MS Query instead of "Edit OLE DB Query"

Hello all,

I am having a problem with editing some existing queries within Excel
2003 workbooks.  When clicking on the "Edit Query" button from the
External Data toolbar, I now get the "Edit OLE DB Query" dialog box,
instead of MS Query, which was the interface that I previously would
get.  Is there a way to switch this back?

I have been using Office 2003 on Windows XP Pro SP2.  I recently had
Microsoft Update upgrade my version of Office 2003 from SP2 to SP3.
The problems appear to have started after that.

I can still create new queries in Excel using MS Query, which is
good.  I would really like to be able to edit all of the previously
existing ones in MS Query, also.

Are there any registry, ODBC, OLE, etc. settings that I can modify to
change this?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

Casey.
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow