Merging 2 Spreadsheets w/ referencing

I have two tab delimited spreadsheet files of a product database. My
MAIN concern here is that I need to import the prices from one
spreadsheet, to a specific column in my original spreadsheet, and I
need those prices to correspond with the respective product IDs. Is
this possible ??? thanks in advance guys!

My main spreadsheet (tab delimited file) I have it setup as
follows:

A                             B                           C

ProductID49483     Brief Description     Image.jpg           3.00
ProductID93094     Brief Description     Image.jpg           5.00
ProductID30940     Brief Description     Image.jpg           8.00

my alternate spreadsheet (tab delimited file) is as follows:

A                              B

ProductID49483      4.50
ProductID93094      8.50
ProductID30940      9.50

I want to make it so that I can Import my alternate spreadsheet into my

main spreadsheet, but I only want it to alter column D on my main
spreadsheet (changing prices). I need a macro, or a formula which will
import column B from my alternate spreadsheet into column D in my main
spreadsheet. I also need this macro/formula to be able to correspond
the price with the correct productID...so it changes the correct
product to its designated price.

0
cbran (4)
12/28/2006 6:55:05 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Chris

One possible solution is to import the two worksheets and then use vlookup
on the prices sheet.

The vlookup whould be something like in cell e1:
=vlookup(a1, '[prices.xls]sheet1'!A:B,2,false)

and then copy down.
--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

"ChrisB" wrote:

> I have two tab delimited spreadsheet files of a product database. My
> MAIN concern here is that I need to import the prices from one
> spreadsheet, to a specific column in my original spreadsheet, and I
> need those prices to correspond with the respective product IDs. Is
> this possible ??? thanks in advance guys!
>

> My main spreadsheet (tab delimited file) I have it setup as
> follows:
>
> A                             B                           C
>

> ProductID49483     Brief Description     Image.jpg           3.00
> ProductID93094     Brief Description     Image.jpg           5.00
> ProductID30940     Brief Description     Image.jpg           8.00
>

> my alternate spreadsheet (tab delimited file) is as follows:
>

> A                              B
>

> ProductID49483      4.50
> ProductID93094      8.50
> ProductID30940      9.50
>

> I want to make it so that I can Import my alternate spreadsheet into my
>
> main spreadsheet, but I only want it to alter column D on my main
> spreadsheet (changing prices). I need a macro, or a formula which will
> import column B from my alternate spreadsheet into column D in my main
> spreadsheet. I also need this macro/formula to be able to correspond
> the price with the correct productID...so it changes the correct
> product to its designated price.

routing issue #2
we have two routers, one is attached to an ISA server which is used mainly for the internet one is attached to the exchange server which is used solely for email the exchange server is sending mail throo the ISA router server - how can i make it use the exchange router ? - the IP of the ISA router is showing in the email headers mark Hi, I presume the default gateway of the Exchange server is the ISA router? Therefore it will always route through it. This is all theory, as I haven't got the time to test it at the moment: Add another IP to your Exchange server, which DFG is the r...

=?iso-8859-1?Q?=22microsoft_office_document_imaging=22_documents=3F?= #2
Is there a program available for Mac that can read "microsoft office document imaging" documents? I have a number of email attachements sent to me with "filename.mdi" that I need to open Can they be opened on a Mac running OS X? ...

Date format problem #2
Dear All, Please suggest me the solution of my problem, as i m handling data for 60,000 in no.Some body in data entry has enter the date in a cell in gernal format e.g 20.03.2003 tht is 20th march 2003, i wnt to convert in the date fomat,like 3/20/03.. i tried ..but i failed to tht please suggest some alternative solution for tht..becoz it is not possible to do it mannually waiting for the response Thanks NISHANT Nishant Try using Data/Text to Columns. and assign the information as a date. Andy. "Nishant" <nishant.khare@wipro.com> wrote in message news:090201c37ce0$1b...

Pivot table sorting #2
Hello, I have a pivot table report for partnumber and values. This report is based on a database containing details like partnumber source import flag Description total value... etc. In my report i would like to sort the table in descending order of total value. I have tried advanced option by double clicking the total value field and changing the autosorting option to descending(total). But i am not getting the required result. My version of excel is Microsoft office excel 2003. Pivot table report is given below Source (All) Imp (All) Sub (All) Description (All) ...

convert time into decimal #2
=IF(E44="","X",E40-E44) the formula above where E40 is the time now, and E44 is the time of 2 hours ago. I want to return 2 instead of 2:00 PM. How do I do this? I do this but it does not work (E40-E44)*24. ...

comapring 2 seperate workbook
HELP!!! Is there any way you can compare 2 workbooks. for example, would be looking for a match (of values) from single columb o workbook 'a' to values of single columb from workbook 'b'. When eve there is a match between these two, maybe I can write it on ne workbook?(automatically). Or if there is any other tricks, please le me know. (I am sick of comparing it maually and when there is a match I am cutting and pasting to new workbook) -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi as a starting point have a look at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#Ex...

CRM 1.2 SBS 2003 Can not install exchange email router
Logged on as domain admin throughout. Installed CRM successfully, followed install instructions, did not install to local host installed web to a hostheader of "companyweb" port 80. during Exchange email router setup I get an error when specifying CRM server and web - "one or more os the MS CRM servers you listed is invalid or you do not have administrator priveleges on that server...." server name: sbssrb01 web http://companyweb If I go into IIS can not open CRM web get - http Error 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. All services are on 1 server "sbssrv01&qu...

Percentage formula in Excel spreadsheet
Hi, In my spreadsheet cell E14 adds up E2 - E14 and cell C14 adds up C2 - C14. In G14 I have put a formula to show the difference between E14 and C14 as a Percentage ( formula for G14 is =SUM(E14-C14)/ABS(E14) ). When the Formula for G14 looks at E14 and C14 all it sees is a SUM formula to add up the column. Does anyone know how to solve this problem. Many thanks for looking. Rick Not sure I understand the problem; tell us what answer or error you ar getting. Also, don't you mean you are summing C2:C*13* in C14 and E2:E*13* i E14? Oh, and you can get rid of the Sum - this ...

arrow keys #2
To move from cell to cell, I used my arrow and enter keys. They no longer work in Excel. I have to click on each cell to get there. Do you know how to fix it? Thanks. What happens when you use the arrow key? Check if your scroll lock is on or if you have something under tools>options>transition -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Shirley Smith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:079201c3af8e$fa3acc00$a001280a@phx.gbl... > To move from cell to cell, I used my arrow and enter > keys. They no longer work in Excel. I have to click on > eac...

numerals in a mail merge
Word 2003 on Windows XP I have some numbers with varying numbers of decimals. I have them in Excel. I formated them with two decimal places. When I bring them in to Word as a data source, they are showing a larger number of decimal places in some cases. 0.2 in Excel may come out as .200000000001, for example. ( I am guessing at the number of zeroes) Next, I copied the numbers and pasted them in NotePad to lose any formating and then pasted them into a new spreadsheet. But when I bring these into a mail merge, I am getting the same results. What am I doing wrong? I would l...

How do I add up a column of figures? on excell spreadsheet
I am doing my accounts in an excell spreadshee and want to add the coloumn of figures where my income is. How do I do it. Normally I would go to formula and just say add, but it does not work the smae on my home computer. Thank you. Dxx Dorothy, use sum, something like =SUM(A1:A100) -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Dorothy" <Dorothy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2BA003FD-0A58-48B...

RPC over HTTP Advanced Server w/ Advanced Server & Exchange 2k3
Is is possible to implement RPC without installing Advanced Server 2003? I'm still using Server 2000 but have just upgraded my exchange to 2003. Thanx Requirements to use RPC over HTTP To use RPC over HTTP, your computers must meet the following requirements. Server requirements Your computer must be running Microsoft Windows Server 2003. You must install Windows Server 2003 on the computers that are running Exchange Server 2003. RPC over HTTP requires Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003. RPC over HTTP also requires Windows Server 2003 in a Global Catalog role. Client requ...

mail merge #19
I am trying to print 220+ newsletters with mail merge. in the past (without mail merge) they have printed form my computer to the copier (Toshiba estudio 3511) with out problems. they are 4 pages, ledger paper with a fold in the middle. when I tried to print them with mail merge, if I ask it to fold, it printed all the newsletters folded them in half all together. is there a way to print them individually, or is there a setting in publisher somewhere that will keep them from printing alltogether? From Ed Bennett: Publications are not individually collated and stapled when you use t...

any one have a clue how to sync 2 copies of outlook
laptop and desktop I want to sync up the outlook on both. any clues/? hints? thanks Hi Paul, Have a look at www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm or at my signature for a powerful tool. -- Thomas Wetzel www.synchpst.com Synchronize and backup Outlook ...

Joining Win 7 to SBS 2003
I've joined a windows 7 professional 64 bit client to an SBS 2003 Premium server...it joined fine, as far as can be seen, except for 2 issues: - The User Account Control window pops up on each login showing, "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer" and the program is, "Windows Small Business Server 2003 with Service Pack 1" I've tried clicking "YES" several times and each reboot brings up the same question. - Offline files doesn't seem to be setup. I've had this issue before when joining computers...

Can a Works spreadsheet be password protected?
I've looked in every menu and tried the help function in MS Works and cannot find a way to password protect a spreadsheet. It is possible to password protect an MS Works spreadsheet? I don't believe so, but you would be better served in the MS Works news group. http://aumha.org/nntp.htm For a full list of MS Public News Groups Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 1 May 2006 10:19:02 -0700, bucksguy14 <bucksguy14@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I've looked in every menu and tried the help function in MS Works and cannot >find a way to password protect a spreadshe...

Oulook & 2 exchanges (!)
Quick question I hope We have two sites, different domains, two Exchange servers, vpn connection between them (not set up yet)Is it possible to set up outlook so that it read mail from both domains? Use two profiles. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Stormy asked: | Quick question I hope | We have two sites, different domains, two Exchange servers, vpn | connection between them (not set up yet)Is it possible to s...

Help! w/ Outlook 2000
Outlook will not save my password even though the box is checked and the password is in there it asks for it everytime I send/receive Please help If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 patches, then see if this article addresses your problemL OL2002: The Save Password Setting Is Not Saved When You Connect to a POP3 Server http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290684 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Nicole <anonymous@...

View Running Slow w/ Unqualified Order By
Suppose I have a view named "Stuff". When selecting from the the view like this, select * from stuff order by Id the query runs very slow. However when I qualify the Id column with one of the aliases in the underlying query of the view like this select * from stuff order by s.Id the query runs 10-12 times faster. Why is that? Cheers, Aeden Hi I think that it because of SQL Server does not need to get to the datapages ('touching' the table) to return the data (RID) but traverse trou the index pages to to get the data (the column ID to satisfy...

Data Merge into a table in Word
Hi! Help! How do I get my data records(from Excel) to merge into a table in consecutive row format, so that each record does not start on a new page....in a new table HELP! I'm by no means an expert, but for freeform merging (i.e., not envelopes, labels, or form letters), I think you need to tell the Data Merge Manager than you are creating a catalog. By consecutive row format, do you mean an entry in the first cell of each row? I think Word basically takes what you give it and duplicates it for each record. I just managed to do that, so perhaps you had typed some enters after the ...

combining spreadsheets
I have 100 separate spreadsheets. I need to get one column out of each of the spreadsheets (the same column in each of the spreadsheets) and combine them into a new spreadsheet. Does anyone know the solution? Thanks in advance for your help. Hi Create a new workbook, ALT F11 to open Visual Basic Editor, Insert / Module and copy/paste the following macro: -- Sub CopyCol() Dim Directory As String Dim MainSht As Worksheet Dim Col As Range Dim c As Integer Dim i As Integer Directory = "C:\TEMP\Excel" Set MainSht = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(1) c = 1 Application.ScreenUpdating = False...

CRM 1.2 Report Pack (Cannot attach sample database)
Hi, I have been trying to attach SRS sample database into SQL server but cannot succeed. The error message I have is: "The name you've specified is duplicate with another database which already exists. Please specify a different database name." For the "Adventure_Works_Cycle_MSCRM.mdf" file, I assume I can attach it no problem, because there is a check mark next to Current File(s) location field. However, I got the red cross mark for the "Adventure_Works_Cycle_MSCRM_log.LDF" file. If I keep hitting ok button to attach it, I will get t...

Flags and reminders #2
Good morning! First post - hope someone has the answer. I recieve reminders about my e-bills. I have set them to flag an remind me on a date selected - at a specific time. Is there a way to set a visual reminder for this, and is there a way t make it repeat. I don't really expect a yes answer - guess I have bee spoiled by my old Daytimer program. Thanks, Andrew in AL - Neo ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com What do you mean by visual reminder? Any remin...

Validation list question #2
I have created 2 validation lists in two different cells - D & E. Cell D contains the values 10A, 10B, and 10C. In cell E, the values are 1234, 1235, 1236. The cells are related in a sense that the first value in cell D goes with the first value in cell E, and so forth. My question is: when I select any of the values in D, how do I get the value to automatically input in E? Thanks in advance, Newtechie Hi newtechie assuming that you have your validations list in a separate range (lets say on a separate sheet called 'val_list') and they are ordered like the following A ...

Problem w/custom Macro Buttons on move to Laptop
In Excel 2000 on my WinXP Pro computer I had custom macro buttons that when clicked executed the VBA code in my personal.xls file. The excel.xlb was located in c:\Documents and Setting\comp1\Application Data\Excel and the personal.xls file was located in "c:\Documents and Setting\comp1\Application Data\Excel\Xlstart". On my new laptop with Win XP Home I reinstalled Excel 2000 and put the excel.xlb file in c:\Documents and Setting\Laptop\Application Data\Excel and put the personnal.xls file into c:\Documents and Setting\Laptop\Application Data\Excel\Xlstart On the laptop when I bri...