Microsoft one step ahead

http://absolute-insight.blogspot.com/2011/01/microsoft-one-step-ahead.html
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

microsoft word 2007 11-20-09
My Microsoft word freezes up all the time. I am usually right in the middle of an important paper for school and then it loses my whole document......I am really frustrated (I am running on Vista). Please help!! You shouldn't lose the entire document unless it has never been saved. If Word hangs, you should be offered an AutoRecovery backup the next time you start Word. With the AutoRecovery interval set at 10 minutes, along with frequent saves, you should never lose more than 10 minutes' work and often less. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words in...

How to determine the VIRTUAL guest is running Microsoft guest or VMWARE guest ?
i can detect a Microsoft virtual guest by the following: # this part determine whether the computer itself is a virtual guest # $r=[microsoft.win32.registrykey]::openremotebasekey([Microsoft.Win32.RegistryHive]::LocalMachine,$computer) $hostname=$r.opensubkey("SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Virtual Machine\Guest\Parameters").getvalue("HostName") How do i determine the virtual guest is a VMWARE guest ? Are there any registries to indicate ? Hello IT, > i can detect a Microsoft virtual guest by the following: > > # this part determine whether t...

How I Can Pass Microsoft Certificaton Exams in my first try ! #2
How I Can Pass Microsoft Certificaton Exams in my first try ! As a professional Microsoft sofrware engineer working in Seattle, I get MCP and MCSE.NET certification just in my first try. But why I can do that? The answer is that i have used Pass4suer.nl Microsoft Certification Training Materials. The URL is: http://www.pass4sure.nl/ And with the growing attention of candidates upon Microsoft Certification, tons of Microsoft certification practice exams spring up in the IT market. Faced with so many Microsoft study bibles, I get lost and don=92t know where to go. Under such circumstances, pas...

Microsoft CRM 2.0
Is there any walkthrough for product Microsoft CRM 2.0 that i can get to help me set the program and go through the settings and the connections??? CRM 2.0 is currently in it's beta program and only available to partners enrolled int he rpogram. If you need assistance for it, you should have been given instructions on how to get support through the Beta support site. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 10:25:06 -0700, "cretesupplies" <cretesupplies@discussions.microsoft.com>...

"Configuring Microsoft Office Basic 2007" every time I start
I added memory to my PC and Office 2003 started to misbehave (and it could not find a CAB file that was on the CD) so I removed it and upgraded to Office 2007. Now every time I start my PC it spends time configuring itself. I might add iTunes is the same. It means starting the PC is an even more laborious process than usual. Oh, and I have some annoying update to XML something or other that does not install either, and does not go away. It is ironic that the extra memory was to improve perforamnce. Every step forwards involves two steps back. Apart from swapping to App...

Interested in Microsoft CRM
My company is a Financial Services company that is interested in implementing MS CRM. This would initially be done for the Investment Advisory portion of our business and later implemented for the rest of the organization. Are there any MS CRM customers/clients in the Investment Advisory business that can comment on their deployment of MS CRM and there overall experience as far as usage of this solution? Also, can you comment on whether the solution was useful without customization or was there customization to the product. If there was customization, then how much (% amount) and wh...

Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook 05-27-10
Windows Vista Home Premium ... 64-bit Operating System Yesterday I installed a Microsoft add-in ... SaveAsPDF Today I got my first blue screen on my new computer! The computer shut down and started back up ... everything seemed fine. But now I realize I can't open Outlook. When I click the icon, Outlook start to open, I see it and then it shuts down and I get a message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window." I sure hope you can help ... Thanks Found a fix ... Re: Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook...

Multiple xls into one xls
I have 162 separate xls files that I have used for mail merges. All the fields (column headers) are identical, just the data is different. I would like to amalgamate all of these into one single xls file. How can I do this? I promise to use a database next time! :) Ron Thanks very much, quick too. :) James >-----Original Message----- >Try this > >http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm > > > >-- >Regards Ron de Bruin >(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) >www.rondebruin.nl > > > >"James Searle" <jcsearle@accommsoft.co.uk> wrote in me...

RPC over HTTPS on one server?
Hi! I want to install all only on one server: - Windows 2003 Active Directory - Exchange 2003 The users should be ablte to use RPC over HTTPS and other Exchnage 2003 services. Which steps must I follow for installation? Any good links about it? Best Regards On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 00:13:02 -0800, "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi! >I want to install all only on one server: >- Windows 2003 Active Directory >- Exchange 2003 > >The users should be ablte to use RPC over HTTPS and other Exchnage 2003 >services. > >Which steps mus...

How do i sort contacts using more than one catagory ?
I am trying to create lists which have contacts sorted by more than one catagory. So including contacts that are linked to two or more specific catagories. Can this be done, if so how? thanks "samong" <samong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01E99022-AB21-487B-9365-2E66BB0C3F1B@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create lists which have contacts sorted by more than one > catagory. So including contacts that are linked to two or more specific > catagories. Can this be done, if so how? The Category field is non-sortable because it is a multi...

Failed to create microsoft crm databases 09-12-03
Hello, I have received this error: "Failed to create microsoft crm databases. Unknown error. (80040e14)" while I was trying to install Microsoft CRM on a SBS2000 system. I could not find a way to get over it. Any sugesstions? Regards, Orkun I got the same error message last night and again this morning. CRM hadn't been working for a week or two, so I uninstalled it (using the setup.exe in the server folder), I deleted the CRM databases, got rid of the Crystal APS service (since the uninstall removed the executable, but didn't remove the service), and I've ...

Moving an Outlook account from one computer to another
We are running outlook off an exchange server. I have a couple of people moving to new computers and I want to set up their outlook to have what was there on the old box. Can you provide directions to do this Thanx If you are using Roaming Profiles and everything is kept on the Exchange server, then you won't have to do anything. If you are not using Roaming Profiles and everything is is kept on the Exchange server, then all you have to do is reconfigure their mail profile. If they kept things in pst-files as well, you'll have to copy over their pst-files and recon...

One or more of your reminders can't be snoozed or dismissed
I am receiving the following reminder when attempting to dismiss a stale reminder that only appears whenever I access my Exchange email account via Outlook Web Access: "one or more of your reminders can't be snoozed or dismissed" This reminder is for a meeting that occurred a couple of months ago. It was deleted by me in Outlook at my workstation in the office and does not physically appear on the Calendar when using Outlook at the office. It DOES appear on the calendar when accessing via Outlook Web Access from the internet but is not deletable or modifiable in any way...

Formula to enter data of one cell based on greatest amount of anot
Hello! I am looking for a formula that will search an array for the greatest number, then enter data from the corresponding cell of a different array. Try this: =3DINDEX(D:D,MATCH(MAX(A:A),A:A,0)) assuming you are looking in column A for the largest number and want the corresponding data returned from column D. If you have multiple maxima, then this will respond to the first of those. Hope this helps. Pete On Jan 13, 1:07=A0am, classroomlaw <classroom...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello! =A0I am looking for a formula that will search an array for the...

Stats microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (last 7 days) 06-28-10
"Caveat: Quantity is not necessarily a measure of Quality" Newsgroup.................: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general Stats Were Taken..........: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 08:08:46 GMT Stats Begin...............: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 08:27:33 GMT Stats End.................: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 05:30:29 GMT Days......................: 7 Total No. of Articles.....: 357 Total No. of Characters...: 1058752 Total Volume..............: 1033 Messages Per Day..........: 51.0 Characters Per Day........: 151250.3 Average Daily Volume......: 147 kB Total Posters This Week...:...

Prinding each row of Excel sheet on a seperate page dispallying one record on each pa
From a spread sheet ,I need to print out a row on each page seperately that is printout each record on the row on one page seperately. Can any one please advise how it can be done ? Fro example Row 1 Data 11 Data 12 Data 13 Row 2 Data 21 Data 22 Data 23 Row 3 Data 31 Data 32 Data 33 I would want to print out Data 11 and Data 22 on one page then Data 21 and Data 22 on the second page and data 31 and Data 33 on the third page Pleae advise if and hwo this is possible. Thank you Sanjeev --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Sorry ...

How I can modify the message of test of Microsoft Outlook?
Hi, How I can custom the message of test of icrosoft Outlook? Thanks! ...

New Microsoft Office Standard downloaded
I have a 60-day Trial Microsoft Office which has a couple of charts set up on it and is due to expire at the end of April. I just downloaded the Office disk. Will that automatically transfer over from the Trial one? I'd hate to lose the charts. Linda The files you made should have been stored in your Document folder. Installing software has no effect on files in this folder. best wsihes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "LindaPalmer" <LindaPalmer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B...

Look at these critical update from the Microsoft Corporation
--jznifuoxvz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="diozkibvibhwvjll"; type="multipart/alternative" --diozkibvibhwvjll Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="kjixojqf" --kjixojqf Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to h...

Increasing Membership Expiration Date one year upon renewal
On a form called Members I have a field named ExpDate, as well as a button that opens a payment form. On the payment form, there are check boxes for new and renewal. as well as a button to close the payment form (and return to the Members form). How can I have the ExpDate on the Members form increase one year if the renewal check box is "true" on the payment form? Am I asking too much? If so, I'm willing to put a button on the Members form that would increase the ExpDate by a year. I did find "DateAdd( "yyyy", 1, ExpDate)" but couldn't make it work ...

.xls changes sizes from one computer to another
An excel worksheet that we use prints out nicely on one computer; however, when another user accesses it off of the network and does a print preview, the columns of the worksheet squash together in the middle of the worksheet into and only by reducing the view by 99% is the second user able to print correctly. I don't know the circumstances regarding this but I am told this is the way it has always been. Any input would be greatly appreciated. ...

Entourage has stopped retrieving just one certain person's email
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Email Client: pop I have been receiving all my emails normally apart from just one sender, who i previously had no problems with. The email is sitting in my inbox when i log in via the browser account, however it just doesnt get sent directly from the sender. if I then send this person's email to myself, it gets delivered to my inbox. THe problem ahs only started in the last week, no settings have been changed and every other email is getting delivered. <br> My hosting provider says it is not their issue and they don...

can one cell contain more than one independent number
A cell can contain several numbers, separated by space characters or line breaks (Alt+Enter). However, if you want to perform calculations on the numbers, it's best to keep them in separate cells. John K wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html there's also the option a using matrix formula (list of data) for example you may enter ={1;2;3} in a single cell or selection 'and validate wih CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER but the manipulation of this kinda of formula need to read more about it... ...

Step Line Charts
Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vertical. Hi Carrie, You Will need some form of extra data to get excel to create a step chart. Take a look at these methods. (http://www.andypope.info/charts/stepchart.htm) Carrie wrote: > Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vert...

Using Outlook 2003 in terminal server with Microsoft Exchange 2010
I recently installed Exchange Server 2010 on my business network. After doing so, a few itmes are not functioning properly in the Terminal Server mode. When deleting a message, it does not go away until the user clicks on either another message or scolls down to another message. When arranging a list of messages in other oreders rather than by receive date, a user can not use the bar to move to any point in the list. The list just reverts back to its original position. Documentation on Exchange server 2010 is very difficult to find, at least it is for me. Can you help? -- ...