Max Value

I am trying to use Conditional Formatting to find the Max value in a Row
using =Max(B6:AC6), having that cell Highlight to a different color but the
=Max is highlighting them all.

Help

0
phuser1 (4)
2/27/2008 2:47:54 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

phuser wrote:

>I am trying to use Conditional Formatting to find the Max value in a Row
>using =Max(B6:AC6), having that cell Highlight to a different color but the
>=Max is highlighting them all.

There may be other ways, but what I do is create a column, or in
your case cell,  (can be hidden, or way out of sight) having the
formula =Max(B6:AC6).  Then use the value of that cell as the
comparison for your conditional format.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon  Nottingham UK
chris@cdixon.me.uk

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
0
chris3823 (13)
2/27/2008 2:57:22 PM
Highlight all the cells you want this to happen to (B6:AC6 ?) with B6
as the active cell in the range, then click on Format | Conditional
Formatting and choose Formula Is rather than Cell Value Is in the
first box of the pop-up. In the second box enter this formula:

=3DB6=3DMAX($B6:$AC6)

then click on the Format button, select the Patterns tab (for
background colour) and click on the colour you want to use for the
highlight. Then click on OK twice to exit the CF dialogue box.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 27, 2:47=A0pm, "phuser" <phu...@sasktel.net> wrote:
> I am trying to use Conditional Formatting to find the Max value in a Row
> using =3DMax(B6:AC6), having that cell Highlight to a different color but =
the
> =3DMax is highlighting them all.
>
> Help

0
pashurst (2576)
2/27/2008 3:01:19 PM
Worked like a charm

Thank You Soooooo Much

"Pete_UK" <pashurst@auditel.net> wrote in message
Highlight all the cells you want this to happen to (B6:AC6 ?) with B6
as the active cell in the range, then click on Format | Conditional
Formatting and choose Formula Is rather than Cell Value Is in the
first box of the pop-up. In the second box enter this formula:

=B6=MAX($B6:$AC6)

On Feb 27, 2:47 pm, "phuser" <phu...@sasktel.net> wrote:
> I am trying to use Conditional Formatting to find the Max value in a Row
> using =Max(B6:AC6), having that cell Highlight to a different color but
> the
> =Max is highlighting them all.
>
> Help

0
phuser1 (4)
2/27/2008 3:04:15 PM
One way:

Select B6:AC6, with B6 active. Then use

CF1:     =B6=MAX($B$6:$AC$6)
Format1: <pattern>/<color>

In article <13sau0qrjg2enfa@corp.supernews.com>,
 "phuser" <phuser@sasktel.net> wrote:

> I am trying to use Conditional Formatting to find the Max value in a Row
> using =Max(B6:AC6), having that cell Highlight to a different color but the
> =Max is highlighting them all.
>
> Help
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
2/27/2008 3:06:20 PM
Try FormulaIs:
=B6=MAX($B$6:$AC$6) and copy across

This should hi-light the max cell and all cell that have the max value ( if
there are more than one)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007d

"phuser" wrote:

> I am trying to use Conditional Formatting to find the Max value in a Row
> using =Max(B6:AC6), having that cell Highlight to a different color but the
> =Max is highlighting them all.
>
> Help

0
GarysStudent (1572)
2/27/2008 3:07:01 PM
You're welcome - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On Feb 27, 3:04=A0pm, "phuser" <phu...@sasktel.net> wrote:
> Worked like a charm
>
> Thank You Soooooo Much
>
> "Pete_UK" <pashu...@auditel.net> wrote in message

> Highlight all the cells you want this to happen to (B6:AC6 ?) with B6
> as the active cell in the range, then click on Format | Conditional
> Formatting and choose Formula Is rather than Cell Value Is in the
> first box of the pop-up. In the second box enter this formula:
>
> =3DB6=3DMAX($B6:$AC6)
>
> then click on the Format button, select the Patterns tab (for
> background colour) and click on the colour you want to use for the
> highlight. Then click on OK twice to exit the CF dialogue box.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Pete
>
> On Feb 27, 2:47 pm, "phuser" <phu...@sasktel.net> wrote:
>

> > I am trying to use Conditional Formatting to find the Max value in a Row=

> > using =3DMax(B6:AC6), having that cell Highlight to a different color bu=
> > the
> > =3DMax is highlighting them all.
>
> > Help- Hide quoted text -

pashurst (2576)
2/27/2008 3:42:19 PM
On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 at 08:47:54, phuser <phuser@sasktel.net> wrote in
microsoft.public.excel :

>I am trying to use Conditional Formatting to find the Max value in a Row
>using =Max(B6:AC6), having that cell Highlight to a different color but the
>=Max is highlighting them all.
>
>Help

I asked the same thing here some time ago, and this is what was
suggested:

'Cell value is','Equal to',=MAX(b6:ac6)
--
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham (change 'invalid83261' to 'blueyonder' to email me)
0

Macro that deletes values with condition
Hi, I need a macro that deletes duplicates of numbers that appear an odd number of times and that deletes duplicates and the value duplicated an even number of times. Example: Original data A 1 2 3 1 2 1 2 3 4 Result: A 1 2 4 Values 1 and 2 must remain and only delete duplicates because they appear an odd number of times (3), 3 must be deleted because it appears an even number of times (2) and 4 appears because it has no duplicates. Hope this can be done! Thank you so much Hi Insert a heading in row 1 and try this macro: Sub aaa() Dim f As ...

use displayed value in calculation
quick question - if I perform a simple calculation of =(a1+b1) in the m1 cell, and then need to use that result in another calculation in the n1 cell =(m1*3.14), why do I get a value of 0.00 returned? michae What values are in cells A1 and B1? A small number, showing two decimal places, could display as 0.00 michael wrote: > quick question - > > if I perform a simple calculation of =(a1+b1) in the m1 cell, and then > need to use that result in another calculation in the n1 cell > =(m1*3.14), why do I get a value of 0.00 returned? > > > > michae > -- ...

view the reference and not the value
Dear All, I am trying to bring in 5 sheets a value (text) from the first sheet. When i typing the equal (=) in the sheet2 i saw the reference and not the value. Any solution for that ? i am using the XP edition Thanks in advance Manos Hi 1. check that your target cell is not formated as 'Text'. change the format to 'General' and re-enter the formula 2. If this does not help goto 'Tools - Options - View' and uncheck 'Formulas' >-----Original Message----- >Dear All, > > >I am trying to bring in 5 sheets a value (text) from the >firs...

How do you get the maximum value to display in text box form
In a form, if I have 4 text boxes and 3 of them will contain a number. How do you get the maximum value to display in the 4th. I have tried many different things, I can make it work for a single field in a table, but that finds the value through all records. I just want it to display the max value from the numbers on the form, which could be different for various records. You could use something like this as the Control Source of the 4th text box (the underscore is for ease of reading here, and must be removed from the Control Source): =IIf([Field1]>[Field2] And [Field1]>[Field3],...

Charting with zeros or DIV/0 values
Hi - this might have an easy solution, but I'm a bit stuck. I've created a spreadsheet for data entry by another party. This data will be entered on a monthly basis and I only want to update it occasionally. So, I have control charts set up with the basic formulae (percent, mean, upper and lower control limits) in there. I was wondering if there was any way to have all of this data in the range of the chart without having the chart bottom out (i.e. plotting zeros). For example, my columns _might_ look something like this: Date.........Total...Defects...%ofDefects...Mean....UCL....

Finding maximum value
Hello, I want to find the maximum value in a column, but I want to ignore the negative and positive part of the value. Basically, the maximum difference from zero. Example: the maximum value I am looking for will be -0.467. -0.467 0.345 -0.253 0.411 Thanks Ruan One way (array-entered: CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER or CMD-RETURN): =INDEX(A1:A4,MATCH(MAX(ABS(A1:A4)),ABS(A1:A4),FALSE)) In article <OGKhnF1KEHA.2100@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, "Ruan" <ruan@aegismed.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I want to find the maximum value in a column, but I want to ignore the > negati...

Using offset in series values of a chart
I have 1 named range created with the offset function on sheet(1): Month=offset($A$1,0,0,counta($A:$A),1) Simple to use as the x-as categories in a chart. For the y-axis I want to use data which can be offset 1, 2, up to 20 columns. Yes I can create 20 named ranges but to do that for 20 sheets in my workbook gets cumbersome. Therefor my question: Can I use the offset function in the series values, like: =offset(Month,0,7) In VBA it it can be done with: ..SeriesCollection(2).Values = Month.Offset(0, 17) But then I have to create one macro for each graph...again cumbersome. Please help. T...

Determine if Value in column A exists in Column B
Hello All- Simple question...I have a sheet with several hundred 10 digit numbers in column A and in Column B. I need a formula to put in column C, that will tell me if the number in A appears anywhere in the list of column B. Doesn't matter if the num,ber in column A appears more than once in column B, just if it appears anywere at all.. A B C 1 02020 02110 True (appears at B2) 2 01121 02020 False 3 01111 98981 False 4 02110 89789 True (appears at B1) 5 19982 58676 ...

Dual Value Axes advice needed please.
Hi all, need some help with what should be a simple chart. Using Excel 2003, I have a worksheet with a rolling year of data, months on row 1, series titles in A2:A4, values in B2:M4 and Annual Total in Column N (data in N2:N4). As the Annual Total is 12 times the average I want the Total to be assigned to a second Value Axis on the right from the default Value Axis on the left. I have no problem setting a complete Series to a second value Axis, but I want to set a category to the second axis. How can I do that? Thanks. -- Spence To add the secondary category axis, go to Chart menu...

Outlook Email To email address dependent on dropdown value
I have the vba code in my word 2003 form to send an email to a specific address etc. What I want to do is depending upon the value of a specific dropdown field send to a different email address. So, if the value is 1 then send to me@thisemail.com but if the value is 2 then sent to them@thisemail.com. I've looked everywhere on this group and can't find an answer. Could someone help me out please. thanks so much you guys are great! The following should work Sub Send_As_Mail_Attachment() ' send the document as an attachment _ in an Outlook Email message Dim b...

Changing Node Values
I have the following XML.. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <EMS> <Scene> <Number_of_Patients>1212</Number_of_Patients> <MCI code_description_type="description"> <Code>Stri</Code> </MCI> <Location_Type code_description_type="description"> <Code>Stri</Code> </Location_Type> <Service_Type code_description_type="description"> <Code>Stri</Code> </Service_Type> </Scene> </EMS> using the following Xpath expression...

cell to have comma-delimited values based on text
I have a table called "220_reference" with a column name "Part Number" having a sample value of below: 4047122(All Dash no.), 4057222(All Dash no.), 4058222(All Dash no.), 4060122(All Dash no.) The entire value is in one cell representing the "Part Number" column(defined as general type so text I suppose). Simple enough. But what I need to do is take any number that has "(All Dash no.)" after it and search through a column in another table to retrieve any rows that have that number(text) in it. The other table name is "220" with ...

Droping the lowest value
Hi I need a formuls to drop the lowest value and add the rest as in..... Cell (AF4) Cell (AH4) Cell (AJ4) Cell (AL4) Cell (AN4) 100 90 80 70 170 What I want the formula to do is drop the lowest number (70) and then add the rest together (100+90+80) and put the total in Cell (AN4) Thanks in advance.. Keith "Kb" <no@spam.com> wrote in message news:445342d4$0$7528$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Hi I need a formuls to drop the lowest value and add the rest as in..... > > Cell (AF4) Cell (A...

criteria default value?
I've created a query that has a from/to criteria as shown below: >=[From Pre-School Number :] And <=[To Pre-School Number :] The possible numeric range is 1-99, so entering 7 and 7 gives you just Pre-School 7's details, or entering 1 and 99 gives you every Pre-School's details. Is there some way to have the "Enter Parameter Value" boxes come up with a default value already in there (say 1 and 99 respectively), which the user can then typeover if they choose. Thanking you in anticipation. You can create an Access Form [frmPreQuery] with 2 Textboxes (defaulted ...

(Advance Programming) Parameter Returned as Value
Hi, I wish some body could Help Me, I have being loocking for a solution for 2 days. I need to make a simple Query to check if the parameter values are in a Table. I want the Query to return "Founds" and "Not Founds". For Example: Table Definition: TName CREATE TABLE [dbo].[TName] ( [IdName] [bigint] IDENTITY (0, 1) NOT NULL , [Name] [nvarchar] (30) COLLATE Traditional_Spanish_CI_AS NOT NULL ) ON [PRIMARY] Values: Insert Into TName (Name) Values ('Paul') Insert Into TName (Name) Values ('Peter') Insert Into TName (Name) Valu...

Outbox Parameter Value Invalid Error
My Gmail is linked to Outlook. Currently, I have a message sitting in the Outbox of email. It won't send after multiple tries, and the error message reads: Task 'Gmail - Sending' reported error (0x80070057) : 'Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid.' What does this mean? I am not a very savvy IT person, so layman's terms would be helpful with any offered solutions. Thanks! ...

value from field not accepted within onlineform (3.0 -> 4.0)
Hy, We just tried to update our running CRM 3.0 to 4.0 there where nearly no problems! (1 report was not upgradeable) We where very happy. but right now a real problem was discovered: the fields: longitude and latidude from the contact form are no more accepted. Enter a value beetween .... But the values do perfectly match within the range When I delete the values I can save the form. When there is any value in the fields it causes the error: Enter a value ... Best regards for any help ...

Complete unknown values in series
I have a series of lab values vs age. I can plot them on a graph and a line forms between the values forming a curve though not symetrical. Since age is a constant across the graph from 0 to 120 hours, is there a way to get Excel to predict lab values for specific ages based on the curve generated on the graph by the known values? If so, can someone help me through this? Thank you. you can use <chart><add trendline> to have Excel try to fit your data. If you have a theoretical expected fit (Log, Power, exponential, etc) you can tell excel to fit many of those curves. In ...

Question on "Value" function
In trying to use Excel to help solve a mathematical puzzle, I would like to calculate the result of applying the mathematical operator in one cell to the numbers in two other cells. Example: A1 contains 2, B1 contains +, C1 contains 3. In D1, create a formula that will give the result of 2 + 3, i.e. 5. I have tried (among many other attempts) =VALUE(CONCATENATE(A1, B1, C1)), but it gives me a #VALUE! error. What am I missing? Hi this is not possible without using VBA. try the following UDF: Public Function my_calculate(op1 As Range, operand As Range, op2 As Range) my_calculate = Ap...

How do I change X-Axis values in a chart with 2 Y-Axis?
I am attempting to chart two data series that share a X-Axis. The Y-Axis for these series are at different ranges so I have two Y-Axis. When I do this the X-Axis turns into a non-numerical entry, example, 1-2-3-4, when my data is a time and is organized as this (15-30-60-90...etc.) Is there a chart with two Y-Axis and one X-Axis with the plot showing the appropriate spacing that I require? I am using Excel 2002 if that changes anything when You go to <chart><Chart data><series> does it show two different x data sets? if your x axis lables were on the set you chang...

Join based on next closest value (like Excel VLOOKUP)
Trying to do something similar to a VLOOKUP (Excel) in an Access 2003 query. I have the following tables: JOBS Job,Quantity A,96 B,256 C,300 D,4299 COSTS Quantity,Cost 0, $1000 100, $1200 200, $1500 300, $2000 400, $2500 500, $3000 I need a query that takes JOBS.Quantity, looks it up in COSTS.Quantity and find the cost for the NEXT LOWEST quantity. (Example: Job B has a quantity of 256 and the next LOWEST quantity from COSTS is 200 so Job B costs $1500.) The results should be as follows: JOBS.Job,COSTS.Cost A,$1000 B,$1500 C,$2000 D,$3000 This would be ...

Using form to enter "query criteria" (between values)
Good morning everyone, I want to create a form with two boxes, where first box is lower limit of the value and the second upper limit. This values should be used in my query as filter criteria. Like this (query filter criteria): > "textbox1" AND < "textbox2" Does anyone know how I can build this in a form (i.e. connect my textboxes and query criteria)? Kindly, Mikael Sweden By thinking about for another minute I found the (simple) answer. In the query criteria I put the following expression: BETWEEN [forms].[nameofform].[NameofDatefield1] AND [forms].[name...

Replace coloured cells with a value
Hi, I've got 20 or so excel spreadsheets containg some timetable information. It has been entered in a rather odd format that is preventing me analysing it. There are no values, only differently coloured cells! Ideally, I would like to be able to convert the coloured cells into cells with values relating to their colour. I have some VBA experience and am aware of the Font.ColorIndex and Interior.ColorIndex properties that can be evaluated. Does anyone have any ideas on a procedure to convert the cells within a specified range from null values with colours to values with no colours? T...

Changing & recalculating default values on a form
There are a number of occassions in my application where I use a calculated control (1) as the default value for an unbound control (2). Most of the time the user will accept this value and move forward; however, if one of the underlying values upon which the calculated control (1) is based changes, I would like the value of the unbound control (2) to be updated. I do not want to bind the control (2), because there will also be a few times when the user will need to change its (2) value independent of the value calculated in Control (1) Can I do this? Thanks so much. =?Utf-8?B?TGVM...

Table Lookup formula where 2 known values are inside array
I am using Excel. Please help, I am stuck on a non-typical table lookup I regularly use =lookup to get values where the relationship is 1:1 e.g. in a cell, I put a value, I use =lookup for that value's meaning I need to do this, but the lookup is a table, not a 1:1 column match Row 1 is a header, one of my search values Column 1 is a value I want to find the table (array) contains the other known value I need do do a enter values in 2 cells, and have a lookup return a value based on the value it looks up. eg: -- | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 w | a | d | h | i x | b | e | i | ...