Hi. I'm working in Outlook Express 6, and even though the clock on my computer is correct, the times listed for received messages is wrong. Any idea how to change this? Thanks. By How Much are they wrong! Do they have the correct date? -- Regards, Pat Garard Australia Anne & Pat Garard. apgarardATbigpondDOTnetDOTau _______________________________________________ Yes, the date is right, but they're off by about an hour. What I can't figure out is that I thought it went by my computer clock, which is right! Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >By How Much are t...

excel
I'm looking to set up a formula so that times in the source cell are rounded down to the nearest hour. eg Source Cell A1 is 10:50am....the formula in cell B1 rounds that down to 10am. Source Cell A2 is 10:55....the formula in cell B2 rounds that down to 10am. The info in column B is then collated in a Pivot table giving a per hour (10:00:00 thru 10:59:59) volume value. In this case 2. TIME(HOUR(A1),0,0) will give you 10am in cell B1, though I can't speak to your further operations with the pivot table. On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 23:47:11 -0700, "nick" <nick.morriso...

Report error Run Time error 2427
I have combo box where I have list of months and years. When I choose January 2009. It gives me a 2427 run time error. When I debug it takes me to: Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integr, FormatCount As Integer) If Me.somefield>0 Then Me.Detail.BackColor = 14408667 Else Me.Detail.BackColor = 16777215 If me.[anotherfield] = "Followup" Then Me.Label22.Visible = False End Sub However, when I choose any other month I get my report in view form. Can someone please explain and help me out?? Thank you. I would try: Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integr, F...

Addition of Buttons in Toolbar at run time
hi All, I am a newbie for Tool bars. I want to provide options to the user to add new Buttons(every thing, including Bitmap etc) in the tool bar while working on it. is there any way to do this?? "Ashish" <aashish83in@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1192617554.299345.145370@e9g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > I am a newbie for Tool bars. I want to provide options to the > user to add new Buttons(every thing, including Bitmap etc) in the tool > bar while working on it. is there any way to do this?? You may find the following CodeProject arti...

RPC over HTTP Outlook too long time
Hi, Here is the configuration: Exchange 2k3 (single server, configured as RPC-HTTP Back-end server) in a 2k3 AD environment where DC is GC. I configured RPC over HTTP according to an external article. It works (no SSL) but it takes quite long time to establish connection to the server for any job. What might be going on or where to debug? Thanks Yba On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 07:29:02 -0700, yba02 <yba02@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >Here is the configuration: >Exchange 2k3 (single server, configured as RPC-HTTP Back-end server) in a >2k3 AD environment where DC is G...

Hour multiply by a value
It's like this: in one cell I have the sum of some cells with a number of hours made b a worker in that week, something like: 42:36:00 And on another cell i've got the amount of �(euros) I pay by hour to worker. by example, 5. So what I want to do is: arrange a way to know how much i'm going t pay him at the end of the week. I've tried working with the HOUR and MINUTE commands. but with the HOU i will only go up to 23, so it doesn't work. Help.. -- Fixxxe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- FixxxeR's Profile: http://www.exce...

Overtime Calculation based on multiple hourly pay codes.
The system presently is just not designed to calculate overtime based on multiple hourly pay codes. If you enter 20 hours in one hourly paycode and 25 hours worked in another, these would all need to be entered for the same hourly pay code in order for 5 overtime hours to auto-calculate. The system should have the ability to check all the hourly paycodes for a given pay-period and then automatically calculate overtime if need be. Thanks Girish ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this s...

date and time stamp on command
Hi. I have the formula in which if I update a cell in a row, column A will time stamp the change. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Range("A" & Target.Row) = Now() End Sub However, I would like to have a time stamp in column A, whenever the same row (column B) is updated with a "Y". I am keeping a daily log and want to be able to control the date and time stamped by placing a Y in column B. I want to know what time a Y was placed on the row. In short terms, Y = date/time stamp, no Y, no date/time stamp. Example below: A ...

Work Hours missing
When I am in the Outlook client I cannot see Work hours when I open a user. But I can in the Web browser. I noticed that other users can see work hours in the client. I am an administrator so I know it cant be permissions. I also thought that deleting cookies would help but it did not. ...

recurring appointments showing incorrectly by 1 hour
I have performed all microsoft updates but since the time change Sunday, recurring appointments in the public folders are off by one hour in March but in April and on after the normal time change the appointments are at the correct time. Is there something by way of a patch or change that needs to be made with exchange? All single appointments are correct and email is showing the correct times it is just recurring appointments and in March only. Try running tzmove.exe for outlook on each public folder with the switch -onlyreoccuring and it should try and move the reoccuring meetin...

Print>Properties>Layout>Pages per sheet: this function/property .
In Excel, when I select multiple pages per sheet and the multiple pages are different sheets, then sometimes my hardcopies do have multiple shrunken sheets printed to one page. Othertimes excel and my printer seem to ignore my "multiple pages to one page" request. Why? I've been having the same problem. If you activate multiple sheets, then tell it to print multiple pages per sheet, Excel only prints the first page in the multiple sheet format (i.e., one small page in the upper left of the page.) The rest of the pages come out full size on separate sheets. Does any...

Entering current date+time as numeric value
Is there a simple way to enter the current date+time as a static numberic value? I know I can use ctrl+; and ctrl+:, but these return text, not numeric. The best I can come up with is to enter "=now()" in a cell, then copy it to itself and select "Values only" from copy drop down list. This works, but is tedious. Is there a one-key way (like ctrl+;) to accomplish the same thing? Which version of Excel are you using? My 2003 and 2007 versions do not enter a text value with the shortcut keys. After ctrl + ; to enter date, format to General and see a number. 40525 which ...

calculating time with IF statement
I have the following: A1 is formated as time = 7:30 AM A2 is formated as time = 6:00 PM A3 is formated as time and contains =sum(A2 - A1) and gives 10:30 That part I've got down. Now, I want to subtract 30 minutes so I added: A4 is formated as time and contains =sum(A3-30/1440) and gives 10:00 Worked, thanks to those that have posted these questions. Now the problem: I only want to subtract the 30 minutes if cell A3 is greater than 7:00 How do I write that IF statement? Thanks for the help, Mark You could have used: =a2-a1 =a3-30/1400 =sum() doesn't really add anything to...

Need a simple way to have only one mode per link with an option
I use items like the following to display links in an iFrame within my page. <asp:TreeNode NavigateUrl="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church" Target="LinksFrame" Text="Wikipedi Item on Church"></asp:TreeNode> I can envision situations where the iFrame might be too small and the user would like to display in another window. I'd like to have a check box to allow that option. On way I could implement is to have two statements for each link and use the check box to select the appropriate one. Is there a simple way to have only o...

Saving time-dependent results
Code: -------------------- Date Vehicles February 1, 2006 �119.85 February 2, 2006 February 3, 2006 February 4, 2006 February 5, 2006 February 6, 2006 February 7, 2006 -------------------- The cell with �119.85 is B5 and the formula is =IF(A5='Daily Sale'!$A$5,SUMIF('Daily Sale'!$D:$D,"Vehicles",'Daily Sale'!$H:$H),"") However, I don't know how to save these values when its the next day, as false values are replaced with null values. How could I make it save the current date's results, and keep th...

enter server time
i have a worksheet which contains 2 columns on entering "X" in a1, the current local system time is automaticall entered in a2 with the code If Target.Column = 2 Then Target.Offset(0, 1).Value = Now - Date i have shared the file on a network, and would now want a standard tim to be entered in a2.. i.e . i want the server time or my system tim (where the file is located) entered in a -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Admin Time handling and Reporting
I need to create a report displaying status of the Administrative Time for the managers to keep track of admin time already approved or pending. Administrative Time can be approved while Timesheet is in the future and waiting for approval. How can I separate these two (Timesheet and Admin Time Off) for the reporting purposes? What field in the database gets updated when manager approves Admin time request? And what is the Enterprise Resource Pool where this approved Time Off is reflected? How can I see it? laguna: As Dale states, you're asking developer questions but...

Summing decimal values to time
I have a column of decimal values, A1 = 6, A2 = 1.30, A3 = .30 How do I get the Total to sum with result of 8 hours and not 7.60? All have is much appreciated You would make your life a whole lot easier for yourself if you used XL times like 1:30 instead of decimal numbers. You can then just SUM() the times up as normal and it they are liable to sum to more then 24 hours, custom format the SUM() cell as [h]:mm if you already have the numbers entered and want to add them up as a one off then use: =INT(SUMPRODUCT(INT(A1:A200)+MOD(A1:A200,1)/0.6))+MOD(SUMPRODUCT(INT(A1:A200)+MOD(A1:A20...

adding times again
No luck so far ----- Think I just tried that?? And still 00:00 I'm formatting the cells to custom 00:00:00 then in the total box making sure that is the same format. Sigma on the total cell which then seems to want a range of cells put in. Click the top cell and highlight down to the lowest puts the range in. Enter and 0's. :-( ----------------- Just checking.. you format it to 00:00:00 I hope you actually mean Time or hh:mm:ss in the Custom option What do you see in the formula bar at the top when you click on one of = cells in your range? Re-format that to Time (13:30:55 op...

OLAP cubes with Time scale : only 6 months
Hi, I built several OLAP cubes views (Data analysis) with the dimension Time. I built the cube with a date range from 1st january to 31st December 2010. In some views I can display the values for the 12 months of the year. For some views, I can just display the first 6 months (2 quarters) while I selected all the 12 months. What could be the issue? Thanks Xiao: It would really help if you were a bit more specific when you post, such as naming the cubes you're working with and specifying the version of the software you're using, so I' have to guess a little t...

get rid of time format w/msec
i have data column with the following format- 04:01:59:22 which means hh:mm:ss:msms I want to get rid of msec. They dont allow to import this csv to access db. How to convert hh:mm:ss:msms to hh:mm:ss ???????????????????? THANK YOU!! Highlight the data column with the time format. Go to Format, Cell, Number, Custom, and select h:mm:ss. Go up to Type (just above your selection) and change the h to hh. HTH, "agenda9533" wrote: > i have data column with the following format- 04:01:59:22 > which means hh:mm:ss:msms > I want to get rid of msec. They dont allow...

How do I sum times to get a total hour value? If I add up to 24 h.
I am trying to create a timesheet that totals daily hours then totals those hours. When the sub totals raech 24 they displayed total shows as 0 instead of 24. Thus a 40 hour week shows as 16 (40 - 24) . Any help willl be appreciated.. Michael On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 19:29:02 -0800, "Mico" <Mico@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to create a timesheet that totals daily hours then totals those >hours. When the sub totals raech 24 they displayed total shows as 0 instead >of 24. Thus a 40 hour week shows as 16 (40 - 24) . Any help willl be >appreciated...

Time Sheet goes to terminated status
We are rolling out GP 10 with Business Portal on MOSS 2007. When a user submits the time sheet, it goes to "terminated" status instead of submitted to the supervisior for approval. Any idea how to fix this?? ...