Moving data range in chart

I have a spreadsheet that I continually add data to. I have a chart
based on the data. My problem is I want the chart to only show the last

5 data points entered in the spreadsheet and continue to do so ass I
add more data.
Example Data:

LOT NUMBER           DATA
1                               13
2                               12
3                               14
4                               12
5                               13
6                               15

As I add data I want the chart to show only the last 5 entries (in this
case lots 2-6).
Is there a simple way to do this?

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You can use a dynamic range as the source of the data.  For example, if the
data is in Sheet1 on columns A and B, you can define a name
(Insert->Name->Define) that refers to:
=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,COUNTA(Sheet1!$A:$A)-5,0,5,2)
And use the name as the source of the graph.

Hope this helps,
Miguel.

"Peter" wrote:

> I have a spreadsheet that I continually add data to. I have a chart
> based on the data. My problem is I want the chart to only show the last
>
> 5 data points entered in the spreadsheet and continue to do so ass I
> add more data.
> Example Data:
>
> LOT NUMBER           DATA
> 1                               13
> 2                               12
> 3                               14
> 4                               12
> 5                               13
> 6                               15
>

> As I add data I want the chart to show only the last 5 entries (in this
> case lots 2-6).
> Is there a simple way to do this?

Get drive letter for old slave hard drive while keeping data
Hello, My master hard disk has failed and I have successfully replaced it with a new one and reinstalled windows XP etc. Before the crash I had a second slave drive with some data I would like to keep on it. When I connect this drive, it shows up in disk management, but does not get assigned a drive letter. How can I get windows to assign a drive letter to the drive without formatting it and losing all of my data? Both drives are IDE drives, the master is jumpered to cable select and is on the master cable, the slave seems to have lost its jumper, or never had one, but sh...

Set a range from a variable location
I am using a loop function that will eventually select and activate a specific cell known as "TheCurrentCell." Once I reach that location I want to use that coordinate as the upper left area of a new range. Supposing that the end cell of my range is D1000, the Range selection would be something like Range(TheCurrentCell:D1000).select, however, I don't know the correct syntax to make this happen. Please help. Thank you. Use something like Range(Selection.Address & ":D1000").Select. "Troubled User" wrote: > I am using a loop function that will...

Naming charts on own sheet
Hi. I have a series of charts (which are all contained on their own sheets). I need to name each of the charts (as they will be used by someone else in a macro). I have tried clicking on them and also pressing shift before clicking on them, and I am not able to change the name in the name combo box. Can anyone advise me of how I can change the names. Thanks for your help. Hi, If you have chart sheets you can change the name by simply changing the sheet tab name. What you described is the method used on chartobjects, which are usually on a worksheet. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Mi...

Twist Data?...
Hi all... I've got the following in a dataset: 19 30 1200 FI FI 20030906 36 19 30 1324 FI FI 20030906 36 and I want the following result: 19 30 1200, 1324 FI FI 20030906 26 Any guess on how to do this? thanks much!... Hmmm... Not quite clear: The data is arranged in columns, I assume It looks as if both items in the same column are the same, you want just one item, otherwise the one in the top row first, then the one from the bottom row. But what about the last 36s that should yield 26? Typo? Does the dataset have more columns or more rows or both? And how big is it?...

merging 2 cells without losing data?

loan amortisatio chart not updating
Hi, I use MS Monet 2007 premium. I have created a loan amortisation account which breaks up my monthly instslment into pricipal and interest. The loan commencd from 7 October 2005 and is for a period of 5 years. The problem is that the loan account does ot show any loan instalments beyond 7 October 2006 (exactly 1 year after the commencement). Why is this happening. Why is the account not updating with instalments which have been debited to my account after 7 October 2007. Please help. Were you depending on downloaded transaction data for this account? Did the download link br...

Transformation of data into columns

How do I make a chart with several times during a day
Hi, This seems like it may be a simple thing, yet I can not for the life of me figure out how to do this (or at least semi-easily with VBing it for a while). I have a simple table filled with the following information (example for simplicity): 12pm 5pm 10pm 11/20 5 4 7 11/21 5 4 7 11/23 5 4 7 11/24 5 4 7 11/25 5 4 7 So basically I am keeping track of a numeric value three times a day. I would like to make a chart of it with...

Data Validation List not showing

NNTP move to Exchange?
Hi, I'm having a problem with getting a NNTP feed from a INND 2.2.1 server to Exchange 2003; are there any known issues here? Has anyone done this type of migration before? What issues did you encounter? It seems as if Exchange just wants to pull down a few of the groups (of which we have over 100 internal) and even with that, not even pull all of the messages in from those few groups (it usually gets a few hundred messages). I'm using the basic NNTP wizards but everything looks to be configured correctly. Thanks, Dan ...

survival chart
Hi! Does anybody have an idea how it would be possible to trick Excel into making a survival plot? That is a stepped graph ploting cumulative survival on the y axis and time slots on the x. Any suggestion would be most appreciated. Andrej Andrej - I don't have a 'survival plot' per se, but you could look for ideas on my web site. The cumulative probability plot sounds like a possible candidate: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/ProbabilityChart.html If it doesn't give you any idea, post back with some typical data, and we'll have a look. - Jo...

Chart "Benchmark" Line Graph Question
I am generating a graph of many team's monthly audit productivity percentages (bar graph) with a "benchmark" (line graph) at 95% (y axis) across 6 month period (x axis). The problem is that the line graph appears on the graph but the ends of the line are centered in the end columns (left & right). Is there as simple way to extend the benchmark line out to the edges of the graph? MJ Have a great day and live life with passion! ...

Adding extra data options
Is there a way to customize CRM to allow for adding another heading? I would like to add a second field similar to topic and would like to call it type. Can you add extra data fileds and types in CRM 3.0? You can add extra data fields to an entity. Go to entities customization at setting area. -- Marco Amoedo Plain Concepts http://geeks.ms/blogs/marco/ "xxdcmast" escribió: > Is there a way to customize CRM to allow for adding another heading? I would > like to add a second field similar to topic and would like to call it type. > > Can you add extra data ...

Chart printing issue in Excel 2007

trying to link maps and pie charts
Hello I was trying to link sales data stored in an excel table with a specific country in MapPoint. This software allows you to do this very easily. You can even picture the data in piecharts (% sales for each competitor). However there is very little flexibility with the look of the result: you cannot choose the color of the slices of the pie, you may not display data on the graph, and the maps do not look very professional. I know it is possible to link automatically a table with a shape in visio. Can this shape be a given country/region on a map? Can the callouts have th...

re post range check
hi i have a worksheet with a lot of data on it column A contains the date column B contains an area column C contains the fault column D contain a quantity A B C D 1/4/04 stores damaged 10 7/4/04 bins rust 60 -- -- --- -- -- --- - -- -- 31-12-04 floor ...