Multiple monitors, Win2008 64 Bit, Excel 2007 SP2 MSO

I have multiple monitors. I want to have one excel with the ribbon and
all that on one monitor, and another excel with the ribbon and all
that on the monitor next to it.

This does not seem to be possible. Dragging the window to be larger
than one monitor is not intuitive and only works if the monitors are
set up to be "beside" each other - not cool if one monitor is actually
up on the wall and one is in front of me, since I have to hunt around
to make the window appear on the other monitor.

The "browse in same window" has been taken away from Vista/2008 server
because they took out the ability to edit which programs load which
files and the parameters. The soltion I googled at
http://brett.batie.com/dosshell/open-excel-in-two-windows-excel-2007-vista/
is not possible since I'm not allowed to modify program associations
by the computer policy settings on my network.

What is the go? How can I turn this critical feature back on?
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Excel startup with buttons
I was wondering if it is possible to have a blank screen displayed when a user opens up excel, and have them select a button to take them to a particular worksheet in the excel workbook. I have figured out how to use code in visual basic to create the buttons, but when I open the workbook, it displays the "button screen" overtop of whatever the last page was when the workbook was last used. I'd rather not have any of the worksheets visible behind the button choosing screen. Any suggestions? -- alanad ------------------------------------------------------------------------ a...

Excel document protection
I need to set up an Excel document that will serve as a template, where others can make changes and "Save As" another file name, but not change the original document. I'm using Excel 2003. Any suggestions on how to do that? Thanks! fxjennie, save the file as a template, file save as, save as type change to template, then when you open the file it will open a copy of the file, will this work? -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Us...

How to email from Excel?
I have an Excel worksheet with a list of email addresses. I want to use this list for a mass emailing using Outlook Express. Can I do it directly from Excel i.e Outlook Express will use this list in the To: field and I will manually add the Subject and the body of the message. Thanks, -- Nathan Gutman Hi Nathan Body is only possible when you use Sendkeys in OE See this page for a example http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/oebody.htm The last macro loop through a list of addresses You can also use CDO http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl &...

Macro Crashes Excel XP
I wrote a VBA Macro in Excel XP, ran it, everything was fine. Now when I open the spreadsheet, before the spreadsheet actually opens, Excel crashes. When Excel recovers the document, it removes the macro. What (if anything) can I do? If I could get my hands on the code, maybe I could change something around to prevent Excel crashing. Disabling the macro prior to the spreadsheet opening doesn't help Jeez! There's a fair bit of work (and data) in that macro and I'd like to at least recover the code. Thanks for any help you can give me. Perry. a few people have reported suc...

MOS Excel Expert 2003
Pls let me know where I can get free practice questions/answers for MOS Excel Expert 2003 exam from the web. I'm sure a search (Google, Yahoo!, MSN, etc.) will turn up some good sources. I used the books published by Microsoft and marked as "Learning Series" such as the Step-By-Step books to study up for all of the exams - scored better than 90% on all of them. If you have access to Skillsoft (Thompson NetG) on-line courses, they are also an excellent aid to making it through the tests. IIRC, the two Excel 2003 courses they offer damned near taught the test. JLatham MO...

match duplicate data in rows and columns in Excel 2003
I have a large spreadsheet with numerous columns & rows. In column C are patient ID#'s. In column AK are patient claim $ amounts. Some of these patients are listed twice or three times with different $ amounts. I copy'd this worksheet to a new tab and sorted by claims over $250k in column AK and deleted rows less than $250k. But I see that some of these same patients have smaller $ amounts that were missed in the 250k sort. I want to match patients on the two wkshts together- the patients with above $250k claims to the same patients with claims less than $250k,...

Windows 7 Dual Monitor #2 stopped working
Hello everyone I have a Dell E6500 Laptop with an NVidia Quatro 160M graphics card. The laptop is connected to an advanced docking station with an HP w22 and L1906 monitors plugged in. For the last 8 months of having the laptop I have had this setup working. Yesterday at 12:00 pm the L1906 monitor (display 2) stopped displaying. The only thing software related that has been installed was Windows Update KB978207 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows 7. I see this update in the Update History report, but I cannot find it in Programs to remove it. I...

Converting Word into Excel
Hi everyone:confused: ! I have a script in Word with the text, the stage directions and th characters who are talking. I need to put all this info into Exce without copying and pasting each section as it is very long and I nee to be able to do this in very little time. I need to have a column for the name of the character, another colum for the spoken text and third column with the stage directions. Does anyone know how I can to this without copying and pasting eac character's speech one by one? Thank you;) !!! Mo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could save your W...

Is there anything in excel 2003 like the flight simulator in excel
Nothing that is listed at www.eeggs.com HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "theoekiwi" <theoekiwi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:503DB514-6E2D-45C7-9080-76FE80E74D65@microsoft.com... > ...

Error opening an excel file with the same name as an existing file
Is there a microsoft known problem in relation to opening 2 files with the same name in excel? Can this be fixed with a patch or a setting? The error message is as follows: A document with the name <filename-here> is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders. To open the second document, either close the document that's currently open, or rename one of the documents. I am using Windows XP SP1 and Excel 2002 SP1. This is "a feature - not a bug". <<grin>> -----------------------------...

Opening files in Excel 2007
Since I installed Excel 2007, I no longer get file details when I use the "open file" command on the tool bar. Can I get the file details as an option, or do I have to use "Explore"? -- Milt In the File Open dialog on the top line far right is an icon marked "View". (I am looking at my PC which run XL2007 under Windows XP as the Vista machine is asleep) Click this to get a dropdown menu and select Details. Now you will see file size and date best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Mil...

Stoplights in Excel
Is it possible to format a cell with R-Y-G stoplights? I want to be able to type in a R,Y, or G and have a stoplight with that color displayed. I know I can format the entire cell to turn a certain color but I need the stoplight graphic or something. Thanks. If you have stoplight graphics, you could adapt the technique here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html In article <712C3D07-97CE-492C-AEE4-570C46A5A199@microsoft.com>, "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is it possible to format a cell with R-Y-G stoplights? I want to be...

Excel on the Web #2
I need to put an excel file out on the web. After saving it in the HTML format what would be my next step. Thanks Frank ...

Excel OLE in Word docs
I wasn't sure who would be better to answer this, so I have included both sides. In a Win XP/Office 03 Word doc, I am trying to embedded (NOT LINK) a range of Excel 03 data. It is a 3x38 range. It takes what seems an extra long period of time for the OLE object to get into the Word doc, but then, I can't edit it. No matter how much a double click on it, pause, save first - whatever, it doesn't respond for editing. Since I'm trying to make this into an interactive template for real estate closings - this is a problem. Can anyone offer some insight? I don't see anything on O...

excel problem #6
Is there a patch or upgrade that will allow my excel 97 program to open excel files produced from newer versions of excel? Or should my excel 97 be able to recognize files produced on newer versions of excel? There shouldn't be any problems, the file format is the same. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "vince.kindopp@huskyenergy.ca" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e74301c3f04b$ff744810$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a patch or upgrade that will allow my excel 97 > program to open excel files produced from newer versions > of excel? Or...

Pivot table and OLAP excel 2000
Hi! When I create a pivot table report from OLAP source and then filter some data I get totals including the hidden fields. How could I display the totals of only filterd fields and not all? I notices that this works in Excel 2003, but one of our clients is using excel 2000 and the only thing I got is to export it to web component and then there turn of the totals of all field. Tnx in advance ...

Copying Text from Access to Excel
When I paste text from Access to Excel, not all of the data displays in Excel. Is there a limit to the amount of characters or is there a formatting trick? I'd play around with different ways to copy.. There's a strange, and documented, behavior when copying from worksheet to worksheet... If you copy the entire worksheet (click the square to the left of col A) and try to paste it to another, any cell with more than 255 characters will be truncated. BUT there is no such limit on the cells themselves. If you write a macro to individually go to each cell you can copy the full t...

exchange 2007 front end
Hello all I have setup Exchange 2007 running with only the CAS role, and i also have a server with the mailbox, HUB rooles isntalled, andi have my exchange 2003 server running. Now if a user goes to webmail.mydomain.com/OWA and this users mailbox is on the 2003 server they get an error that says the server couldnt find the mailbox (webmail points to the CAS) if the same user goes to webmail.mydomain.com/exchange they can log in no problem. How can i set the CAS serevr up so users who have mailboxes on the 2003 server dont have to specify /Exchange and i assume I would need to do the s...

can't open any hyperlink in my outlook 2007 anymore!!!
Hi, I reset recently my Explorer navigator Version 8; don't recall I touch my outlook set up 2007. But every time now I'm trying to double click on any mail I receive who has a hyperlink i.e. www.tomtom.com . I have this message below who’s appearing... Can you please help me to reset or add check mark on boxes I may have accidently uncheck, thank you “This operation has been canceled due to restriction in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. “(I will assume it is talking about my computer administrator!!!) Many thanks -- Kermor Kermo...

Opening saved Excel files
When I open any saved Excel file the program will open a blank 'Book 1' and then open my pre-existing spreadsheet in a new window - how can I stop Excel opening a blank Book 1? I am using Office Pro 2003 and file share on my PC and wirelessly networked laptop - Excel opens files on both the PC where I save my docs and on the laptop in the same way. Ray If you are first opening Excel and then opening the desired workbook, creating Book1.xls is normal. If you're opening the workbook by using Windows Explorer and finding the .xls file and double-clicking to open it direct...

Excel chart wont do wot i need
I would like to create several seperate line graphs some values maybe 8 to 90 and others 70 to 80. My problem is i would like all the top line of the charts to be 100 so that they can be compared easly. But exce keeps changing them all, some times they are 100 and others are 88 an so on. Cant put all in the same graph because there are to many. I there any way of doing this. Thank Rich.. -- ExcelUser12 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ExcelUser123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3444 View this thread: http:...

Publisher 2003 multiple users
We have 2 computers that are networked and are able to share files. I am trying to find if I can have the same publisher file (in this case a news letter) open at the same time by both users. In other words, can 1 user be working on page 2 and the other on page 7 at the same time from different computers? Zane wrote: > We have 2 computers that are networked and are able to share files. I am > trying to find if I can have the same publisher file (in this case a news > letter) open at the same time by both users. In other words, can 1 user be > working on page 2 and the...

Multiple email accounts #4
I've upgraded from outlook 2000 to 2002. I have 2 different email accounts and use 2 different ISPs depending on where I am (work/home). I want to download mail into my inbox from both acounts using whichever ISP is best. In 2000 I set up 4 email accounts (1 for each ISP) and to choose which, I could simply click 'include this account when sending and receiving mail' button. This button no longer exists! Any suggestions? "Lesley" <ldusa@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:0bf001c3d5fe$792938e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I've upgraded from outlook 200...

Excel Chart Vertical Lines Corrupting?
Does anyone know why vertical lines plotted with a XY series on a line chart would become corrupted? If so, is there a fix or way to prevent this? I update 6 workbooks monthly and each has about 40 line charts. We added vertical lines to all of the charts 6 months ago using the technique in John Walkenbach's "Excel Charts" book. We adjust the vertical lines by changing the values in the A column of a single table each month: A | B ------------------------------------ | XY Series | | ------------------------------------ | | ...

multiple OAB Versions in System Manager?
I have the following OAB folders in my System Manager, and I'm wondering if any of them can be deleted. OAB Version 2 OAB Version 2 OAB Version 3a Offline Address Book - /o=Chelan County Courthouse Email/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List... Offline Address Book - CCSECURITY Exchange 2003 Penny Hello Penny, Don't delete any of them. They are used by different clients. for instance the OAB Version 2 is for older mapi clients and the OAB version 3 is a unicode format used by newer clients. Even if you deleted them they would most likely be re-created during ...