Making cell change colour

Hi all

I want to make a cell change colour 'on click'.

Is there any way that this is possible?

Help would be appreciated,

Many thank

darren

---

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
this would require VBA / using an event procedure like
Selection_change. Do you want to go this way?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

> Hi all
>
> I want to make a cell change colour 'on click'.
>
> Is there any way that this is possible?
>
> Help would be appreciated,
>
> Many thank
>
> darren
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)
5/28/2004 4:46:23 PM
Yes, any information would be helpful. I have a basic understanding o
VBA so fire away : )

Thanks for helping

Hi
see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

> Yes, any information would be helpful. I have a basic understanding
of
> VBA so fire away : )
>
> Thanks for helping.
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)

Excel VB-Copy formula down until adjacent cell (left) is blank?
Here is exactly what I am trying to do through VB in Excel: Weekly data pull fills colums A:G. Row count is always different. I am modifying the data pull through VB, and I have a VLOOKUP formula in cell H2. What I want VB to do is copy that formula down column H to the last row (with data) each week. I guess I want it to be dynamic so that as rows decrease/increase the formula is only copied down to the final row/record. I know someone out of this smart group will know how to do this! Thanks in advance! Tony (pseudo code) in a macro .... dim lngLastrow as long dim rngTarget...

How to correctly change security?
There are some computers in domain on which the user permissions are set as Power User, but I want to remove them and let computer to bring permissions and policies from domain controller server. I removed Power User from computer in Control Panel, but are there places where I must make changes? Is this enough? On Apr 14, 5:09=A0pm, girts <gi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > There are some computers in domain on which the user permissions are set = as > Power User, but I want to remove them and let computer to bring permissio= ns > and policies from domain c...

changing a custom toolbar
I have a legacy access database that i'm now working on in Access 2007. I have a custom toolbar set up in there (at least that is what A2007 shows it as on the Add-Ins tab of the ribbon). I need to edit that custom toolbar (menu). How do I do that? Karen Hey Karen, I have spent a lot of time trying to find examples to be able to edit a menubar from a previous version in Access 2007. Finally, I have come up with the following that works! I hope this helps: --- start code --- Function TweakToolbar() Dim cbr As CommandBar Dim cbrctl As CommandBarControl Dim cbrbutt As C...

Q: Referencing named cells in external worksheet ?
Using Excel 2002. I have a workbook with 12 worksheets (one for every month of the year), wherein a lot of the information is looked-up (using VLOOKUP) in simples arrays. I saw no point in implementing the arrays as a 13th worksheet, because I will have a yearly version of my monthly worksheets in one workbook (so one for 2003, 2004, etc). If I change the array(s), I want them to be reflected in all referencing cells. Problem: If my workbook containing my arrays (called "Global") is loaded, I have no problem and the references to it read as: (blabla) 'Global.xls'!Roster ...

how do i change days in a year to 365
How do I chage Excel's standard of 360 days in a year to be 365, for functions such as Days360 and other methods of figuring out how many days occur between 2 dates? The number of days between two dates can be calculated by direct subtraction. For example, if A1 contains 1/1/2004 and A2 contains 1/1/2005 and you enter the formula =A2-A1 in another cell, the result will be 366 (formated as an integer). -- Gary's Student "tripjules" wrote: > How do I chage Excel's standard of 360 days in a year to be 365, for > functions such as Days360 and other methods o...

Visible cell characters
Can I increase the # of characters that are visible in a cell? 67 Excel Help on "limits" or "specifications" reveals that Excel will allow 32,767 characters to be entered in a cell. However, it goes on to state that "only 1024 characters will be visible or can be printed" To work around this limitation, stick a few ALT + ENTERs in at appropriate spots. The ALT + ENTER forces a line-feed and expands the 1024 limit. How far is not really known. Just experiment. .........From Dave Peterson.......... I put this formula in A1: ="xxx"& REPT(REPT(&...

Change background color of query results from access in worksheet
Hi, I have Excel 2007 and selected Date => From Access and then navigated to an Access DB and selected a query. I chose "Table" view. The query results now appear in my worksheet which is great. However, I want to change the background. Right now it alternatives by row between a light blue and a darker blue. I want the results to have a white background with black borders but have been unable to change the format. If I go to Home and select No fill for a color background nothing happens. Is there a way to change the query results? Thanks, Could be the r...

Cell Reference Problem with Network
Let's say I have a spreadsheet with two worksheets = SheetA and SheetB. SheetA might reference a cell in SheetB with a formula like =SheetB!A1 But when I move this to the network the reference changes to include the network drive and file name like: ='Z:\FOLDER\[FILE]SheetB!A1 the file may move from my laptop to the network several times and this becomes completely confusion as the reference looks, not within the same spreadsheet which is what I want it to to, but for another file out on the network. How do I explicitly reference a cell within a difference worksheet but alwa...

How to generate a truly empty cell
"" generates a zero-length string, not a truly empty cell. This is causing problems elsewhere. I'd like to find an output for an IF statement that will give me a truly empty cell. The current formula is: =IF(COUNT(C24:C29)>0,SUM(C24:C29),"") Any ideas? If it involves a macro (as I think it might, having read other posts), please explain how to implement it. Thanks! <This is causing problems elsewhere> It shouldn't. Don't use ISBLANK(A1), use A1="" -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "paulkaye" <paulmjkaye@gm...

Splitting cells
in cell A1 i have the numbers 123456789. i want cell B1 to have numbers 1234567 and cell C1 to have just 89. what is the formula? i have tried text to columns If this is for extracting the first 7 characters use LEFT() =LEFT(A1,7) =RIGHT(A1,2) -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "fazz" wrote: > in cell A1 i have the numbers 123456789. i want cell B1 to have numbers > 1234567 and cell C1 to have just 89. what is the formula? i have tried text > to columns Hello Jacob - i did not explain this very well.The digits in cell A1 is variable length. In cell C1 i n...

Making Bars Transparent
Is there a way to make the bars in a graph transparent? Hi, Here is a work around. http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip071.htm Cheers Andy Tiffany wrote: > Is there a way to make the bars in a graph transparent? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Thank you! That is exactly what I needed to know! "Andy Pope" wrote: > Hi, > > Here is a work around. > http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip071.htm > > Cheers > Andy > > Tiffany wrote: > > Is there a way to make the bars in a graph transparent? > > -- &...

An OL folder has changed from Mail to Calendar
I have a user (using Outlook XP on WinXP, Exchange 2000) who has a folder in their inbox that contains emails. Last week he received an email which went into that folder, and somehow converted it from Post to Appointment format, so he can no longer get to the emails that were previously in there. I've never seen or heard of this before, and I don't seem to be able to manually change it. Has anyone seen this before, and if so, what can I do to get access to the emails it originally contained? Cheers, Gavan Blunt. What happens if you use Advanced Find? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Ou...

FRx Report Date won't change
We have a customer that has a GP Fiscal Year of 9073. Apparently, an AP transaction had accidentally been posted with a document date of 9073. So, in order to void that transaction, they created the fiscal year of 9073. Now, in FRx when they try to change the Report Date to December 2008, FRx changes the report date to December 9072. We've tried deleting the .g32 file and rebuilding the FRx GL Index. We've also tried deleting the SY40100 and SY40101 tables, rebuilding the Fiscal Periods in GP then rebuilding the FRx GL index but we still can use the 12/2008 date in FRx. Any...

why does wrord change the origianl date when I open a saved doc
I do not want word to change the date of a saved doc when i open it I assume that the reason is that you have inserted a date field which shows the system date. What you need to do is change those date fields for createdate fields - ALT+F9 change { DATE } or { TIME \@ "d MMM yyyy" } to { CREATEDATE \@ "d MMM yyyy" } then F9 and ALT+F9 - and change the date in your letterhead template so that future letters based on it show the correct dates. The switch \@ "d MMM yyyy" may be different at your location. See http://www.gmayor.com/stop_automat...

making a sum outcome negative based on adjacent cell value
I have 3 columns of single figures. At present i'm using the sumproduc fuction to multiply and total the figures in column A that fall betwee 4 and 9 with the adjacent figure in column B... =SUMPRODUCT(--($A1:$A600>=4),--($A1:$A600<=9),($B1:$B600),($A1:$A600) I'd like to add column C to the formula, so that if it contained value of -1, 1 or 2, the sum of the adjacent figures in columns A and appears as a negative number. For example A3= 7, B3= 2, C3= 1 Outcome= -14 A4= 9, B4= 1, C4= 5 Outcome= 9 A5= 3, B5= 2, C5= 2 No sum because figure in column A ...

SPPS
Hi We have SharePoint Portal Server 2007 english version. Duo to our localizatino, we need to change it to native Slovenian language. Is this possible and what are the steps to do this? Regards, Miha ------=_NextPart_0001_F428B286 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Once a site is created you cannot change its language. You would need to create a second site in the alternate language. Steps to do this are located here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc287692.aspx Note: There are a few blog entries and newsgroup posts that talk ab...

Merged Cells
I have imported data into Excel. The left-hand column has merged cells containing a reference number. The remaining columns contain varying records associated with the reference number, a one to many ratio. I need to display the worksheet so that the appropriate reference number is displayed in the left-hand column for each of the records in the worksheet. There are hundreds of reference numbers. Is there an automated way to do this besides unmerging each section and copying the reference number into the now unmerged cells? Thank you. ...

HOW to COUNT THE FREQUENCY of specific CHARACTER WITHIN a CELL?
How can a frequency of a specific character be counted with in a cell. Ex -" #4 Bluebirds, #6 Aquatic" is in cell B2 - how do I count the number of "#" that appear in cell B2? =LEN(B2)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(B2,"#","")) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >How can a frequency of a specific character be counted with in a cell. Ex -" >#4 Bluebirds, #6 Aquatic" is in cell B2 - how do I count the number of "#" >that appear in cell B2? >. > ...

CHANGING LEGEND TEXT
I wish to change the text in the legend box from say- (Series 1) to (MPG) or anything that has a relevance to the graph. This was done easily in Works Spreadsheet and previous versions of Excel. Using 2007 Student & Home version. Hi, Select the chart and use the ribbon Chart Tools > Design > Data > Select Data On the dialog select the appropriate series and Edit. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "mareng" <mareng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDF2E10C-04F5-411E-94C0-2504B48C1900@microsoft.com... &...

How do I make a CD booklet?
I'm making a CD and found template to make the CD cover and the back of the CD case, but I'm not sure how to make the CD booklet. If someone could let me know that would be great! Page setup, booklet, landscape, width 4.75, height 4.75 This setup will print on letter size stock with crop marks. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Emily" <Emily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0616730-90AE-488D-B9E2-8C856B25C237@microsoft.com... > I'm making a CD and found template to ma...

Make Smartlist Payables trx find unposted batches for reconcile
Smartlist currently does not view unposted payables batches. Many people want to use this object to review unposted batches and to assist in reconciling AP to the G/L or to dump AP transaction history for auditors. he Payables Transaction Smartlist object pulls the distribution accounts from the Vendor master and not the actual posted distribution. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, f...

Help with combining 2 seperate Worksheet Change Event scripts
Hi, I have 2 seperate Worksheet Change Event scripts that I would like to combine to use in one woeksheet and I'm sure how to do. I am kind of new to VB. The first script is for hiding columns based on a value selected in picklist. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) 'SalesAid Software If Target.Address <> Range("L2").Address Then Exit Sub 'MsgBox Month(Target) If Target = "All" Then Range("N:BV").EntireColumn.Hidden = False Else lastcol = Cells(6, Columns.Count).End(xlToLe...

Making subform visible when button is clicked
I would like to know what code I can use for a control button I am placing in a form so when someone clicks on the button the subform appears. Until that button is clicked, the subform is not visible. Thanks for your help. Harry hhusted, On the property dialog of the subform control, set the visible property of the subform control to No (format tab) Note: the subform control is on the main form and often has a different name from the subform inside it. Be sure to choose the subform control, not the subform inside it. Code the click event of the button like this: Me.TheButton_Click() If N...

Problems with Colour Printing
Hi there, I have a spreadsheet with multiple sheets containing colour formatting (including graphs) that is regularly printed out in colour and greyscale. The problem I have is that when I need to print out several sheets simultaneously I uncheck the "Greyscale" option under print options and have the print job come out in colour. To print multiple selected sheets in colour I need to change the print options for each individual sheet (about 10 in all) to colour (non- greyscale). One strange peculiarity of this is that some of the sheets will not need to be "Unchecked"...

How many decimal places can a cell display?
How many decimal places can be displayed in a cell? I'm running a brute force VBA procedure of finding fractions that will approximate pi to as many decimal places as Excel will display, but I don't know how many decimal places Excel will display accurately. Anybody know? I guess this is also a matter of how many decimal places VBA will calculate accurately as well. Sub PiFractions() Dim dividend As Integer, divisor As Integer, quotient As Double Dim rowpointer As Byte rowpointer = 1 For dividend = 22 To 10000 For divisor = 7 To dividend \ 3 quotient = dividend / diviso...