macro security settings

I would like a way to set macro security thru GPO for Excel 2007 SP1 to
allow only macro from the startup folder and not from any other files

this is actually a group policy question but as this is rather excel
specific I was hoping to find the answer here.

thnx

0
chriske911
1/28/2009 2:15:38 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi,

Assuming you mean by startup folder a specific folder then choose, Office
Button, Excel Options, Trust Center, Trust Center Settings, Trusted
Locations...

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"chriske911" wrote:

> I would like a way to set macro security thru GPO for Excel 2007 SP1 to
> allow only macro from the startup folder and not from any other files
>
> this is actually a group policy question but as this is rather excel
> specific I was hoping to find the answer here.
>
> thnx

Shane Devenshire explained on 28/01/2009 :
> Hi,

> Assuming you mean by startup folder a specific folder then choose, Office
> Button, Excel Options, Trust Center, Trust Center Settings, Trusted
> Locations...
> --
> If this helps, please click the Yes button

> Cheers,
> Shane Devenshire

> "chriske911" wrote:

>> I would like a way to set macro security thru GPO for Excel 2007 SP1 to
>> allow only macro from the startup folder and not from any other files
>>
>> this is actually a group policy question but as this is rather excel
>> specific I was hoping to find the answer here.
>>
>> thnx

by startup folder I mean the personal.xls in the application data
folder of the user
so I only want to enable the macro's that are in the personal.xls or
it's excel 2007 equivalent
I do not want any other trusted location, not even on our own network
or thru outlook/internet explorer

grtz

0
chriske911

Run macro only if
Hi, i need a macro to run if A1 contains "John" and C1 contains "Mari", and if D1 is blank. If this criteria is not mached, then the macro to display a message. Can this be done? Thanks! Hi, Is this what you mean Sub somemacro() Set sht = Sheets("Sheet1") ' change to suit With sht If UCase(.Range("A1")) <> "JOHN" _ Or UCase(.Range("C1")) <> "MARI" _ Or .Range("D1") <> "" Then MsgBox "Criteria not met" Exit Sub End If End With 'Your code End Su...

global macro.xls
I have an Excel file that if I open it on a machine with office 2k not 2k3 and click on cells it gives a message "cant find global macro.xls." No such file exists on my machines, but it works fine in office 2k3. Any thoughts? Interesting. Can you send it to me? You can clear out any proprietary data first it you want. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "spammeblind" <spammeblind@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5F2A847-73D9-4937-A181-EA7647B667A5@microsoft.com... |I have an Excel file that if I open it on a machine with office 2k not 2k3 and click on cel...

Macro to send grab email address and open Outlook
Hi there I am trying to write a simple macro to be able to send an email based on an emai address in a form. tblAgency Details has a field EmailAddress (data type is text) I have a Command Button on a form frmAdd Agency Details to run a macro. Macro name is SendEmail - Action is only SendObject There are only two items in the Action Arguments To: =[EmailAddress] Edit Message: Yes (I only want Outlook to load with the email address) So far it does not work. When I have a field for a Web Address and the data type is a hyperlink that works well for me....

SY_SecurityChecklist security id
Hi all, Does anyone know what the display name or restechname for the SY_SecurityChecklist window is? I can't find it in the SY09400 dynamics table I generated. I want to be able to extend access to that window to only a few users -- Jim Bourque Where or how do you get to this window? I could not find it even with Support Debugging Tool. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Jim B" wrote: > Hi all, > > Does anyo...

Add a new code macro
I have workbook that I am trying to use with a macro form another post on this form. It inserts a new row with the formulas and contents of the selected row. The problem is that it copies the row below the one selected, and because of this, I can not make a copy of row 2 below the column headers. Any ideas? Thanks. Here is the code: '/=======Start of Code==========================/ Sub InsertRowsAndFillFormulas() 'adds desired # of lines below the current line and ' copies the formulas to that/those lines 'added selection of more than one worksheet ' - Gary L. Brown &#...

Setting email so server will not save emails on server
I have two computers. ( Desktop & laptop) I seldom use the laptop but when I do use it and get my emails it brings up every email that I have already read and deleted from desktop. Is there a setting where I can set so the server will not keep the deleted emails? On both machines: Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Check: Leave a copy of messages on the server. On one machine only, (The desktop would be logical for you), check to Delete messages after X days to satisfy your allotted space you get from your server, and Remove from server when d...

Set a recurring task ie. a task to check a website each month
It would be advantageous to be able to set a recurring task ie. a daily, weekly, monthly or other multiple task. An example would be if you needed to go to an accounts website or prospects website once a month to look for leads. Or to check out a competitor for new things on their website. It could also apply to phoning or mailing etc. This would save constantly having to remember to create a followup or write up to dozens of followups at different dates. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote f...

Setting up an email server
I have an established 5.5 server and a I added a new domain to it. All the routing looks good, I have the new MX pointing to the domain of my external port on my firewall. And the new domain is added into Exchange. But when I try to send an email to a new recipent using the new domain name I recieve: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx does not like recipient. Remote host said: 550 Relaying is prohibited Giving up on xx.xxx.xxx.xxx. Any ideas? On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 18:57:41 -0700, "Need Help" <needhelp@address.com> wrote: >I have an established 5.5 server and a I added a new domain to it. &...

How do I create a new macro in Outlook 2007?
Below is the macro, copied from MS Word, where it works perfectly! In Outlook I get all sorts of error messages and debugging, which I don't understand. Thanks for any help. Sub SafariCare() ' ' SafariCare Macro ' Macro recorded 6/4/2007 by Eva Wilson ' Selection.TypeText Text:= _ "Thank you for your participation in the SafariCare program! " Selection.TypeText Text:= _ " Attached are the program guidelines for your convenience. " Selection.TypeParagraph Selection.TypeParagraph Selection.TypeText Text:= _ ...

How do I assign a set of values to a selection from a drop list?
Hi. I am trying to assign a set of values, in separate fields ,to a each selection from a drop-down list in Excel (using data validation). What I am trying to do is very smilar to, say, to selecting a SKU from a list and having the product description, unit price etc. fill into their corresponding fields automatically. For example, I pick SKU "11111" from a drop-down list to fill the SKU field, then, automatically, "5-inch widget" comes up in the product description field and "$5.00" shows up in the unit price field. Please help. Mike Along with the d...

How do I set up excel to make estimating(pricing) easier?
I am trying to find out how to use excel as a estimating or pricing program. Does anyone know how to do this? Hi Ann, I can send you a simple (fake) sample worksheet of pricing out the cost of manufacturing and shipping a washing machine. It may help you to get going. It uses drop down lists and VLOOKUP formulas to estimate the price of different options and shipping prices based on different zones. Regards, Howard "Ann from CCC" <Ann from CCC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A58874DF-8329-48B7-ACB0-4567A8BBBA89@microsoft.com... >I am trying to f...

Selecting Charts in a Macro
I have a worksheet which contains 7 charts: 1st Chart = Chart 12 2nd Chart = Chart 7 3rd Chart = Chart 11 4th Chart = Chart 13 5th Chart = Chart 24 6th Chart = Chart 16 7th Chart = Chart 26 I have a macro which copies the worksheet it over to a new worksheet within the same workbook, the charts are then labelled: 1st Chart = Chart 9 2nd Chart = Chart 7 3rd Chart = Chart 13 4th Chart = Chart 10 5th Chart = Chart 2 6th Chart = Chart 12 7th Chart = Chart 15 The macro then tries to select each chart and change the source data, what I don't know is how excel will treat the chart numbers for...

how to save settings for printing several envelopes
I want to print addresses on several envelopes which are the same size but the addresses are different (for Christmas cards). Is there a way to do this without going to options each time and reset the size and font that I want? Create an envelope template. You can start from scratch with a new document, selecting the desired paper size (or specifying a custom size) or use Add to Document to add your envelope to the current document. Then see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/DetachEnvelope.htm for instructions on separating the envelope from the document. Once you have just the ...

Transfer Settings
I have searched all over for a way to export my outlook setting from one PC to another, but have found nothing. I exported data and the import seems to have gone fine. Can someone tell me if there is a way to export my settings from outlook on one PC to another - including my account and display settings?? Settings such as display the preview window below the email list... Thank you.. My reply is at the bottom of your sent message. In news:056D480D-3A27-46DE-910D-EE8966BF2A8A@microsoft.com, MVP - WannaB <nospam at here dot priv> typed: > I have searched all over for a wa...

Server settings for message addressee limit
How do you check/change the Exchange Server message addressee(To)limit? When sending messages to servaral recipients, some names are cut out. Thanks. ...

how do I set up spread sheet for demographical data to get graph.
I need to set up a spread sheet to be able to get age, sex,service usage numbers, site utilisation, presenting issue e.g., drug and alcohol, region, percentage of use base on population e.g, 80 staff DoHi, Do you want to show these results graphically, or in the form of some sort of output table? Dave url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/10355820.aspx How are you intending to get the data or enter the data into this sheet? How many worksheets or tables will you need? What is the final display options: Examples, Reports, Charts, Pivot = table? And lastly who are the end users, and how do they...

Macro to copy cell down
I want to create a macro that will copy the cell above to the active cell. OR the built-in key that will do that tenbob@optonline.net Bob A few seconds with the macro recorder set to "Relative Reference" gave me this. Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 11/3/2003 by Gord Dibben ' ' Selection.Copy ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Range("A1").Select ActiveSheet.Paste Application.CutCopyMode = False End Sub Gord Dibben XL2002 On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 04:26:28 GMT, Bob K. <tenbob@optonline.net> wrote: >I want to create a mac...

set excel always on top
Can I set excel to always be on top? I am using excel with a half screen and other programs and want excel to be on top as I switch between the other programs. TIA Todd L. that is a windows question. this is excel workgroup. >-----Original Message----- >Can I set excel to always be on top? I am using excel with a half screen and >other programs and want excel to be on top as I switch between the other >programs. > >TIA > >Todd L. >. > Take a look at this post: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3D3DD50A.CF0CACC5%40msn.com Todd wrote: > &g...

Who could tell me which file tha macro _COM_SMARTPTR_TYPEDEF is defined in?
comdef.h ??? Tom "Lee Tow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message news:Ovpw7IUbHHA.5052@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > > Lee Tow wrote: > Who could tell me which file tha macro _COM_SMARTPTR_TYPEDEF is defined in? Go buy Visual Assist from Whole Tomato Software. Without this you'll get crazy searching for definitions. Regards, Stuart On Mar 23, 7:53 am, "Lee Tow" <f...@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote: All you have to do is use Find in Files and search VC directory. It is defined in comdef.h. --- Ajay ...

Problem with Macro Code
I have the following selected piece of Code that hits debug on line "ActiveSheet.Paste". The reason it does is that a command window comes up saying "Do you want to Replace the Contents of the Destination Cells" - how can I automate this to say "Yes" within my code? Sheets("Claim Form").Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="123" Range("A1").Select Cells.Select Selection.Copy Sheets("E-Claim").Visible = True Sheets("E-Claim&...

recovering pst file from documents and settings\Admin
Several computer techs have been unable to get my system out of a safe mode loop. I have made that HD a slave. I have recovered all the data by my outlook file (pst). The Documents and setting etc directory and access to files are protected by the Administrator sceutiry. I really neet to recover my Outlook mail file. How can I do it? Please giv eme a Christmas present by telling me how. Merry Christmas to ALL Are you the administrator? If so then you need to point your emai profile to use this .pst as your data file ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message po...

access 2000 workgroup security question
I haven't used workgroup security for many years and forgot how it all works but have a situation now where I have an access 2000 database that uses workgroup security and possibly other security and I'm trying to figure out how to get it so I can design forms or export the forms out of the database into an unsecured database. I purchased one of those $30 workgroup password crackers and ran it, here's the results: Lets assume the database is called XXX.MDB and the workgroup is called WWW.MDW For the workgroup we have: "wuser" and "wpassword"...

macro to make different tabs in a same sheet
i have a column in my spreadsheet where there are different names can u suggest a macro which makes different tabs in that same exce workbook with the names of different ppl in front of names there is data, i want that data to be transferre also along with the respective names in that tab thank u frnd -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try this example The names are in column A of a sheet named Sheet1 Sub test() Dim cell As Range Dim WSNew As Worksheet For Each cell In Sheets("Sheet1").Columns("A").Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants) Set ...

R1C1 with macros
I'm trying to define a relative range of cells in a macro and copy the formulas from that range to the next row below using R1C1 cell addressing style. I can't seem to get the the thing to go. Anyone know how? Russ Russ I'm not really understanding what you want to do but if, for example you want to copy a relative formula, say in A13 to A1000 then you could use the line Range("A13:A1000").FillDown -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Russ" <Rusty@notathome.net> wrote in message ne...

Receiving Error when selecting Organization Settings
After installing CRM 3.0, we attempted to access System Settings under Organization Settings and received the following error: An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system adminstrator. I have discussed with our system admin and they have not been able to determine the cause of the problem. -- David Connect Set the DevErrors "On" in Web.Config File. Now, check what is the exact error it displays. -- Regards Ram "David Connect" wrote: > After installing CRM 3.0, we attempted to access System Settings under > Organization...