Misplacement of objects on a sheet

In Excel 2007 when loading a workbook (originally created in Excel 2000),
objects like text boxes, rectangles, etc will frequently be placed on the
sheet in the wrong place. I have posted an example at http://65.243.151.82.
Notice in the "Correct" screenshot the row of buttons. You can click any of
the buttons (which correspond to sheet names) and go to that worksheet. The
current active worksheet ("WA" in the example) is indicated by the red
background text box filling the space of the button (and circled in the
example).

In the "Incorrect" example, notice how the text box is shifted up and to the
left, and is also smaller. This happens randomly. In some cases the text
boxes on all of the worksheets are misplaced exactly as the example
(relative to their original position). Other times it might just be one or
two sheets. If I close and re-open the workbook, all is fine again (at least
for a while). I've tried deleting and re-creating the text boxes, but the
problem persists. This seems to be a bug. I have other sheets where a text
box will be in the correct position if opened with a pre-2007 version of
Excel, but much lower on the sheet when opened in 2007. Is there a place to
report bugs and such?

....kurt

0
kurtl1 (2)
3/3/2007 5:24:04 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Kurt,

I don't know specifically about 2007, but in general, Excel likes to move graphics around.
We think the cleaning lady came in and changed the code just before Excel was finalized for
release.  Grouping them solves the problem. Select them, right-click one, and choose Group.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
"Kurt" <kurtl@nospam.olypen.com> wrote in message news:12ui1jle20kn30c@corp.supernews.com...
> In Excel 2007 when loading a workbook (originally created in Excel 2000), objects like
> text boxes, rectangles, etc will frequently be placed on the sheet in the wrong place. I
> have posted an example at http://65.243.151.82. Notice in the "Correct" screenshot the row
> of buttons. You can click any of the buttons (which correspond to sheet names) and go to
> that worksheet. The current active worksheet ("WA" in the example) is indicated by the red
> background text box filling the space of the button (and circled in the example).
>
> In the "Incorrect" example, notice how the text box is shifted up and to the left, and is
> also smaller. This happens randomly. In some cases the text boxes on all of the worksheets
> are misplaced exactly as the example (relative to their original position). Other times it
> might just be one or two sheets. If I close and re-open the workbook, all is fine again
> (at least for a while). I've tried deleting and re-creating the text boxes, but the
> problem persists. This seems to be a bug. I have other sheets where a text box will be in
> the correct position if opened with a pre-2007 version of Excel, but much lower on the
> sheet when opened in 2007. Is there a place to report bugs and such?
>
> ...kurt

0
someone798 (944)
3/3/2007 4:16:30 PM
Thanks Earl, I'll give it a try.

....kurt

"Earl Kiosterud" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Kurt,
>
> I don't know specifically about 2007, but in general, Excel likes to move
> graphics around. We think the cleaning lady came in and changed the code
> just before Excel was finalized for release.  Grouping them solves the
> problem. Select them, right-click one, and choose Group.
> --
> Earl Kiosterud
> www.smokeylake.com
> "Kurt" <kurtl@nospam.olypen.com> wrote in message
>> In Excel 2007 when loading a workbook (originally created in Excel 2000),
>> objects like text boxes, rectangles, etc will frequently be placed on the
>> sheet in the wrong place. I have posted an example at
>> http://65.243.151.82. Notice in the "Correct" screenshot the row of
>> buttons. You can click any of the buttons (which correspond to sheet
>> names) and go to that worksheet. The current active worksheet ("WA" in
>> the example) is indicated by the red background text box filling the
>> space of the button (and circled in the example).
>>
>> In the "Incorrect" example, notice how the text box is shifted up and to
>> the left, and is also smaller. This happens randomly. In some cases the
>> text boxes on all of the worksheets are misplaced exactly as the example
>> (relative to their original position). Other times it might just be one
>> or two sheets. If I close and re-open the workbook, all is fine again (at
>> least for a while). I've tried deleting and re-creating the text boxes,
>> but the problem persists. This seems to be a bug. I have other sheets
>> where a text box will be in the correct position if opened with a
>> pre-2007 version of Excel, but much lower on the sheet when opened in
>> 2007. Is there a place to report bugs and such?
>>
>> ...kurt

0
kurtl1 (2)

Linked object
I have an Excel workbook with a link to another Excel file, but I don' know what's linked to that file: a formula, a graph, or what. How ca I find what is linked to that file? Thank you very much in advance!! Kind regards -- JavierF ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JavierFM's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2806 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47577 Javier, Go through each spreadsheet in turn and enter Find mode by pressing ctrl+F. In the 'Find what' ...

get Control of a Butoon placed in the Sheet
I have button placed on a sheet from "control toolbox" I need to change the caption of the button thru code. I found the following link at ozgrid . com http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74185 There I saw two approches, but both are failing for me. I tried to test with following codes. These codes are in a Module. Sub test1() Set btn = Worksheets("Selection Sheet").Shapes("Button_Proceed") MsgBox btn.OLEFormat.Object.Caption End Sub Sub test2() MsgBox Worksheets("Selection Sheet").Shapes("Button_Proceed...

Incorporating detail of one sheet into another. #2
There are 2 excel worksheet. I would like to incorporate detail of sheet 2 into sheet1. e.g Sheet2 Contain the following details A B C D E F G Agent1 Agent2 Agent3 Agent4 Agent5 1 Apple Cycle 2 Mango Car 3 Banana Bus 4 Coconut Motor and so on in coloumn c , d , e,f and g. Now what I would like to do is If in sheet 1 If I select Agent 1 all the detail of sheet2 which has column as agent1 should appear exactly as it is in sheet2. And the same thing for Column B, c ...

Stingray's MFC Objective Grid with Access 2K?
Has anyone had success using Stingray's Objective Grid v7.0 with the later versions of DAO. I've seen the suggestions to add an entry to my source to force MFC to use the later version. But, when I do this, I get a lot of crashes after compiling. I wonder if there are any mods that must also be made to the Stingray source? Thanks, Jack ...

Export The Display Name & Main SMTP Addresses Onto Excel Sheet
We have Exchange 2000 and I want to export both the Display Name & Main SMTP Address for our users onto Excel sheet. How I can do this task? Regards, "M. Zantout" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have Exchange 2000 and I want to export both the >Display Name & Main SMTP Address for our users onto Excel >sheet. How I can do this task? You can use CVSDE.exe to export to a VSV format usable by Excel -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

ledger sheets in Excel 2008?
I was reading this article http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=36905 and I noticed 'ledger sheets' in Excel 2008? What the flying hell is wrong with these people; don't they understand that ledgers live in DATABASES not in Excel? I dont think that there is a major accounting application; anywhere in the world that uses Excel as a database backend. WHY IN THE HELL DOES MICROSOFT KEEP ON TRYING TO SELL EXCEL AS A DATABASE? CANT THEY JUST MAKE A VERSION OF _ACCESS_ IN MAC OFFICE? and while you're at it.. how about a version of SQL Server that runs on Linux? I...

Unable to open an Access database object
I am not able to open an Access database object, which is in compiled project or compiled database in Microsoft Access 2002 (XP)? Getting an error message: �The database is in an unrecognized format. The database may have been created with a later version of Microsoft Access than the one you are using. Upgrade your version of Microsoft Access to the current one, then open this database.� Can anyone help me for resolving my problem? :-( Thanks in advance Suzane Brandy -- Suzane Brandy What are you trying to open it _with_? In what format was it saved (could b...

linking sheets
Hi All, How do i link my drop down list in a13 sheet 1 to column f in sheet 2. Hi Jinx if using Data Validation to create your drop down list the easiest way is to range name column F in sheet 2 (go to sheet 2, click on F, click in name box (left hand side of formula bar) type name (no spaces), press enter) then click in Sheet1!A13, choose Data / Validation, choose List - click IN the big white box, press you F3 key to bring up list of names in workbook, choose the name, click OK, click OK again and it should work fine. Hope this helps Cheers JulieD "Jinx" <anonymous@discus...

Public Folder is missing objects
I made a mistake. I was migrating from one Exchange 2003 server to another Exchange 2003 server. These were the only two servers in my structure. When I installed the second, I did not give it enough time to properly replicate all of the public folder data before I uninstalled it. Now, my public data folder on my only exchange server is corrupt. The primary indication of this (besides that I have no public folders visible in Outlook), is an error message when I click Send/Receive: "Task 'jaraco.com' reported error (0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object could not b...

Calendar objects
Hi I have a form which has 6 dates fields on it. Against each I have placed a calendar object, which work perfectly on my machine in both Access 2003 and Access 2007. However on the clients machine, when she presses the Calendar icon, the calendar is appearing odd positions. If she has Access in maximised mode, it appears right on the right hand edge of the Access application frame. If she is using Access in non-maximised mode, the calendar is appearing outside of the Access application. I have tried resizing the form to no available. I have reset my screen resolution to th...

How can I have more than 64000 rows in one sheet?
I want to import an access database in one excel sheet, it requires 200.000 rows. Any suggestions? "blafblaf" <blafblaf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3D0F75D-7F4E-4F76-95F3-72D7F3AE8D7A@microsoft.com... >I want to import an access database in one excel sheet, it requires 200.000 > rows. Any suggestions? Hi BlafBlaf, The current worksheet row limit of 65536 is not expected to be increased in the immediately foreseeable future. To import your database to Excel, it would therefore be necessary to pass 64k tranches to each of four worksheets. This...

Payroll time sheet batch
I created a time sheet batch and marked it for posting. Now when I try to call it up again in the Timesheet entry I get an error message "This Batch has been marked for posting by another user " I am the only one creating batches. Any idea how to resolve this? Thanks frank -- Vancouver, Canada ...

Sorting Sheets?
In Excel 2002 is there a way of sorting sheets other than by dragging? See www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm for sample VBA code to sort worksheets. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "rifleman" <me9@privacy.net> wrote in message news:bpikvi$1odhnd$1@ID-108938.news.uni-berlin.de... > In Excel 2002 is there a way of sorting sheets other than by dragging? > > Using VBA http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "rifleman" <me9@privacy.net> wrote in mess...

Rotaring an object
Hi, I would like to rotate a vase around so thaat it can be viewed from its different sides. I am assuming I can use 3 images (L side, front, R side and animate the transition between the images. I cant quite get it to work correctly. I have been using the stretch and collapse features but cant quite get the sequence to make it look right. Can anyone provide some guidance? It would be most appreciated. Sigi, I believe what you are trying to achieve is not possible (know someone will go and do it to prove me wrong!) - you are trying to achieve a rotation in 3D - powerpo...

Copying part of a work sheet.
I am probably missing something but I have a long 'list' in a work sheet. I want to copy it to another worksheet. More importatly I want tp present it on my web-site but have yet to find a way of copying only the rows I want on the site, not the other 400 rows underneath, rather like selecting what you want to print . ...

need macro to filter data from multiple sheets in a worksheet
In sheet 1 I have about 15,000 rows in the following columns A1(Unique id) A2 Names of persons A3 Address A4 Amount for the year 2005 A5 Amount for the year 2006 A6 Amount for the year 2007 (Blank / no date) In sheet 2 i have 22,500 rows and have following columns A1 (Unique id) A2 Names of person A3 Address A4 Amount for the year 2007 Same above column in sheet 3, sheet 4 and sheet 5 I have to update the rows of column A6 of sheet 1 through column A4 of sheet 2, sheet 3, sheet 4 and sheet 5 Please help to filter the data Hi Guys, Please help to sort the qurey. I need t...

Bizarre Behavior referencing a sheet.
The excel file that I'm working with is called: performance summary f00-w03 It has multiple sheets, like f00, w00, s00, f01,..., w03 All of the cells' values are based on formulas, like the following in the formula bar: ='ACE Program Assistant:Documents:reports:performance data:qtrly workbooks copy415:[f00 performance datac]bio20b'!Y29+'ACE Program Assistant:Documents:reports:performance data:qtrly workbooks copy415:[f00 performance datac]bio20c'!Y29 I'm working with Microsoft Excel X MAC version. My machine name is 'ACE Program assistant'. My understandi...

how to lookup value on another sheet?
I'm going to oversimply my example for the sake of making my point, so please don't ask "why bother doing that?" Sheet1 has a list of product ID (SKU) values. Sheet2 has a list of *some* of those values, plus another cell that represents the cost of that item. How can I put the cost value from Sheet2 next to the ID value in Sheet1, where Sheet2 has the cost. Example of Sheet1: ID COST 123 {the formula I want will pull the $75 value from Sheet2 data} 124 {the formula I want wont find answer in Sheet2 data} 125 {the fo...

Help with Macro in selecting sheets.
I have recorded a macro and am experiencing problems because during the recording of the macro sheet names have been hard coded. As time has progressed, extra data has been added and extra sheets have been added and therefore when I run it I get the message “Run time Error ‘9’, Subscript out of range”. When I select debug it points to the line that starts Sheets(Array("sheet 1”, “sheet 2”,….” I therefore have 2 problems:- Problem 1. Sheets("ZZZ ABC").Select Sheets("ZZZ ABC ").Copy After:=Sheets(67) Sheets("ZZZ ABC (2)").Select Sheets("...

copying rows from next sheet over
I'm trying to copy a range of rows from one sheet over from the activ sheet, and paste them onto another sheet. This is what I tried: ActiveSheet.Next.Range("a2:b100").select selection.copy However, I'm getting the error "selection method of the range clas failed" What am I doing wrong, and is there an alternative way to do this? Any help would be appreciated -- ayl32 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ayl322's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=984 View this thread: http://www.excel...

OWA - change password
Getting the "Object Required" error, when somebody is trying to change their password through OWA. (Win2003/Ex FE 2003) Any ideas what could be causing this? TIA! / Per Did you follow the steps in: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297121 ? -- Pablo D. Vernocchi Microsoft Exchange MVP MCSA + M / MCSE + Sec https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=8E94A6C0-F6D9-4686-96D5-04230CC0141F http://www.itpros.com.ar http://www.msglue.org http://msmvps.com/exchangebloglatino "Per Hagstrom" <per.hagstrom@swic.eduNOSPAM> wrote in message news:Ojo%23EozNHHA.1240@TK2...

Passing CPaintDC object pointer from one DLL to another
Hi Friends, I have a Wizard application ABC.exe that is calling a DLL (FIRST.dll) which has a class exported. This class has all pure virtual functions. Another class in the DLL is derived from CDialog and the exported class using multiple inheritance. This new CDialog based class implements those pure virtual functions. ABC.exe and FIRST.dll are compiled in VC7. There is another DLL (SECOND.dll) that exports a few APIs using Windows built in types as arguments. The SECOND.dll is compiled in VC6. From the OnPaint handler in FIRST.dll we call an onPaint exported function of SECOND.dll. Earlier...

How to change an excel sheet into a picture?
1. I get jibberish when I try to insert the excel spreadsheet into the word document. The document originated as a template chart. I'm wondering if that is messing things up. I have done this operation before at another office but am wondering if the new computers ordered here are missing something. But it is probably my lack of knowledge. If you want a picture: Select the item needed (range of cells, chart, etc) Hold down SHIFT key and click the Edit menu item - no the Copy Picture item Use either As Displayed or As Printed and click OK Go to Word and use Paste. best wishes -- Be...

How do I get a list of data on one sheet into the form on the fir.
I have a timecard form on the first tab of a workbook & the various employee crew combinations on each of the subsequent tabs (each crew on a seperate tab). How do I format the for to get the employee name info from the individual crew tab required? Let me clarify my question - I am trying to use the first tab (the form) as a constant form & just change the employees names in that specific field based on the crew I want to generate the timesheet for. The crew lists are on the sugsequent tabs. I would like to be able to select the crew & print the form with only those emp...

Finding a sheet
Since you were so quick and helpful about my index question......... If I happen to know the name of the sheet is there a way to type the first few letters of the name and then find the sheet that way? Thanks Linda Find sheet in a file? Put your cursor down in the tab area -- all way to left and right click Select sheet "Linda" <RomulanQueen@StarfleetHeadquarters.xp> wrote in message news:%23C3cN1BjDHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... : Since you were so quick and helpful about my index question......... If I : happen to know the name of the sheet is there a way to type t...