Matching Multiple Columns Of Data, Some Colums Uneven

alrighty, i need basically match up three columns of data, but one o
them is uneven with the other two. Two of the columns contain "stoc
numbers" and the third is thier description. Column B has the stoc
numbers and column C has their descriptions in matching order - but
need these matched to the stock numbers in column A. There are actuall
more stock number in column A, so after the match is run there should b
no description or stock number next to some of the stock numbers i
column A.  Because of the sheer size of this file I have shortened i
for an example - so if anyone could explain the steps i need to take t
accomplish the matching would be great! This may sound very confusing s
I attached a file at what I'm trying to explain. Any help would b
great, thanks so much!! :

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

file

                 Attachment filename: book1.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=65407

Hiding empty rows and columns
Does anyone know the code for hiding all blank rows and columns in a worksheet. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following (adapted from: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteBlankRows) Public Sub HideBlankRows() Dim R As Long Dim C As Range Dim Rng As Range On Error GoTo EndMacro Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual If Selection.Rows.Count > 1 Then Set Rng = Selection Else Set Rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows End If For R = Rng.Rows.Count To 1 Step -1 If Application.WorksheetFuncti...

Twist Data?...
Hi all... I've got the following in a dataset: 19 30 1200 FI FI 20030906 36 19 30 1324 FI FI 20030906 36 and I want the following result: 19 30 1200, 1324 FI FI 20030906 26 Any guess on how to do this? thanks much!... Hmmm... Not quite clear: The data is arranged in columns, I assume It looks as if both items in the same column are the same, you want just one item, otherwise the one in the top row first, then the one from the bottom row. But what about the last 36s that should yield 26? Typo? Does the dataset have more columns or more rows or both? And how big is it?...

merging 2 cells without losing data?

Transformation of data into columns

Data Validation List not showing

Index and Match Function in VB
A few days ago, I did receive very good help from Max and Dave to achieve the following formula, =IF(B5="Synth",INDEX(AUTOS!$K$10:$K$500,MATCH(1,(Autos!$F$10:$F$500='ID'!D5)*(Autos!$G$10:$G$400='ID'!$R$2)*(AUTOS!$I$10:$I$400="C"),0))-INDEX(AUTOS!$K$10:$K$500,MATCH(1,(AUTOS!$F$10:$F$500='ID'!D5)*(AUTOS!$G$10:$G$400='ID'!$R$2)*(AUTOS!$I$10:$I$400="P"),0))+$R$2-$R$5,VLOOKUP(D5,$P$4:$R$8,3)-$R$5) Basically I was looking to retrieve data based on multiple criteria and the formula is working just fine. I now want to also be able to def...

Sumproduct with multiple date criteria
Having a tough time with this one. Sheet 1 Column A = Start Date, Column B = End Date, Column C = Quantity. Sheet 2 Row A = Start Date, Row B = End Date. I would like Row C to sum quantity from sheet 1 where ever the two date ranges intersect. The date ranges on sheet 2 represent the beginning and ending of a week (Mon-Sun). Sheet 1 Column A Column B Column C 01JAN2010 24JAN2010 1,000 Sheet 2 Row A 04JAN2010 11JAN2010 18JAN2010 25JAN2010 Row B 10JAN2010 17JAN2010 24JAN2010 31JAN2010 Row c 1,000 1,000 1,000 0 Do the Sheet 2 Star...

Querying multiple records in two tables

Adding extra data options
Is there a way to customize CRM to allow for adding another heading? I would like to add a second field similar to topic and would like to call it type. Can you add extra data fileds and types in CRM 3.0? You can add extra data fields to an entity. Go to entities customization at setting area. -- Marco Amoedo Plain Concepts http://geeks.ms/blogs/marco/ "xxdcmast" escribió: > Is there a way to customize CRM to allow for adding another heading? I would > like to add a second field similar to topic and would like to call it type. > > Can you add extra data ...

Is there a way to sort a column without invoking a macro?
I am trying to get a feel for some probabilistic properties. For example, I am trying to look at the statistics of the intervals between randomly occurring pulses. I have no problem getting a column of uniformly distributed pulse times, but they are unsorted, Every time I recalculate with cmd-=, I get a new unsorted set of pulse times because of the use of the RAND function. Is there a way of taking this unsorted column and pasting it into another colun that would be sorted without invoking a macro? To simplify and be more specific consider the following. 1. In A1:A100 I have a set...

using vba so search multiple Sheets

unique with 2 columns

Is there a way to graph data which utilizes the "fixed" function for decimal places? When I try this it will not graph, as the data has become text or something - even though I've selected number in the cell formats. If you've fixed the number of digits using only number formats, the values remain numeric, and they should chart just fine. This means selecting the range, going to the Formatting menu and selecting Cells, and on the Number tab, selecting Number in the category list, and setting a number of digits. I'm not familiar with a "fixed function". I...

Column and Line Chart
I am making a Custon Chart using the First -Column and Line Chart. When I setup the chart it makes the last column a point instead of a column. When I go in to change the type of Chart it makes the bar much bigger than the others. I know you can go into Format and decrease/increase width- but I can't believe there is a not a way to tell excel to make this a column on setup so they are all uniformly spaced. How does Excel decide whether it is a point on a line or a bar? -- Thanks, Nikki Hi Nikki - Excel simply splits the number of series between the lines and columns. If you wa...