Macros Disabled by 2010 Shared Workbook

Hi there.

I have a shared work book which contains VBA. We have always run it
in
2003.

Recently, we leapfrogged 2007 and went to 2010. It seems that in
shared mode, the VBA is disabled. When I remove shared mode, the VBA
comes alive again.

Is there a setting to correct this behaviour or is this simply the
reality in Office 2010?

Thanks in advance,
Darren
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

World Cup 2010 Spreadsheet
Hi All & Happy Christmas & New Year, I'm working on a World Cup spreadshhet. (Excel 2003) In one section of it I've got the Group table A B C D E F G H I P W D L F A Pts GD S. Africa Below each table I've got the fixtures & these are what feed the above table. Beside each team in the fixtures I've got seperate cells for W,D, & L. These cells are each comparing the scores of each fixture & if True they're resulting 1, if ...

Hide screen movements when a macro is running
I generally create Macros by recording keystrokes. One macro I have moves around the spreadsheet for about 5 minutes, copying, pasting etc etc But I do not want the user of the spreadsheet to see all the movements...even though they are so quick...effectively is there a way to 'freeze the screen' at the start of the macro...so all the movement is hidden. It may be something I have to turn back on again at the end of the macro? Thanks for any help available At the beginning Application.ScreenUpdating = False and at the end Application.ScreenUpdating = True ...

Random Macros.
Hi, Does anybody have, or are smart enough to write, an excel macro that will produce random numbers WITHOUT duplicates. I can't see to get my head around this problem Also asked in .newusers. Please don't multipost. You may provide more details on what you wish the macro to produce and where. Regards, Anders Silven "ken ogden" <netadd@tpg.com.au> skrev i meddelandet news:40e1edc2@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > Hi, > > Does anybody have, or are smart enough to write, an excel macro that will > produce random numbers WITHOUT duplicates. I can't see to get ...

Macro to Shade Cells with the color specified by 3 other cells?
I have cells in a row with RGB values between 0 and 255. I'd like another cell to be shaded in the color specified by those three values. Can this be done with a macro? If so, what is the macro? Thanks. -Rob Rob, You can use something like Range("A1").Interior.Color = RGB( _ Range("B1").Value, Range("C1").Value, Range("D1").Value) where B, C, and D have the Red, Green, and Blue values. However, there's a problem here. Excel supports only 56 colors, although those 56 colors can be any RGB color you want. These colors are stored in...

Excel Linked Workbooks #2
How do I remove the link in a workbook created by someone else, but no longer needed? Hi see: http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Barb wrote: > How do I remove the link in a workbook created by someone > else, but no longer needed? ...

DPM RC 2010
When we try to restore an instance of SQL straight to the SQL server (using the Recover to Any Instance of SQL Server), we don't get an option to rename the database files. Meaning that if we recover it to the same server as the production database, it will overwrite as opposed to creating a separate database. If you are recovering to same server, you may recover them as files and attach to the database server. We will take a look into this scenario in future releases. Thanks for your valuable feedback. Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "A...

using find in 2 or 3 workbooks that are open
When I have 2 or 3 seperate excel file programs open. When I do a find it will only search that particular file. Is there a way to set it up so all excell files can be searched? Thanks Nothing built into excel lets you do this. I guess you could have a macro that searches each workbook (and each worksheet in each workbook???). Kind of like this: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim wkbk As Workbook Dim wks As Worksheet Dim FindWhat As String Dim FirstAddress As String Dim FoundCell As Range Dim resp As Long Dim myWindow As Window Dim isVisible As Boolean ...

Creating new worksheets in a workbook....with a twist
I am currently trying to create somthing, I dont even know if excel i capable of doing it however. Basically I have a main page (Sheet 1) with a list in Column A wit building sites. Currently it goes from A10-32. Now each of thes currently has another worksheet within the workbook attached to it, an the information in the according row is displayed in that workbook. Is there a way in excel to create somthing so that when I add a nam into cell A33 that it automatically creates a new Worksheet with title of what is written in that cell? Only the Column A would be abl to do this no other colu...

Macro to update Chart #2
I'm trying to create a macro that will update a dashboard of charts by pushing a button. The data resides in the same excel file but different page and the dashboard contains approx 7 charts. The charts are updated quarterly and rather than having to go into each one and shift the source data I would like to automate it....any ideas? I'm a novice to macros! -- lajohn63 Why use a macro? Make dynamic charts: Dynamic Charts - http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/dynamic-charts/ Dynamic and Interactive Charts (overview) - http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html - Jon ...

How to disable security warning
I have VBA procedure in MS Access that automatically sends e-mail; after upgrading to SBS2003 (Exchange Server2003) and Outlook2003 I now get warnings about each e-mail. I've loaded the admpack from the Outlook resource kit on the SBS, created the public folder "Outlook Security Settings" with read access for all users. I modified the security settings to automatically allow: When sending from Outlook object model; when sending items via CDO; when accessing the address book via Outlook and CDO; when accessing information via Outlook and CDO; and when executing SaveAs via...

Why did you disable animated gifs?
I would have never upgraded to outlook 2007 if I had known you disabled animated gifs. If it's for security reasons, I am willing to risk it. It should be up to the user to decide. Just put in an option the enable or disable animated gifs. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I...

Using a macro to make a list from Results
Hi, I have made a macro that runs another macro and copies the results to a new column thus creating a list. I want to make the macro run over a large number of cycles and create a large list without me having to type in the same command over and over. How can I do this? I have pasted the macro below: Sub Macro8() ' ' Macro8 Macro ' Macro recorded 2/06/2008 by deemo ' ' Application.Run "Iterate2" Range("B1").Select Selection.Copy Range("N8").Select ActiveSheet.Paste Range("F1").Select Selection.Copy Range("O8").Select Act...

Macro Error: Unable to get Var property
My macro appears to have trouble calculating variance (using th worksheet function) for a range of cells I have. The code I have is: Lead_Y = ((WorksheetFunction.count("A:A") - 1) WorksheetFunction.Var("A:A")) / WorksheetFunction.Var(Original_Y) Where Original_Y is defined as: Set Original_Y = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A3:A300") My error is: Run-time error '1004': Unable to get the Var property of the WorksheetFunction class Any ideas why I might be getting this message would be tremendousl appreciated. Thanks, -Pet -- Message poste...

Make a Macro Button Look the way I want it to, not from the list
I have just gotten 2007, in the past I have set up Macro buttons for printing to different trays, for Tray 1 I made the Macro button look like the number 1, Tray 2 Macro button looked like the number 2 and Stack Bypass Macro Button had SB on it. I have managed to set up the macro buttons but I can't figure out how to customize the bottons to look how I want them to look as in not from the range made available at the time of recording the macro. See http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm or http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Ribbon_Custom_Icons.htm or http://gregmaxey.mvps....

Assigning Macros to Function Keys?
Excel 2002, Windows XP I would like to simplify Edit/Paste by assigning that to the F1 key. As far as I can tell, using Toolbars\Customize doesn't help. Also, although I can assign a macro to a CTRL key, I haven't seen any options for assigning the macro to one of the function keys. Have I missed something? Or can anyone advise on how to use VBA to do this? (I have basic (very) knowledge of VB.) This is a obviously not a high priority question... but I am peeved because I know it should be do-able and don't have the time (ability?) to figure out how to use VBA for ...

Macros #3
I deleted all macros from my workbook and still get a 'Workbook contains macros' warning when opening the file. Is this a bug? What can I do to avoid the message? Hi you also have to delete the (empty) modules: - open the VBA editor (ALT+F11) - select your modules and delete them - close your VBA editor and save the workbook -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany LucB wrote: > I deleted all macros from my workbook and still get a 'Workbook > contains macros' warning when opening the file. Is this a bug? What > can I do to avoid the message? Hi LucB! See: Chi...

Saving files with macros
I use to be able to set the protection properties to enable macros and everything with macros would work without halting. Now in 2007 I must save in ..xlsm format for this to happen. I am the only person on my computer and it's real pain to remember to file as a special format when I have created macros. Is there way to just allow macros period? -- Skip Using Office 2003 Pro 2007 Student version There is a setting in Office | Excel Options that saves all files as macro-enabled best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from emai...

DPM 2010 Hyper-V Backup ini Saved State only option
Using DPM 2010 backing up a file server we only have the option to backup the Hyper-V in a saved State. According to the following conditions that must be met to allow online backup. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd637102.aspx The one issue I am confused about and we also have implemented is, "A ShadowStorage assignment of a volume inside the VM is explicitly set to a different volume other than itself." Our shadow copy is configured to use a seperate volume. This was done following Microsoft recomendations for best performance and reliability. Se...

Save a single sheet from a workbook
Is there a way to save a single sheet from a workbook instead of saving the whole book. No. The best you can do is delete all the other sheets and save the workbook under a new name. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to save a single sheet from a workbook instead of saving >the whole book. > >. > You can do it with VBA Sub SaveThis() Dim sFilename As String Activesheet.Copy sFilename = Application.GetSaveAsFilename( _ fileFilter:="Excel Files (*.xls), *.xls") If sFilename <> False Then ActiveW...

Excel slow to load blank workbook on startup
Hi Excel 2003 Excel opens quickly to display the program frame but with the grey background instead of the cells of the initial worksheet. About 5-10 seconds later it loads the worksheet. It might be loading it from our companies slow server. What is the standard workbook that it's trying to load? What is it called? Is there path to it in Options? If there is I can't see it :-( Hope you can help me. Cheers Dave F. Excel isn't like MSWord. There are no standard workbooks that have to be opened when excel opens. Each user does have the option of adding any workbooks he or ...

Macro query + excel 2003
I need a button so that when pressed it exports the data from the cell range A21:S81 on this sheet it also exports the info from the same range A21:S81 on sheet 2 to an external excel workbook. Thanks Hi Neil Try the below macro.. --Edit the extternal workbook name and path --Edit the destination sheet name... --Edit the copy desitnation. Currently that is mentioned as cell A1 Sub Macro() Dim wb1 As Workbook, wb2 As Workbook Application.DisplayAlerts = False Application.ScreenUpdating = False Set wb1 = ActiveWorkbook Set wb2 = Workbooks.Open("c:\1.xls"...

Excel how to tell if workbook is already open BEFORE you try to open it.
I've been looking all over the net trying to find C# code to determine if a workbook is open before you try to open it so you can alert the user to close it before you update it. There must be a way. Please help. hd "hdjim" <hdjim69@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:121fe4a0-138e-497f-b6b7-32b4b3f9ef7a@o14g2000yqb.googlegroups.com... > I've been looking all over the net trying to find C# code to determine > if a workbook is open before you try to open it so you can alert the > user to close it before you update it. > > There must be a w...

DPM 2010 setup with Data Domain Device
Hello all. Jsut wondering if there is anyway i can use a DataDomain device with DPM2010. VTL is one option...i'm testing thids for short term recovery and dont have the ability to do recovery points etc. Now, does dpm work for CFS or NFS...is there any way for me to get this go weith 2010? thanks -- G. Though we have tried with this device in our lab, but documentation of data domain saying that it can export disk as ISCSI disks, you may seed ISCSI disk as part of DPM storage pool. http://www.sandirect.com/product_info.php?products_id=787 -- Thanks, ...

Triggering an Excel macro on press of SAVE
Hi, I want to perform some check before saving an excel worksheet. If the check is successful, then only should the worksheet be saved, else i'd like to give a simple error message. Could someone tell me if it is possible to trigger an excel macro (developed by the user) when the standard SAVE button on the toolbar is pressed ? and within that i'd like to call the standard SAVE functionality once my checks are successful. Thanks in advance, Darshan Darshan, Look at the BeforeSave event. It's in module ThisWorkbook. You have to change the object (left) dropdown from (General...

Disable user to send email out in Exchange 5.5
I would like to configure a mailbox from Exchange 5.5 that only allow a particular mailbox to receive email message but could not send out, no matter send out to internet or internal user. Could anybody show me how to config it, please. Try just setting the limit for send to be like 1k on that mailbox. Each time they try to send it would say they are over the limit. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samp...