Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close

When I close the excel application window return the following error message:

Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry
for the inconvenience.

AppName: excel.exe	 AppVer: 10.0.6713.0	 ModName: msvcrt.dll
ModVer: 7.0.2600.3085	 Offset: 00037efb

I tried to lookup this error in the Knowlwdge Base from Microsoft but I
cann't found how to fix the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.

0
Sergio1 (15)
2/26/2009 1:54:02 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Maybe try running Detect and Repair.

Goto the Help menu, select Detect and Repair

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Sergio" <Sergio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I close the excel application window return the following error
> message:
>
> Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are
> sorry
> for the inconvenience.
>
> AppName: excel.exe AppVer: 10.0.6713.0 ModName: msvcrt.dll
> ModVer: 7.0.2600.3085 Offset: 00037efb
>
> I tried to lookup this error in the Knowlwdge Base from Microsoft but I
> cann't found how to fix the problem.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.

0
biffinpitt (3172)
2/26/2009 5:03:09 AM
Or maybe reinstall Excel?

"Sergio" wrote:

> When I close the excel application window return the following error message:
>
> Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry
> for the inconvenience.
>
> AppName: excel.exe	 AppVer: 10.0.6713.0	 ModName: msvcrt.dll
> ModVer: 7.0.2600.3085	 Offset: 00037efb
>
> I tried to lookup this error in the Knowlwdge Base from Microsoft but I
> cann't found how to fix the problem.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.

0
BillyLiddel (193)