Missing engineering functions

In an earlier version of Excel, I had "engineering
functions" like =dec2hex and =hex2dec. Not, in Excel 2003, I
see them in the "help files' but not in my list of available
formulas. How do I get them to work in Excel 2003?

Thanks in advance,

Geoff Waters
Glendale, CA

0
grw888 (3)
7/11/2004 6:19:11 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Geoff,

I don't have Excel 2003, but you should be able to go to
Tools | Add-ins and check mark "Analysis Took Pak" in
the list that appears.

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, CA

"Geoff" <grw888@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:zwfIc.299$Qu5.238@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> In an earlier version of Excel, I had "engineering
> functions" like =dec2hex and =hex2dec. Not, in Excel 2003, I
> see them in the "help files' but not in my list of available
> formulas. How do I get them to work in Excel 2003?
> Thanks in advance,
> Geoff Waters
> Glendale, CA
0
jim.coneXXX (771)
7/11/2004 6:36:44 PM
Jim Cone wrote:
> Geoff,
>
> I don't have Excel 2003, but you should be able to go to
> Tools | Add-ins and check mark "Analysis Took Pak" in
> the list that appears.
>
> Regards,
> Jim Cone
> San Francisco, CA
>
> "Geoff" <grw888@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:zwfIc.299$Qu5.238@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>
>>In an earlier version of Excel, I had "engineering
>>functions" like =dec2hex and =hex2dec. Not, in Excel 2003, I
>>see them in the "help files' but not in my list of available
>>formulas. How do I get them to work in Excel 2003?
>>Thanks in advance,
>>Geoff Waters
>>Glendale, CA

Thanks. It works now.

/Geoff

0
grw888 (3)

Time functions #2
Hi, I have to do some time calculations and I have a formula that outputs in minutes and I have to subtract a standard time to this number of minutes. For example, I have 8:00 AM in one cell and 20.68 minutes on an other cell. The output that I am expecting is 7:39 AM. Does anybody know how to bring an output like that by subtracting the minutes? Please help. Thanks With 8:00 AM in A1 and 20.68 in B1, use this formula =A1-B1/(24*60) Why does it work? Because Excel stores time as a fraction of a day. We convert minutes to days by dividing by 24*60 (24 hr/day and 60 min/hr) You could just u...

Adding functionality to MS Outlook Express
Hi, I am looking for help to integrate anti-spam open source programs with MS Outlook Express :- - SpamPal - http://www.spampal.org/ - Spamato - http://www.spamato.net/ The problem is to provide a library that will facilitate this. I have read the MSDN Messaging and Collaboration documentation which gives the ability to get notifications of new messages and to access message folders :- http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/ms709546.aspx The next need is to add a toolbar (with buttons for SPAM/NOSPAM) and to detect what messages are selected in the message window. The MSOE...

Inserted rows, now need Counta function
Hi I've got a data dump. I've figured out how to insert a blank row after a change in name in column A and insert "Total" - so... bill.... bill.... bill Total - bob.... bob.... bob.... bob Total - What I need in column C next to total is to insert the COUNTA function for each person. Any ideas? cheers You say your code inserts a blank row after a change in name and inserts "Total", but your example doesn't show this. Can you post the code you are using to do your "insert"? It will probably be easier to handle the ...

If Function Possibilities
Is there a way to set up in a cell A1, something like... If the formula used in cell B1 is "here I would type the actual formula in," then display the words "works," else display "mistake" ? -- rheller ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rheller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24081 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=377045 That's a pretty cryptic post. Do you mean: In A1: =IF(B1=n,"Works","Mistake") where 'n...

Publisher 2003 printing missing
At my school my students are creating newsletters. On random lines...on each student's printout...there are partial lines printed. Some titles don't print. Students have tried changing the size of the font, the font itself, the size of the text boxes, etc. We are always missing partial lines. It is a different place on each paper and it happens on different printers. Any suggestions? Barbmc wrote: > At my school my students are creating newsletters. On random lines...on each > student's printout...there are partial lines printed. Some titles don't > p...

Writing Access functions
I am an old FoxPro programmer (but have been out of programming for many years) and I have been through the Access basics that I have been able to find on line. So I can create tables, forms enter data the basics. I am learning VBA no problem there. Now I want to write some functions. I would like to write one function that is passed an ID and returns the last name of the person having that ID. I would like to write this function in two ways: 1. Connect to a table in my DB find the ID and return the name 2. Have the function perform a query that returns a record set from which t...

reading file name from folder function
I am using Access 97. Just wonder if there is a fuction which can read all the file name from a folder and put it to a column in a table. Please let me know. Thanks. Hi. >I am using Access 97. Just wonder if there is a fuction which can read all >the file name from a folder and put it to a column in a table. Please see the getFileInfo( ) function in the tip, "How to compare the contents of two directories," on the following Web page for an example: http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/vba1.html HTH. Gunny See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs. See http...

Function Keys in Excel
Can someone please tell me what the F2 key does in Excel 2000? I have a column of data which has been copied from Access 2000 into an Excel 2000 sheet. It is numeric data and when I use the "Countif" function on this data, it doesn't calculate. However, if I press the "F2" function key in any of the cells, something happens to the data so that the "countif" function recoginises it. Can anyone explain what is happening here? Thank you. -- LPS F2 allows you to edit directly in the cell, do you have calculations set to automatic under tools>calcul...

2003: Copy R-Click Option Missing!
In outlook 2003 when i right-click on an email message, only the move command/option is there (amongst others), but the copy command is missing? the only way I can copy is to drag the message to a folder with the right mouse button depressed and then the copy option shows up. Why is the copy option missing when I right click on an email message? thank you ...

MS Outlook will not start
Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured. Recreate your mailprofile in Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles... -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Damian ten Bohmer" <damiantenbohmer@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message news:...

faq: type of CArray as function parameter create errors
Hi, class CMyPoint { public: long x; long y; CArray<int,int&> m_intSegmentNo; CMyPoint(); virtual ~CMyPoint(); CMyPoint(const long &xx, const long &yy); CMyPoint(const CMyPoint &cmpt); CMyPoint(const CPoint &cpt); CMyPoint& operator = (const CMyPoint &assmypt); CMyPoint& operator = (const CPoint &asspt); bool operator == (const CMyPoint &rmypt);//const CMyPoint &lmypt, bool operator != (const CMyPoint &rmypt);//const CMyPoint &lmypt, }; .... class CSegment { public: CList<CMyPoint,CMyPoint&> m_PointList; CSeg...

Function for convertion of leters doesn't work.
I'm using function LOWER to convert string i my table on small size but Access gives me a message that the function is not defined.Please, do you know another function? MS Access does not have a LOWER function. Try LCase() instead. -- Cheryl Fischer Law/Sys Associates Houston, TX "Stenli" <svet2000@seznam.cz> wrote in message news:10b201c3626e$b613a050$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm using function LOWER to convert string i my table on > small size but Access gives me a message that the function > is not defined.Please, do you know another function? ...

Report Writer Functions #2
Where can I find instructions and examples on the various report writer functions? I've installed the SDK but I don't see anything there. The Report Writer On-line manual (Help - Printable Manuals - Reporting - Report Writer) has a fairly good description of the functions in Chapter 6. Do you look there or is there a specific function that you did not find there for which you are searching? "Elaine" wrote: > Where can I find instructions and examples on the various report writer > functions? I've installed the SDK but I don't see anything there. Hi El...

Public Function not running
Hey, I have a public function that I call from a cell. The function is: Public Function QuitTime(strQuitTime As String) As Date Dim strHour, strMin As String Dim intHour, intMin As Integer Dim dtTime As Date strHour = Left(strQuitTime, 2) strMin = Right(strQuitTime, 2) dtTime = strHour & ":" & strMin dtTime = dtTime + Range("MainSheet!B2") ' this cell contains the value today() QuitTime = dtTime End Function Anyway, I run a vlookup on this array from another sheet and when ever i run that vlookup, it makes all the cells in th...

Question on "Value" function
In trying to use Excel to help solve a mathematical puzzle, I would like to calculate the result of applying the mathematical operator in one cell to the numbers in two other cells. Example: A1 contains 2, B1 contains +, C1 contains 3. In D1, create a formula that will give the result of 2 + 3, i.e. 5. I have tried (among many other attempts) =VALUE(CONCATENATE(A1, B1, C1)), but it gives me a #VALUE! error. What am I missing? Hi this is not possible without using VBA. try the following UDF: Public Function my_calculate(op1 As Range, operand As Range, op2 As Range) my_calculate = Ap...

Office XP icons missing on Windows 7 Pro x64
I installed Office XP on a PC running Windows 7 Pro x64. The icons for the various office programs exist, but are blank. When I look at the shortcuts, it doesn't allow me to choose the location of the icon - it's greyed out. I've run windws explorer elevated, but I still can't change the icon location. If I navigate to the Winword.exe location, it has an icon. If I create a new shortcut, that new shortcut also doesn't have an icon. If I try pinning one to the start menu or taskbar, I get the same problem. I also have Outlook 2007 installed, but the icon for thi...

Windows CE R3 installation
Hi I post here yet another question about the WindowsCE 6.0 R3 instalation. I encountered the fact, that a library is updated during the R3 installation, but the corresponding source file not. I then had a look at the installer file and saw that there the source code file is missing. Well the library i am talking about is the bthci.lib and the (only one) source code file is \PRIVATE\WINCEOS\COMM\BLUETOOTH\HCI\BASE\hci.cxx Does anybody know about this inconsistency? ...

Missing engineering functions
In an earlier version of Excel, I had "engineering functions" like =dec2hex and =hex2dec. Not, in Excel 2003, I see them in the "help files' but not in my list of available formulas. How do I get them to work in Excel 2003? Thanks in advance, Geoff Waters Glendale, CA Geoff, I don't have Excel 2003, but you should be able to go to Tools | Add-ins and check mark "Analysis Took Pak" in the list that appears. Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, CA "Geoff" <grw888@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:zwfIc.299$Qu5.238@newsread2.news.pas.earthli...

Read Receipt Function in outlook
The read receipt option is no longer working in Outlook Small Business Edition for XP 2002. I have not made any recent changes to my outlook setup. Does anyone know how I can trouble shoot this? ...

Indirect and Address Functions to Determine Schedule #3
I am struggling with writing an Excel formula that I would greatl appreciate some help on. In theory this sounds quite simple. I have a table which shows th progression it takes, in months, to move from one 'level' to the next. Another larger table shows how a number of 'starting' individuals woul progress through their levels based on the progression table mentione earlier. e.g. [FONT=courier new]Progression Table[/FONT] ----------------------- Months Level One 1 Level Two 2 Level Three 3 etc. Duration Table # of People Jan Feb M...

Multiple "SUM IF" functions in one formula??
I know it can be done, Excel can do anything but I'm not sure if I can even explain it. For example, I want column D2 to display a qty IF a customer number equals a specific value AND a part number equals a specific value. Basically Column A is a list of part numbers, and Row 1 is a list of customers. I need to pull how many parts each customer has ordered. Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Dax" <dax.tipton@smc.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:593e3ca7.0408301337.7b8f6a35@posting.google.com... > I ...

Outlook today function
When I click on the customize outlook today button nothing happens. What should I do. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 You can edit the registry to make changes to Outlook Today. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/oltoday.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://ww...

apply function to multiple cells
Hi, So I want to write a function which divides every value in column A b the corresponding value in column B and I don't feel like monkey typin the formula in every cell. How can I apply this formula to all cells? I want column C to look like this. Do I need to write a loop o smthing? A1/B1 A2/B2 A3/B3 Thank -- MrXX ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MrXXX's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3124 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50916 In cell C1 enter the formula: =A1/...

Auto delete stopped functioning in Outlook 2000
Hi, I have a single install on a user PC which although the option to auto empty the waste bin is checked it is not deleting or even asking whether she is sure she wants to delete. Advice appreciated, Sam ...

"Save As" Missing in File Menu
When I go to my File menu, the "save as" option isn't there. It was there until recently. Any ideas? -z Matt, It would appear that the File menu has had that item deleted. To reset it, use menu View>Toolbars>Customize Select Worksheet Menu Bar at the bottom click Reset. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Matt Harvey" <zero@somethingsowrong.com> wrote in message news:3FC3B66A.70103@somethingsowrong.com... > When I go to my File menu, the "...