maximize window

A co-worker worked on an Excel spreadsheet that we both use and Saved it.
Now, when I open it, the workbook window is not maximized nor can I because
the 3 buttons in the upper right corner of the window (Minimize, Maximize
and Close) are nowhere to be found. The co-worker is unavailable for me to
ask him what he did.

How do I get the 3 buttons back so that I can maximize the window?

TIA
David

0
drose (6)
6/15/2005 12:58:17 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Two options.

If the title bar is just off the screen and you can't see it:

Window|Arrange|Tiled
(and resize the way you like it)

If you can see the whole title bar, and that title bar is missing the 3 icons:

Tools|Protection|Unprotect workbook.
(You may need a password)

or

Visit JE McGimpsey's site:
http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

if you don't have it.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Right click on the Excel icon at the bottom. Either then click Maximize or
click Move and use the arrow keys to get the top right corner back in view

Doug

David Rose wrote in message ...
>A co-worker worked on an Excel spreadsheet that we both use and Saved it.
>Now, when I open it, the workbook window is not maximized nor can I because
>the 3 buttons in the upper right corner of the window (Minimize, Maximize
>and Close) are nowhere to be found. The co-worker is unavailable for me to
>ask him what he did.
>
>How do I get the 3 buttons back so that I can maximize the window?
>
>TIA
>David

0
dug4xl (12)
6/23/2005 7:17:43 PM
Hi Doug,
That is assuming that you can see the "bottom" of the icon at the
top of  the workbook window within Excel.  It is not necessarily
true that you would be able to see it on the workbook window or
on the Excel window.

Hi David,
Actually Dave Peterson gave you an answer, but since Doug kind
of reactivated the thread, here is a better answer.

I think your first thing is not to maximize your  Excel window,
or your workbook window, but to move it to where you want it
in a normal view, before maximizing it.

see
  Shortcut Keys in Excel 2000
   http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/shortx2k.htm#winmove

    Alt+Spacebar   for Excel Window (this is a windows shortcut), or
    Alt+minus         for Workbook Window within Excel
               (with NumLock key OFF, with a full keyboard seems to work either way)
---
HTH,

"Doug" <dug4xl@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message news:d9f1sj$n51$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Hi
>
> Right click on the Excel icon at the bottom. Either then click Maximize or
> click Move and use the arrow keys to get the top right corner back in view
>
> Doug
>

> David Rose wrote in message ...
> >A co-worker worked on an Excel spreadsheet that we both use and Saved it.
> >Now, when I open it, the workbook window is not maximized nor can I because
> >the 3 buttons in the upper right corner of the window (Minimize, Maximize
> >and Close) are nowhere to be found. The co-worker is unavailable for me to
> >ask him what he did.
> >
> >How do I get the 3 buttons back so that I can maximize the window?
> >
> >TIA
> >David

0
dmcritchie (2586)

SendInput to a window belonging to another application thread
I'm trying to develop a simple application that can send input to a window belonging to another application thread, such as the microsoft on screen keyboard. The matter is that I don't understand how to know what was the last active window to which send the input from my dialog application. Looking on internet I've found a simple application called "Typematic" but it hide the application dialog before use the SendInput() api, it works well but I wish to obtain the same effect without hide the application dialog as the on screen keyboard does. How I could do it? Ho...

u/grade from windows 2000 to XP
Novice user here -- Upgraded from windows 2000 pro to xp pro. Have outlook 2000, and after upgrading lost all folders and previous emails. Is there a way to restore them? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you. An upgrade should not have lost any data, unless you did a clean install. search for *.pst, to include hidden files. "Jen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18a601c4ac7d$59d2e760$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Novice user here -- Upgraded from windows 2000 pro to xp > pro. Have outlook 2000, and after upgrading lost all > fol...

Richedit in Asian Language Window
Hi all, I'm working on a application using richedit (V3.0) to display some text containing special character (i.e. ASCII > 128). It work fine in English Window, all those characters can display correctly. When I try to run the program in W2K(Traditional Chinese). All these character will "combine" with next character to form a double byte letter. For Example: "ABC?BDE" will display as "ABC?DE" in Chinese W2K Why the behavious of richedit is different in different OS? And How can I display the text correctly? Many Thx. Marco Marco Hung schrieb: > ...

Removing Windows 2000 SBS Server from domain
Hi All, I've heard some horror stories about removing Windows 2000 SBS server from the domain. The machine is legacy, does not run exchange. Only runs SQL server for a legacy app. All the roles have been transfered to another domain controller for over a year. I am looking at the easiest way to demote this computer without removing it from the domain. We are looking to put Exchange 2010 in the domain and we cannot do this with this server being a domain controller. Any advice appreciated. You're outta luck. SBS (all versions) _must_ be a DC and hold all FSMO ...

How do I get email in Outlook Express on an XP machine into Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 Machine?
The instructions for importing Outlook Express files from another machine assume that Outlook Express can be run on the target machine. I don't believe there is a way to do that on a Windows 2007 machine. So How do I accomplish this? On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 18:03:05 -0800, MikeH <mikeh@somewhere.net> wrote: > The instructions for importing Outlook Express files from another > machine assume that Outlook Express can be run on the target machine. I > don't believe there is a way to do that on a Windows 2007 machine. So > How do I accomplish this? F...

WINDOWS 7 07-04-10
I know I am in the wrong newsgroup but I haven't been able to locate one covering Windows 7. Could anyone please tell me where to go. Hope this helps. news:alt.windows7.general Kenny "Johnno" <johnno@helpwanted> wrote in message news:eBi0Xk1GLHA.552@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I know I am in the wrong newsgroup but I haven't been able to locate one >covering Windows 7. Could anyone please tell me where to go. http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories "Johnno" wrote: > I know I am in the wrong newsgroup bu...

Open IE seperate process and seperate window
Ok, here is a good puzzle. I need to automate opening two IE (independent windows) on two monitors. Here is the reason: I have a security guard that has to monitor two 16 channel DVR windows 24/7 and if the power fails, and / or the system is rebooted, needs to open and logon automatically without keyboard interaction. (keyboard / mouse has been removed). Here is the setup: I have two Security Camera systems (DVR) that have web interfaces. I have a computer setup with dual monitors I have the system to auto logon. I can manually open new IE sessions in seperate windows, then...

Windows Mail can't receive attachment from Outlook 2003
My friend using Outlook 2003 send a email that content attachment to me ( using Windows Mail) and the others friend that (using Outlook 2007). I can received the email but the attachment is missing, but the others friend he can received this email and the attachment together. Any solutions for this issue? Please help. Ask your friend (and any other Outlook users) to only send messages to you in Plain Text format, especially if there's an attachment. Keen wrote: > My friend using Outlook 2003 send a email that content attachment to me ( > using Windows Mail) an...

SBS 2008 Reboot
I have a client who needed to reboot their server this AM (we couldn't log onto RWW, when this happens, they reboot. It happens once every couple of months.) Upon rebooting, they called and are telling me they are getting a windows titled "Windows Complete PC Restore". Why would this come up on a normal reboot? Did they have a failure of some sort? Can we get by this screen to get the server back online? I thought I would try here first, as I cannot get to the site until later this afternoon. Thank you in advance. -- Ron Anthony Quinn Is the SBS2008 DVD ...

scroll bar doen't work smoothly under windows XP theme
I created an application which has horizontal and vertical scroll bar . Both of them wrok correctly under windows classic theme but if I change the theme to windows XP the horizontal scroll bar does'nt work correctly. The exact problem is the scroll works for the first time i scroll then if i again scroll it does'nt move at all and nothing works on the appllication .I need to open any other appllication and close it for the scroll to work again correctly. ...

security privileges window upon opening GP
Hello: A user in Micorosoft Dynamics GP 9.0 can get into GP but not before getting a nuisance error message saying that he does not have security privileges to open this window. He has all of the minimum secuirty access to the system and company series including the Progress window. I have run through all of the TKs but to no effect. What else could it be? Thanks! childofthe1980s I helped another user recently with this and the message was caused by a form in the HR product. Please see this thread for the troubleshooting steps we used. The posting was Security error when loggin...

scrolling window line change problem
I have a scrolling window that I use to update certain values. I use the LineChange script to update the underlying table (a physical temp table). When the user is finished making changes, they click the "Save" button in the parent window and I step through the temp table records and update the main table. This works fine except for the last line they are updating (or if there is only one line). When they click the "Save" the LineChange has not been involked, so the temp table update does not happen. Is there a way to programmatically run the LineChange script ...

How do you reset windows size to default?
How do you reset windows explorer size to default? I mean the size of the windows explorer right after you installed Windows, and you have not resized it. On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 02:05:43 -0700, Peter <peter@nomorenewspamin.ca> wrote: How do you reset windows explorer size to default? I mean the size of the windows explorer right after you installed Windows, and you have not resized it. Hi Peter Den 07.04.2010 kl. 12:55 skrev Peter <peter@nomorenewspamin.ca>: > On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 02:05:43 -0700, Peter <peter@nomorenewspamin.ca> > wrote: > > H...

IE 8 Problems on Windows 7 64 bit
I am running Win7 64bit on an ASUS P6TD with 12GB of RAM IE 8 (32 bit) was installed by the default install from the Win7 DVD I am having very unusual problems in that every new tab that I open results in a new instance of iexplore.exe *32 as shown by the task manager. Whats is worse is that the instances never close. When I do close (either a tab or the entire IE8 app) the task manager shows that all of the instances stay active in memory. And random occurances of a message box appears that says "A tab has been recovered" Sometimes if I had been viewing a video that...

Tasks in Calender Window
Is there any way to have my tasks display in the calender view just as my appointments do? thanks. In Outlok 2003, select the following from the menu: View | Arrange By | current view | day/week/month with autopreview "Sharif T. Karim" <shariftk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1160003510.747053.317010@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to have my tasks display in the calender view just as > my appointments do? thanks. > Not quite relevant ZootRot as that makes the Notes Field show for Calendar Items but has nothing to do with Tasks. To sho...

Windows 7: Vertical dotted lines in Explorer?
Hello, is there any way to make the vertical dotted lines connecting the folders/directories in the left-hand Explorer bar visible? The functionality must be present in Windows 7, as seen in regedit: http://www.unawave.de/medien/Windows-7/Tipps/Registry-Key-0CD7A5C0-9F37-11CE-AE65-08002B2E1262.png http://www.unawave.de/windows-7-tipps/zip-ordner.html Is there such a secret setting somewhere inside Windows? TIA Karsten PS: Is there a Windows 7 NG anywhere? Karsten Wutzke <kwutzke@web.de> wrote: >PS: Is there a Windows 7 NG anywhere? The MS web forums, where t...

Writing to windows registry using XML....
Dear All, I have query regarding the registry. Is it possible to write it to windows registry using the XML? if yes then what is the API or tag used to write it. I am just a beginner in XML. thanks in advance. Regards, Umesh kbnumesh@gmail.com wrote: > I have query regarding the registry. > > Is it possible to write it to windows registry using the XML? > if yes then what is the API or tag used to write it. Why do you want to use XML when dealing with the Windows registry? It is not based on XML so I don't see that XML helps. The .NET framework 2.0 has this class <...

how we can call window message handler function from user defined function
hi guys, can you please tell me how we can call window message handler function like ON_WM_RBUTTONDOWN() ON_WM_LBUTTONDBLCLK() ON_WM_KEYDOWN() from user defined class member function. Hi, Use SendMessage method. like: SendMessage(hwnd, WM_LBUTTONDOWN, 0,0); hwnd = handle to the window, WM_LBUTTONDOWN = message third and forth parameters are for extra information. Thanks, Chary. This is probably a mistake, and the answer given, which is to call it with meaningless parameter values such as 0, 0, is wrong. Why would you want to do this? More likely you would create a function which these...

How to move saved outlook email to Windows live mail?
Does anyone know how i can do this? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0039_01CB1992.2C7C62E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable One method..that uses the same DeltaSync technology. Use the Live tools provided. Sign up for Hotmail account if not already done so - if signing up new ensure you logon at mail.live.com to ensure the = inbox is setup and functional Install the latest(verions 14) Outlook Hotmail Connector on OL2003 or = 2007 or 2010 Setup the Hotmail account in...

Upgrading to 9.0 on Windows Server 2003 64bit Edition
We are upgrading from 7.0 to 9.0. We have new SQL Servers on which we will perform the upgrade and move into production once complete replacing our existing servers. These SQL Servers are running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition. When attempting to install either GP v7.0 or v7.5 the error message "The image file ...\CDSetup.exe is valid, but is for a machine type other than the current machine." is presented and the installation script will not initialize. Is it possible to install GP 7.0 or 7.5 on the 64bit version of Windows Server 2003 or must we install the 32 bit v...

Exchange 2007/spam/windows mobile
I have just installed Exchange Server 2007 and have moved a couple of mailboxes over to it for testing. I am using the Anti-spam built into EX2007. When a mailbox receives spam, it goes to the Junk Mail folder in Outlook, but it is hitting the Inbox first. I have a Windows Mobile device setup to sync to the Inbox (I checked to make sure that the Junk Email folder is not selected and it is not). I have 2 different problems, but I believe they both are related. The first... when the spam message hit my mailbox, they are first hitting my inbox real quick and then being moved the Junk ...

Possible to ALPHA-BLEND window FRAME?
Is it possible to only alpha-blend portions of a window? for example, just the frame? Normally with SetLayeredWindowAttributes() the whole window has a constant alpha value, not very useful. UpdateLayeredWindow() supports per pixel alpha-blending, but that function too is not very useful for top level windows with child controls, as you would need to re-direct all the painting to an offscreen DC which is not very practical since you would have to re-write large portions of code and for some controls, I dont have the code obviously, so its not even possible. WindowsBlinds seems to be ab...

Saving Window Sizes
I use multiple Windows in running Outlook 2000. I clicked on Exit and Log off and when I ran Outlook 2000 again, the multiple windows and size reappeared. In Windows XP, I set up the multiple windows, close, but only the one window appears. The extra windows do not appear nor are the sizes the same. Has this changes from 2000 to XP? thxs srm Outlook 2002 has changed slightly, use File > Exit (which didn't work on Outlook 2000) "srm" <srm@primatech.com> wrote in message news:%23eGP$A2WDHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I use multiple Windows in running Outlook ...

Does Windows 7 suck as much as Vista?
I no longer trust Microsoft. Vista was a fuc job. The people that tested Vista told Microsoft it wasn't ready for release, but they released it anyway. long time windows user wrote: > I no longer trust Microsoft. Vista was a fuc job. The people that > tested Vista told Microsoft it wasn't ready for release, but they > released it anyway. Try Ubuntu. Get it free at http://www.ubuntu.com/ -- Alias "long time windows user" <anewton611@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c47d6dc6-df42-4792-a98a-f352c3ce1299@34g2000yqp.googlegroups.com... >...