Macros behave differnet when invoked by different methods

Using XL 2003, i have recorded several macros. For example, i recorded
one that changes the "Move selection after Enter", to toggle the
selection either Up or Right. I created an icon, using the letter "Z"
to invoke it. When I click on the icon, the press Enter, the selection
will move as required. But, if i use Alt Z to invoke the macro, then i
have to press Enter 2 times. I have noticed this with other macros,
that when invoked using Alt + letter, then an extra Enter is required.
How can i eliminate the extra "Enter"?

Thanks...

Tonso
0
Tonso
3/5/2010 12:31:42 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Just a guess...

If you use Z as the accelerator for more than one icon on your toolbar, excel
will cycle through all the icons.

Try watching the screen to see if you're looping through multiple icons with the
same accelerator shortcut key.

--

Dave Peterson
0
On Mar 5, 8:04=A0am, Dave Peterson <peter...@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote:
> Just a guess...
>
> If you use Z as the accelerator for more than one icon on your toolbar, e=
xcel
> will cycle through all the icons.
>
> Try watching the screen to see if you're looping through multiple icons w=
ith the
> same accelerator shortcut key.
>
> Tonso wrote:
>
> > Using XL 2003, i have recorded several macros. For example, i recorded
> > one that changes the "Move selection after Enter", to toggle the
> > selection either Up or Right. I created an icon, using the letter "Z"
> > to invoke it. When I click on the icon, the press Enter, the selection
> > will move as required. But, if i use Alt Z to invoke the macro, then i
> > have to press Enter 2 times. I have noticed this with other macros,
> > that when invoked using Alt + letter, then an extra Enter is required.
> > How can i eliminate the extra "Enter"?
>
> > Thanks...
>
> > Tonso
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

Thanks Dave! That was the problem.

Tonso
0
Tonso

Dimensions difference between Publisher and PDF
When I convert a document from Publisher into PDF, using acrobat Distiller, there is always a slight shift between the original document and the PDF when I print it. For instance, if I have a 22 mm left margin in my Pubblisher document, I'll never get the same, printing the PDF. How can I configure Acrobat in order to respect the exact dimensions of the original document ? What is the difference in the measurement? Is the whole document shifted one way? Whose Postscript driver are you using to create the PS file? This is more likely a problem with the Postscript printer driver and/or...

Onscreen keyboard, how to invoke?
I'm using VC++ 6 pro. XP offers a nice onscreen keyboard, osk.exe. I would like to launch and exit this from within my program. Is this possible, and how? Thanks, Harald ShellExecute osk.exe to launch it. PostMessage a WM_CLOSE to its main window to close it. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Harald" <Haraldnospamcollonia@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:fKpcf.6792$m81.5084@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net... > I'm using VC++ 6 pro. XP offers a nice onscreen keyboard, osk.exe. I would > like to launch and exit this from within my program. Is this possibl...

Same CR report with different databasename
I had create a lot of report in myTesting server. the SQL server named 'SQL-001' however, my client's SQL server is another name , now, I can't preview the report after publish the web.app to it server, Any simple method to solve it ? I don't want to re-write all the report under their server. Thanks a lot Hi Sze, Based on my understanding, you are facing the problem to get the data from the client SQL Server after you publish the report to the server. If I have misunderstood you, please feel free to let me know. A simple way to solve this issue is...

macro results wrong
I recorded marcos in a workbook. I then saved the workbook uder a ne name . Naturauly I had to modify the macro ref file names to the new fil name. I can now run the macros , however I get the wrong results. example: i have this formular =if(data!c5=0,0,data!c5/data!d5) in the orignal workbook it works fine when I copy an autofill the fields in that column. In the new workbook the formular is right but th resutant value is a constant for all the auto filled cells!! eg. if th cell A1 = 3 all the other cells A2 , A3 , A4 are dispalying 3 enven the formula shows otherwise. Please help :co...

UNABLE TO RECORD EXCEL MACRO
Hello, I was able to record excel macros up until last week. There was a pop-up informing me of a MISSING Visual Basic Library. Thereafter, when I try to record excel macro, I receive a pop-up message "Unable to Record". I have tried DETECT and REPAIR and even uninstalled and reinstalled my MS Office XP. However the problem still persisted. Please advise. THX. You will need to go into the Visual Basic Editor, selec "Tools"/"References" from the toolbar and check the appropriat libraries are selected. You should have as a minimum: Visual Basic For Appl...

install different versions of vista
i have a Vista Home Basic 32bit disc, and the product key on my dell inspiron 530 says Vista Home Basic OEMACT...does this mean i have a oem disc? and if so can i still use it to install a different version of vista for example ultimate? i try to boot from it, but it never gives me the option to select my os or enter a product key. justin071894 wrote: > i have a Vista Home Basic 32bit disc, and the product key on my dell > inspiron 530 says Vista Home Basic OEMACT...does this mean i have a oem > disc? Yes. > and if so can i still use it to install a diffe...

Macro code behind button
How do I find out what macro and the code assigned to a specific button in an Excel worksheet? I can view all the macros assigned to the workbook, but it appears that there may be other macros running on these buttons (my personal list of macros is empty)(I am the author of the workbook). Right-click on button, assign macro. See that is assigned. If an ActiveX control, you may need to click on "view code". Alternatively, you can bring up the VBE (Alt+F11) and look through the different parts of your workbook to see what coding is in there. -- Best Regards, Lu...

Macro to run based on criteria
Hi, i need a macro to run based on a criteria in A1. In A1 i have a dropdown list with sheets name. If i select in A1 the sheet John, and then i run the macro, i need the macro to copy some cells from the sheet John. If i select in A1 the sheet Mary, then the macro to copy from sheet Mary. Can this be done? Thanks! Yes. Try the below... With Sheets(CStr(Range("A1"))) ..Range("A1:A10").Copy Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B1") End With "puiuluipui" wrote: > Hi, i need a macro to run based on a criteria in A1. > In A1 ...

Integers behaving like strings
I hope someone can help me find the reason for this behavior. I am using a query to run a report that needs to capture status at the end of the month, so I need to exclude records that might have been added later than the month end I'm interested in. I do this by setting a month and year on a form named Splash. The month field, [cbxMonth], is a combo box with column 1 being MonthID as an integer and column 2 being the month name as a string. The bound column is column 1. (I started this as a value list, and then tried basing it on a table just in case there was something wrong ...

how 2 create and run a macro
i want to try record a new macro. can you teach me the way to create and run it. i am facing the problem Hi a good introduction to macros can be found at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Lee Sok Har wrote: > i want to try record a new macro. can you teach me the way to create > and run it. > i am facing the problem ...

saving the same file in different places at a time
hi, i have an excel file in one system when i update this file, is it possible some range of cells in this file to be saved in the different system also how do i give a link to the other file? appreciate, if anyone could help Sounds like you want to paste a link so that the cell will update every time the other cell gets new info... To do this, say you want to link cell A1 to cell A7...click on cell A7 and click copy...Go to cell A1 and click paste...Then (if you have Excel 2003), click on Edit/Paste Special/Paste Link and you now have youe link...The "Paste Link" Button ...

Help Modifying Hyperlink Macro
Hello, I currently have the following macro that converts text to a hyperlink. Sub CovertTxt2Hyperlink() Dim cCell As Range Dim strHLinkBase As String strHLinkBase = "http://grow.hp.com/Saba/loginAsUser.jsp?deepLinkName=CourseDetail&deepLinkParams=courseId=" For Each cCell In Selection.Cells If cCell.Hyperlinks.Count = 0 Then On Error Resume Next ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add _ Anchor:=cCell, _ Address:=strHLinkBase & cCell.Value, _ TextToDisplay:=cCell.Value cCell.NumberFormat = "@" 'Forma...

Outlook 2002 reply email going from different account
Dear All, I've Outlook 2002 which came with Office XP Pro. I've configured 2 email accounts with different domains. E.g.vikrant@abc.com and vikrant@xyz.com. abc.com is default email and xyz.com is second in order. The problem is that, when I receive an email for abc.com and when I hit reply button the it says "this mail will be sent using xyz.com account" when its supposed to go from abc.com. But it does'nt do the same thing for xyz.com. i.e. when I reply to a mail received to xyz.com it goes from xyz.com account itself. I've tried everything from formatting t...

locking tabs w/macros
i have a workbook that employees use to track project progress. they enter project data into sheet 1 and vbscript macros manipulate this data and output it in various ways on worksheets 2-15. i want to lock sheets 2-15 so employees cannot enter data, but when i protect those sheets the macros are no longer permitted to work. is there a way i can prevent cell editing by USERS but permit editing by MACROS? this seems like it should be fairly obvious, but i cant figure it out. thanks in advance! Hi eric, 1) you might want to use the following instruction when protecting the sheets: ...

Macros #12
I didn't see a group for Excel Macros so I'm posting here. I created a macro, saved it in the workbook that I was working on, gave it a short cut key stroke and it all worked perfectly. When done with the exercise I deleted the macro from that workbook. When I open a new workbook the ctrl key still activates the macro. I can't find where or how I delete the short cut key combo for that macro? All help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. SteveR "Steve" <SteveR7138@msn.com> wrote in news:ebQ92OWsFHA.3604@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl: > I didn't see a gro...

Does batch recovery result in different transaction source values?
We have a situation that we can't explain. Here are the facts: 1. User posted a Receivings transaction batch comprised of 37 different receipt transactions. 2. In the G/L, transactions #1-32 have a ORTRXSRC value of 'RECVG00001854', a TRXSORCE of 'GLTRX00037046' and an ORGNTSRC of 'RECVG00001854'. 3. In the G/L, transactions #33-37 have an ORTRXSRC value of 'GLTRX037046', a TRXSORCE of 'GLTRX00037047', and an ORGNTSRC of 'GLTRX037046'. Note the slight difference (one less zero) in the TRXSORCE and ORGNTSRC values compared to transacti...

How do I share Outlook (mail) between different Users in Win XP?
I have done this for a couple of years using Outlook Express, but can not figure it out in Outlook. I want to share Outlook with multiple Users in Win XP. (Using the same email address for all users). Any suggestions? Just configure Outlook in a way that each user has access to the same data file, find your pst file and move it to a place where each user is able to access it, then use file/open at each user account to open the file. Configure the email account for all users. Thomas Quester www.olfolders.de "aebarney" <aebarney@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im...

Goto Macro #2
Hi I run Win2K with Excel 2K I require a macro that when I place a number in a cell that the curser then jumps to a particular cell (or range name if that is the better way to do it) ie; Action In cell A1 I type the number 1 Result The curser jumps to cell A20 Action In cell A1 I type the number 2 Result The curser jumps to cell A21 etc etc etc Any help is much appreciated John Calder John In the sheet module.................... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1")) Is No...

Running a macro depending on a cell value
Hi there, I have an interesting one here ... I have assigned a macro to a command button. However I want to control this macro not to happen, i.e. not to run on click of the command button, depending on the value of another cell. That is say cell a1 = 1 I want the macro to work on click of command_button1 if cell a1 = 1. But i do not want it to run, i.e. act as if there is no macro assigned to it, if cell a1 = 2 or any other number not 1. Can this be done. Would appreciate any suggestions Thanks in advance, Brian Sure you can do that with an If statement. Example: Sub Button2_...

Macro help please
First I'll say hello. I'm short of time right now, but will be back soon. I do have a problem to solve. I'm trying to write a macro that monitors a cell (W30) and then runs a sub when the value of the cell changes to "1". The sheet will run 24/7, and so should the macro. The value of the sheet will change via DDE link. I've tried macros that detect a cell change in value, but they insist on the (enter) key. Thanks for any help in advance. Gotta run, be back soon. :cool: ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.Ex...

Business Management Error Move CRM 4.0 Database to Different Machi
Hi, I have backed up a CRM 4.0 _MSCRM and MSCRM_Config database from one machine and restored both on another machine ( Which had been useing a test database). After restoring both databases on the new host I used the Deployment Manger to import the restored database. After completing the import when I attempt to open CRM I get an error message saying " Business Management Error The user ID associated the current record is not valid" From the server where I'm logged an as Administrator On client PC I get the following. Server Error in '/...

Send To Macro
Hi guys, I can set a macro to send the workbook to an emai address/group. What I'm looking for is a way to send just a hyperlin to the file itself instead of the file. FILESIZE being the issue here. Any ideas would be greatly appreciate -- theshelton ----------------------------------------------------------------------- thesheltons's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1544 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27042 This may help: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3EC1827F.CA57713B%40msn.com But read the w...

Applying the same macro to multiple Visio documents
Hi, I have created a macro which allows me to convert some of the information in my visio documents to text file. The problem is that I have dozens of visio files which I need to apply this macro to in order to create text files for each of these files. Is there an easy way in which I can apply the macro to all these files? Maybe there is a quick way of loading a macro into an visio document so that it runs when you open the visio file. Thanks for your help, Barry. There is an example of looping through a directory of Visio files at visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm. Look at the second item la...

Macros--excel 2000...
The stop dialog box, should but does not appear when I begin to write a macro. Thus I am unable to write a macro using relative cell reference. What do I have to do to get the sstop dialog box to show up when I initiate a amcro? To reactivate the Stop Recording toolbar: Choose Tools>Macro>Record New Macro Click OK Choose View>Toolbars>Stop Recording Click the Stop Recording button (the blue square) The next time you record a macro, the toolbar should automatically appear. When you're finished recording, click the Stop Recording button If you close the toolbar by click...

delete personal macro
Hi, I've created a macro in my personal wkbk,however, I dont know how to delete the macro completely. I tried to delete from tool --> macro.... , a pop up says I hav to unhide a wkbk to perform. For this, I dont really understand which workbk its asking actually? The orginal one when I was creating the marco? thx The workbook to unhide is Personal.xls. You do that from the Window menu. /On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 18:15:04 -0800, "kalz" <kalz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >I've created a macro in my personal wkbk,however, I dont know how to delete &g...