Moving VBA from 2003 to 2010

Self-taught macro writer.
My workplace just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2010, and much of my VBA
code is now broken.

So far, I've learned that

    all my custom toolbars are gone (I think that's what I've learned)

    my PERSONAL.XLS has gone AWOL

    Analysis ToolPak - VBA doesn't seem to be happy

    AND: msnews.microsoft.com went away :-(

Some of my code is working just fine; some I'm still trying to figure
out how to get to.

I've just spent most of today trying to find information with limited
success (likely due to my not really knowing where to look, or what to
search for.)  The best success I had today, in fact, was finding Eternal
September!

What I'm really looking for now more than anything is pointers on where
to look for information.

--
Clif McIrvin

Change nomail.afraid.org to gmail.com to reply by email.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I think I've gotten started down the right path. Today I spent time
browsing through recent posts in mpe.misc and mpe.programming and found
relevant threads.

Clif

"Clif McIrvin" <clare.moe@nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
> Self-taught macro writer.
> My workplace just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2010, and much of my
> VBA code is now broken.
>
> So far, I've learned that
>
>    all my custom toolbars are gone (I think that's what I've learned)
>
>    my PERSONAL.XLS has gone AWOL
>
>    Analysis ToolPak - VBA doesn't seem to be happy
>
>    AND: msnews.microsoft.com went away :-(
>
> Some of my code is working just fine; some I'm still trying to figure
> out how to get to.
>
> I've just spent most of today trying to find information with limited
> success (likely due to my not really knowing where to look, or what to
> search for.)  The best success I had today, in fact, was finding
> Eternal September!
>
> What I'm really looking for now more than anything is pointers on
> where to look for information.
>
> --
> Clif McIrvin
>
> Change nomail.afraid.org to gmail.com to reply by email.
> (nomail.afraid.org has been set up specifically for
> use in usenet. Feel free to use it yourself.)

Exchange 2000 to 2003 Outlook Web Access redirect
We are moving mailboxes over the course of a week or so to our new 2003 server. The redirects between the old 2k and new 2k3 are working great. Is there a way for an OWA user who logs in to the old 2K owa server to be redirected to the 2K3 owa server. I can't setup a general redirect because not all users are being migrated at the same time. Thanks in advance. On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 09:31:33 -0500, "Stella" <No@nospam.com> wrote: >We are moving mailboxes over the course of a week or so to our new 2003 >server. The redirects between the old 2k and new 2k3 ar...

Using Windows 2003 Web Edition as Front End
Hi, Can anyone tell me if it is possible to use the Web Edition of Windows Server to install an Exchange OWA/RPC over HTTP Proxy front-end? Thanks, Alec Exchange is not supported on Web Edition; Exchange will not even install on it. I have never tried to install the RPC/HTTP Proxy service, but I'll bet it won't. Here is some more info on the limitations of Web Edition (they don't mention the RPC/HTTP proxy. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/overview/web.mspx or http://tinyurl.com/ypah -- Jim McBee Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Stuff: ...

Money 2003/2004 downloaded balances don't download
When I first started using 2003 everytime I would connect Money would say "Bank Balance does not match local balance..." I had options to ignore, fix by auto adjust, or download anyway. I liked those options but not the message. There was a check box that said don't display this message anymore. I selected that and since that time my bank balances are not downloading. All the transactions download fine just not the balances. Without rhyme or reason occasionally a balance will download but the date is off by a year. I purchased 2004 deluxe hoping I would get my options b...

Mailbox Manager on 2003
The Mailbox Manager in 5.5 did not send any email to a mailbox when it did not move any email in that mailbox. It only added the "Mailbox Manager has completed processing mailboxes" message if there was >0 emails moved. The Mailbox Manager in 2003 is adding the "Mailbox Manager has completed processing mailboxes" message even if it doesn't actually move any emails (and adds the number of emails if it moves any). Is there a way to not have it send any email if no emails are moved (the 5.5 way)? ...

2003 SPAM filters not working!!!
I have installed Outlook 2003 at home and at work. I use exchange at both places. At work, Outlook is doing an AWESOME job filtering out SPAM. I have the filter set to 'high' and it gets everything! At home, it gets nothing! I have the same filter settings and EVERYTHING gets through! what's up? I instaled them the same way! As a matter of fact, I am using the same 'free trail' CD for both!! HELP! Andrew ps - To make matters worse, I made the mistake of using my real email in a Microsoft Newsgroup! D'Oh! Now I have gotten over 300 of those "MS Update"...

Antivirus for Exchange 2003 #3
What is the best program for Antivirus for Exchange 2003? We use message labs for our first line defenses, but we need antivirus software that runs on our servers for first line defenses. We have use GFI now, however dispite what happened last week, I don't feel like they are being very sincere about ensuring us that this will happen again. Thanks in advance. Many have different thoughts on who is the best and why, however my personal favorite is Sybari's Antigen. It is a mult-engine product, so one isn't sinking all the eggs in one basket so to speak. FWIW, while th...

Cannot create new? In all office 2003 applications
Everything in office 2003 Pro - excel, ppt, even outlook many functions are greyed out all of a sudden. I tried installing and reinstall outlook and that didnt change anything. Also one thing I noticed was that when I reinstalled office 2003 (done thru cd, and add/remove) it still had my settings stored when I installed it again, like mu email accounts,k emails were intact. Any ideas, why am i having this grrey out, worked fine until yesterday. Could you do a Restore on your system? "Vakul" wrote: > Everything in office 2003 Pro - excel, ppt, even outlook many functions a...

Outlook 2003 #243
I have two questions: 1. How do you turn on the "unread mail" folder located in the upper left side of outlook? 2. I'm using the MS back up program which settings do I use to instruct the program to back up in a different folder all the time? keeps switching folders. Thank you for your help, ...

Outlook 2003 Personal Folders: Does encryption slow access to mail?
Hi, I have a 2Gb .pst file that I have built up over several years. (Never have deleted good mail or autoarchived anything). This .pst file is of course a 97-2002 version .pst file. I have reached the file size limit for this. I an error message coming up that I need to switch to the new kind of .pst file. When creating a new file there is the option for "compressible encryption" or "high encryption". With a large mail box (2Gb) would using either encryption method this significantly slow down Outlook functions such as searches through contacts and mail folders. Would one ...

OWA 2003: Access is denied
Dear all, Since a few weeks we are running on 2003 server and exchange 2003. We have 5 servers running on 2003 and on one of them is also running exchange server 2003. Their is also a trust with a other 2003 domain. After installation of Exchange 2003 OWA worked perfect. A few days later not anymore. If I now try to login at http://(servername)/exchange it wil ask for a login and password but after trying three times it will give me the error message: HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized, if I open the public folders at http://(servername)/public it will open without a problem. It doesn't...

Outlook 2003 - Navigation Pane
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003 and I've noticed that whenever I make a change to the Navigation pane, close, and reopen Outlook my changes are not saved. For example if I unchecked Contacts and moved the Calendar to the bottom of the naviagation pane from the top, the next time i close and reopen Outlook the navigation pane will look like it did before I made the change. I've tried uninstalling all instances of Office (XP and 2003) and reinstalling Office 2003 including the updates. I believe the Navigation bar was working fine before the updates were applied. ...

Is there a sharepoint integrator for GP8.0 and SPS 2003?
Is there a sharepoint integrator for GP8.0 and SPS 2003; I know there was one for 7.x at https://mbs.microsoft.com/downloads/customer/BusinessPortal_Office.exe but I cannot find a newer version that will work with 8.0? Thanks, Rob ...

Hosting several internet domain names on one Exchange 2003 Server
Hi, I have a simple setup with SmallBusinessServer and 1 domain. We use Exchange and ISA 2003. Our domain is registered for use on the internet and employees use email-addresses with that domain, f.ex xxxx@domain1.com We have also registered 3 other domains on the internet (domain2, domain3 and domain4.com) and we want to use these domains in our emailadresses as well. I can successfully setup this on each Active Directory user and send mail on our internal network. When trying to send mail from outside our company, I get an response saying "cannot relay..." immediately. Th...

URGENT Exchange Optimizer
I have a Exchange 5.5 server that have run out of diskspace on the data drive and stopped the Exchange Services. I will now add a new disk with a new drive letter with much of free space to this server and use the Exchange Optimizer to move the data to the new disk. Here is my question, does the Exchange server services needs to be up and running to be able to use the optimizer for this operation? E.g. when starting Optimizer, think i remember that it shuts down some Exchange services the first thing it does... If this won�t work, how can I proceed to get this Exchange server up and running...

Wrap text problem in Excel 2003
I am having probems with wrap text. The last line, in a ten line entry, won't wrap. Is there anything I can do about this as it is happening on at least five cells Many thanks James Have you tried to manually place the "carriage return" by editing the cell (F2), moving to the appropriate spot and simaltaneously hitting the Alt-Enter keys? or is manual entry not an option in this instance? "jamesp@premiercs.co.uk" wrote: > I am having probems with wrap text. The last line, in a ten line entry, > won't wrap. Is there anything I can do about this ...

MS Outlook 2003 #3
Hi, I've installed Outlook 2003, my OS is W2K Pro, daily updated from Live Update, all works fine except the send/receive when I enter the MSOutlook 2003. Basically, once I click the icon in my desktop, nothing happens, to download my mail I have to click the Send/Receive button on the menu bar. Of course the box into the options is set (by default) to send immediately when connected, I did not touch anything of the default values, so it is as I have originally installed. In addition, my system is clean because I've installed a new HD, everything runs very smooth except this. No anit...

Move whole DC & Exchange on new hardware
Hi On one singleserver I've runnig an Windows 2003 Server as a domain controller and exchange. Now I've to move the whole domain, with all users, roaming profiles and so on, including the exchange things (smtp, mailboxes, public folders, iis). Has someone a manual or concept for this?!? Exists there a document from microsoft, explaining the most importent steps or something like this?!? Thanks a lot for your advice... Phil Move Server (Ed Crowley method): http://www.swinc.com/resources/exchange/faq_db.asp?status=questions&faqID=1001&faqname=Exchange%202000&sectionID...

OWA Logon History
Is there any way to access the logon history of users logging into OWA? Thanks. -- Jay Douglas http://www.jaydouglas.com On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 15:03:21 -0700, "Jay Douglas" <jayREMOVEIFNOTSPAM@jaydouglas.com> wrote: >Is there any way to access the logon history of users logging into OWA? > >Thanks. IIS Logs. ...

CRM 4.0 hotfix 13 move Exchange server
Hello we have been installed CRM 4.0 and uppdated to hotfix 13. We are using Exchnage Server 2007 and we have been installed new exchange server 2010 and want to use this new server with CRM. How can i put new server in use with CRM 4.0? Is there need to install Email connector on Exchange 2010 server or need chnages in Database or on the CRM Server? best regards, Jensen ...

find replace VBA
I have a list of addresses that I want to standardize. For example, I have this list in column A: 100 Randlett Steet 450 Park Str Apt 5 Park Sreet Park Streeet Apt B5 I want to standardize all the versions of 'street' to "St". There are approximately 300 similar replacements, like Aveenue to Ave, Roade to Rd, Northgate to 399 N 7th St. I have compiled all the misspelled words, put them in column B, and the "correct" version next to it, in Column C. I have done all this work because I want to be able to use this list as we continue to receive address data with simil...

Outlook 2003
Hi, one of my colleagues has a problem with Outlook 2003 in that they cannot receive any more mail with attachments, seemingly because the PST file is sitting at 1.8GB. They already auto archive mail into an archive PST file, which is around 18GB in size. The actual disk space left on the machine is only around 1GB, so performance is pretty slow - however, there is a spare D drive available with 38GB free. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good approach for freeing up space on the PST files (possibly by moving the current archive PST file to the D drive?), while still having arch...

Formatting problems on Mac Excel 2004 of Windows 2003 Spreadsheet
Spent last two days researching internet to try to find out why I'm having all this trouble getting my Windows 2003 Spreadsheets to print properly on a mac, using Windows Excel 2004. Comparing printouts of each: Mac seems to: 1: Interprete the font somewhat larger (20 %) 2: Displays and prints column positioning much larger (wider) Net result: Often 4 pages (2 wide, 2 high) instead of 1. The main usage of the (15) WorkBooks (each having at least 10 WorkSheets) is and will remain in the Windows environment. Therefore, I'm hoping there is a way to run the workbooks on ...

Problem with VBA code and Range
I'm trying to create multiple charts via a macro in Excel 2007. I'm getting a 1004 - Range of Object _Global Failed on the indicated statement. I believe I've done something wrong with the last Range in that statement, but I'm not sure what. Sub OATChartCreate() Dim chtNew As Chart Dim i As Integer '<<< ActiveCell.Resize(2.6).Select ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddChart.Select Set chtNew = ActiveChart For i = 1 To 109 '<<< Range("F1:K1,F2:K2").Select Range(&qu...

Access 97 & 2003 on same computer
I have a user with both Access 97 and 03 on her computer and all DBs are defaulting to 97. Used to default to 03, but changed for some reason. I thought one way to go was to create a shortcut to point to Access 03 .exe, but it’s been a long time since I’ve had to deal with this, so I don’t quite remember how to structure the shortcut. Can someone give me an example? One day, she will have Office 97 removed, but that will be a job for our help desk, which will not happen for a while. We have a great help desk in place! (: Oh, and I tried to associate .mdb files with A 03, but it didn’t ...

Getting Started Section in Office 2003
whenever I open an Office application like Excel, there is that section to the right 'Getting Started.' I am using Office 2003. this happens in Word as well. How can I remove them? I've looked in Tools > Options but wasn't able to find anything myself. I don't want them open when I intially open the application. Thanks in advance. Hi dsimoens! No need to post to more than one group. Press any key to continue on opening the file Make a couple of minor changes The save the file and re-open If created in an earlier version of Excel I think that saving will produce a di...