Thank you.

0
jd
7/5/2005 11:25:55 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

=A1&B1&C1

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"jd" <jdumont@@novuscom.net> wrote in message
>A           B                C
> joe        @        domain.com
>
> trying to merge cells in a row so that column a(joe) b(@) c(domain.com)
> and
> that result is joe@domain.com
> Thank you.

0
terre081 (3244)
7/5/2005 11:35:32 PM
=hyperlink(a1&b1&c1)
or just
=a1&b1&c1
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"jd" <jdumont@@novuscom.net> wrote in message
> A           B                C
> joe        @        domain.com
>
> trying to merge cells in a row so that column a(joe) b(@) c(domain.com)
and
> that result is joe@domain.com
> Thank you.

0
ng1 (1444)
7/5/2005 11:35:49 PM
Thank you so much.  That was perfect.
Is it too much to ask for a way to sort by domain.com or extract a specific
domain.com out?
abc.com
abc.com
abcd.com
abcde.com
abcde.com
abcdef.com

"jd" <jdumont@@novuscom.net> wrote in message
> A           B                C
> joe        @        domain.com
>
> trying to merge cells in a row so that column a(joe) b(@) c(domain.com)
and
> that result is joe@domain.com
> Thank you.

0
jd
7/5/2005 11:40:06 PM
You'll likely want to keep your column C and sort by it...
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

> Thank you so much.  That was perfect.
> Is it too much to ask for a way to sort by domain.com or extract a
specific
> domain.com out?
> abc.com
> abc.com
> abcd.com
> abcde.com
> abcde.com
> abcdef.com
>
> "jd" <jdumont@@novuscom.net> wrote in message
> > A           B                C
> > joe        @        domain.com
> >
> > trying to merge cells in a row so that column a(joe) b(@) c(domain.com)
> and
> > that result is joe@domain.com
> > Thank you.

0
ng1 (1444)
7/5/2005 11:55:25 PM
I had to use a formula like:

=HYPERLINK("mailto:"&A1&B1&C1)

to be able to start an email by clicking on that hyperlink.

--

Dave Peterson
0

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Dave Peterson" <ec35720@netscapeXSPAM.com> wrote in message
>I had to use a formula like:
>
> =HYPERLINK("mailto:"&A1&B1&C1)
>
> to be able to start an email by clicking on that hyperlink.
>
> jd wrote:
>>
>> A           B                C
>> joe        @        domain.com
>>
>> trying to merge cells in a row so that column a(joe) b(@) c(domain.com)
>> and
>> that result is joe@domain.com
>> Thank you.
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
terre081 (3244)
7/6/2005 12:22:17 AM
Excellent question, young man.

But most of my responses are for my own benefit anyway <vbg>.

--

Dave Peterson
0
> Excellent question, young man.
>
> But most of my responses are for my own benefit anyway <vbg>.

Of course, all 110 000 (must be something like that by now), that goes
without saying <bg>

Peo

0
terre081 (3244)
7/6/2005 12:47:43 AM
I think I tried that by selecting the entire workbook (to keep the columns
in sync) but it got sorted by column A.
How do I accomplish this and keep column A in sync with column C?
I am trying these things on my own before posting and appreciate the help.

"Anne Troy" <ng@officearticles.com> wrote in message
> You'll likely want to keep your column C and sort by it...
> *******************
> ~Anne Troy
>
> www.OfficeArticles.com
> www.MyExpertsOnline.com
>

> "jd" <jdumont@@novuscom.net> wrote in message
> > Thank you so much.  That was perfect.
> > Is it too much to ask for a way to sort by domain.com or extract a
> specific
> > domain.com out?
> > abc.com
> > abc.com
> > abcd.com
> > abcde.com
> > abcde.com
> > abcdef.com
> >
> > "jd" <jdumont@@novuscom.net> wrote in message
> > > A           B                C
> > > joe        @        domain.com
> > >
> > > trying to merge cells in a row so that column a(joe) b(@)
c(domain.com)
> > and
> > > that result is joe@domain.com
> > > Thank you.

0
jd
7/6/2005 12:58:34 AM
And close to 50% are correct (or on point!).

--

Dave Peterson
0

> I think I tried that by selecting the entire workbook (to keep the columns
> in sync) but it got sorted by column A.
> How do I accomplish this and keep column A in sync with column C?
> I am trying these things on my own before posting and appreciate the help.
>
> "Anne Troy" <ng@officearticles.com> wrote in message
> > You'll likely want to keep your column C and sort by it...
> > *******************
> > ~Anne Troy
> >
> > www.OfficeArticles.com
> > www.MyExpertsOnline.com
> >

> > "jd" <jdumont@@novuscom.net> wrote in message
> > > Thank you so much.  That was perfect.
> > > Is it too much to ask for a way to sort by domain.com or extract a
> > specific
> > > domain.com out?
> > > abc.com
> > > abc.com
> > > abcd.com
> > > abcde.com
> > > abcde.com
> > > abcdef.com
> > >
> > > "jd" <jdumont@@novuscom.net> wrote in message

> c(domain.com)
> > > and

0
jd
7/6/2005 1:19:54 AM
Hi, jd. Make sure your data never has any completely blank rows or
completely blank columns, and you should be able to sort safely any way you
like.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

> I think I figured it out.
> I took Column C and made it column A.  Then when I selected the entire
> workbook and did the sort... it was all good.
> It's crude and not automated but it does work.
> See, I am trying things.
> Thank you all!
>
> "jd" <jdumont@@novuscom.net> wrote in message
> > I think I tried that by selecting the entire workbook (to keep the
columns
> > in sync) but it got sorted by column A.
> > How do I accomplish this and keep column A in sync with column C?
> > I am trying these things on my own before posting and appreciate the
help.

> > "Anne Troy" <ng@officearticles.com> wrote in message
> > > You'll likely want to keep your column C and sort by it...
> > > *******************
> > > ~Anne Troy
> > >
> > > www.OfficeArticles.com
> > > www.MyExpertsOnline.com
> > >

> > > "jd" <jdumont@@novuscom.net> wrote in message
> > > specific

> > c(domain.com)

0
ng1 (1444)
7/6/2005 1:41:33 AM
LOL, Dave. I learn TONS from you (obviously!!), even "translating" the
question in a different way. I used to be so good at that. I've lost my
touch and am learning again...
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

> And close to 50% are correct (or on point!).
>

> Peo Sjoblom wrote:
> >
> > "Dave Peterson" <ec35720@netscapeXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> > > Excellent question, young man.
> > >
> > > But most of my responses are for my own benefit anyway <vbg>.
> > >

> > Of course, all 110 000 (must be something like that by now), that goes
> > without saying <bg>
> >
> > Peo
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
ng1 (1444)

Print 2 A5 mail merged tables onto each A4 sheet
I have created an A5 document that has a table where fields are filled in by mail merge, there is well over one hundred records so I would like to get two A5 prints onto each A4 sheet. I have tried setting the print dialog to 2 pages but it still only gives me one small print per A4. Is there a way I can make this work? Don't do it in the Print dialog. Do it in the Page Setup dialog (under "Multiple pages"). Your merge should then work correctly. I can attest that this will work, as I have created a directory set up this way. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft...

Need Syntax for "AND" to Evaluate 2 Cells
I need to evaluate 2 cells while inside an "Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)". I thought AND would work but I cannot get it to work; I receive a syntax error on the AND(Range... line. Can someone please provide me the proper syntax to evaluate the 2 cells? Here's my code... Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If ActiveSheet.Name = "Sheet1" Then And(Range("I3") <> "", Range("K4") = "") Then Range("K4") = Range("K3") End...

Enter "1", cell show ".01". Why?
Any number typed into a cell is divided by 100. If proceded by "=" the number is correct. What caused this and how can I fix it? Try this .. Click Tools > Options > Edit tab Uncheck "Fixed decimal" > OK Things should be back to normal now .. (it's a fixed decimal setting !) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Yonian" <Yonian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40499CA4-7FAF-42A6-8B19-A90881735C50@microsoft.com... > Any number typed into a cell is divided by 100. > If p...

selecting a cell
I seem unable to select a single cell, or a single row--click on one in the normal manner, and the two below also highlight, then delete or whatever command is given. If I input a number/text, that just goes into the one cell. tapping F8 increases this to two wide and three high automatically selected. Also, very slow to do almost anything. Thanks Pat, Are you by any chance using Excel 2007? If so there is a known bug that causes multiple cell selection and I understand this has been reported to Microsoft. If you take the zoom level up and down this is reported to cl...

New to Mail Merge
So I am checking to see if I can merge a list of names(roughly 450) into a template in Publisher that will be used a name plate of sorts. I also want to include years of services in the template, i.e. John Smith 12 years of service. Is this possible and what is the easiest route? Yes it is very possible in Publisher. There is a lot of help here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx If you decide to use Publisher there is a registry fix that will be beneficial. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/registryfix -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvp...

can't print separate entries per page after merge
I merged information from access into publisher for a postcard. But now when I test print I get the same 4 entries on the same page. I would like to have 4 different entries on each page instead. How do I set that up? Thanks for the help, -- RJ Are you actually printing it or just looking at Print Preview? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "rjincali" <rjincali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5A74256-8FFF-4D87-A788-5BA149A44B84@microsoft.com... >I merged information from access into publisher for a postcard. But now >when > I test p...

cell will not center
Hi. I have a user with an Excel worksheet. There are multiple rows and columns and they are all set on center alignment, (center alignment icon on the toolbar as well as Format Cells --> Horizontal Alignment --> Center.) The alphabetical characters align correctly but the numerical don't, as they will only left align. Format Cells --> Number is set to General, so I don't know why it won't change the alignment. Other than the worksheet being corrupted, I don't know what could be wrong with it. Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks! Hilary =?Utf-8?B?SG...

Count # of cells b/w cells ...
Hello, I have the following data in a column: 7 0 0 0 7 0 0 0 0 0 7 0 0 7 0 0 0 0 0 0 7 etc. The number of zero's between the 7's is random. I want a formula tha would count the number of zeros between the 7's. Thanks, Ari Bar -- AriBar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AriBari's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38806 Assume A5:A20 is the data, try this: B5 = A5+B4 (copy formula down) Now make a table with 2 column...

Too many different cell formats #6

format cell #4

Find and replace with bold in cells

Conditional Formatting on cells beginning with a hyphen
Is it possible to do conditional formatting on cells beginning with a hyphen? Thanks, Greg 1. Place the cursor in A1 cell and select the Range 2. From menu Format>Conditional Formatting> 3. For Condition1>Select 'Formula Is' and paste the below formula =LEFT(A1,1)="-" 4. Click Format Button>Font>Color select your desired font & Background Color pattern and then give ok Change the cell reference of A1 to your desired cell, if required. But keep in mind that when applying the conditional formatting the Active cell should be in the ce...

modify linked cells without breaking link
I have a workbook with a number of worksheets (2003.) The 2nd and 3rd worksheets have cells that are linked to the 1st worksheet. This workbook will be used to schedule production. The 1st worksheet has a list of products that we produce. The 1st worksheet has a column for the min # of cases we need to keep in stock at all times and the max # of cases we must keep in stock at all times. The 1st worksheet also contains a column where the production scheduler would enter the actual # of cases in stock. The 2nd worksheet in the workbook takes the actual cs in stock and compares ...

Add data to cell w/o loosing initial data
I would like to know if there is a way to add data to data without retyping. For example I have a colum of 18015555555 and I want to add [rfax:(cell #)@/fn=(phone number)] So I would like to add the brackets - copy from a cell - @/fn= and not loose the data already in the spread sheet. Example 2. Add [rfax:company name@fn/=(saved data here) then close bracket. So I want to add data to cells without loosing the data already in the cells. I have about 600 of them to do and I really don't want to do each one by hand. Please let me know if anyone knows how to accomplish this. Tha...

in Publisher I want to merge/send email with multiple attachments
Using Publisher 2007 I know how to do a merge and then email out from a list. Publisher gives the option to attach multiple attachments to the email but when the send actually goes out it only carries the first of the attachments and discards the others. Is there a trick to making multiple attachments stay attached? or is this a bug... Thanks to anyone who can clear this up.. Rust Gilbert Rust, Since you already know how to do email merges in Publisher 2007, you're probably the ideal person to answer my question...I have been trying to do an email merge using an existing publis...

merge accounts in 2006
Hi... I am using Money Small Business 2006... does anyone know why I am unable to merge duplicate accounts? I had problems downloading statements so had to create new accounts.. ie: checking, checking #1, checking #2.. How can I merge all of these back into one account? When I try to merge duplicate accounts, it says there are no accounts to merge. Any ideas on how I can condense all of my data? The only way I can figure it out so far is to go to each individual transaction in the duplicate accounts, right click and choose copy to account. This will take forever that way. Is there a way t...

Mail merge duplications in Outlook
I am attempting an e-mail merge for a letter written in Word with my Excel list as I had done in previous versions of Word. When I do this, multiple copies of the the e-mail are sent to the e-mail recipients and the <<name>> field transposes different names from other records. The sent items appears correctly in the Outlook sent folder? My Outlook is setup to send/receive through a Pop3 Account. Has anybody encountered a similar problem or does anybody know of a fix? Thanks in adavance for your help! Eric ...

Limit number of characters in a cell
Hi, Is there a way to limit the number of characters that a user can key into a cell. I want to get a list of names and addresses imputted by user, but I don't want them to be more than 35 characters. Thanks for the help Dr. Senji Take a look at Data|Validation. You can have excel yell at the user when they hit enter after typing in a too-long string. Dr Senji wrote: > > Hi, > > Is there a way to limit the number of characters that a user can key into a > cell. > > I want to get a list of names and addresses imputted by user, but I don't > want the...

how do I format cells to change date and time to just date
I want to format a column that contains date and time and I want it to show just the date and not the time. Going into format and clicking on the date and changing doesnt work. Probably the cells aren't really dates, but text. You can check with the ISTEXT() function. If they are text, formatting doesn't have any effect. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "bondam" <bondam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4D61EC1-30E2-4723-89E1-F47B545818EE@microsoft.com... >I want to format a column that contains date and time and I want it t...