Mail merge times; How not to show seconds please? #2

I have a spreadsheet being used for mail-merge to Word letters, which
includes times for appointments. In the s'sheet the formatting is for
hh:mm but on merging the seconds also show and this is not required.

I'd like to know the easiest way of merging to show only the hour &
minutes. Is there a formula to convert or remove the seconds values
please?

I'd rather not have to manually enter another column of "text"
formatted times if there is another way that anyone can help me with
please?

Thanks a lot.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Gill,
I see you expected an answer within an hour.  Please allow 48 hours.

Personally being oriented to Excel, I would stick to formating
as text in Excel.    You could copy the worksheet with a macro
and convert all cells to their text components and then use that
sheet, and your new sheet would have to be the first sheet in
the workbook -- minor change
   Sheets(ActiveSheet.Name).Copy Before:=Sheets(1)
to the macro at:
   Proper, and other Text changes -- Use of Special Cells
   "Convert all cells to text values   (#Text)"
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm#text
You might also color the entire spreadsheet to a light gray
so you know it is only a copy for use with MailMerge and/or
rename the worksheet accordingly.

But more in accordance with your request,  you can enter the
formatting in your Word document.

  Mail Merge FAQ   (Cindy Meister)
   "Force Word to use the number format you want"
   http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/mergfaq.htm
---
HTH,

<gill.webster@virgin.net> wrote in message news:1117790565.645870.240560@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> I have a spreadsheet being used for mail-merge to Word letters, which
> includes times for appointments. In the s'sheet the formatting is for
> hh:mm but on merging the seconds also show and this is not required.
>
> I'd like to know the easiest way of merging to show only the hour &
> minutes. Is there a formula to convert or remove the seconds values
> please?
>
> I'd rather not have to manually enter another column of "text"
> formatted times if there is another way that anyone can help me with
> please?
>
> Thanks a lot.

0
dmcritchie (2586)

outlook will not save my outgoing mail

"View Image Slide Show"

More Columns #2

Linking files 2 ways

Goal Seek #2

Over Time Pay rate 1.51?

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

Please help #8

Contacts in Exchange #2

OE autodelete OLD mail

outlook 2007 e-mail

Increment A2 from A1 and A2 Sum #2

CD plays 64 seconds and stops
I am on 64bit vista with mwp 11 (I think) When I play or rip a CD it plays 64 seconds and stops telling me it can't read the CD. The CD plays on other computers just fine. I would love to be able to listen to music. On Feb 5, 8:09=A0am, Clark <Cl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am on 64bit vista with mwp 11 (I think) > > When I play or rip a CD it plays 64 seconds and stops telling me it can't > read the CD. =A0The CD plays on other computers just fine. =A0I would lov= e to be > able to listen to music. I am also on a 64-bit Vista OS - ...

inbox problems #2
My inbox says I have 3 new messages. I don't.. Its lying. So how do I correct this.. Its not a major problem but distracting. Computers are supposed to be always right.... As a sidelight to this. I deleted the Unread messages, thingy in the favorite folder place. I thought I would bring that back and see if there were some messages that were bad. I read the help file and it says to just click on any file you want to add to the favorite folder. But its gone.. totally and completely there is no Unread Message line to click on.. What's a person to do? See my reply to your late...

Outlook: default new mail location
We seem to have a problem with users that log into a workstation that they have never logged into before. Basically, the default NEW MAIL location is set to a PST local to their c: drive. So, when they open up Outlook to check thier mail. All MAILBOX, INBOX mail slowly dissapears and is moved to the local pst file. Once, we configure the users Outlook profile on that machine and change the default NEW MAIL location to the Exhange/Mailbox/Inbox it works fine. I've heard about PRF files, but I am unfamiliar with configuring them. All I want is for the default NEW MAIL locatio...