moving worksheets between workbooks

I have three workbooks that I'd like to consolidate into one workbook
with 3 sheets. Workbook #1 contains linked cell references in
workbooks #2 and #3. How can I move the worksheets from workbooks #2
and #3 into workbook #1 while maintaining the integrity of the linked
cell references?

Thanks,

 -Jim

0
jim.epler (1)
8/31/2007 6:51:16 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Jim,

I don't now how this will affect the links, but you can move worksheets this
way
-Open all the workbooks invovled
-Right click on the tab of the sheet you want to move and choose move or
copy from the popup menu
-In the new dialog click on the dropdown to select the workbook you wan to
send to to then Ok

You might this with copies of the workbooks just in case it does affect the
links.

Mike

"jim_epler" wrote:

> I have three workbooks that I'd like to consolidate into one workbook
> with 3 sheets. Workbook #1 contains linked cell references in
> workbooks #2 and #3. How can I move the worksheets from workbooks #2
> and #3 into workbook #1 while maintaining the integrity of the linked
> cell references?
>
> Thanks,
>
>  -Jim

0
mikebres (18)

pst file move
I use office xp with windows xp. I would like to move my outlook.pst file to another hard disk because the old one is full. How can I do it? The following article should provide the details you need for this request: 287070 OL2002: How to Back Up, Restore, or Move Outlook Data http://support.microsoft.com/?id=287070 -- Hope that helps!! Thank you! Sincerely, Chris Lineback, MCSE Microsoft Enterprise Messaging Support - Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. -This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers...

Rename the worksheet
Is there a possibility to rename the worksheet without using the mouse-rename procedure? I mean using the keyboard only??? Thanks. -- praveen_khm ------------------------------------------------------------------------ praveen_khm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30364 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=502191 Dear Praveen, Use Alt+O+H+R to rename the worksheet. Regards, Selvarathinam. praveen_khm wrote: > Is there a possibility to rename the worksheet without using the > mouse-rename procedure? I me...

Change background / color of chart worksheet?
Need steps to change the color or backgound of the worksheet that is a chart. Have multiple tabs in workbook that are just the charts. Only option for background is to use Format-Sheet-Background. That changes background of chart, but not the grey areas around the chart on the chart tab. You need to select the Chart Area (what you call the, "grey areas around the chart") and format that. There are 2 separate, "parts" to a chart:- 1. The Plot Area (which you seem to have formatted OK) and the 2. Chart Area. You need to select each of them to format th...

creating links inside a workbook.
I would like to put a working table of contents into my workbook. In other words, I would like to list all of the sheet names on a master page and allow the user to jump to that page simply by clicking the page's name. Any suggestions? Please and Thank You!!!! Use the Hyperlink feature. Just do a Insert> HyperLink>. Choose place in this document. Then select the tab you want to link to. "Angelica" <Angelica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94B5487B-A816-4BE3-B43A-701863DCFE76@microsoft.com... >I would like to put a working table of content...

Moving multiple messages #2
Whenever I attempt to move multiple messages in Outlook 2000 to a Personal folder, I always receive a message that says "Cant move the items. Some items could not be moved. They were either already moved or deleted, or access was denied." If I move them one at a time, it works, but moving even two messages gives me the error. It only happens when they have attachments ...

5.5 server move
Just in the process of working my way through the Ed Crowley server move FAQ off swinc. Been hit by brain fade though. Created the replicas of the public folders to the new server and from the exchange server admin program can see that they are being used instead of the ones on the original server. The bit thats causing brain fade is how do i delete the replicas from the old server? Done this once b4 but was over 2 years ago and have slept since then/got a kiddie/bought a big fast bike any clues most appreciated -- Robb '97 Firestorm I am assuming you are using 5.5 to remove the repli...

Moving Exchange logs and database
I am attempting to move the log and database files for Exchange 2003. I have followed all the steps listed here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=821915 However, the log files are still being written to the old log folder. Are there any subsequent steps that need to be followed? Is it just a matter of waiting? Thank you for your help, Nick Are you sure you're looking at the right logs? Did you make the change for all storage groups? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <nicenick@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1158769...

Ex2k7 Mailbox move error..
I used the command shell to move my mailbox from one MB server to another, same site/org/ip subnet, etc. It seemed to be taking an awful long time and i wasn't seeing any progress. Finally i gave up and ctrl+break'd out of the shell. Now i can't open my mailbox at all. If i try using OWA i get this error: "Log in failed because the mailbox you tried to access is being moved. The mailbox cannot be accessed until this operation is complete. Please wait and try again later." If i try using standard Outlook i get this error: "Cannot start Microsoft Office O...

Moving Unix aliases to Exchange 5.5
Is there a way to emulate the unix aliases on exchange? By Unix aliases do you mean multiple email addresses? Nue "pcgirl" <pcgirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8521D3E6-2F11-408E-863B-A9911850D19A@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to emulate the unix aliases on exchange? ...

move selection after enter into cell
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Upon entering data into a cell, I do not want to move to another cell when I hit Return. In the older version of Excel I used to be able to go into Tools/Options/Edit and uncheck Move Selection after Enter. How can I accomplish this in the 2008 version? thanks Aha - you've revealed yourself as a Windows user :-) Mac OS has never had Options, it uses Preferences instead. Go to Excel> Preferences> Edit where you can specify Up, Down, Left, Right from the list or clear the check to not have the se...

shared workbook issue
Hello All - I am using Excel 2007 and have a shared workbook that is also password protected. One user of the workbook attempted to save changes and received an error message that reads: "Caution: You are attempting to save a shared workbook that is also protected with a password. Portions of the file, including the change history, will not be encrypted. To help ensure the security of your file, unshare the workbook or delete the change history from the document. Do you want to save this file?" I would like to keep this as a shared workbook, so I attempted to delete t...

Smaller workbooks?
Hi. My Excel 2000 workbook has just increased in size from 1mb to just under 8mb !! I have added a few formulae and a long VBA macro. The workbook has 14 sheets, no graphics and quite a bit of conditional formatting. The VBA adds formulae to the various sheets on an 'as required' basis - if 30 rows are needed, then the macro adds formulae to about 20 columns on 30 rows. Thats all it does. I just did a bit more work to it and the size jumped.... Any suggestions on how to get it smaller again? Thanks. Jim Hi Jim, Does Ctrl+End properly identify your last cell or is it way down...

Moving CRM from one server to another error at step 5
I've only got one server on the network. I wanted to reinstall it from scratch as when CRM was installed Exchange had not been and is coming up with a corrupt metabase if I try to install. The server has 2 disks mirrored, so I've broken the mirror and now have the old installation on one disk and a brand new install on the other. The machine name, domain name etc are identical. I've gone through the redeployment guide, but on step 5 the process bombs with a series of errors: 06/14/2005 15:39:44 Backup BusinessUnitBase table. 06/14/2005 15:39:45 Could not use view or function...

password for workbook
Hello, How can i set the workbook so that when opened, a dialogu appears asking for password to open up the workbook before being abl to read or Read/write anything.... Thanks a lot From Joh -- Neo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Neo1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3032 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=53146 One simple way, although the password input is not masked '----------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Workbook_Open() '...

copy data from one worksheet to identical sheet in different workbook
I want to essentially sync the data between 2 identical worksheets in different workbooks. Essentially, I want to import and replace data in the second sheet with data from the first, is there a simple way to do this without deleting the worksheet and then copying the new sheet into the workbook? Thanks You can right-click on your source-sheetname tab, the shortmenu will reflect Copy/MoveSheet.... Select it and make 2 other choices: 1) Check to Create Copy box at bottom 2) From dropdown box at top of screen select an existing open workbook or select new-workbook. OK HTH "a...

moving to end of sheet
I know that "ctrl-end" should take me to the end of a worksheet. Sometimes, however, it takes me beyond the last row where data is entered, sometimes many blank rows beyond. I've tried deleting those blank rows, making sure there is nothing hidden inthose rows, no conditional formatting, etc., but that doesn't work. If I cut and paste the rows with data into a new sheet, that works (i.e., "ctrl-end" takes me to the last cell with data in it). Is there a way to do this without the cut and paste workaround? Thanks. There are instructions here for resetti...

Start a file at a defaulted worksheet/cell?
Howdy, Having a few users to a file, can I have the file open to a default worksheet/cell as I have directions I want them to read before playing... Regards, Kevin Kevin, use something like this, put in thisworkbook code Private Sub Workbook_Open() Sheets("Sheet2").Select Range("C3").Select End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 97 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "...

worksheet appearance
Hey, I create worksheets in VBA, then delete them again and create them again. One worksheet always stays in my workbook, but when I create such a new worksheet with add it appears the first in line. I want it to appear it after the worksheet stat is always visible. How can I solve this? From XL/VBA Help: > Add Method (Worksheets Collection) > > Creates a new worksheet. The new worksheet becomes the active sheet. Returns > a Worksheet object. > Syntax > expression.Add(Before, After, Count, Type) > expression Required. An expression that returns a Worksheets object....

Excel macro for copying range to another worksheet
On a monthly basis, I would like to copy the completed range (varies from month to month) of a database (Sheet1) to a master list (Sheet3). Once the data has been copied I intend to manually delete the entries of Sheet1 and start anew for the new month =96 for eventual transfer to Sheet3. The idea is to copy each month=92s data at the bottom of the previous months=92 (Sheet3). I followed Excel=92s record macro command but the macro I ended up with is not capable of placing the new data at the bottom of the existing one; it simply keeps overwriting the previous entry. Unfortunately, I don=92t...

Searching a Differnt worksheet in the same workbook.
So what I need to do is have a colum D that searches Sheet1, column E for a certain text string entered in a different sheet (either 2 or 3) column D. If they match I want the cell in column E, sheet 2 or 3 to return a text of "Found" and if there is no match I want the cell to be blank. I've been looking in these forums and have a feeling it can be done, I just can't figure out how. Thanks. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Dear Cre...

Money 2000 move
Hi Everyone, I am using Money 2000. I just bought a new computer and today I would like to transfer all my data. What is the best way to do this with MS Money 2000 so I don't loose any of the data or application setting? Many thanks, Anguel You will have to reinstall the application from the original CD. Copy over the .MNY data file(s) using a network, CD, or USB flash drive. Some settings will be lost in the new installation--printer settings for check alignment come to mind immediately--but some are stored in the data file. Best bet is to open both Options|Settings and comp...

vlookup help linking data between worksheet
hi, I have a master list of students (about 200+ )in one worksheet. On the succeeding worksheets are the attendance for seminars. We have more than 20 seminars in a year. Because of the large no of attendees per seminar, I usually type out a list of the students who came for each seminar, so there will be 20 +attendance worksheets. Not all students will come every time and there are new ones for each session. To update on master list, I will sort each sheet by surname, print it out and type in separate column (date) for each session and typed "P" for present and &quo...

shared workbook opens slowly
I have a workbook that uses conditional formating etc has 60 worksheets one for each week and 8 for info for drop down lists and the size is 10 mb. I have shared it via a windows 2003 severer but it takes along time to open any thoughts as to what I may have done wrong Since you have 60 worksheets with conditional formatting and the same is used by many persons in sharing mode will make excel to open the file slowly. Try to Remove unwanted worksheets from your workbook and on daily basis or two days once Remove the sharing and give Cntrl+S and apply the sharing. While doing ...

Excel VBA
Hi, Is there any way to freeze (prevent) a number of worksheets from recalculating when a VBA macro is running? I have a spreadsheet with about 10 worksheets, most of which are linked to each other in some way. One of my macros only needs to use the formulas (and related results) from about 7 of these, so the other 3 are updating all the time but since the results from these are not needed then they are slowing down my code. Is there some VBA function for temporarily disabling a worksheets calculation function? I would need my code to look something like this: Code: -------------------- ...

Linking items GREATER THAN O on another worksheet in the same Work
I have a workbook that has about four worksheets … I want to create a list of items that will automatically be included on worksheet tab 4 from Worksheet tab 1 if the quantity for the item listed on the first worksheet has been changed from 0 to any other number (i.e. 1 or 10 etc). I have a list of equipment with pricing on worksheet tab 1 and the list is long. Many of the items will have quantities of zero and will not increase as they will not be selected for the project being created. We have additional columns for cost, extended cost, labor hours etc. If the quantity changes for a...