making a cell a link to another worksheet

hey there

I was wondering how I can make a cell a link to another
worksheet or make it open a new word doc or excel doc ?

thanks

0
msentissi (10)
5/27/2005 8:05:22 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You could use Insert|Hyperlink and follow the dialog from there.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Lookup and Sum in same cell
SHNAME ENTDATE SYMBOL QTY RATE COMM C78 1/24/2005 CSCO 1100 0.018 $20 C78 1/28/2005 CSCO -5439 0.018 $100 C78 2/23/2005 CSCO 50 0.017 $1 C78 4/5/2005 CSCO -7892 0.018 $140 C78 4/13/2005 CSCO 3786 0.018 $69 I am trying to create a lookup formula that will search by SHNAME, find each entry and sum the COMM column in one cell: SHNAME COMM C78 $360 This worksheet is thousands of rows long with multiple rows for each SHNAME. Thanks in advance -- Potatosalad2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Potatosalad...

Cell Border Line Width
Is it possible to specify the cell border line width using Excel 2002? The "Border" tab in the "Format Cells" dialog box allows me to choose predefined line widths but I need a width other than what is offered. Is there a way to do this? Thanks! Adam Not with the borders property...you are restricted to xlHairline, xlThin, xlMedium, xlThick"....... You could *possibly* fake it with the AddLines method of the worksheet but I wouldn't really want to try.....;o) OJ ...

Locked cells in IE
Hi, I need to open an Excel document from a web page. Active X controls are restricted and I cant pass the document as a parameter in a shortcut to the Excel executable because it needs to be generic (and would not e in this case). The problem Im having is that the Excel document contains locked cells that need to remain locked. When the document opens within the internet explorer interface the locked cells are not visible and the spreadsheet looks a bit disjointed. Does anyone know another way to open the document from a web page or how to make the cells visible? Many many thanks...

Can I Make Calendar Overlay my Default View?
I have my personal calendar and a shared public calendar. I have found how to go to the calendar shortcut, select the two calendars, and then overlay them. However, if I go to the folder view that overlay view goes away. Also, if I restart Outlook, I have to go through all of the work to reset that view up again. I found the "save calendar choice" freeware application mentioned in this forum elsewhere but this did not seem to really do the trick. For one thing, it only saves the view choice as side-by-side. Really, what I want to do is save my default calendar view to always sho...

How do I put worksheets in alphabetical order
I have created a database which has been worked on by someone else. I have made the necessary alterations but how do I check for duplicate entries on each worksheet. Thansk Take a look at http://cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm In article <F87E0D91-E192-42EC-A8BA-E1FEC70CCB6E@microsoft.com>, "DLee" <DLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have created a database which has been worked on by someone else. > > I have made the necessary alterations but how do I check for duplicate > entries on each worksheet. > > Thansk First you need two ...

How do you pull up another person's email box?
After my boss gave me sharing permission to his mailbox, how do I pull it up from my computer? Linda, From within your Outlook, select File, then Open, then Other User's Folders. You can take it from there I hope. Linda wrote: > After my boss gave me sharing permission to his mailbox, how do I pull it up > from my computer? you can add it to your profile in tools, accounts, select exchange acct, Change button. More Settings button then add it on the first tab. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? htt...

UPPER CASE formatting a cell
I receive excel data from a number of sources to be combined together in a single sheet. I would like to format a column of cells to be all upper case but not use the =UPPER() function. I'd like to format a cell to force any lower case char to upper case automatically when data is entered. Custom formatting as >CCCC doesn't work. Can this be done? Conversely, how can I force cell A1 to be UPPER CASE by using =UPPER(A2), then remove the reference to A2 when printing the result? I don't want the cell A2 to print. This I forget how to do. Hi you'll need VBA for this. ...

find last cell in column
Hi, Apart from using VBA, is there any way to write a formula that will find the last used cell in a column of 15 cells? In the first set below, it would be ..388, in the second set it would be .133. Any help would be appreciated. 0.006 0.000 0.036 0.125 0.133 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.313 0.388 0.006 0.000 0.036 0.125 0.133 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 ...

About worksheet change event.
I wrote a code and somewhere, I want to restrict any changes with multiple cell selections, "except" adding a whole row by right-clicking on the row number bar. How can i do this? Maybe you could test like this If Target.Rows.Count = 1 And Target.Count = Rows.Count Then ... -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "serdar" <s@s.com> wrote in message news:Og4LA$Y%23FHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I wrote a code and somewhere, I want to restrict any changes with multiple > cell selections, "except"...

how do make a row non numbered?
Trying to make a row not have a numbered value on the left side. I don't know where you're goinng with this, but.... Those numbers are used for reference purposes by excel. If you'd like to display something different, maybe this will work for you: Use Col_A to display the "row numbers" you'd prefer. Then, Tools|Options|View tab|Uncheck: Row & Column Headers If you need to display the Column Headers, you'll could put them in Row_1. Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "Removing number value from a row" wrote: > Tryi...

stuck 401 worksheet
We have one store that is unable to complete a worksheet 401 upload. Client connects fine, earlier worksheets process, it starts processing the 401, but it never completes. Eventually, the connection times out. I've run the 'Check' and 'Reindex' processes on the store's database without effect. What else can I try? Try this: Delete the worksheet, create a new 401 at HQ and backdate the effective date to any time before the date of the 401 you deleted. See if this one completes. "Jim Early" <JimEarly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

getting rid of linking errors...
hello every1, I am new to VC++. I have assignement in which i am trying to port VC 6 code to VC 2005. Although I removed some of the common errors, I am getting some linking errors while building the sol'n. These are as follows: LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library USBInfo.lib(USBInfoInterface.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) private: void __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::_Copy(unsigned int)&...

Db template that can handle making book indices?
Does anyone know if there is a template that can be used to create printed book indices? The indices are those pages usually found at the back of books that allow you to find information in any book quickly and easily. The difficulty is that some books, as an example even cookbooks, don't have a comprehensive enough index so it would be nice to create one's own esp. for books we use quite frequently where we'd like to create a booklet we tuck into the book so that when we go to do research, we can find anything. As an example, I'd like to use a cookbook because it...

Tweaking cells
If I have cells that may remain blank, how do I get them to be blank instead of showing a 0? These cells are set for text, not numbers, so I don't understand why a number would show there by default. TIA Steven Connor Hi do you have formulas in these cells and if yes what kind of formulas? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany **{Steven}** wrote: > If I have cells that may remain blank, how do I get them to be blank > instead of showing a 0? These cells are set for text, not numbers, so > I don't understand why a number would show there by default. > > TIA >...

posting multiple worksheet .xls on webpage
I've run into a slight problem trying to post an excel spreadsheet to a webpage. The spreadsheet has 6 worksheets. I've placed a link to the .xls file in the webpage. If the user clicks on the link (to open the file), he/she only sees the first worksheet. If, however, he/she downloads the file by right-clicking the link and choosing to save the file, the entire file is downloaded, and the user can then see all worksheets. Why is this occurring, and what can I do to change this behavior? Thanks, Steve -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com...

VBA and Protect Worksheet Dilemma
Hi, I am a novice at VBA and have struck a little problem. I have made a table in Excel that compares various Insurance Companies covers. I have checkboxes for the user to select which companies he/she wishes to compare and then a Compare button which takes the user to the worksheet with the comparisons on it showing only the chosen insurers. Here is my problem: I cannot protect the worksheets without getting a VBAerror. VBA cannot show columns that are hidden, or hide columns that are shown if the worksheet is protected. Can anyone assist me in how to overcome this issue, please? It ...

Pulling Data from one worksheet into another
Hi, I have a question regarding pulling text from one worksheet into another. Please can you help me? I need to duplicate the information (text only) on one worksheet to another one as it is typed. Is there a formula I can use that will allow the data typed in one worksheet to appear in the other one immediatley? I have a formula that the person before was using but I don't know how to apply it to the whole sheet. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. The formula is =IF(ISBLANK(OFFSET(OFFSET('Design Schedule'!$B$8,$A15,$B15),0,H$7)),"",OFFSET(OFFSET(&...

Users of Apple Mail getting meeting requests as web links.
Apple Mail users of my Exchange server get invites as web links to the Exchange Web Access interface instead of .ics files. Can anyone point me to what setting I need to change in Exchange to make them be .ics files again? --Sterling Anderson ...

Make Reporting Easier to customize
In future updates it would make life much easier if all the tools you needed to customize reports came with the CRM software. I am trying to do customization of reports and so far have had to buy a license for VB.net and the reporting still is not up and running yet. Even if you included a stripped down version of the business intelligence reports within CRM it would make a world of difference. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in th...

Install Exchange in another tree in the forest
I have two trees in the forest (leon.local and noel.local) and am trying to install my second exchange server in the second tree (noel.local). The installation program always tells me that it cannot contact the global catalog. The global catalog is in leon.local and I can ping it successfully. If you check the following log, it seems after checking forest prep and domain prep, it goes to the global catalog and check if the domain contains it is domainpreped. It says it is not but obviously it is because I have successfully installed the first Exchange server in leon.local. Any ideas? ...

Text cell complains about date
I have a column containing ratios like 3/4, 3/0, 5/2, etc. I have them all formatted as text. All of the cells that have a zero as the second number (3/0) get a little green triangle and a warning that I have entered a "date string with only 2 digits for the year". Huh? How is "3/0" a date string with 2 digits for the year? And, why is it complaining about a text field? More importantly, how do I get Excel to stop being so "helpful" and leave my damned text data alone -- unexamined? Remove the warning in Options, Tools>Options>Error Checking in 2003...

Links Problem
I have a spreadsheet which contains links to other spreadsheets on m PC. When I send the spreadsheet to a friend and they open it and clic "Don't Update" they get errors where the linked formulas are. I thought that as long as you didn't try to update the links th spreadsheet should be OK and look the same as when it left m computer. HELP !!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad -- Hibbste ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Hibbster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3016 View this thre...

Pasting an excel worksheet into word
How do I rotate an Excel worksheet 90 degrees when pasting it into a Word file? Hi one workaround: - copy the data in Excel - insert the data as PICTURE within MS Word ('Edit - Paste Special') - use the 'Draw' toolbar to rotate this picture Note: The data is not updated within this picture if you change the Excel file. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Rix wrote: > How do I rotate an Excel worksheet 90 degrees when pasting it into a > Word file? Frank When I do this the rotate buttons are greyed out and I can't use them. Hi I just tried it (with Excel...

I am unable to open links
I am unable to open links in my received messages I keep getting a message up 'this operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this computer please contact administrator' I have checked my security setting and they seem ok, please help!!! This is a problem with IE, its not an Outlook error. You need to reset your internet settings in IE's Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab. (Or Control panel, Internet options, Advanced tab). See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm for the latest information. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook T...

another session
I have a button on a form which is suppose to update a memo field and when I choose this button the following error occurs: Run-time error '3188' could not update; currently locked by another session on this machine. what other session is this? how can I determine this? this is the only access database open on this machine. Could you post your 'update a memo field' code so we can take a look and try to help you. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.cardaconsultants.com/ For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net Please rate this...