multiple fies updating one file

Hi,
How would I setup an excel sheet that needs to collect numbers from other
excel sheets. The rows and fields numbers will keep growing.
I know how to reference a cell in a file but not sure how you can quickly
create a reference to a range of cells and how about when the range keeps
growing.
Thank you
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Vic;

You can select and copy the range you want to link, then go to then go to
the receiving sheet and click the top right cell.  Click Edit / Paste
Special and select Paste Link.

This will link the entire range.

If you happen to be running Office 2007 you can right click into the
destination cell and select Paste Special.

I hope it help,

Greg

"Vic Abrahamian" <VicAbrahamian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> How would I setup an excel sheet that needs to collect numbers from other
> excel sheets. The rows and fields numbers will keep growing.
> I know how to reference a cell in a file but not sure how you can quickly
> create a reference to a range of cells and how about when the range keeps
> growing.
> Thank you

0
sonbelt (5)
3/4/2009 7:48:12 PM
I like to use a macro like this
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

Or use the add-in

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Vic Abrahamian" <VicAbrahamian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> How would I setup an excel sheet that needs to collect numbers from other
> excel sheets. The rows and fields numbers will keep growing.
> I know how to reference a cell in a file but not sure how you can quickly
> create a reference to a range of cells and how about when the range keeps
> growing.
> Thank you

0
rondebruin (3790)
3/4/2009 7:53:49 PM
Which add-in?

http://www.rondebruin.nl/merge.htm

--

> Which add-in?
>
> "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
>
>> I like to use a macro like this
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm
>>
>> Or use the add-in
>>

>> --
>>
>> Regards Ron de Bruin
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>>

>> "Vic Abrahamian" <VicAbrahamian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> > How would I setup an excel sheet that needs to collect numbers from other
>> > excel sheets. The rows and fields numbers will keep growing.
>> > I know how to reference a cell in a file but not sure how you can quickly
>> > create a reference to a range of cells and how about when the range keeps
>> > growing.
>> > Thank you

0
rondebruin (3790)