Macro to help update data from protected files

I need help in creating a macro. I have a master file X1 and it
connects to 55 other files all password protected. When i open the
Master file , it asks the protected fiel to be open to update the data,
otherwise it gives error. Can someone help me create a macro which will
update the data witout opening the protected fiels one by one.

Thanks

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I don't think you'll find a macro that can do this.

But what you could do is create a new workbook that opens each of those 55 other
files (supplying the password) and then opens your real workbook.

--

Dave Peterson
0

You could do this with a for/each macro

for i= 1 to cells(rows.count,1).end(xlup).row
myfilename=cells(i,1)
mypassword=cells(i,2)

next i

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
<hamad.fatima@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible that if I have the lists and location of all the files
> in one tab of master file along with thier passwords. Can a macro refer
> to that file and update the information automatically.

0
dguillett1 (2487)

MS Money 95 data files

Help for time saving!
Hi I have got created an Excel Script that creates a Word Document. A bill. But for only 8 bill entries the script needs to much time. For this entries it works about 30 secounds. If you want to help me look at this page: www.kluesener.info/excel.html And if you find anything that saves time please tell me how I can do it better. Sorry for my bad english Many Thanks Jens ...

Address book updating...

Before Update on record select

Exchange update problem

data input in text box

Need help with Auto Filter

Sorting Data #5

Personal Macro Workbook
I had some macro stored in the personal macro workbook but now I can not find the workbook. When I try to do a new macro and store it in the "Personal Macro Workbook" I get the error message "Personal Macro Workbook in the startup folder must stay open for recording". I click ok and get a message that I'm unable to record. I can record macro to other workbooks. What happened to the personal macro workbook ? Thanks ...

Where is the workspace file stored?

Help with income/expenses

cant start outlook pst file to large

help with simple maths in excel

Excel Problem

Need Query Help

Help with a simple database
I am attempting to use Excel to develop a simple database for my office. The database basically lists a variety of orders purchased from various vendors, and my goal is to categorize and sort each vendor seperately. For example: GC Group 4/24/03 7831.1 $1,000.00 Alpha 1/20/03 7003.1 $2,000.00 Chandler 5/6/03 7050.1 $345.50 Is what the main chart looks like. Now, what I'm trying to accomplish is, suppose I added Tomsen 4/20/03 7873.1 $200.00 to the very bottom, Excel would automatically create a new tab (or even worksheet, if possible) tit...