merge multilple data values

how would I merge multilple data values:

in seperate columns as: js-1234 to .jpg

Thanks

0
jenny6396 (1)
11/3/2003 11:15:04 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Jennifer,

Hi Jennifer,

Try using =(A1&B1) where A1 and B1 are the cells where your data
sits

"Jennifer Burnel" <jenny@babooshka.net> wrote in message news:<TMqpb.5594$3j6.1151891@newsfep2-win.server.ntli.net>...
> how would I merge multilple data values:
> in seperate columns as: js-1234 to .jpg
> Thanks

One way to combine fields in Excel is
If worksheet B2 contains
   js-1234
and C2 contains
   .jpg
then the formula
   =CONCATENATE(B2,C2) in D2
returns the entry
   js-1234.jpg
0
caugheymc (1)

Publisher 2007 Merge Print Screen
This only happens in Publisher 2007. I do merges: in Excel, in Word, & in Publisher. When the "print" screen comes up in Publisher, the screen is so large, I have to push up as far as I can, and there's just a sliver of the print button on the bottom - can't even see the "print" word on the button. However, my cursor does react with it, so I do print successfully. I just would like to know if there's a way to make this one screen smaller. There's no arrows at any of the corners, so I can't squeeze it down. Thank you! lewzan wrote: > When the...

Mail Merge with Attachements
Hello, I am currently trying to utilize the attached process to create a mail merge out of MS word with attachments. http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/MergeWithAttachments.htm I was able to finally get past the Outlook Object Library problem discussed here and the macro asks me for the table with e-mails and attachments, however, I do not receive an email warning message and after a few seconds the screens comes up with a text box that states: Microsfot Word 0 Messages have been sent. On the Directory (titled dir1) I have a table with three rows and two columns Column one:...

Generate value of control's property runtime
// example control declaration <cc1:CollapsiblePanelExtender ID="ControlId" name="[value]" /> I need to learn how to generate a value in the page so the control is configured the way that is needed at runtime. I seem to have forgotten how to write the statement that is written into the HTML to allow me to return a string from a method as the value of the control's name property? Is it name="<%= GetStringMethod() %>"? A literal example; code generates the path to an image the control needs at runime for display in the pag...

Data Validation drop down not showing and Formula Auditing bar greyed out
Good afternoon, I've created a spreadsheet that has multiple Validated cells. Each of these cells is validated using a list, with "In-cell Dropdown" Checked. However the drop down is not showing. The cell is still being validated as I cannot enter a value other than what is in the list. Also, on the formula auditing bar, the Trace Precedents, Remove Precedents, Trace Dependants, Remove Dependants, Remove all arrows and Trace Error buttons are all greyed out. I've checked that the sheets and workbook are not protected and as far as I can tell it has happened between file ...

How can I stop format change when copying data into unlocked cells
How can I stop the format changing when I copy data into an unlocked cell in a format protected worksheet? I need to allow people to both enter data or copy data from another source into cells so I have unlocked these cells but also don't want the format of the cells to be changed. If you enter data directly the format does not change but if you copy and paste data it changes the format. I know you can use "copy paste special values" but would like to know if there is some system way of doing this. Copy/paste this into the sheet module. Right-click on sheet ...

Excel : insert new data series via mouse click on graphic.
Dear Developers, I work as researcher in a sector that uses spatial data. i always return back to excel, honouring Turing principle, after "travelling" to more sophisticated Sw or ambients (like matlab, and others). One of the few thing I find annoyng in excel is that one cannot input data via graphic with a click of mouse on the cartesian space, function very useful in spatial data. Sincerely ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button ...

Select name from drop down and return associated value
Hi I have a spreadsheet where I need to return a value which is an alphanumerical code but the users know only the name. Example: In worksheet A there are details of clients. If the clients participate in a course we are required to record the course code not the name. Column C is where I want the value to appear. What i would like to occur is that the user selects from a drop down list the name of the course but on selection the value returned is the course code. Is this possible? Debbie Are you saying that you want the user to select from a dropdown some course name, but you wan...

Need help hiding 0.00 value in datasheet view
Hello all I am having a lil problem to display my data in datasheet view. I know you can not have more than 3 Conditioanl Formating. So I am trying a way around to eliminate one of my current CF so I can add another one but at the same time keep the other CF. My question: How do I HIDE (I dont want it to display) a field in datasheet view if the value is = 0.00 without using conditional formating, in other words using VBA code. Thanks in advance... Thanks...works fine :-) ...

Incorrect Values downloaded
Has anyone else seen a problem on Money 2004 whereby values for Unit Trusts are downloaded but some are showing values which are 100 times lower than they should be whilst others are correct? There is a known issue for Newton funds in the UK, if this is relevant. Where are you based and what are the details of the funds? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding M...

Data Validation in 2007
Is there a way to make the Data Validation dropdown list dispaly descriptions but when you select one it puts in the corrosponding ID instead? Example: Name: Phone # Smith 360-482-4747 Bowers 360-482-7878 Gates 360-482-8877 So when I'm in the cell and hit the drop down and Select "Bowers" - it actually saves the phone number "360-482-7878" instead of "Bowers" Not directly but in an adjacent cell you could use VLOOKUP to pickup the phone-number best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme r...

data label
I am trying to import a .cvs or .txt file into an email program. The error comes up saying - field name headers do not exist. any help out there? thanks.liz. Hi Liz, Might help if you specified the name of the other program. Sounds to me like your first row should have specific content words to identify the column content. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm "lizchase" <lizchase@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ... > I am trying to import a .cvs or .txt file into ...

Put a table in mail merge quote.
Hi all, I would like to put a table in my quote to display line items. It should be able to automatically increase depending on the number of line items. Is possible to achieve this? thanx. -- phumulaniluyandacollinlembede This is actually quite easy in CRM 4. From quotations - print quotation from customer. You just create a word template with all non repeating information in the header or footer. The body of the template should just contain the quote detail lines you require. The body will repeat for each line on the same page. The quote totalamount can be aligned with line totals i...

Mail Merge 01-16-08
I use Access 2003. When I go to do a mail merge (Micro. Word), whether it is from a table or a query, and whether I am linking it to a current document or creating a new document, the following happens, 1. I am asked to select a table (even if I want to use a query, the table question is asked). 2. When I select the table, the Acess Icon at the bottom of my screen flashes and when I click on it, the following message appears; "Word was unable to open the data source." Thus, I am unable to do a merge. Can't figure out what is wrong. Thanks for any help that can be given...

Append data / Prevent duplicates
Hi all, I am working across platforms with my data (ESRI/GIS and Access). I am using Access for billing and archiving (and a lot of other cool tasks that I don't have the patience to perform in ArcGIS). What iwant to do is take data from my tblInspection (ArcGIS) and move it to tblInspection_Archive (Access). My Key field is ParcelID (non-unique in archive) and I have a Round # field (e.g.: 2009_R1, 2009_R2). I need to use these fields to create a unique key so if someone tries to run the query multiple times on the same Round it will error out. SQL: INSERT INTO tblV...

change source data in multiple charts
Hi I have over 30 charts where I need to change the source data and it's taking ages doing it manually, especially as each chart has 3 or 4 series. Is there an easy way of doing this, please? I've tried find and replace, but that doesn;t work Thanks We need a little more detail. 1. Are you modifying all the charts to use the same new range or does each chart use a different new range? Is the data compact, that is, if you choose the chart wizard and look at the Data Range tab does the Data Range box contain a simple reference like =Sheet1!$B$2:$E$7? Thanks, Shane "Tuxla&...

Upgrade Old DB Structure to New DB while keeping all data intact
I have a DB at location that uses a database that was created about a year ago. In a test environment we have made numerous upgrades to that exact db with new procedures and a couple new columns in certain tables. What is the most efficiant way to upgrade the Old DB while keeping all data intact. I was thinking to Check the DB Columns from the system tables and just showing me what doesn't exist in the old table then add it in via a alter script... (If someone already has this script please let me know). As for the stored procedures, I was just going to drop them all and re...

Format a Logical Value?
Is there any way to set a custom format for a cell that contains logical values? In other words, instead of displaying TRUE or FALSE, can these values be formatted to display something else such as ON or OFF, or ELIGIBLE or INELIGIBLE, while still retaining their logical values? -- Kerry Carroll Not directly, but since XL interprets zero as FALSE and any other numeric value as TRUE, you could use Format/Cells/Number/Custom "ON";"ON";"OFF" Then convert all your booleans to numbers. For instance: =(A1>0) to =-(A1>0) Or =IF(A1>0, TR...

display value in combo box
I populate a combox1.rowsource = value1. How do I display value1 in the combo box? I can see it in the dropdown, but how do I display it? Thanks. Kou Do you have it bound to a field in your table? -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Kou Vang" wrote: > I populate a combox1.rowsource = value1. How do I display value1 in the > combo box? I can see it in the dropdown, but how do I display it? Thanks. > > Kou On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 09:19:02 -0800, Kou Vang wrote: > I populate a combox1.rowsource = value1. How do I display value1 in the > combo b...

How do I get data from invoice template
How do I get data from invoice template into Excel proper. I have invoices of my customers as single files. I am trying to extract data from each field in the invoice template, such as first name, last name etc. Can someone suggest a way of doing this? If all the files are in a single folder, if all the the data is on a worksheet with the same name, if all that data is in the same location (exact same addresses), then a macro could consolidate all the data it finds. sibik wrote: > > How do I get data from invoice template into Excel proper. I have invoices of > my customers as ...

Find a value inside a range of cells
Key words: Key word Category Code ACCIDENT 1 ACCOUNT 2 ACCREDITATION 3 ADMISSION 4 AGREEMENT 5 ALARM 6 ANNUAL 7 APPLICATION 8 APPRAISAL 9 ARREST 10 -------------------------------- NMAC DocumentType Category 1.15.3.101 NON-RECORD MATERIALS 1.15.3.102 SUBJECT FILES 1.15.3.103 PRIMARY MISSION RECORDS 1.15.3.104 AGENCY ORGANIZATIONAL CHARTS 1.15.3.105 ADMINISTRATIVE RULES 1.15.3.106 ADMINISTRATIVE FILES (EXECUTIVE LEVELS) 1.15.3.107 ADMINISTRATIVE REFERENCE FILES (NON-EXECUTIVE LEVELS) 1.15.3.108 ADMINISTRATIVE CORRESPONDENCE FILES (EXECUTIVE LEVELS) 1.15.3.109 GENERAL...

Macro sorting data from another worksheet
I have a file that sorts data from one worksheet onto another. It refers to that worksheet by Activesheet.Next.Select and it worked fine. If I try to hide that worksheet, it fails. How can I refer to a hidden worksheet so this Macro will work as it does if it is not hidden? The debugger always points to the worksheet identification as the problem. try to refer to required aheet with Sheets("its name") mcg try to refer to required sheet with Sheets("its name") mcg That is what I was trying to do, but I must not be doing it correctly... If the sheet is named "...

Sorting while entering data
Thanks in advance for any assistance. I've read all the posts and still need help. I've probably explained more than necessary to frame my total issue: TableA contains Field1, 2 and 3 (Y/N field). QueryA appends Field1 and Field2 where Field3=Yes to empty temp TableB. TableB Field1 is a lookup field bound to TableA Field1 (data-entry control). FormB's recordsource is TableB. User opens FormB (continuous view), edits existing and enters new records. User can duplicate existing record to expedite entry using command button. Issue 1: Records appear in order entered (TableB order...

excel data label format special number characters (part 2)
Addendum to Previous post: I realized I omitted one crucial element from my previous post: I want the fractional data label to be a non-simplified representation of the source data (e.g. - if the source data is 10/6, I want the data label to be 10/6). Previous post: I'm trying to create bar graphs containing fractional data labels. The catch is, I want each bar in the series to have a different denominator value. Excel allows you to preset the denominator (e.g. - ?/4), but that denominator affects all members of that series. The question is, is this do-able and if so what special...

Ranking data
Version: 2008 I have a list of data in a table that I wish to rank, I'm familiar with the RANK formula and can successfully use it, but many of the numbers in the field by which I am ranking are the same. I want to be able to rank the 'teams' first by 'points' but then alphabetically if they have the same points total. Is this possible? Please Help! Are you looking to 'rank' the listings or *sort* the list? It sounds like the latter. If that's the case, go to Data> Sort then select 'points' as the first sort key & 'team' as the se...

Retrieving tooltiptext values from an xml file
Hi All, I am working with an asp.net application. My client wants the tooltiptext for the controls to be displayed from an xml file. Creating an Xml file is not a problem. How can I proceed further to retrieve the values from the Xml file and assign them to the tooltiptext property of the web controls ? Please give me a solution to accomplish this task with minimum code. Thanks in advance. Regards, S.Ramalingam Ram wrote: > Hi All, > > I am working with an asp.net application. My client wants the > tooltiptext for the controls to be displayed from an xml file. Cr...