MS Query error Could not add the table

I get the error "Could not add the table
'\\lth01pc354\c$\Logs\History\TEST.CSV)' when running this subquery on an
external data source:

SELECT BEMIS_BAGGER_RATE AS 'RATE', (SELECT Avg(Val(BEMIS_BAGGER_RATE)) FROM
\\lth01pc354\c$\Logs\History\TEST.CSV) AS 'AVERAGE'
FROM \\lth01pc354\c$\Logs\History\TEST.CSV

What am I doing wrong?
0
KHanna (9)
4/26/2006 4:41:02 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

KHanna wrote:
> I get the error "Could not add the table
> '\\lth01pc354\c$\Logs\History\TEST.CSV)' when running this subquery on an
> external data source:
>
> SELECT BEMIS_BAGGER_RATE AS 'RATE', (SELECT Avg(Val(BEMIS_BAGGER_RATE)) FROM
> \\lth01pc354\c$\Logs\History\TEST.CSV) AS 'AVERAGE'
> FROM \\lth01pc354\c$\Logs\History\TEST.CSV
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Do you have all the appropriate permissions and write capabilities?

Is the URL correct?

I can't debug your sql for you. It's been a while.

Can you do *any* sql through this link? Say you do the simplest
possible
select you can construct. Say, something like so. (Or whatever simple
select should work.)

SELECT BEMIS_BAGGER_RATE
FROM \\lth01pc354\c$\Logs\History\TEST.CSV

Does that work?

That is, do the standard thing when something is broken. Try to do
something as simple as you can and thus clear away complexity
to uncover the source of the problem.
Socks

0
puppet_sock (108)
4/26/2006 5:33:23 PM
The query works until I add the subquery portion.

"Puppet_Sock" wrote:

> KHanna wrote:
> > I get the error "Could not add the table
> > '\\lth01pc354\c$\Logs\History\TEST.CSV)' when running this subquery on an
> > external data source:
> >
> > SELECT BEMIS_BAGGER_RATE AS 'RATE', (SELECT Avg(Val(BEMIS_BAGGER_RATE)) FROM
> > \\lth01pc354\c$\Logs\History\TEST.CSV) AS 'AVERAGE'
> > FROM \\lth01pc354\c$\Logs\History\TEST.CSV
> >
> > What am I doing wrong?
>
> Do you have all the appropriate permissions and write capabilities?
>
> Is the URL correct?
>
> I can't debug your sql for you. It's been a while.
>
> Can you do *any* sql through this link? Say you do the simplest
> possible
> select you can construct. Say, something like so. (Or whatever simple
> select should work.)
>
> SELECT BEMIS_BAGGER_RATE
> FROM \\lth01pc354\c$\Logs\History\TEST.CSV
>
> Does that work?
>
> That is, do the standard thing when something is broken. Try to do
> something as simple as you can and thus clear away complexity
> to uncover the source of the problem.
> Socks

0
KHanna (9)
4/26/2006 5:41:02 PM
I finally got it to work using:
SELECT Bemis.`$Date`, Bemis.`$Time`, Bemis.BEMIS_BAGGER_RATE,
Avg(Int(TEST.BEMIS_BAGGER_RATE))
FROM `\\lth01pc354\c$\Logs\History`\TEST.CSV Bemis,
`\\lth01pc354\c$\Logs\History`\TEST.CSV TEST
GROUP BY Bemis.`$Date`, Bemis.`$Time`, Bemis.BEMIS_BAGGER_RATE

Thanks for the effort.

"KHanna" wrote:

> I get the error "Could not add the table
> '\\lth01pc354\c$\Logs\History\TEST.CSV)' when running this subquery on an
> external data source:
>
> SELECT BEMIS_BAGGER_RATE AS 'RATE', (SELECT Avg(Val(BEMIS_BAGGER_RATE)) FROM
> \\lth01pc354\c$\Logs\History\TEST.CSV) AS 'AVERAGE'
> FROM \\lth01pc354\c$\Logs\History\TEST.CSV
>
> What am I doing wrong?
0
KHanna (9)

Make a pivot table from an existing pivot table
I'm trying to make a completely new pivot table out of an existing pivot table where the existing table is actually the source data (not the original data table). The problem I have is that this intermediate pivot table has 3 columns of unique values (with over 1000 rows) before we get to the data. I can't just copy it and make a pivot table, or create a mirror sheet that isn't a pivot table because of the blank cells underneath each change in value. I have this: Source Name Attempts Data Mail Joe 1 654 2 700 ...

Access97 on XP
Using a db built in in Access97 with Outlook Express was fine until we moved from Windows2k to XP. Now a simple DoCmd.Send.object on a control form return Error 2287. All I want is for the headers on the email be filled by Email,- compose the object field showing some particulars filed on the record and a simple Hello whoever in the body. This has been working fine for years but now nada. There seems to be lot of exchange on the subject but I have not found one defnitive (and easy) answer Can any1 help Merci ...

PDF Table to Excel Spreadsheet
This has been asked in numerous places all over the web but I have not found a workable solution. We have a mainframe system that generates PDF reports for billing. However, few people in our organization these days speak mainframe. We need Excel to do calculations on the data. I began working on a method for converting using UEdit Macros and an Excel macro because the fields are fixed-width. My attempts have been unsuccessful. Here is what I want to accomplish: -Copy a region of text from a PDF -Paste into Excel -Break the values out into the appropriate cells. http://www.google.com/sea...

MS Money 2006 & IE7 error
Since installing IE7 b1, when I close Money 2006, it closes down but then does the dialog that an error occurred. And no matter if choose to send or not send, it reopens Money again. Luckily if you close from the logon screen, it doesn't do this cycle again. Hopefully the Money team knows about this issue. Known IE7 error. That's why you are beta testing - to find out what applications IE7 scr*ws. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.micros...

Best way to design tables for cascading on my form
My company inspects damaged cars for insurance purposes. Up to now, (relating to this issue) I've had tblDamageArea populate a list box on my form where the user can select the various parts of the car that were damaged. I've had this list include parts for multiple kinds of cars and I'd like to make this list cascade to include only those parts relevant to the car type inspected. I've created a tblVehType to separate Sedan, Coupe, 4DoorTruck, SUV, etc. which populates a cbo on my form where the user will select the type which will then be used as the crite...

Missing something basic
Working with Access 2003. I have a table of users, their phone numbers, and job classes called tblUsers. A query extracts that information into qryUsers. I have a form that uses the query as the record source called frmUsers. The form only contains a single combobox so someone can select the user for which they wish to view data in other forms. It works fine for the first user on the list in the combobox. Selecting any other user in the combobox causes the first record in the table to change to that user's name. For example: The table and the query both contain: Timmy Bobby ...

Error message in Outlook Express
My question is regarding Outlook Express (I couldn't find a separate newsgroup for it hence posting it in the Outlook newsgroup). Every time I open Outlook Express I get an error message that says "Msnmsgr has caused an error in <unkwown>. Msnmsgr will now close. If you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer." I have disabled "Automatically log on to Windows Messenger" feature in the Tools-Options-General tab. What else can I do to get rid of this error message everytime I open Outlook Express? Thanks for your time. Here is the l...

COM Add-Ins stopped working
Hi, yesterday at some point I closed Outlook and was surprised to find it hadn't checked for mail in a long time. As a result I got about 20 spam messages in my inbox and right after that Outlook closed. It wasn't long after that that I restarted Outlook, hoping SpamBayes would get to work and start cleaning the mess up. It didn't. Just a bunch of new spam and absolutely no automatic functionality whatsoever from SpamBayes. I tried to open the spambayes menu, I tried clicking its buttons, but none of them would react. I even re-installed SpamBayes to no avail. Then I went to check...

during install, E2007, Error Code is 1603 (exchangeserver.msi) failed
Installing E2007 on a server to migrate from E2003, the BPA shows no issues, we get no warnings in the setup, but, when it starts to COPY FILES we get the following: Installing product C:\Exchange 2007\exchangeserver.msi failed. Fatal error during installation. Error code is 1603. Last error reported by the MSI package is 'Module D:\Exchange\Bin\ExSMime.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147010895. Contact your support personnel.'. I've copied the media to the C drive (we're installing E2007 on the "D" drive array, and run it from C or the CD/DVD, b...

Excel VB Code Error
I am trying to create a .csv file from an Excel workbook using a VB module and am wondering if someone can tell me what's wrong with the below code: Public Sub CSV2() Application.DisplayAlerts = False Sheets.Add ActiveSheet.Name = "Temp_10001" For Each ws In Worksheets If ws.Name <> "Temp_10001" Then ws.UsedRange.Copy Sheets("Temp_10001").Range("A1").Activate x = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count If x > 1 Then ActiveCell.Offset(x, 0).Select ActiveCell.PasteSpec...

Server Error: 0x80191002
Hi. What does this error message mean? Server Error: 0x80191002 Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80191002 I'm on XPsp3 and using Live Mail Desktop 14.0.8089.0726. I haven't been able to synch my account from the desktop client since yesterday morning. The web interface is working fine, but that's not very convenient for me. Graeme Several sites suggest deleting the account and recreate it as an attempt to correct this issue. However, there are also many which state you must contact...

Summing cells in pivot tables
I have a problem summing cells in a pivot table. When I double-click on a cell that I want to add, the formula from that cell gets added. Eventually I run out of characters. Is there a way to switch how the cell gets picked up. I can manually enter the cell addresses that I am trying to sum but that takes forever. Thanks, Ted There are instructions here for adding the Generate GetPivotData button to a toolbar, and toggling the feature on and off: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html Ted wrote: > I have a problem summing cells in a pivot table. When I double-cli...

OWA SSL setup 404 page not found error
I've followed all the necessary steps (I think) to setup our webserver (iis) for SSL and OWA, but when browse to the site with the https:// address, it returns a 404 page not found error. I have the certificate installed and set the default website and the exchange virtual directory to use SSL. I also set the port number for SSL on the default site to be 443. The site prompts for the certificate install when browsing to it, but after accepting the certificate install in the browser, it brings back the file not found page. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Windows 2K S...

Forms and Reports from CrossTab queries
Hi All, I have read a few postings in this area, but they all seem to be very specific to particular situations. Can someone please guide me towards the best solution to my dilema? I have a form with two list boxes which contain many variables (answers to specific questions from a survey). When two different questions are slected I run a cross tab query resulting in a dymanic result of rows and columns based on the selections. I now want to display the result as a datasheet on my form and in a similar fashion as a report. Any help is, of course, greatly appreciated. Regards, John D...

MS Money 2002 (UK)
I would like to report on my investment portfolio by sector and geographical asset classes. If I hold investments in a UK smaller companies fund, a Global resource fund and US gilt bonds, I want to report on these assets based on their geographical locus (eg UK vs US vs global) or the sector into which they are invested. Is this possible in MS Money 2002? Asset class seems to be limited to a few pre-selected options and is only available for shares not managed funds and other investment types. The report by investment type is not good enough - needs further analysis for even small...

Publishing error 02-04-05
Can login to CRM application without any issues, can login create Account, contacts no problem. We added custom fields using CRM deployment manager without any issues. Then we try and publish from Deployment manager. The step where you Click Add to select your CRM server, nothing happens and software hang.... If anyone else has a fix for this issue please help CRM is usinning on SBS 2003 box Regards, Kyaw any errors in the event logs? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Kyaw" <no@spam.net> wrote in message news:umRjtAmCFHA.3732@TK2MS...

Manufacturing BOM Where Used query
Winthin manufacturing there is a where-used inquiry window that will show all BOMs that a given item appears in. You can also expand that view to see what BOMs and item's parent is used in. Some of our BOMs are 10 layers deep. In our environment we need to know which category of finished goods each purchased item is used in. Currently we maintain this manually and store the info in an inventory user-defined field. Over time as the number of our finished goods and purchased parts has increased this has become an unmangeable process. I need to find a way to query the BOM tables a...

QUESTION- Simpler Way to Add a Data Series to Other Graphs?
Hi- I'm using Excel 2002 and I've got a lot of XY (Scatter) graphs. When I add a new data series to one graph, it is defined by 3 values (Name, X Value and Y Value) If I want to add this data series to 7 or 8 add'l graphs, I know that I can copy/paste these 3 values to each of them. Is there a simpler way to accomplish this? thnx ...

MS Money 2007 and rental property
I am considering MS Money Home and Business edition to track rental income from a couple of units I own. The problem I'm having is that no where in the literature does it talk about traking rental income and expenses to Schedule E, only Schedule C. Seems like a dumb thing, but will the software allow me to track Schedule E tax items? Obviously Quickbooks and even Quicken do, but I have reasons why I hate Intuit even more than Microsoft. In microsoft.public.money, Randolph wrote: >I am considering MS Money Home and Business edition to track rental income >from a couple of u...

Importing and updating Products in MS CRM...
We are speaking to one of our clients on MS CRM implementation. However we are stumped on one issue. They have more than two thousand products and the price of these products changes as frequently as once in a month. Using DMF, we can import the products one off but how about updating the prices at least once in a month. Is there any user friendly utility available for MS CRM that can be used by our client to import Products information on regular basis? May be that someone will suggest SCRIBE but it is too pricey. Any help is appreciated. Hi, Onkar. We had the same situation, and even ...

money2004 startup error
When I start the program I encounter following error: AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: mnyob99.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 000dc6e5 I looked at other posts and done everything from reinstalling the program to replacing the .dll files. but keeps giving the error. anyone know what I should do? TIA reinstalled again and got a different dll error AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: ofdutil.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 0000ce2d please help >-----Original Message----- >When I start the program I encounter following error: > >AppName: msmone...

log in error
When I sign in to Microsoft Money (2002) I get an error "Money is unable to verify sign in. Money will now try to log you using Work Offline sign in. Some online features, such as background banking, will be unavailable because of network problems. To use these online features, please close Money and try to sign in again later." Help! Everytime I try I get the same error message. What am I doing wrong and can anyone help? ...

Create field from append query based on linked table name
Here's the setup: Two linked tables called 'PHD' and 'XANS' bring in daily data from two CSV files. A union table-query puts the common data in both into the same name fields. This table-query is called 'SOLS_DATA_MERGE'. I then created a new table called 'SOLS_MAIN' and I ran an append query called 'SOLS_DATA_APPEND' to append the data in the table-query, 'SOLS_DATA_MERGE' into the new table, 'SOLS_MAIN'. The main reason for this was so that I could assign my data a primary key. Even though I have achieved my goal of merging the da...

table manipulation
Hi all my db has a single table, Table1. Table1 is as follows: AUTHOR;TITLE;PUBLISHER rows are not unique; i.e. I can have more than 1 row with the same author. What would be the SQL code to generate a table2 with the following structure: AUTHOR;TITLE-PUBLISHER;...;TITLE-PUBLISHER where every author now has only 1 row and titles and publishers for author are appended to the right as as may fields as necessary? thanks! hugh wrote: > Hi all > > my db has a single table, Table1. Table1 is as follows: > > > AUTHOR;TITLE;PUBLISHER > > rows are not unique; i.e....

Error LNK2005 while building MFC application
Hi, I get following linker error several times for different methods while building a huge MFC solution: "error LNK2005: "public: virtual struct CRuntimeClass * __thiscall CObject::GetRuntimeClass(void)const " (?GetRuntimeClass@CObject@@UBEPAUCRuntimeClass@@XZ) already defined in nafxcwd.lib(objcore.obj) nafxcw.lib TerminalSideApp" How can I correct this? Thanks in advance. >I get following linker error several times for different methods while >building a huge MFC solution: > >"error LNK2005: "public: virtual struct CRuntimeClass * __t...