Making phone calls right from Excel

Does anybody know of a little program to help me make phone calls (via the
windows dialer and a modem) by double-clicking on a phone number in an excel
table???

Thanks, Peter

0
ps (1)
12/17/2003 4:26:02 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

right click sheet tab>view code>copy/paste this

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)
'Sub CellToDialer() 'John Walkenbach
'   Transfers active cell contents to Dialer
'   And then dials the phone

'   Get the phone number
    CellContents = ActiveCell.Value
    If CellContents = "" Then
        MsgBox "Select a cell that contains a phone number."
        Exit Sub
    End If

'   Activate (or start) Dialer
    Appname = "Dialer"
    AppFile = "Dialer.exe"
    On Error Resume Next
    AppActivate (Appname)
    If Err <> 0 Then
        Err = 0
        TaskID = Shell(AppFile, 1)
        If Err <> 0 Then MsgBox "Can't start " & AppFile
    End If

'   Transfer cell contents to Dialer
    Application.SendKeys "%n" & CellContents, True

'   Click Dial button
    Application.SendKeys "%d"
'    Application.SendKeys "{TAB}~", True
End Sub
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Peter" <ps@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Does anybody know of a little program to help me make phone calls (via the
> windows dialer and a modem) by double-clicking on a phone number in an
excel
> table???
>
> Thanks, Peter

0
Don

Excel 2003 Problem
I had office 2003 installed in a system running XP Professional. I login to the domain with the domain user name and password and was able to work with my office. The other day i changed my domain machine but with the same domain name. But when i log in back with the domain user name i have problems with the the office suite. Outlook doesn't open at all. Office and excel asks the name when u open the document or excel sheet every time. I couldnt find a soultion. I even reinstalled the office suite, now i am able to open the outlook , word and excel, but each time a small window ope...

How to make POS to see card as swiped
Hi, Is there any way how to make POS request the authorization code as if the card was swiped directly into the "Credit Card Verification" window? I am able to "prefill" this window with the credit card number and expiration date, using the raw data from the card, but POS still sends out request that is saying the card was manually entered. Any help would be appreciated. ...

downloading excel and word
i would like to download microsoft excel and word to my pc, and i search download sites and i could not find any? i would like to download for free. anyone can help me on this thank you Sorry mate, You can't have them for free, they are commercial products sold at a price (or noone would have heard of Bill Gates!). Even if you managed to get them for free, it would be illegal!!! There's other stuff out there you can get for free, like Open Office, that will do most of what Excel and Word do, at least for the average user (and with file compatibility). Nikos "yaman" <...

Stock prices in Excel?
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Hi Folks, Can I set up excel so that it downloads and displays the current stock price for a certain stock every time I open the document or refresh? I want to use my own workbook, and I'm looking for a free solution, although I might consider an inexpensive add-on. Thanks!! Yes, Excel will do that. Pop over to the Excel forum and they will explain how: https://www.microsoft.com/mac/help.mspx?product=Excel&app=1 On 30/03/08 6:22 AM, in article ee969b4.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "graybell@officeformac...

Logarithmic graphs in Excel
Hello! I have some Excel data that lists the United States' Gross Domestic Product for each year from 1890 to 2000. The data looks like this: 1890 260.42 1891 271.87 1892 298.51 .... 1998 8495.65 1999 8848.225 2000 9156.6 I wanted to turn this data into a groovy looking line graph, so I tried using Excel's built-in Chart Wizard, but the resulting graph looks WAY too much like an exponential curve (not to mention the fact that it really doesn't all that good), so I want to turn it into a logarithmic graph. How can I accomplish this? Double click the Y axis, and on the Sca...

Printing Doubel-sided in Excel
Has anyone experienced issues attempting to print double-sided in Excel using a Canon IR C3220 (PS3 driver) or is this a feature not supported by Excel. Hi Anthony This is a printer setting. If your printer have this option it must work Another option is to do it with code http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#odd -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Anthony Spartalis" <anthony_spartalis@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ORn5khavFHA.2556@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Has anyone experienced issues attempting to print double-sided in Excel using a Canon IR ...

Help for Excel Chart problem
Hi I have a little problem. I have to prepare audience profile for some TV Channels using dimensions age, sex, monthly income and education. I want to combine metric - age and income in one chart and non metric - sex and education in other. So I dont know which chart to use. I think the most appropriate is the bubble chart (more I have the penetration as a bubble size). But I cannot think how to dispose the dimensions and data. Example: Channel 1 Age 12-18 30 % 19-34 20% 35-64 35% 64+ 15% Sex Male - 48% Female - 52% So I need to positioning this channel and compare with ot...

call sub.
hi, when i call to private sub: Exception (v_error_position, sMyText , rsimportfile(0)) i get error - "expected := " the sub: Private Sub Exception(error_position As Integer, MyText As String, invoiceid As Integer) thanks Try adding the word Call before that Call Exception (v_error_position, sMyText , rsimportfile(0)) Or, remove the () Exception v_error_position, sMyText , rsimportfile(0) You can call the sub the way you did it only if there is one parameter passed to it, when you have more then one, then use the Call or remove the () -- Good Luck BS"D "SIN&quo...

Big problem with Excel 97
Excel 97 on Windows NT 4.0 SP6 After I create a new file and save it, it takes a very long time (about 30 seconds) to close the file. I am working with lots of Excel files and it's intolerable. Please help me with this. Thanks. ...

Total in every Page in Print-out in Excel
Is there a possibility that automatic page total be included in th foote -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi This is a builtin feature in Excel since...some time! See View, Header and Footer You should come up with &[Pages] in your footer HTH Cordially Pascal "elmergev >" <<elmergev.18r8a3@excelforum-nospam.com> a �crit dans le message de news:elmergev.18r8a3@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is there a possibility that automatic page total be included in the > footer > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > ...

Change Needed
I have a neat VB code that I use in Excel. This code imports data from a text file into columns in an excel spreadsheet. The excel file has two worksheets, one is to input the .txt filename with a button for the VB code to do it's magic and convert everything I have in the text file, which usually has the same layout (in each txt file) in terms of what data I want columnized in excel. The code goes as follows.... Sub ConvertFile() Dim LCStart As Long Dim IQStart As Long Dim Lat1Start As Long Dim Lon1Start As Long Dim Lat2Start As Long Dim Lon2Start As Long Dim NbmesStart As Long Dim...

How do I make a lottery checker
How do I get excel to check my list of lottery numbers for any possible wins Hi! Post back with a good email address and I'll send you one. Biff >-----Original Message----- >How do I get excel to check my list of lottery numbers for any possible wins >. > I have done one for Texas & mega. Set up a query table to the url > design a macro to text to columns the numbers> OR goto the site>right click to download to excel>refresh from there for the tables you want a macro to check the numbers against yours. Use conditional formatting to check your numbers aga...

Excel help #3
Hi, Two questions. First is, when performing a Pivot Table, is there a way of changing the source so that when you produce a pivot table, the months are in order. And, when you concatenate and join a surname and first name together, how do you then separate them ? Thanks "Gary Newman" <gary.newman@adecco.co.uk> wrote in message news:09f501c39882$44084930$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Two questions. > First is, when performing a Pivot Table, is there a way of > changing the source so that when you produce a pivot > table, the months are in order. > &g...

PowerPoint 2007 with EXCEL Chart
Good afternoon, Thanks in advance. I hope I am in the correct group since this is both an Excel and PPT question - I created a Spreadsheet with 10 tabs, on each tab there is one fairly simple chart with a secondary axis that show a % for one column. I have the chart with format looking correct in Excel, and copy / paste to a corresponding slide in ppt. Sometime, not all of the time the format changes especially on the secondary axis, it goes to a decimal value. A lot of the time the data labels will be missing from the columns as well. Not sure what I am missing, USUALLY ...

Urgent
Hi, We're migrating the end-user reporting from MS Access to SQL Server. However, we face a problem that our users have built a very large no. of queries/reports on MS Access. We expect it would take months to migrate to the new platform. We anticipate at the changeover time, some queries are still not yet migrated. So, we need to have a method to stop user from buiding new queries in MS Access but allowing use of existing ones. Now, they are using ODBC accont to connect from MS Access to Oracle database. And, each time they run /build a query, they would need t...

"Open With" issue when right-clicking a file
When I right-click on a GIF image (or mp4 file--that's another example) and select "Open With," QuickTime Player appears twice! Listed as choices are Internet Explorer, QuickTime Player, Paint, MS Digital Image Suite, QuickTime Player (again!), Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, and Jasc Paint Shop Photo Album 5. What could be wrong, and how can I fix it? Thanks and Happy New Year. If QuickTime is the default in both cases, simply open QT and deselect these file types, as applicable. You'll find this option in the Preferences section. "saganized" &l...

MYOB to Excel
Is there an Excel expert out there that also knows MYOB? I am trying to produce CATEGORY reports in the MYOB program that will show the previous year's details alongside the Current Year's Selected Period and Year To Date columns. ie The column headings should be: Account# Account Name Selected Period Year To Date Last Year's Selected Period Last Year's Year To Date. MYOB does export to Excel but MYOB can't produce such a report and I wonder if someone has already produced a workbook that would manipulate the exported data to produce a report in the manner descri...

Benefits of Using Excel for Accounting
Hello � What are the benefits of using Excel for accounting purpose? What ar the remarkable features will help me in accounting? Thank you, Kat -- ilovetak ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ilovetako's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2760 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47123 You may be better served by buying software specifically intended for accounting. On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:08:36 -0500, ilovetako <ilovetako.1w1fqb_1127858703.7289@excelforum-nospam.com> wr...

Excel Postcode list to map
Hi, Sorry if you've already had this on the "misc" group but no reply:- I have a list of UK Postcodes in a Spread Sheet in Column A, and a List of Date/Times in Column B. I'd like to plot these on a map so that lines are drawn to show show the route in time order. Does anyone know of an excel addon, programme or website that will allow me to do this from a worksheet? -- Rich http://www.rhodes-pefkos.co.uk http://www.rhodes-lardos.co.uk http://www.rhodes-kolymbia.co.uk "Rich" <rich@richdavies.com> wrote in message news:0HhHo.35263$sK1.32443@newsfe21.i...

Excel 2002
When I open a one of my files it opens two files of the same name but with a different number on the end. E.G. the file name is "Past Players:1" and the other file name is Past Player:2, the original name is Past Players without the number. At the moment I have downloaded the trial of 2007 where the problem has been fixed, but at the end of the trial I don't want to pay for 2007 as I am a pensioner and can't afford the upgrade. You have somehow enable a New Window view. In XL 2003 this if done with Window | New Window In XL2007 it is done with New Window on the View t...

What am I not doing right...?
I've created a simple database using Access 2002 tracking donations made by individuals and donations made by Corporations. These donations are being used to rebuild the old arena in town so I created two separate tables - one for Corporations and the other for Inidividuals using the 'Amount' field as the primary key in both tables. I can total up the donations made by corporations and I can total up the donations made by individuals using the =Sum([Amount]) expression in the Report Footer. When they asked me to total up ALL the donations made by both groups I can't fi...

Excel program #5
How do I format 1000 lines odd or even cell rows simultaneously using pattern texture, i can do the individual rows to format using pattern texture but not 100 or 1000 lines Try something like the following Dim LastRow As Long Dim RowNdx As Long LastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row For RowNdx = 1 To LastRow Step 2 Rows(RowNdx).Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Next RowNdx -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "gill santiago" <gill santiago@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB...

Icons built in to startup of Excel 2000
I have a program called Crystal Reports. It somehow throws a seagate icon onto my excel 2000 worksheet on a separate toolbar. I want this icon to go onto another toolbar or a pull down menu. How do I do this? I have contacted Wind2 support (they have tech support for Crystal Reports/Seagate. They say I have to contact Microsoft. I can drag the icon to another tool bar, but when I restart Excel, it goes back where it was. Try Tools|Customize (just to see that dialog box) Now hit ctrl and drag the icon to your location of choice. But it might not help with the other toolbar. Depe...

A little bug in my macro about time (excel 2007)
Hello, I'm a senior computeruser from Belgium and I've made a macro where you can only see the time but there is a little bug in it. That bug shows up when I use my macro for the second time in a other cell. When I used it for the second time, the cell where I used my macro for the first time changes into the same time of the cell where I used my macro for the second time. This is how I made my macro: - I wrote in my formulebox --> =Nu()-Vandaag() [translation --> =Now()...

how do i transfer lotus files to excel
I need to know how to transfer files from Lotus to Excel, we are no longer using Lotus and want to change to Excel. I already made a back up of the files. thanks, mel save the lotus files at text files then import the text files into excel. no simple way on this one. excel stopped supporting lotus at R5(wk4) >-----Original Message----- >I need to know how to transfer files from Lotus to Excel, we are no longer >using Lotus and want to change to Excel. I already made a back up of the >files. >thanks, >mel >. > mel wrote... >I need to know how to transfer fil...