Merging multiple workbooks into one master workbook

How do I merge/link (if that is the correct term) 6 individual
workbooks into one master workbook?  Each workbook including the master
has the same columns but different number of rows.  I've read through
alot of the newsgroup postings, did searches online as well as bought a
book to figure this out, but is there a way to do this without having
advanced programming knowledge, which I don't have?

Each individual workbook is for each employee, password protected on
the public drive.  Instead of having to go into each workbook, I want
to create a master workbook that can either merge/consolidate all
information from these 6 workbooks (only one worksheet per workbook)
into one worksheet in the master workbook, OR merge/consolidate each
workbook into the master workbook with 6 worksheet.  Given that this is
sales data, each workbook content will vary.

Any specific step by step will be helpful.  Thank you!

sumichung (4)
5/25/2006 5:18:44 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi

Take a look at Ron de Bruin's site for some excellent code examples to
achieve this.
http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary2.htm

--
Regards

Roger Govier

<sumichung@gmail.com> wrote in message
> How do I merge/link (if that is the correct term) 6 individual
> workbooks into one master workbook?  Each workbook including the
> master
> has the same columns but different number of rows.  I've read through
> alot of the newsgroup postings, did searches online as well as bought
> book to figure this out, but is there a way to do this without having
> advanced programming knowledge, which I don't have?
>
> Each individual workbook is for each employee, password protected on
> the public drive.  Instead of having to go into each workbook, I want
> to create a master workbook that can either merge/consolidate all
> information from these 6 workbooks (only one worksheet per workbook)
> into one worksheet in the master workbook, OR merge/consolidate each
> workbook into the master workbook with 6 worksheet.  Given that this
> is
> sales data, each workbook content will vary.
>
> Any specific step by step will be helpful.  Thank you!

roger5293 (1125)
5/25/2006 7:37:16 AM
Thanks!  I'm not good at code at all, is this the only option?

0
sumichung (4)

How set -send on behalf- for multiple mailboxes at the same time.
See question. "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote: >See question. See answer? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.pott@getronics.com Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com Sorry I mean see title: How set "send on behalf" for multiple mailboxes at the same time. It seems one can only perform this setting per mailbox? Windows 2003 , Exchange Server 2003 R...

Checking formulas accross multiple sheets
Can anyone tell me a fast way to check the accuracy of multiple formulas accross multiple worksheets? I have a workbook with about 50 to 60 worksheets in it and I need to check all the formulas for accuracy. Thanks in advance! Rick --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I have no idea how you would check a formula for accuracy. Can you provide further insight what you mean. What you are looking for, and how you would do this manually. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Sea...

Workbook language translation
For what I can see, it looks as if this happens because of Unicode and the language set used in the sending and receiving computers, but I not sure. Is there some other place during the transmission over the Internet that the language translation takes place? So my question is: How does an Excel workbook get translated from one language to another? Thanks for any help you may provide, Ron I would imagine that the function names like SUM and IF and LEFT etc are stored within the Excel file as tokens, i.e. each is given a numeric code by Excel when you enter a formula into a ...

Aways open workbook on sheet 1 ???
Hi I have a multi-sheet workbook which performs various calculations o each sheet Is it at all possible to make the work book allways open on sheet even if the last save was on sheet 4 for example Sheet 1 is like the "home page" for the work book Thank -- benson6 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- benson68's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3034 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50005 I think this should work for you - Code: -------------------- Private Su...

Archiving linked workbooks
Hi all, I am fairly new to excel and need some help. I have a workbook 'Reports' that has links to another workbook 'Workings' the w/b 'reports have seven worksheets one for each day of the week, I need to beable to archive this w/b at the end of every week,so 1) I need to save the workbooks to the same folder but each with a different file name. 2) I need to break the links and just send the data, as the original w/b will be cleared to use again. can this be done if so how? --------- Message sent via www.excelforums.com H After you have saved the workbook with di...

Sharing workbook with macros
I have an excell workbook I need to share on my LAN. While designing I needed to use a little VBA code for some operations. Is there any way I can share this worksheet allowing changes by multiple users and run it's macros for operations? Tnks! ...

Merging Documents
-- I have created two different Publisher documents that I want to merge into one document. Can this be done? What version Publisher? There is a method here http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs There is always the copy/paste. Edit, Office Clipboard, you can collect 24 items. Select all on a page, group, copy. This will not work correctly if the text boxes are linked. I have a way on my web page, it is not for the faint of heart. http://msauer.mvps.org/combining_publisher_documents.htm -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ginport" <ginport@discussions.micro...

Multiple defines
I have a problem that seems to come and go. Sometimes when I compile and link my program I get the following two errors: nafxcw.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void * __cdecl operator new(unsigned int)" (??2@YAPAXI@Z) already defined in LIBCMT.lib(new.obj) nafxcw.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl operator delete(void *)" (??3@YAXPAX@Z) already defined in LIBCMT.lib(delete.obj) When these errors first showed up, I did not know what to do. I tried recompiling and I tried removing parts of my program trying to find what code was causing the problem. The...

Multiple domain hosting
I am getting ready to host 2 domains on my exchange 2k3 standard server. This domain will only be needed by a small subset of my users however. I am just wondering, after i insert the second domain under the default recipient policy and restart the recipeint update service. Will this add the username@seconddomain.com under all the users email addresses. Or will i get to specify who get the address. Thanks You should be able to locate all of the Hosting articles at this URL: http://www.microsoft.com//serviceproviders/hostedexchange/default.asp "mikea" wrote: > I am ge...

Trying to merge or at least import (I suppose)
I have a dual boot of XPP SP2 on C:\ and Vista on E:\. I have Outlook Express accounts on both, and what I would like to do is the most efficient way to import (have never done that) or burn by .dbx folders to DVD or zip them and email them so that if I can't merge the two OE mail accounts with same address via one ISP I could at least have them side by side. I also wondered had if I were to make a different email profile in Vista, if I could access that email account in XP if I also made the same address in XP (probably not is the answer to my last sentence). I also want to do ...

Handling inventory for locations inside one store
Hi everyone, It's doing my head in trying to work this out. I want to set up POS to maintain an inventory of items within the one store in different locations. For example, take a supply of identical phone cards. Some may be kept in the safe, others in the manager's office, and some in each cash drawer. As soon as a POS terminal runs out, it will retrieve more from another location - the safe, or maybe the POS next to it, etc. The only way I could think of approaching this is have different item entiries for each location and update the invenotory for each item (location) each...

Exclude one calendar from being sychronized with Exchange Server
Hello Is it possible to exclude one Outlook calendar (folder) from being sychronized with the Exchange Server? Suppose I have two Outlook calendars set up: one for work-related appointments, one for private appointments. Now, I would like have my work calendar to be sychronized with the Exchange Server at work, but not the private calendar. Is that possible? System: - Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2007 - Exchange Server 2003 (I cannot change anything on the Exchange Server) Thank you Sagi Hello, I don't think it is possible within the Exchange-Mailbox-account in Outlook, but you could ...

macro for inserting one row between different data
Hi, I am using excel 2003, my file looks like below order no invoice no amount 123 S1000 $10 234 S1000 $20 456 S1001 $30 123 S1001 $40 I want to use a macro to insert a blank row to separate different invoice no, how to write it ? Thanks eva cheng Hi, I have assumed your invoice numbers are in column B Sub Insert_Rows() 'insert a row at every name change in a column B Dim X As Long Set Sht = Sheets("Sheet1") MyColumn = "B" For X = Sht.Cells(Rows.Count, ...

how does one convert a publisher file into a jpeg or gif file for.
for recipients with older email versions, such as Outlook 2000? I need to convert a multiple page publication, not just the first page. >-----Original Message----- >for recipients with older email versions, such as Outlook 2000? >I need to convert a multiple page publication, not just the first page. >. > Your question is puzzling. First you are rambling about convert "publisher file into a jpeg." If you are using Publisher 2003, choose Save as from the File drop down menu and in Save as type box, scroll down to JPEG File Interchange Format (* .jpg). I have no ide...

workbook alignment
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel In my workbook, one cell continues to be out of alignment with all the other cells in that column. It doesn't matter how many times I change it, it always goes back to the left when I need it on the right. If I try to change it using &quot;Style&quot; that changes all my workbook although I need a different alignment in some columns. Is there an easy way around this? download excel sheet 2008 frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.mac.office.excel/workbook-alignment Chances are you ha...

moving data from one server to another with difference in collatio
Hi all I am facing a problem...which is summed up as follows...I am moving data from one server to another....they both have GP 8.0 and SQL 2000 installed on same plateform..however the SQL collation is different...the new server has Arabic collation which we want it to be like this...and the old server has English collation...so taking a backup and restoring it won't work...so I used DTS to transfer the data and I succeeded up to this step....however when I try to logon on GP with the ‘sa’ user...I get this error “Your SQL Server Login record is not a valid user record in great p...

Working from a master list within different workbooks.
Hello, I have read through many posts and have not yet found my particular question addressed even in an oblique way. I am a landscape architect, my plans contain a wide variety of plant species, varities, and sizes. I would like to create a master list of all species names, varieties and sizes, such that for each project I can open a new workbook and populate the list of plants with use of my mouse with no keyboard entries necessary. There are three variables for each entry: species (Acer rubrum) variety ('October Glory') and size (2-2.5" caliper), such that for any give...

Sending mail to multiple contacts
Hi- I often send mail to a whole group by category. So, I sort by category and choose the category then choose "send new message to contact". This puts everyone in the "To" field. My problem is that some of these contacts have more than one email address (i.e. email1 and email2 etc.). I want to be able to send email to both addresses, but it doesn't allow that, I only get one of the two. Is there a workaround for this so I can get both Email1 and Email2? Thanks Doug Only if you create duplicate contacts with a different default address. Another way to go would be to...

Pasting a value into multiple cell addresses
I have a range of cells (a3,c3,e3,a12,c12 etc) containing variable cell references. I would like to be able to go to/lookup a Target Worksheet and enter the date in that cell. The formula below returns now() in my target sheet. sub enterdate() Application.Goto Worksheets("Target") _ .Range(Worksheets("Source").Range("a3").Value), True ActiveCell = Now() End sub Is there a way to speed this up by doing the other cells in the source worksheet (ie c3,e3,a12,c12 etc) at the same time? Thank you try this without even going to the worksheet Wor...

Is any one using Netzero in Outlook?
I have a non Netzero email account I'd like to check in Outlook 2002 while connected to the Internet through Netzero. I've input the incoming mail information for my non Netzero mail server. Then I put in the Netzero mail server for outgoing. I always receive an error and cannot send email. I'd tried several variations of this setup but nothing seems to work. I did have it working at one point but it stopped for some reason and hasn't worked again. It only worked for a few minutes. Outlook works fine if I'm setting up my Netzero account for incoming/outgoing mail ser...

Multiple device using USB8023/Rndis driver (WinCE6.0)
Hi, All, I am adding usb-to-ethernet support to my WinCE 6.0 image. I got it to work after some searches on the web. What I did was to modify registry by adding: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\Default\2\default\USB8023] "DLL"="USB8023.DLL" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\ClientDrivers\USB8023] "DLL"="USB8023.DLL" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\USB8023] ;LOC_FRIENDLYRNDISHOST "DisplayName"=mui_sz:"netmui.dll,#9002" "Group"="NDIS" "ImagePath"="USB8023.DLL&quo...

Best way to print multiple booklets?
I would like to print multiple copies of the same booklet on my laser printer. I want to print hopefully one page, ten copies of each, then reinsert the paper and print the other side. Hopefully, I would like to do this for booklets up to 32 or more pages. Is there a good way to do this? -- -- Robert Pearson ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net Creative Virtue Press/Telical Books/Regenerative Music http://www.rspearson.com I know that you said that you wanted to print them on your printer, but consider: Do you have a stapler that will reach to the center? Will you be ...

Merge cases / items into cases
Hi, With Dynamics CRM 3.0, is it possible to either merge cases in their entirety, or merge additional items into a case? By additional items I mean, for example, I have an ongoing case with a customer but then they send me a new email (that doesn't have the CRM tags) - can I merge that email into the existing case? Cheers. You can append the email to the case (providing the case is still open). To do this, set the Regarding field of the email -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk Blog: http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ "Wayno" wrote: ...

This is a hard one...
I have an excel sheet with information about inventory products. The list was origonally one worksheet. I broke up this work sheet into 6 different worksheets on the basis of the type of product it is. I now have to update one column of the original data. Is there a way to quickly and easily update a specific field WHERE one field equals another field? I would simply copy and paste the new field but now that i broke them up into different worksheets, they are not in the same order and it will no longer work. Thanks marc -- goodfella -------------------------------------------------...

One user unable to see reports
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem - a user is unable to view reports. Going to Workplace->Reports results in the "Server Error in '/' Application." error message. Sometimes the records page does load, but the list of reports is empty. Also, context sensitive reports don't show up in their regular places - in fact the reports button is completely gone from the forms that usually have it. I've tried other user logins and they have no problem viewing reports. Only this particular user has the error. Reports has been working for t...