Macro to save & replace & open txt file

Hi,

I want you help to do Macro to save data for example A1 to A7 in txt file
and in same time if press the button 2 time the file replace all date with
new dat.
also when i press the but and afte load the data it will lunch auto

BR
0
MK1 (60)
7/17/2009 8:37:01 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You may want to start by recording a macro when you do it manually.

You may have a macro that works or needs very little tweaking.  You can post
back with your questions, then.

I don't understand the second question.

--

Dave Peterson
0

powerpoint 2007 file too large to xmit.
75 pix; each >3 megs; reduced to slightly >1 meg. Completed file comes in at 72 Megs and will not xmit. Any answer available? I'm guessing these are not jpgs?? If you can convert and then run compress picures it should come down (a lot!) Alternatively use something like irfanview to resize them before inserting. -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "ZebraControl" wrote: > 75 pix; each >3 megs; reduced to slightly >1 meg. Completed f...

sending e-mails with macros
I want to send e-mails automatically with Excel's (or Outlook's) macro, but Outlook asks me each time before sending the e-mail whether I want to allow the program to send the e-mail on my behalf. How can I skip this security procedure, so that no human interaction is required? ...

How to process a PO.xml file become WorkOrder can be used at POS?
I have a PurchaseOrder.xml file that have been created from SOManager, now how I can import/convert this file become a WorkOrder which can be re-called by POS and then sale items normally? I tried to use CreateWorkOrder event within QSBridge but it's not work. I think because this event will convert the current transaction into a work order transation, so first step should I make PurchaseOrder.xml into a transactin, and then call this event? If so, how do I do for each step? Many thanks. Phuong Nguyen Hi, Are you interested in cutsom solution for your requirements. Please drop a e...

excel documents won't open from my documents folder
I want to open excel documents from the my documents folder (microsoft xp) but only pull up the excel template screen. If I open excel documents from excel launch screen all is fine. Sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the windows registry to excel's factory defaults. Paul1961 wrote: > > I want to open excel documents from the my documents folder (microsof...

Hyperlinks open as Read-only??
I am building an excel sheet which contains a number of hyperlinks to other documents (powerpoint presentations, PDF-files, etc), but as I click the hyperlinks they open as read-only files, and I would much prefer that they open within their original program (e.g MS Powerpoint) so that the user will be able to save the linked file locally.. Can anyone help??? Thanks a lot.. /Michael -- Mike67 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Mike67's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30895 View this thread: http://www.exce...

Opening up a Word doc; Retrieving Outlook Email Messages
I want to open up a microsoft word document, however when I choose "file" "open" it only opens up a grey word doc without the text showing up in the doc, even though I have plenty of disc space, and tried "system restore", also tried a "full-system scan" and no viruses were found. A message dialogue box use to pop up when I tried to open the doc which said: "Check the file permissions for the document drive" - how do I do that? It also said: "Make sure there is sufficient free memory" How? and lastly it said: "Open the ...

The specified path for output file doesn't exist
Hi, We are getting this error on a AR Aged Trial Balance with Options report. All users trying to print this report are getting this error. No other GP report is giving this error. What are the possible ways to determine what is preventing users from printing the report. Thanks, Open the report option and click the destination button. Check to see if there is a pointer to a file and file location. If there is, remove it. Often this indicates that a file location either no longer exists or is not accessible. Mark On Sep 16, 1:17=A0pm, cal <c...@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

file download problem from paf file in email, plus missing system.ini
hi, if alan edwards is out there anyplace please contact me for help. this is jennifer. shortly after you helped me last, my computer crashed completely. in leaving my email address posted under the discussion board, i got swen from letting my daughter use the computer while away. i had to carry it to the man who made the system(i am disabled), and he had to reload it all, and lost most everything, including your address. i am trying to either re-download a paf file which is a big geneology file, or open the copy on here under my documents. somehow, it still shows under my documents, but...

Archive Old Files to USB Drive
I have Outlook 2003. My hard drive is getting full. I already manually pull (drag and drop) emails older than a month off the server and on to an Archive file on my hard drive. I would like to archive old emails from 2008 and 2009 (now on my hard drive) to a file on a USB drive. I can free up space on my hard drive but access the older years as needed off the USB. How do I create that file on the USB that I can just drag files off my hard drive Archive to the USB file? -- bob "bob" <bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B787D799-F5D7-4750...

New Profile with current pst file
Hi, Hope someone can explain where I am going wrong on this. I am using Outlook 2003 and have duplicate Personal Folders in my folder list as a result of a corrupted profile; I know that I need to create a new profile and delete the old one to resolve this. I have created a new profile but all my folders are empty as I cannot seem to get my new profile to look at my current outlook.pst file. Each new profile I create generates a new data file - outlook1.pst, outlook2.pst etc. When I go through Control Panel/Mail/Show Profiles/Properties/Data Files I only seem to get the option to add a...

Using GIF image as macro button
I have a animated GIF that I want to place on the spreadsheet as m macro button, is thios possible. Currently I can get the image on the spreadsheet with a macro attache but the image is a picture and so not animated. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Find and Replace
Having prduced a list of values from using the & concatenate method, I want to end up with a list of only those which have a positive (over 0) number. So I have: (155), (111), (51), (0), (0), (0), (0), (0), (0), (0) for example. What I have tried is to do a find and replace finding ", (0)" and replacing it with nothing. Works great, until I look at the: (66), (0), (0), (0), (0), (0), (0), (0), (0), (0) values. Doing the replace I end up with: -66 Or with: (0), (0), (0), (0), (0), (0), (0), (0), (0), (0) I end up with: 0 (OK this one is easy to delete simply fi...

bad pst-file
Hi, I have a pst-file of my "old" outlook data. When i try to import that data into my outlook, i get a warning "Errors have been detected in the file <drive>:\folder\backupfile.pst. Quit outlook an the use the inbox repair tool to diagnose and repair errors in the file". When i use SCANPST to check my pst file, after phase 4 of 8 the tool stops with the message that there are errors in the file and cannot continue. I have 3 different backups of my pst-file, One as of yesterday on harddisk, on weekly backup on another harddisk and another one on tapedevice, so ...

open save default for attachments
the open save prompt for an attachment no longer asks if i want to save or open the box must have become unchecked and i cant find hoe to restore This is done via Control Panel > Folder Options > File types > scroll to the file type and then either Edit or Advanced and check confirm after download "RON" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1106a01c3f557$75476940$a101280a@phx.gbl... > the open save prompt for an attachment no longer asks > if i want to save or open the box must have become > unchecked and i cant find hoe to restore ...

Window Hook for Open File Dialog
Hi all: Using VC6, and after updating the SDK and setting _WIN32_WINNT to 0x0500, I encountered the OPENFILENAME size problem, and tried replacing CFileDialog with the CFileDialogST that I found on CodeProject. After slight modification, it works fine (shows the Places bar), but it always puts the file dialog top left on the screen. So I added a Window Hook procedure so I could center the file dialog on my application: static UINT __stdcall OfnHookProc(HWND hdlg, UINT uiMsg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam); implemented as UINT CFileDialogST::OfnHookProc(HWND hdlg, UINT uiMsg, WPARAM wP...

save with rules to journal?
Hello I created rules that every outgoing message (fax, mail) should be saved as a copy to the journal. But unfortunately nothing is saved in the journal. Why? WHen I copy manually a mail into the journal the messsage is displayed Thank you very much for any help!!!! Michael ...

New G5 tower has problem opening Word 2004 #2
In article <ee8887d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, coni@officeformac.com wrote: > I have a brand new G5 running OSX 10.4.10. I have installed Office 2004, and > am having trouble launching Word. After double clicking, it opens a blank > window and then freezes as it works it way through the "optomizing font > performance" bar at the bottom of the window. <br><br>It starts to give me a > warning box for one font after another that says "This font is corrupt and > should be removed." I believe, however, that Word itself it installing t...

Opening a Publisher 2000 document in Publisher 2002
I am desperately trying to open a previously saved Publisher 2000 website document in Publisher 2002 but every time I try to opn it, Publisher program goes into safe mode and the document will not open......can someone please help me!! Is there an error message? How large is the document? If you want you can send it my way and I will try to open it. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Flying High" <Flying High@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A532EF99-...

New Documents opening protect
When every I open a new word document it is open with the protection on. I am using Word 2007 and would like to turn this off. Any suggestions On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 09:21:02 -0800, Mike <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When every I open a new word document it is open with the protection on. I am >using Word 2007 and would like to turn this off. Any suggestions Your Normal.dotm template has protection. This is a special case of the problem described at http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm, and the solution is the same (see Method 3). -- ...

File all of a sudden Read Only??
I have an Excel file saved on disk that I frequently use. I've never had any problems opening or closing this file and all of a sudden today I tried to open it and I get an error message stating it may be read only. I can't right click on it to check the properties either, doing this locks up my system. Does anyone know how I can rectify this and why it changed out of the blue?? I can open all the other files on the disk. On disk -- do you mean on a floppy disk? Try to copy the file from the disk to your HD If you can do this, you should be able to open the file, if you ...

Macro Please 03-23-10
Is there anyway to write a macro to open several or all web hyperlinks on a single or multiple worksheets and update the web links if the page is no longer valid. If not able to obtain new page address provide details on which links are no longer valid. Thanks! ...

setting up "find and delete row" macro?
I'm using Excel 2000. I've been trying to set up a macro to perform a loop function: 1) "find next" the occurrence of a specific text string 2) finding the text string in a cell, select the entire row 3) delete the entire row 4) find next occurrence of specific text string and repeat the process. So basically, I want to search an entire worksheet for every occurrence of the string "abc" for example -- and delete every row with "abc" in it, but leave all rows that do NOT have "abc" in them. I've been trying to set up a macro for tha...

outlook express dbx file into outlook 2000
A coworker was having problems with Outlook Express 6 - probably because of the thousands of e-mails he had stored in the program. Last week we installed Outlook 2000 on his machine and imported all of his messages and address book. Come to find out he had some other Outlook Express DBX files in a safe place on the server. The emails in these DBX files were not imported into Outlook. I haven't yet figured out how to do so and could use a little bit of guidance. Thanks! Scott Open Outlook Express and create a new folder called Restore. Right click on Restore and select properties to...

What is the maximum .ost file size for outlook 2003?
I'm still trying to justify a 2GB limit for our executives to the IT Director. Currently they are getting an error when trying to sync their current 2.5 GB mailbox(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306076). I found this article that says 2GB is the max size for an ost http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=832925 Our director is arguing that since outlook is running in unicode mode the limit is 20GB not 2GB... What is the maximum size that we can have for an .ost file. -- Network Admin Your director is correct. Remember, an OST file is basically the same thing ...

Macro to display
Hi, i need to write in A1 a number and a macro to search in a folder for a picture with this name and then to display this picture. If i write 22942 and run the macro, then the macro to search in a folder and to find and display in curent sheet, the picture 22942. Can this be done? Thanks! Sub Insert_Pic() ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert ( _ "C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Pictures\" & _ Range("A1") & ".jpg") End Sub Adjust path and filetype to suit Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 16 May 2010 03:19:...