Multiple Cell Values, please help

Hi!

I have a problem and i would be very happy if someone could resolve it.
This is my question to you: a would like to have one table in one sheet
that has, let's say 20 columns and 80 rows. And now somewhere on the
sheet there is something like a autofilter function in which I choose
which date i want. And now i choose one date and this table is blank
and i write things in the table,now i choose some other date and again
i write things in this table and so on. So I want to have like
20,30,40... tables at the same spot in one sheet and just to pick one
date and the table has values for that date. So in fact my question to
you is how can one cell or meny cells have multiple values(which are
relted here with dates)? And at the end i would like to sum up all the
values that each cell contains, so cell B3(date 1.7.2005.)+B3(date
2.7.2005.)+....+B3(30.7.2005.)... Is there a way of doing that?
I would be very happy if you could answer my question!
Cheers,

Marko

0
marko19 (32)
8/3/2005 8:57:58 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Marko,

It could be done, but I really cannot believe that it is worth the effort
(lots of code managing it). Spreadsheets are designed to hold one piece of
information  per cell, and I would suggest you would be wise to re-design
your app to use it this way.

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"marko" <marko19@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I have a problem and i would be very happy if someone could resolve it.
> This is my question to you: a would like to have one table in one sheet
> that has, let's say 20 columns and 80 rows. And now somewhere on the
> sheet there is something like a autofilter function in which I choose
> which date i want. And now i choose one date and this table is blank
> and i write things in the table,now i choose some other date and again
> i write things in this table and so on. So I want to have like
> 20,30,40... tables at the same spot in one sheet and just to pick one
> date and the table has values for that date. So in fact my question to
> you is how can one cell or meny cells have multiple values(which are
> relted here with dates)? And at the end i would like to sum up all the
> values that each cell contains, so cell B3(date 1.7.2005.)+B3(date
> 2.7.2005.)+....+B3(30.7.2005.)... Is there a way of doing that?
> I would be very happy if you could answer my question!
> Cheers,
>
> Marko

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
8/3/2005 9:41:17 AM
Thanks. Then i'll just make lots of sheets,one for each date and that
is it.

Marko

0
marko19 (32)

search a matrix for values
OK, this is a bit of a tricky problem.... i have a 7*7 matrix in excel, which is full of numbers... i want to search in only half the matrix, where half is from cell1-1, to cell 7-1 (i.e. top left to bottom right). what i want to search is for numbers a certain value, say X. what i then want to do is tablulate these numbers in one column, and then tablue late their position as a reference to the matrix (i.e. their matrix position). how on earth can i do this? Phil I have assumed that the matrix is in A1:G7 In A10 I entered =INDEX($A$1:$H$7,ROW(A1),ROW(A1)) and copied down to A16 In...

change control source or value of text box
I have a report with GroupHeader0 and GroupHeader1. The data source of the report is a query. In the GroupHeader0 I have the Purchase Order Header info which includes the Purchase Order due date. In the GroupHeader1 I have the Purchase Order line info which includes the line due date. What I need is if the line due date is Null or blank to default to the PO header due date. How can I assign the header due date to the line due date. Can I change the control source of the text box in VB programming. -- MNJoe Put the following expression in the first blank field in your query: ...

Display Field Name as Text Listing if Value True from Checkbox Fields
Hi everyone! I have 40 or so columns in a table using the yes/no data type. Each record in the table represents an audit of a paper form. Those items filled incorrectly or incompletely on the paper form receive a check on an access form during the audit process. I would like to create a feedback form based on the audit record that displays a listing of fields that received the check boxes, or rather, were incomplete or incorrect on paper form that was audited. On the feedback form, I only want to display something like this: "Your form had the following errors: ErrorFieldOneName Erro...

Preserving Cell Formats in Excel Query
I am doing queries on a large workbook of multiple Excel spreadsheets. When I query the data, the original data formats don't carry through to the query results. Is there a way to carry original formatting through to Excel Query results Any insight would be appreciated Karen S No, you can import the data, but not the formats. If you're importing programmatically, you could apply the formatting as part of the import procedure. Karen S wrote: > I am doing queries on a large workbook of multiple Excel spreadsheets. When I query the data, the original data formats don't car...

Help with DLookup
I have a DLookup function on my form and it works by finding the information once I exit and then re-enter the form, it does not bring in the information as soon as I enter the information in the lookup field. =DLookUp("[Employee Name]","[Employee Information]","[Employee ID]=forms![Timesheet Entry]![Employee ID]") Does anybody know why it is not updating immediately? All help is greatly appreciated Where are you using this expression -- as the control source of a textbox? More details about the form's design and how you're using the form, please....

Format cells with dates
Is there a way to format cells so that dates would change when the lead date is changed. for example, when I input monday's date, tue, wed, thur, etc will follow suit. Pat, Assuming the first date is in A1 B1: =A1+1 C1: =B 1+1 etc. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Pat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:115681B0-348E-447E-BB1F-F8347CFDB19B@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to format cells so that dates would change when the lead date is...

how to trend a value every 5 minutes
I have a valve linked to excell and would like to chart it to a line graph every 5 minutes Andrew, 1) Format cell A1 to Time (13:30) in the menu. 2) Format cell B1 to Custom (hh:mm;@) in the menu. 3) In cell A2, type"=SUM(A1+$B$1) This will add the start time to whatever value you have in cell B2, right now you want 5 minutes. 4) Copy and Paste A2 down the column until you have enough data. 5) If you decide to change the interval, all you ahve to do is change the time interval in cell B2. "andrew" wrote: > I have a valve linked to excell and would like to ch...

Search Multiple Worksheets #2
Is there a way to search trough multiple worksheets for a specific value? Other posts have mentioned to use VBA, but I have never used that before. If anyone can give me some advice on using that or a type of formula to perform that can search multiple worksheets. Thank You There may be other ways but, while holding down the ctrl key select each of the worksheet tabs you want to search in then select Edit|Find from the menu. Type in the value you want and it will go to the first instance of that value. Now if you are wanting to preserve a specifice value for reference or ???, then...

Conditional Formating Help

Tricky Formula.. Please Help
I have created a time roster.. easy in each day I have start,end and break deduction.. still no probs I need to create an output formula for hours worked after a 16:00 from the start and end range on a day. So in the roster it will still display normal hours, however I will create a field for hours after 16:00. this is for calculating a different wage rate. Thanks Aaron See response in .programming -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Aaron H" <aaron@istarnetworks.com.au> wrote in message news:uU96kXI$EHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... ...

HELP- error Outlook
What's this mean and how to fix? in error dialogue box: "c:\program~1\micro~2 \office\outlook.exe" Abnormal program termination .. ...

help diagnosing what's going on in ExchangeServer2000
I'm fairly ignorant of exactly how ES2000 works and would like some general information to help in my diagnosing why some emails are not being delivered to certain email domains (more correctly, why some emails are not being forwarded actually...ES2K is part of a voicemail system where some users have ..wav copies of the voicemails forwarded to their various off-site email accounts) . Here are my questions: 1. How can I see what emails are being forward? Is there a file/folder akin to the SentItems folder in Outook? 2. If there are send failures, where can I find them and how can ...

Match formula to match values in multiple columns
Hi all, does any friend know that how can I make below formula work MATCH(A2,$K$2:$M$30,0) I am not sure I have understood correectly. Please go through the below example With data as below if you need to retrive the name of the 1st Rank holder from London. D2 = 1 D3 = London In D4 apply the below formula =INDEX($B$2:$B$9,MATCH(1,($A$2:$A$9=D2)*($C$2:$C$9=D3),0)) Please note that this is an array formula. You create array formulas in the same way that you create other formulas, except you press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to enter the formula. If successful in 'Formula Bar'...

How to goto cell containing specific date
Thought I asked this before, but can't find the thread w/ my question or any replies... I have a worksheet wih a full year's dates in the cells running down a colum, with other data for each date in the the adjacent columns; Instead of scrolling up & down to a cell with a specific date I'm looking for, is there another way to goto a cell containing a specific date? (e.g., today(), or another specific date) In case this is pertinent: the date series begins with the entry of one date (e.g., 01/01/2010 in cell A1), with the dates in subsequent rows arrived at ...

Noob Question For Selecting Multiple Fields On A Form
Hello... In versions earlier than 2007 I would be able to go to the Menu Bar and click Edit -> Select All to select all fields on the form. Now, my question is... where in 2007 did the put that functionality? If Microsoft removed it from there... where did they recreate it? Thanks! Squirrel "SQLSQUIRREL" <SQLSQUIRREL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:333547A1-9C6A-422B-9CD5-97D79D6037DF@microsoft.com... > Hello... > > In versions earlier than 2007 I would be able to go to the Menu Bar and > click Edit -> Select All to se...

Any idea why this is giving me a #Value! Error?
Function FrstLtrs(MyStr As String) As String Dim temp Dim i As Long TmpStr = Split(Trim(MyStr)) 'MsgBox "String" + TmpStr For i = 0 To UBound(TmpStr) If Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "OF") And Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "FOR") And Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "THE") And _ Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "AND") And Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "A") Then If Asc(Left(TmpStr(i), 1)) >= 65 And _ Asc(Left(TmpStr(i), 1)) <= 90 Then FrstLtrs = FrstLtrs & Left(TmpStr(i), 1) End If End If Next End Function Find the mo...

how to count if the value falls between a date range
example 1/1/2005 1/2/2005 = 2 2/1/2005 2/2/2005 = 2 I am trying to get the ount if the value is between 1/12005 and 1/3/2005 and similarly 2/1/2005 and 2/3/2005 =countif(a1:a10,">="&date(2005,1,1)) - countif(a1:a10,">"&date(2005,1,3)) (I'm not sure what between means--include the end dates or not???) joe wrote: > > example > 1/1/2005 > 1/2/2005 = 2 > 2/1/2005 > 2/2/2005 = 2 > > I am trying to get the ount if the value is between 1/12005 and 1/3/2005 and > similarly 2/1/2005 and 2/3/2005 -- Dave Peterson Dave, ...

Urgent Question Please Help: Credit Card Setup Problem
We have an urgent question regarding credit card setup/cash receipts/bank rec We understand that in Great Plains when setting up a Credit Card to be used by a Customer, it must be setup as a "Bank Card", not a "Charge Card", in order for the transaction to hit Bank Rec. However, we mistakenly setup all the Credit Cards as "Charge Cards", therefore after posting Credit Card Cash Receipt transactions in Receivables, the transaction does not appear in Bank Rec for us to perform Bank Deposits. Please Please Help!!! Is there any way to "fix" those pos...

How do I turn the pivot chart into a list with all cells filled?
I have the pivot chart and would like to copy and paste it so that all fields are filled Select the pivot table. Choose Edit>Copy Select the cell where you'd like to paste the copy Choose Edit>Paste Special Select Values, click OK There are instructions here for filling the blanks: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html gianna wrote: > I have the pivot chart and would like to copy and paste it so that all fields > are filled -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Different background color depending on x-axis value
Hi! Is there any way to have the background in a chart have differen colors depending on x-axis values? Like x-axis value 1-10 => blue background x-axis value 10-20 => red background Thank -- RealRave ----------------------------------------------------------------------- RealRaven's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3705 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56778 Here are a few of the ways you can get custom background fills for your charts" http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartIndex.html#Backgro...

How do you copy a cell's content verses it's formula?
I have 2 cells and combined them into a third cell with the following formula... =a1&" "&b1. I was combining a person's first name (cell 1) with a person's second name (cell 2) so cell 3 included the first and second name. Now I want to copy and paste cell 3, but it copies the formula... I need to paste in the content (first and second name) not the formula. Hi Tammy, You could use a macro see JOIN macro on it's page http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm not what you actually asked because if would change column A with the concatenated const...

Multiple AND OR functions
Is it possible to make this function work? =IF(AND(AND($B9="Z",AE9=35),OR(J9=1,J9="M",J9="C")),1000,IF(AND(AND($B9="A+",AE9=35),OR(J9=1,J9="M",J9="C")),750)) I need to find out if Cell B9 = Z and if Cell AE9 = 35, if this true then check cell J9 and check if it equals 1, M or C then return the value as 1000. (that bit works OK) I also want it to check if an alternative statement is true if the first is false whereby it checks the the same set of cells but this time, check if B9 =A+, if Cell AE9 = 35, if this true then...

Offline Address Book, Multiple Administrative Groups
Hello, We recently deployed an additional Exchange server in our organization and placed it into its own administrative group, now users on the new server are getting 8004010F errors in Outlook when attempting to download the offline addresss book. The users who are on the original server do not receive these errrors when downloading the address book. If anyone can provide some assitance it would be greatly appreciated. It's look like this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;162703 "jballin" <jballin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Conditional Cell Fill?
Hello, Is there a way to use fill colors based on formulas? Thanks, Rusty Look at conditional formatting in help -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Rusty Williamson" <rusty@uno.sd.znet.com> wrote in message news:RUGlb.45764$Z86.33887@twister.socal.rr.com... > Hello, > > Is there a way to use fill colors based on formulas? > > Thanks, > Rusty > > ...

help with unusual request
Hello everyone, My boss has hit me with an odd request and I would like to ask for someone to point me in the right direction. What he wants is everytime anyone sends or recieves an email that a copy is made that he can get to anytime he wants. I talked to him about our daily backups, but he wants something that's realtime and that he can get to whenever he wants. I'm stuck and looking for ideas. We're currently on Exchange 5.5 with all of the latest service packs and patches. Any and all help is very much appreciated. You can enable "message journaling" fea...