Macro won't delete? Any ideas?

Hi,

I inserted an Excel 5.0 dialog worksheet into my spreadsheet.  Excel seemed
to insert also a macro, which I then located (Tools -> Macro -> Macros, then
deleted all the macros in the document).  I also deleted the worksheet.

However, since then, Excel asks me every time I open it if I would like to
enable macros.  This is very annoying seeing as I thought I deleted them.
Can anyone direct me where I might find the remaining macro?

thanks.
Gabbon (2)
4/3/2006 7:37:02 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Gabbon

You have to delete the module that held the code too.  Check here

http://www.nickhodge.co.uk/tipstrick.htm#macrowarningremoval

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Gabbon" <Gabbon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I inserted an Excel 5.0 dialog worksheet into my spreadsheet.  Excel
> seemed
> to insert also a macro, which I then located (Tools -> Macro -> Macros,
> then
> deleted all the macros in the document).  I also deleted the worksheet.
>
> However, since then, Excel asks me every time I open it if I would like to
> enable macros.  This is very annoying seeing as I thought I deleted them.
> Can anyone direct me where I might find the remaining macro?
>
> thanks.

Thanks a lot
--does the trick perfectly!

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

> Gabbon
>
> You have to delete the module that held the code too.  Check here
>
> http://www.nickhodge.co.uk/tipstrick.htm#macrowarningremoval
>
> --
> HTH
> Nick Hodge
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
> Southampton, England
> www.nickhodge.co.uk
> nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS
>

> "Gabbon" <Gabbon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I inserted an Excel 5.0 dialog worksheet into my spreadsheet.  Excel
> > seemed
> > to insert also a macro, which I then located (Tools -> Macro -> Macros,
> > then
> > deleted all the macros in the document).  I also deleted the worksheet.
> >
> > However, since then, Excel asks me every time I open it if I would like to
> > enable macros.  This is very annoying seeing as I thought I deleted them.
> > Can anyone direct me where I might find the remaining macro?
> >
> > thanks.

Gabbon (2)

starting with a macro
I want to know how can I start with a macro autimatically when I open a worksheet. I usually link a pushbutton with a macro to start the macro. I tried to find this in the iformation provided in Excel but I couldn't get it. thanks, Lenoardo. Hi Leonardo Assuming it's a standard macro in a standard module; just rename it Sub Auto_open() . -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Excel MVP Followup to newsgroup only please. "leocantu" <leocantu@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0d5401c37942$dbc8acb0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I want to know how can I start with a macro autimatica...

Formulae, conditional formatting & macro security
I've used conditional formatting based on a simple formula like =$B6=1. Now Excel warns me of macro viruses and I have to choose whether or not to enable macros before opening this spreadsheet. I'm pretty sure this formula is the cause because I've tested it in a spreadsheet that contains nothing else except the two cells under test (B6 and the cell I'm formatting). If I change the formula to a constant and use "cell value is" then the macro warning goes away. I certainly haven't created any macros in the workbook and if there were any presumably the warning woul...

Import all txt files macro
Hi Can you tell me how the macro looks like if I would like to import to Excel spreadhseet all txt files from specific folder starting row 1? -- Greatly appreciated Eva Eva, This copies the contents of all text files in the root of C to column A of the active sheet. Change the path to suit your needs Sub LoopThroughDirectory() Dim x As Long Application.DisplayAlerts = False x = 1 MyPath = "C:\" 'Change to suit Fnam = Dir(MyPath & "*.txt") Do While Fnam <> "" Open MyPath & Fnam For Input As #1 Do While Not EOF(1...

Macro to change the PivotField to sum
I'm trying to find/creat a macro that will automatically change the Field in my pivottable to Sum. The problem that I'm running into is when I have have a new field name or a new pivottable name. I can creat one where the pivottable and the PivotField are always the same but that really doesn't help me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Vick Debra Dalgleish has an addin that you may like. http://www.contextures.com/xlPivotAddIn02.html The code is unprotected, so you could just extract that portion and include it your macro if you want. Vick wrote: > >...

Excel Data List
I have a large database in an Excel spreadsheet with subtotal formula below. When I used the Data - List function to sort through th database, a few things happened to the underlying subtotal data: 1. When I click out of the list, the cells in columns below the lis become blank. 2. The subtotals that are referenced by formulas in other sheets stil feed out as though the data were extant, though the cells appea blank. Why does the underlying data only show up when the active cell is i the defined list? How can I fix it? Thanks, Rya -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I fi...

Can't delete email messages
After i received about 300 worm emails, I can not delete any of the emails i have received. When I hit the delete key, I get the following error message " The message interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persists, restart outlook". I have Norton Anti Virus, and I have verified that my machine is free of Virus. Even though I have restarted Outlook many times, the problem persists. Any suggestions. thanks for the help Bob Yeary Bob@Yeary.net Oh woe is me. Regardless if you using an ISP or exchange server. Create a new pst file. Move the message you want ...

Delete Rows #2
I would like to be able to delete a row with a name in it based on a cell with that name from another cell in a different worksheet. Any ideas? Thanks, Bernie Hi Bernie This example loop through row 1 - 100 on the activesheet and if the value in A is the same as in Sheets("Yoursheet").Range("A1").Value in delete the row Maybe you can use a Autofilter if you have many rows (faster) See this page for more info http://www.rondebruin.nl/delete.htm Sub Example2() Dim Lrow As Long Dim CalcMode As Long Dim ViewMode As Long Dim StartRow As Long Dim End...

deleting the dynamics.dic file on the server
Hello: Someone at a client of ours went in and somehow managed to accidentally delete the dynamics.dic file from the server’s GP code folder. Now, GP will of course not run on the server. The client tried to alleviate this issue by copying the dynamics.dic file and dex.ini file from a working workstation. That did not work. They still get errors on the server whenever someone tries to launch GP from the server (Visual Basic initialization failure, ".tlb files are missing", outdated versions of OLE system files are present, etc.) The client does not have a backup of this c...

Deleting all even numbered rows?? Help
I have some data up to row 2200. Unfortunately, the data was capture with a glitch, to where all even numbered rows (2, 4, 6,.....2200 contain bogus data. I want to delete all even numbered rows in the spreadsheet, and hav the 1100 odd numbered rows shift up, so I have only 1100 rows of th real data on the spreadsheet -- Yel26 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Yel268's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1570 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27234 Hi one way: - in a helper c...

Macros & Tables
I'm doing a project in Access with 2 tables. In the first table each person is assigned an ID Number using "AutoNumber". In the second table, services the client requested are listed using that client's ID Number. My instructions say that there is a way for the ID Number that was assigned in the first table to automatically be entered into the second table using a macro. Can someone tell if it possible to use a macro for this, and if so, how? Thanks! Rather than working directly in the tables, you could do this using a main form to display the Person info, and a subfo...

All Excel instances inaccessible due to long running macro
I have a worksheet that contains a VBA that run a very long time (hours). This keeps me from accessing unrelated worksheets as it seems like Excel (even another instance) is tied up handling the first one. Is there anyway to prevent this? <michaeljc70@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1102461310.970250.282410@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > > I have a worksheet that contains a VBA that run a very long time > (hours). This keeps me from accessing unrelated worksheets as it seems > like Excel (even another instance) is tied up handling the first one. > Is there anyway t...

Delete with out delete folder
Is there any way to delete an email item and have it permanently deleted without having it first go to the deleted items folder. I am aware that I can have the deleted items folder cleared on exit but do not want to do that. Thanks, Will Will@k2e.com Hard delete the item (hold down the Shift key when deleting the item). -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Will Fleenor" <will@k2e.com> wrote in message news:uRFs5I$7DHA.712@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

Delete reports
We have, over the months, created some reports using Crystal that we no longer need. Is there a way to purge these unneeded reports? Also, one of our users saved some reports to the wrong Enterprise folder and we cannot get to them. Is there a way to move them? Thanks! Krista, you can remove and rename rports using an application provided by microsoft. Check this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834791/EN-US/ "Krista" wrote: > We have, over the months, created some reports using Crystal that we no > longer need. Is there a way to purge these unneeded repor...

Recovering deleted records
Hi, By mistake a user has deleted an Account record in CRM, and thereby also all underlying Case records I guess. Is there any way to get this back from the database? Regards J�rn If you have the DeletionService running, then probably the answer is "No". When records are deleted, they are only logically deleted by having their DeletionStateCode set to 2. The Deletion service then comes along and actually deletes the records behind the scenes. I'm guessing that by now the records have already been deleted. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM -------------------------------...

Unable to delete IMAP accounts
I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002 (10.2627.2625) where I had 4 IMAP accounts configured. I wanted to change the location of the .pst file and I don't know what I did but now I ended up having 8 IMAP accounts. Each account has duplicated. The 4 IMAP accounts are working and I am able to send and receive emails. but when it won't let me delete the duplicate ones. When I go to Tools-->Options-->Mail Setup tab-->Data Files button, I get to see all the 8 accounts but when I click the Remove button to remove the duplicate ones, it gives me error "This data file is associated ...

MS OUTLOOK e-mail does not always auto-delete stored mail on exiti
My MS OUTLOOK e-mail does not always delete mail stored in the Deleted Items folder automatically when I close down even though I have ticked the box in Tools/Options/Other/General dialogue box to "empty the Deleted Items folder upon exiting". Any answers would be most appreciated to pj.ireland@tinyworld.co.uk. Thanx Pete Please advise your version of Outlook and type of mail accoun. Thank you! -- Kathleen Orland Please support me in my efforts: SPCA Friends for Life 2010 Walk-A-Thon http://ontariospca.akaraisin.com/p/kathleenorland.aspx "Pierre" &l...

deleting outlook express
In Outlook, when I move, slecting and highlighting with my mouse, from one mail folder to another (for example, from 'Inbox' to 'Sent Mail'), I see the text Synchronising Message Headers in the lowest bar of the window, and the programme takes several seconds to be ready. This is dramatically slower than moving around inside Outlook Express, so I wonder if this delay is normal. Anyone know? -- Kevo On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 02:51:01 -0700, Kevo <Kevo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Outlook, when I move, slecting and highlighting with my mouse, from one >ma...

Suppress disable/enable macros window
Is it possible when opening a spreadsheet with macros to have it default to 'enable macros' so that the window does not appear? Thanks! Hi this would require to set the security level to 'low' which I wouldn't recommend. This is meant as a security feature :-) "CM" wrote: > Is it possible when opening a spreadsheet with macros to have it default to > 'enable macros' so that the window does not appear? > > Thanks! CM Before setting my security to "low" and running the risk of virus infection, I would investigate the use of a ...

Deleting/removing unused rows in a worksheet
Excel 2007 all MS updates Is it possible to delete rows without ANY data automatically? Currently, I have a 2000+ row spreadsheet that has 250+ blank rows. Instead of doing this manually, how can the removal or deletion (squishing!) of the blank rows be done? For example, say I have a spreadsheet with data in rows 1, 2,4,6,8 and 12. All I really need are THESE rows with data. I want to squish, eliminate, delete the rows in 3,5,7,9,10,11. How can I do this by 'highlighting' or whatever the entire set (rows 1-12 above) and then performing an "delete empty row"...

Macro pulling data from 2 worksheets
I need your help. I have been using a macro to pull data from only one worksheet, C_Data. My business has expanded and now I have data in 2 worksheets, C_Data and C_Data2, that need to be pulled by the macro. The original code for the single worksheet data is as follows: Option Explicit ' How do I return to memory the 'puter power that is used ' by my variables? ' Module Name: NextProduct ' CONTENTS OF THIS MODULE ' 1. NextCookie [Ctrl+Shift+C] ' Calls FunctNextCookie frm keyboard; ' instructs it to un/hide ingreds. ' 1f. FunctNextCookie - F...

Create macro for "Ctrl + [" shortcut key??
I normally use the "Ctrl + [" shortcut key to jump to a Precedent reference in a formula/link, however I recently moved to Sweden where the keyboard layout is different and I am unable to find this shortcut and have been unable to create a macro for this function. Does anyone know how to get around this problem using a keyboard with a different layout (I've already tried changing keyboard layout and language settings) or does anyone know how to create a macro which replicates this function??? (I've already tried using the "Edit - Go To - Special - Precedent" functi...

Deleted CRM User from AD.
Hey Guys, I know this was a dumb one, but I deleted a user from AD that was linked to a user in CRM 4.0. After that, I recreated a user with the same username, disabled the primary one in CRM and created a second user with that name in CRM. Needless to say thing are all messed up and the user cannot login to CRM via a permission error. how do I remedy this problem so that I only have 1 user is CRM with that name and have all the records and history associated with that user? Thanks for your help! --Mark Mark; Unsupported territory here, but you've not got much to lose. In the sys...

Delete Table Names
I've been given a workbook. It has a long list (20+) table names in it. I want to delte them. When I go to name manager, select any table name, the delete button i s greyed out. I've double checked that my workbook, and worksheet(s) are not protected. Any ideas. I'd even be willing to delete them one at a time, any other way. On 5 Jun., 00:11, Treasur2 <Treas...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've been given a workbook. It has a long list (20+) table names in it. = =A0I > want to delte them. When I go to name manager, select any table name, the > de...

Deleting messages
I am unable to delete Entourage messages. I have accumulated over 400 messages and would like to get rid of them -- one at a time is insane and setting up groups and then deleting the group doesn't work either. How? Would like to convert to Mac Mail but unable to locate were to switch preference -- Help Thanks Eddeavila ...

Money 2001 Deletion
I CAN'T DELETE/REMOVE MONEY!!!! I lost the disk and was having problems with the program so bought 2004. 2004 say's it sees the old version and I must have the 2001 disk in order for it to finish install. I stopped install and tried to remove through Windows, only to have it tell me that I need the disk. I called Customer Service, and they were completely incompetant and unable to help me do anything but realize microsoft has terrible support options. I just want to get this worthless program off my system. PLEASE HELP. I'm just going to keep calling microsoft every...