Merge- top to bottom not left to right

I ahve a list of over 300 names that i am tryiing merge onto a ticket
format that carries 8 tickets to a page. Problem is when I try and
merge I get all the same name on the 8 tickets each page 300 times. I
want to have each name only once --or 8 names per page. If I merge and
change the format by taking and changing each of the 8 tickets ( name1,
name2, name3 etc.) That turns into me ahveing to change up all my names
by moving them from top to bottom and going left toright.
If I could just merge them eight at a time in each column that would be
great.

0
kentamos (9)
8/21/2006 4:52:43 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Since you say your list contains over 300 names, I'll assume that it's in a
single column, on a sheet other then the sheets you're attempting to create
your pages of tickets.
BUT, you subject line mentions "Merge", and "*not* left to right".

If your list is in Column A, on Sheet1, this will 'link' the original list
to a column on another sheet:

=INDEX(Sheet1!A:A,ROWS($1:1))

Copying down will duplicate your list.

Post back with the configuration of your ticket "pages" (sheets?),
describing exactly what you're trying to accomplish.
--
Regards,

RD

"NoCLUE" <kentamos@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I ahve a list of over 300 names that i am tryiing merge onto a ticket
> format that carries 8 tickets to a page. Problem is when I try and
> merge I get all the same name on the 8 tickets each page 300 times. I
> want to have each name only once --or 8 names per page. If I merge and
> change the format by taking and changing each of the 8 tickets ( name1,
> name2, name3 etc.) That turns into me ahveing to change up all my names
> by moving them from top to bottom and going left toright.
> If I could just merge them eight at a time in each column that would be
> great.

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
8/21/2006 5:57:52 PM
Yeah I was trying to keep it simple but explaining it is a little
problematic.
                                             FIRST     LAST
Ok  lets say I have in col     A1           A2
                                            John        Smith
                                            Bob         Jones
                                            etc.......
If I merge onto the tickets (8 to a page) Then it does the John Smith
thing 8 times
I want the merge sequance to then go to the next name on the page Bob
Jones for ticket number two.

I suppose I need to some way change the row and name them as opposed to
the columns but am unsure how.

I just need to do one of the names per ticket and since I can get 8 to
a page it would be nice not to have to print 300 pages just to get one
ticket. I can just print out 38 pages and then have them cut into
eights.

RagDyer wrote:
> Since you say your list contains over 300 names, I'll assume that it's in a
> single column, on a sheet other then the sheets you're attempting to create
> your pages of tickets.
> BUT, you subject line mentions "Merge", and "*not* left to right".
>
> If your list is in Column A, on Sheet1, this will 'link' the original list
> to a column on another sheet:
>
> =INDEX(Sheet1!A:A,ROWS($1:1))
>
> Copying down will duplicate your list.
>
> Post back with the configuration of your ticket "pages" (sheets?),
> describing exactly what you're trying to accomplish.
> --
> Regards,
>
> RD

> "NoCLUE" <kentamos@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >I ahve a list of over 300 names that i am tryiing merge onto a ticket
> > format that carries 8 tickets to a page. Problem is when I try and
> > merge I get all the same name on the 8 tickets each page 300 times. I
> > want to have each name only once --or 8 names per page. If I merge and
> > change the format by taking and changing each of the 8 tickets ( name1,
> > name2, name3 etc.) That turns into me ahveing to change up all my names
> > by moving them from top to bottom and going left toright.
> > If I could just merge them eight at a time in each column that would be
> > great.

0
kentamos (9)
8/21/2006 7:55:26 PM
It is best if you begin your document as though you were Mail Merging
Labels.  Create a custom label size to match your ticket size using the
"Label options..." link in your task pane.

This Mail Merge option automatically accounts for your needing to print
multiple records on the same page.  You should be able to copy/paste
any special formatting from your original ticket document without a
problem.

You will see {{Next Record}} automatically populate each record once
you've located your data source.  Then insert the appropriate fields
into the first label/ticket, and click the [Update All Labels] button
located in your Task Pane.  This will automatically take whatever
fields you placed on the first ticket and copy them into the rest of
the tickets.

Let me know if any of this doesn't make sense!

Are you saying that your names are in Column A, in this configuration:
1   John
2   Smith
3   Bob
4   Jones
5   Al
6   Brown
7   etc. ...

And you want to copy these to your "tickets" sheet in this form:

     A          B
1   John     Smith
2   Bob      Jones
3   Al         Brown
4   etc. ...   etc. ...

If I guessed right, try this in A1 of your 'tickets' sheet:

=INDEX(Sheet1!$A:$A,2*ROWS($1:1)-2+COLUMNS($A:A))

 And copy across to B1,
Then select *both* A1 and B1, and copy down as needed

--
HTH,

> Yeah I was trying to keep it simple but explaining it is a little
> problematic.
>                                             FIRST     LAST
> Ok  lets say I have in col     A1           A2
>                                            John        Smith
>                                            Bob         Jones
>                                            etc.......
> If I merge onto the tickets (8 to a page) Then it does the John Smith
> thing 8 times
> I want the merge sequance to then go to the next name on the page Bob
> Jones for ticket number two.
>
> I suppose I need to some way change the row and name them as opposed to
> the columns but am unsure how.
>
> I just need to do one of the names per ticket and since I can get 8 to
> a page it would be nice not to have to print 300 pages just to get one
> ticket. I can just print out 38 pages and then have them cut into
> eights.
>

> RagDyer wrote:
>> Since you say your list contains over 300 names, I'll assume that it's in
>> single column, on a sheet other then the sheets you're attempting to
>> create
>> your pages of tickets.
>> BUT, you subject line mentions "Merge", and "*not* left to right".
>>
>> If your list is in Column A, on Sheet1, this will 'link' the original
>> list
>> to a column on another sheet:
>>
>> =INDEX(Sheet1!A:A,ROWS($1:1))
>>
>> Copying down will duplicate your list.
>>
>> Post back with the configuration of your ticket "pages" (sheets?),
>> describing exactly what you're trying to accomplish.
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> RD

>> Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit !
>>

>> "NoCLUE" <kentamos@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> >I ahve a list of over 300 names that i am tryiing merge onto a ticket
>> > format that carries 8 tickets to a page. Problem is when I try and
>> > merge I get all the same name on the 8 tickets each page 300 times. I
>> > want to have each name only once --or 8 names per page. If I merge and
>> > change the format by taking and changing each of the 8 tickets ( name1,
>> > name2, name3 etc.) That turns into me ahveing to change up all my names
>> > by moving them from top to bottom and going left toright.
>> > If I could just merge them eight at a time in each column that would be
>> > great.

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
8/22/2006 1:11:14 AM
No actually they are

         A        B
1   John    Smith
2   Bob     Jones
etc.

I want to merge them onto a one page doc with eight tickets on it.When
I do this now it prints the John Smith 8 times. I want it to shift to
the next one on the next ticket ..on the same page.

The only way I know of is to make the columns into rows as the system
picks up each column for a whole page at a time...Thus giving me 300
pages of tickets with the same name 8 times..

I want to on have like 38 pages with 8 different names on each page.

RagDyer wrote:
> Are you saying that your names are in Column A, in this configuration:
> 1   John
> 2   Smith
> 3   Bob
> 4   Jones
> 5   Al
> 6   Brown
> 7   etc. ...
>
> And you want to copy these to your "tickets" sheet in this form:
>
>      A          B
> 1   John     Smith
> 2   Bob      Jones
> 3   Al         Brown
> 4   etc. ...   etc. ...
>
> If I guessed right, try this in A1 of your 'tickets' sheet:
>
> =INDEX(Sheet1!$A:$A,2*ROWS($1:1)-2+COLUMNS($A:A))
>
>  And copy across to B1,
> Then select *both* A1 and B1, and copy down as needed
>
> --
> HTH,
>
> RD

> "NoCLUE" <kentamos@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Yeah I was trying to keep it simple but explaining it is a little
> > problematic.
> >                                             FIRST     LAST
> > Ok  lets say I have in col     A1           A2
> >                                            John        Smith
> >                                            Bob         Jones
> >                                            etc.......
> > If I merge onto the tickets (8 to a page) Then it does the John Smith
> > thing 8 times
> > I want the merge sequance to then go to the next name on the page Bob
> > Jones for ticket number two.
> >
> > I suppose I need to some way change the row and name them as opposed to
> > the columns but am unsure how.
> >
> > I just need to do one of the names per ticket and since I can get 8 to
> > a page it would be nice not to have to print 300 pages just to get one
> > ticket. I can just print out 38 pages and then have them cut into
> > eights.
> >

> > RagDyer wrote:
> >> Since you say your list contains over 300 names, I'll assume that it's in
> >> single column, on a sheet other then the sheets you're attempting to
> >> create
> >> your pages of tickets.
> >> BUT, you subject line mentions "Merge", and "*not* left to right".
> >>
> >> If your list is in Column A, on Sheet1, this will 'link' the original
> >> list
> >> to a column on another sheet:
> >>
> >> =INDEX(Sheet1!A:A,ROWS($1:1))
> >>
> >> Copying down will duplicate your list.
> >>
> >> Post back with the configuration of your ticket "pages" (sheets?),
> >> describing exactly what you're trying to accomplish.
> >> --
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> RD
> >>
> >> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >> Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit !
> >> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >>

> >> "NoCLUE" <kentamos@gmail.com> wrote in message

0
kentamos (9)
8/23/2006 10:19:01 PM
The formula I suggested will do just what you are asking.

Have you tried it?
--

> No actually they are
>
>          A        B
> 1   John    Smith
> 2   Bob     Jones
> etc.
>
> I want to merge them onto a one page doc with eight tickets on it.When
> I do this now it prints the John Smith 8 times. I want it to shift to
> the next one on the next ticket ..on the same page.
>
> The only way I know of is to make the columns into rows as the system
> picks up each column for a whole page at a time...Thus giving me 300
> pages of tickets with the same name 8 times..
>
> I want to on have like 38 pages with 8 different names on each page.
>

> RagDyer wrote:
> > Are you saying that your names are in Column A, in this configuration:
> > 1   John
> > 2   Smith
> > 3   Bob
> > 4   Jones
> > 5   Al
> > 6   Brown
> > 7   etc. ...
> >
> > And you want to copy these to your "tickets" sheet in this form:
> >
> >      A          B
> > 1   John     Smith
> > 2   Bob      Jones
> > 3   Al         Brown
> > 4   etc. ...   etc. ...
> >
> > If I guessed right, try this in A1 of your 'tickets' sheet:
> >
> > =INDEX(Sheet1!$A:$A,2*ROWS($1:1)-2+COLUMNS($A:A))
> >
> >  And copy across to B1,
> > Then select *both* A1 and B1, and copy down as needed
> >
> > --
> > HTH,
> >
> > RD

-
> > Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit
!

-
> > "NoCLUE" <kentamos@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Yeah I was trying to keep it simple but explaining it is a little
> > > problematic.
> > >                                             FIRST     LAST
> > > Ok  lets say I have in col     A1           A2
> > >                                            John        Smith
> > >                                            Bob         Jones
> > >                                            etc.......
> > > If I merge onto the tickets (8 to a page) Then it does the John Smith
> > > thing 8 times
> > > I want the merge sequance to then go to the next name on the page Bob
> > > Jones for ticket number two.
> > >
> > > I suppose I need to some way change the row and name them as opposed
> > > the columns but am unsure how.
> > >
> > > I just need to do one of the names per ticket and since I can get 8 to
> > > a page it would be nice not to have to print 300 pages just to get one
> > > ticket. I can just print out 38 pages and then have them cut into
> > > eights.

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
8/24/2006 1:35:37 AM
My apologies, I thought you were creating your tickets in Microsoft
Word, merging your data in from Excel.  Sorry if that was confusing. :-(

Actually on both of your responses are good ideas. I have not yet. run
either. Wife had a little surgery yesterday. Will do it and report back
today. Thanks

did this last year and fully developed a working program with excel for
a Mardi Gras ticket sales with a WHOLE lot of conditional formats.
worked great. and this coming form someone who never used excel.

All your help here is amazing and thanks to you all

kfogle wrote:
> My apologies, I thought you were creating your tickets in Microsoft
> Word, merging your data in from Excel.  Sorry if that was confusing. :-(

0
kentamos (9)

Mail merge question
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C81A17.BAB51A20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I've been reading about mail merge, setting up postcards, etc. I remember doing this when I did the tutorials in Publisher 2000, but = still not sure about it (I've never had to actually use it, but have a = few ideas about using it for postcards for people I have made flyers = for) What is the best program to make the mailing list in? I now have 2007 = and have Word (I know enough about to...

Merge Cells #5
I know how to merge two cells using formula =A1&B1, but can someone tell me how to insert spacing between the two within the new cell. I'm merging a part number and description, and need spacing between them. Use =A1&" "&B1 the " " is showing that you want to insert text, and that the text is a space character. It could be "-" or ".", etc. "R. Stevens" <R. Stevens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B02E936E-5947-4F1B-A8E5-F5A30343E549@microsoft.com... > I know how to merge two cells using formula =...

Bottom double border not functioning properly
I have Excel 2002. I have placed a "bottom double border" icon on my toolbar. When I click on that icon, I get a "bottom border" which is a single border. I am, however, able to format the cell with a bottom double border if I use the cell format border function. I have used the bottom double border icon successfully many times in the past on other computers and with other versions of Excel. Any ideas? Thanks, Jim Kirby It's a bug. The following thread has a suggested workaround: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3C59F286.DB7C606A%40msn.com JI...

merging cells and maintaining the fonts size of each cell
I am merging cells but lose the font styles of each of the merged cells in the new cell Is there a way to keep them maintained? Are you concatenating the values in the cell using a formula? Like: =a1&b1&c1 If yes, then formulas won't retain the styles/formats of their dependent ranges. dick wrote: > > I am merging cells but lose the font styles of each of the merged cells in > the new cell > Is there a way to keep them maintained? -- Dave Peterson Can you suggest a way other than the formula below to achieve my result? "Dave Peterson" wrote: > ...

right click menu excel
In excel I maked a right click menu with variabel values. After all, I found that menu in the whole application, this was not my intention. I deleted het menu, bad done, because I can't reset 'm. What's the way to call back the default right click excel menu ? Re-install office didn't helped. "application.commandbars("Cell").reset" also not. Jo The "reset" probably OK but just not enabled. Open the immediate window in VBE and enter application.commandbars("Cell").enabled = true Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 3 May 2005 12:46:18 ...

Sync the right O/L 2007 to blackberry
I have 2 accounts in my outllook 2007. Personal folders and a hotmail account linked by microsoft connector. In account settings personal folders personal folder refers to a .pst filename in outlook. Sync finds this fine. For the hotmail account it says filename unavalable. I think I need to give my hotmail account a data file. I've tried changed the default to the hotmail account but doesn't make any difference. I've spent literally days on this and go through loads and loads of stuff but I do think I'm getting there as at least I've got the BB to sync with outlook. Ju...

Merging Accounts #4
I'm using Money Small Business 2005. For some reason, my business checking account is no longer updating, but a new account has appeared (I didn't set it up) from the same bank and is updating. They are both the same account. I figure if I merge them together, I will be back to "normal". However, this new account that magically appeared shows up as a Personal account so I cannot merge them. Can I change that? I tried deleting both of the accounts in order to make a new one that is correct, but then my Accounts Receivable got really screwed up so I restored my file fro...

What is the SalesStage in the lower right hand corner of Opportuni 09-01-05
When I open an opportunity, there is a read-only text on the lower right hand corner says: "Sales Stage: None", when the actual Sales Stage on the form is something else, for example "In Progress". Does anyone know where does this sales stage come from? How is its value set? And why is it not in synch with the Sales Stage on the form? its possible that someone has entered their own sales stage text. Go to customization and confirm the schema name for the field -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Jamie" <Jamie@discussions....

Stop placing photo "inline" at bottom of text body
I have searched for and read a lot about this. No matter what I do when using Windows Live Mail, after I send an email with an attached file that happens to be a .jpg file, when I look at my copy of the email in my sent folder, I see that the photo is visible at the bottom of my text body. I am not able to stop this. I use recent non-beta Windows Live Mail, recent non-beta IE8, I attach the file with alt-I, A or its equivalent, I send the email as "text" and not "HTML", I do not sign in to Live Mail, I am set to "do not sign in" in one of the setting...

Scrollbar on Chart Jumps to Left when Chart is Clicked
I fiddled around with 'offset' and a scrollbar, and now I can change the range of my chart just by clicking on the scrollbar. However, there is a problem with placement. If I click on the chart, and move the scrollbar to where I want it, when I click *OFF* the chart, the scroll bar moves about double the distance from top left that it was when the chart was clicked. It's like the scrollbar thinks I'm doubling the size of the chart when I click off the chart. If I position the scrollbar past halfway from top left, when I click off the chart the scrollbar total...

What is the right way to create xml from dataset in C#? thanks!
In my code, I use this code to create a xml string and then load it into a xmldocument. for(int i=0;i<sqlReader.FieldCount;i++){ rowxml+="<"+sqlReader.GetName(i)+">"+(!sqlReader.IsDBNull(i)?sqlReader.GetVa lue(i).ToString().Replace("&","&amp;").Replace("<","&lt;").Replace(">","&gt; "):"")+"</"+sqlReader.GetName(i)+">"; } but it can not create xml node if the return text include characters like �P���D�ف����� my question is is there a more effic...

merging customer records
I have two customers once they were listed as Mike Smith and one time Michael Smith. I would like to merge these two customers so that I have a full total of how much money they have spent with me in one place. Is there a way to do this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. Mike Mike V wrote: > I have two customers once they were listed as Mike Smith and one time Michael > Smith. I would like to merge these two customers so that I have a full total > of how much money they have spent with me in one place. Is there a way to do > this? Any help is g...

outlook mail merge #2
can anyone tell me if it is possible to send a marketing e-mail to a small list of addresses from my home computer and make it look like it came from the office computer? -- Pat K You could change the 'From' address to use your work e-mail but an examination of the headers of the message might reveal that it came from a different IP address. How deep are you expecting the recipients to delve into it? "Pat K" <molly@comcast.net> wrote in message news:2B63BA8C-07F0-4366-8E28-959699525272@microsoft.com... > can anyone tell me if it is possible to send a marketi...

Inline view with a left join
Hi all, I have three tables A, B and C. I first want to run a simple select on tables B&C with a join and then run a left join the result with A. So: Select A.a1, A.a2, A.a3..., BC.bc1, BC.bc2... From A, (select bc1, bc2, bc3,... from B, C, where B.some_col = C.some_col) BC left join on A.another_col = BC.another_col. What is the right syntax for this? TIA, Sashi Here is one way to write the query: SELECT A.a1, A.a2, A.a3..., BC.bc1, BC.bc2... FROM A LEFT JOIN ( SELECT bc1, bc2, bc3,... FROM B JOIN C ON B.some_col = C.some_col) AS BC ON A.another_col ...

Excel should have the option to merge contents when merging cells.
When Excel merges cells, it keeps only the upper-left-most contents and deletes the others. It would be nice to have the option (maybe a toggle button in the options menu) to concatenate the contents of all the merged cells, so that the information in the lower-right cells is tacked onto the end of the information inthe upper-left-most cell. This is not a big deal, but it would be a nice bell/whistle to save some steps. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I...

The Quickest way to get Top Page On GooGle...
2 months I had first page organic results and they delivered on every key term I wanted so here they are http://www.atomicsearchengineoptimization.com or you can go straight to their contct page to get a great free report and a friendly call back. http://www.atomicsearchengineoptimization.com/Monthy_plan_rates-seo-services.html ...

Adobe PDF Mail Merge Creates winmail.dat Instead of Attachment
This has been discussed in other threads, but I haven't found an answer to this problem. In reality I don't know which application is to blame, but the fingers keep pointing at Outlook. I'm using Word 2007 to do a mail merge using Adobe Acrobat Pro V9. I have Outlook configured as the default mail program. The generated PDF is attached to en e-mail and gets delivered without problems. If I read the e-mail using Outlook or Gmail (the only ones that I've tried), the attachment appears and can be displayed without issues. If I read the e-mail using a program ...

Extract data in the right part of a cell
I have some cells contains "*" , I want to extrat the text to the right of the "*". For example, if A2 contains "txt*123", I want it turn out to be "123". Thanks. Try the following formula, =MID(A1,FIND("*",A1)+1,LEN(A1)) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "plumstone" <plumstone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:731CB03C-AD8F-43D8-BFAB-6AD50DEBE799@microsoft.com... > I have some cells contains "*" , I want to extrat the text to th...

Opportunity>Quote 'Mail Merge' Issue
Dear Forum Members: When I add three 'different' products (Product A, Product B, Product C) to an Opportunity and then try to Produce a Quote in Word (Mail Merge), I get the 'same' product 3 times (Product A, Product A, Product A). I think there may be an issue with the database fields I have placed in my XML template. Please help! Thanks, I see the problem, yet I still need advice on how to repair the Quote in Word. The Mail Merge is creating 3 Quotes for 3 Recipients. For example, Quote #1 has has Product A three times, Quote # 2 has Product B three times, Quote # ...

Need help merging selective data
I've got two worksheets, both of them customer lists with company/contact information. One contains the company name and phone number. The other contains company name and address. The lists contain mostly the same companies, but there are variations. The second list has companies not included in the first, and vice versa. The first list is more accurate. Basically, I want the addresses in the second list to become part of the first list, matched up with the appropriate company name, of course. I need to tell Excel to compare the company name fields and import the address when ...

sorts query while including <all> at top of list
I have a combobox whose data source is this query, which sorts the records correctly: SELECT FixtureTypesNoProject.Type FROM FixtureTypesNoProject ORDER BY IIf(InStr(FixtureTypesNoProject.Type,"-")=0,Len(FixtureTypesNoProject.type),InStr(FixtureTypesNoProject.type,"-")-1), IIf(InStr(FixtureTypesNoProject.type,"EM")=0,[FixtureTypesNoProject.Type],Replace([FixtureTypesNoProject.Type],"EM","0")) ; however, when I add the following (to include the <all> word at the top of the combolist...) it no longer sorts UNION Select &q...

Datepart function is it the right solution???
Hello dears, I've got a problem with converting the date value from dd/mm/yyyy to mm/yyyy e.g: 25/08/2007 I seek to make query that convert it to 08/2007. Is there any way to convert the mentioned date value using the query expression builder? Waiting your kind reply….. -- Regard, Moon Walker wrote: > Hello dears, > > I've got a problem with converting the date value from dd/mm/yyyy to > mm/yyyy e.g: 25/08/2007 I seek to make query that convert it to > 08/2007. > > Is there any way to convert the mentioned date value using the query > expression builder...

Top 11%
Hello, I'm trying to create a query that pulls the top total amount paid based on a combo box in a form such as 11%. where do I put the form name and combo box in the SQL statement. SELECT TOP 35 PERCENT Query1.[Cust ID], Sum(Query1.[Total Amount Paid]) AS [SumOfTotal Amount Paid] FROM Query1 GROUP BY Query1.[Cust ID] ORDER BY Sum(Query1.[Total Amount Paid]) DESC; Beagle1927 wrote: >I'm trying to create a query that pulls the top total amount paid >based on a combo box in a form such as 11%. where do I put the form >name and combo box in the SQL statement. > >SELECT ...

How to lock table on the left?
Hi All, I saw a excel file, one of its table (one row) could keep in the left sied of screen when I scrolling the scrolling bar. How to do that ? Thanks a lot! Best regards, Boki. Tinker with this .. Select B2 Click Window > Freeze pane Now you can scroll right, and col A will always be in view (frozen) or scroll down, and row1 will always be in view (frozen) To undo, just click Window > UnFreeze Panes -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "boki" <bokiteam@ms21.hinet.net> wrote in message new...

Merging Variable Info on Identical Data
I have two worksheets with Serial Numbers and Bar Codes that tie the two together. I would like to combine them into one row based on the common data. The example below shows the process as it now stands. I brought the data into one worksheet and aligned the common data columns and then sorted. (Header Included) ID Number 10-Jun-04 Serial. VABarCode. Building ROOM # Rtng# # Manufacturer Model # Asset Code Status CMR# Inventory Date Notes 12539766 101 308656 LAF 427 182 POLYCOM SOUNDSTATION TELE CONFERENCER 0 10 10/18/2001 Polycom Soundstation 209998 57 12539766 101 308656 ...