MsgBox #2

I have been search the web for hours looking for example spreadsheets using
MsgBox to no avail.
Can someone direct me in the right direction?

0
ed.davis1 (55)
6/17/2009 5:22:08 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

What I am looking to do is ask a question and if the answer is "yes" do 1
thing and if "no" do something else.

"Ed Davis" <ed.davis1@verizon.net> wrote in message
>I have been search the web for hours looking for example spreadsheets using
>MsgBox to no avail.
> Can someone direct me in the right direction?

0
ed.davis1 (55)
6/17/2009 5:56:15 PM
Hi

Look at this:

Sub test()
Answer = MsgBox("Do you want to continue ?", vbYesNo + vbQuestion, "Best
regards, Per Jessen")

If Answer = vbYes Then
    'user clicked yes
Else
    'user clicked no
End If
End Sub

Regards,
Per

"Ed Davis" <ed.davis1@verizon.net> skrev i meddelelsen
> What I am looking to do is ask a question and if the answer is "yes" do 1
> thing and if "no" do something else.
>

> "Ed Davis" <ed.davis1@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>I have been search the web for hours looking for example spreadsheets
>>using MsgBox to no avail.
>> Can someone direct me in the right direction?

0
per.jessen (135)
6/17/2009 6:16:07 PM
Too bad you did not search VBA help for 30 seconds.

Would have saved many hours.

The example shown in help is very similar to what Per posted for you.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 13:22:08 -0400, "Ed Davis" <ed.davis1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>I have been search the web for hours looking for example spreadsheets using
>MsgBox to no avail.
>Can someone direct me in the right direction?

0
Gord
6/17/2009 6:29:26 PM
Ed Davis  -

See the Example in the VBA Help for MsgBox. The example applies directly to
your situation.

-  Mike

http://www.MikeMiddleton.com

"Ed Davis" <ed.davis1@verizon.net> wrote in message
> What I am looking to do is ask a question and if the answer is "yes" do 1
> thing and if "no" do something else.
>

> "Ed Davis" <ed.davis1@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>I have been search the web for hours looking for example spreadsheets
>>using MsgBox to no avail.
>> Can someone direct me in the right direction?

0
Mike9595 (20)
6/17/2009 6:34:54 PM
Thank You Very much That worked great.

"Per Jessen" <per.jessen@mail.dk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Look at this:
>
> Sub test()
> Answer = MsgBox("Do you want to continue ?", vbYesNo + vbQuestion, "Best
> regards, Per Jessen")
>
> If Answer = vbYes Then
>    'user clicked yes
> Else
>    'user clicked no
> End If
> End Sub
>
> Regards,
> Per
>
> "Ed Davis" <ed.davis1@verizon.net> skrev i meddelelsen
>> What I am looking to do is ask a question and if the answer is "yes" do 1
>> thing and if "no" do something else.
>>

>> "Ed Davis" <ed.davis1@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>>I have been search the web for hours looking for example spreadsheets
>>>using MsgBox to no avail.
>>> Can someone direct me in the right direction?

0
ed.davis1 (55)

Create address list based on the Group Membership of user
Hello ! In exchange 2003 was posiible to create an address list based on the Group Membership of user as article ID 321723 in KB Microsoft describes. We are trying to do the same on Exch 2007. How can we do this using Opath syntax ? What exactely is the command for the dynamic custom filtering? Thank you very much Paolo & Corrado memberOf Attribute can now be used in OPATH filters! http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2007/02/memberof-attribute-can-now-be-used-in.html -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ------------------------------...

Permanent cc recipient #2
Do you have to navigate over to this form every time? I am having a hard time getting the inbox to just accept this form without me having to go find it. ...

Barcode on receipt #2
I cant seem to scan the barcode on the receipt when im trying to look up a transaction. I've alerady set the transaction number to 100. Is there something im missing? Thanks is you scanner programmed to scan that type of barcode? "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDC9D352-2768-4D38-B4F5-6898CFFF3782@microsoft.com... >I cant seem to scan the barcode on the receipt when im trying to look up a > transaction. I've alerady set the transaction number to 100. Is there > something im missing? Thanks Hmm. Im not sure. Its able to sc...

Adding a value using external formula #2
Basically I want a formula to just add the value of one cell and plac it in another. This will then be added to whatever value is already i the cell that you are adding data into. I completely understand that this might seem pointless, but there ar literally hundreds of cases where I'd have to change formulas. Firstl I'm really not willing to do this, but also as this is for a shedulin system there will be a new worksheet each week. If I can use this sor of thing to use a reference from just one sheet and add it to eac sheet as it goes, instead of adding the same data every single ti...

2 Data Validation.. but with a List
Another slightly different Data Validation than my previous post I have a Drop Down List within DV (from RN "Cost_Types), but I only want to be able to select from the list if E10 has a value within it. Have put the following within Custom, but then I don't get the "Drop Down Choice" - =AND(INDIRECT("E10")<>"",Cost_Types). Also tried it within List but get List must be delimitted error. What have a incorrect? Thanks You might be able to do something with this formula in the List type =OFFSET(Cost_Types,0,0,(COUNT(Cost_Types)-1)*($E$10<...

Problems receiving large emails (@1-2 MB)
Having problems receiving large email files, such as 2 MB photo attachments. File downloads into Windows Live Mail, and I can view it, but server Fuse.net doesn't recognize task as complete. Therefore, Fuse.net resends the message to me every time my computer checks for new messages. This causes a bottleneck and I receive many different messages many times. Can have 300 messages (really only 25) in a 12 hour span. Here is the message I receive: Unable to send or receive messages for the spier@fuse.net account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible ...

CRM 1.2 & SQL Reporting Services
Hello, We have CRM 1.2 installed on our SQL Server in the default website. This seemed like a good idea at the time, however, now I need to get SQL Reporting Services installed. Since RS needs to go on the SQL Server (licensing) and doesn't allow you to pick a website (always installs into the default website), I need to get the two to live together in the same website or else reinstall my CRM. I've tried installing RS into a CRM website in a test environment but RS didn't work. I'm of the impression that one can get them to work by editing the Web.config files, but...

Form fields #2
Excel 2007 I have an Excel document that I like to keep for accounts, usernames, passwords, etc. For some time everything worked fine. Recently more secure passwords are required, using letters, numbers and special characters. Excel doesn't like this and wants to forumlate my column, consequently I can't change the password. I've tried selecting all the cells/rows ... and then format as 'general' ... nothing seems to help. Your help will be appreciated. LinK I'm not sure what the special characters are, but try pre-formatting the range as Text first. Or st...

Follow Up Flag #2
When I set a follow up flag in Outlook 2000 it inserts a default time of 18:00. Is there a way to alter this default or do I have to change the time manually for every flag I set? ...

Does RMS 2.0 require .NET for .DLL and custom App.?
Does RMS 2.0 require .NET for .DLL and custom App./ Jason Yes You can Code with .net for RMS custom applications Regards Ganesh "Jasoncleme" wrote: > Does RMS 2.0 require .NET for .DLL and custom App./ > Jason But RMS earlier verison you could use Visual Studio 6. From Customization Guide: "Future versions of Microsoft Retail Management System will be in .NET. You can create add-ins for the current version either by writing in Visual Studio 6 or by writing in .NET with a COM wrapper. If you write in Visual Studio 6, you will need to port the add-ins to .NET for futu...

Loop #2
Hi, I need a code that can pick up a date from one cell (B1)and drop it into the first empty cell under a list of dates in Column H Many thanks in advance iFreeRow = Cells(Rows.Count,"H").End(xlUp).Row + 1 Cells(iFreeRow,"H").Value = Range("B1").Text -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "JohnUK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:104301c518eb$87b367b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, I need a code that can pick up a date from one cell > (B1)and drop it into the first empty ce...

Selecting the greater (or lesser) of 2 values
I am looking for a formula that will compare 2 values and select th greater (or, in some cases, the lesser) of the 2 values...I have use things like =If(a1>d1,a1,d1) etc etc but wonder if there is somethin that is a bit more flexible...??.....any suggestions, anyone -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try Min() and Max() =MIN(A1,B1) for the smaller =MAX(A1,B1) for the bigger Also: =MIN(A1:A5,B1:B5) -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== ...

data entry and saves it to sheet 2 #2
Basically I need a simpler data entry with submit button and saves it on the sheet 2. I have 2 sheets: 1st sheet would be entry fields that I would enter data on, such as: Account Number, Company Name, Product, etc. after entering those fields I would just hit 'submit' or 'enter' then it says on Sheet 2. I really would like to impress my boss... so your help is much appreciated. :) thanks This would require VBA, but the actual code depends greatly on the layout of your data. If you wish, send me direct via email a small file that clearly shows the layout of sheet 2 (colum...

unable to close outlook #2
Hi few mail ids in my Exchange enterprise edition of 2000 giving me a problem. On the client side, when everI close the outlook it closes all things related to outlook but the message remains outlook is closing and I have to force / kill the process by using Task manager. but in the same pc when I changed a different profile it is working fine so the problem of outlook software is ruled out. Also when I try the problem mail id in different pc where the outlook is working fine it remains same. so let me know any thing else which causing this problem. what is the solution for that....

2 Exchange 2003R2 over VPN
I currently have one Exchange 5.5 SP4 server located stateside with a remote office in Hungary that connects via VPN to the Exchange server. Pretty simple with one GAL, message store and one domain. Current total users is <50 with 2 users currently in HU but more coming. Due to time shift (6 hours ahead and no nighttime support) issues and VPN reliability, management has decided it would be good to have a file/Exchange server in Hungary. I want to be able to stay with one domain (companyname.com) and keep the same message store and GAL, if possible. Management has given the go-ahead to ...

forwarding emails #2
I need to up forwarding on outlook 2003/exchange 2003 on an email account so whenever an email is receive or sent from this account a copy goes to another email address? I can figure out the incoming rule but not a sent items rule - there is only one which is a cc to but I do not need this it needs to be a hidden forward. any help? gospvg <usenetkhan@gmail.com> wrote: > I need to up forwarding on outlook 2003/exchange 2003 on an email > account so whenever an email is receive or sent from this account a > copy goes to another email address? > > I can figure out ...

2 site/1 e-mail domain
Ok here is the setup at the moment 2 sites - different locations no direct link domain1.local (2003 server) using company.co.uk domain2.local (2003 server) using company.co.uk domain1 collects the e-mail from an external source and uses mailgate to sort mail (users pop in) domain1 has an account for domain2 with alias users that are at domain2 domain2 then uses the same mailgate program to collect from domain1 and users at domain2 pop to that. both sites are moving to exchange but both use the same company.co.uk for e-mail is there a way to setup domain1 to recieve mail but also have doma...

Windows 2003 Service Pack 2
Does any one have installed Windows 2003 Service Pack 2 ,Any problem occur ?Have affect to Exchange 2003 and BlackBerry Server ? Best Regards Running on a few boxes, including clusters. No issues so far. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "snakesboy" <snakesboys@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1174615814.123059.254110@p15g2000hsd.googlegroups.com... > Does any one have installed Windows 2003 Service Pack 2 ,Any problem > occur ?Have affect to Exchange 2003 and Bl...

WSS 2.0 vs. MOSS 2007
Does anyone know of a good comparison document or chart that illustrates the differences between WSS 2.0 and MOSS 2007? -- Thanks, Brad ------=_NextPart_0001_0F697D9C Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Here you go, http://dotnetaddict.dotnetdevelopersjournal.com/moss_vs_wss.htm http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms561082.aspx http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms561082.aspx http://blogs.msdn.com/markarend/archive/2006/12/08/web-part-comparison-sps-2 003-wss-v2-moss-2007-wss-v3.aspx ------=_NextPart_0001_0F697D9C Content-Type: text/x-...

EXCEL WORKSHEETS #2
We are working with long datasheets (longer than 65,000 rows) and I would like to know how you can make a sheet longer than 65,000 rows. We will need appr. 85,000 rows. The data will be then used for pivot Tables. Thank you Yiannis Yiannis, Excel has a row limit of 65,536 - no way around this. You can store your data in an Access database and still use it as the source for a pivot table. ....or, split the table across two worksheets and use the Multiple Consolidation Ranges option on the first step of the pivot table wizard. Cheers, Dave >-----Original Message----- >We are ...

Moving mailboxes from 5.5 to 2003 #2
Migrating from Exchange 5.5/NT4 to Exchange 2003/Server 2003 I'm getting ready to start moving mailboxes to our new 2003 server, but I've come across a slight problem. When I move a mailbox, the user is able to connect just fine and send to other recipients on the 5.5 server. However, the users that are still on the 5.5 box cannot send to the user who just had their mailbox moved to the 2003 server. Now, here's the twist. If I create a new user on the 2003 server, I can send messages from one server to the other with no problem. Has anyone had this problem before? TIA ...

automation #2
Here is what I want to do. I want to make a folder in Outlook into which I will place several e-mails a week. Once a week I would like for Outlook to automatically (scheduled, no input from me) forward those e-mails to a single named recipient. Can this be done? ...

DS_E_DIT_ERROR #2
Hi I've got a problem on my Exchange 5.5 server that one of my distribution groups is not operational. I can not use it to send any messages to or delete it. When I want to open it in MS Exchange Administrator it give me the following error: An internal process error has occurred: Directory information tree error. Try restarting the administrator program or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer, or both Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no: DS_E_DIT_ERRO I've already tried both, but it still gives me the same error Are there a fix for this?? This probably means that some of your y...

Paste Special #2
Hello All, Can anyone tell me if there is any difference with the right-click Paste Special on Excel 97 and Excel 2000 or XP? I have 2000 and XP. I don't used 97 any more so thats why I asked. I need to know what 97 has. I need to make sure a User can paste a whole sheet results but not the formulas in 97. One other question: Is there a name for the square to the left of Column A and above Row 1? Its the one when you click on it, it displays in the name box '65536R x 256C'. I want the User to click on that to select the whole sheet and paste special/ values only to save results to ...

White Space #2
When I check 1221 in the event viewer I get approx 2000 mb each night. When it gives me that total for the private information store is that the total that was claimed for that day or is it a cumulative total. If it is for that day do I need to go back and add up all the totals for an approximation of white space in my db ex2k3? Hi, It is the total size of the available space inside the database. Leif "Mark" <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:efCGkGH%23GHA.4800@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > When I check 1221 in the event viewer I get approx 2000 mb each ...