Macro for Print page 1 thru x

can i write a macro to print page 1 thru x, with the x as a cell value for
the user to input....for example some people want to print 1 thru 3, 1 thru
6, 1 thru 9....i just want them to key the 3 or 6 or 9 or whatever and the
print macro refers to it.
thanks for any help you can provide.
Tami (20)
6/29/2008 3:37:00 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Two examples to get you started... and an alternative.

Macro 1 will use the value stored in Sheet 1. No matter which sheet the use
has opened.
Macro 2 will use the value stored in A1 in whatever sheet happens to be
active at the time.

Sub Macro1()

Dim xPages

xPages = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1") 'Value stored Sheet 1, cell A1

' print out active sheet. This is not necessarily Sheet1

        ActiveSheet.PrintOut From:=1, To:=xPages, Copies:=1

End Sub

Sub Macro2()

Dim xPages

xPages = ActiveSheet.Range("A1") 'Value stored in current sheet, cell A1

' print out active sheet.

        ActiveSheet.PrintOut From:=1, To:=xPages, Copies:=1

End Sub

The alternative would be to use InputBox to ask the user how many pages,
he/she wants printed.

Sub MacroAskUser()

Dim Message, Title, Default, xPages
Message = "How many pages do you wish to print?"
Title = "Print request"
Default = "1"    ' Set default.

xPages = InputBox(Message, Title, Default)

--
Steve

"Tami" <Tami@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> can i write a macro to print page 1 thru x, with the x as a cell value for
> the user to input....for example some people want to print 1 thru 3, 1
> thru
> 6, 1 thru 9....i just want them to key the 3 or 6 or 9 or whatever and the
> print macro refers to it.
> thanks for any help you can provide.

AltaEgo

multiple flyers per page?

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

chart MAcro to change on activecell

printing 2 charts on single page

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

Macro to seperate data

printing multiple copies of Sigel GmbH

printing imported gif files in Excel

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

Adding a Macro to a VLookup Function
In Excel 2000 -- I would like to create a summary spreadsheet (sheet2). For each time that "Name" appears in sheet 1, row *, take information from the same row, but columns 2 and 6 and bring it over to sheet 2 in the designated area. I know that you need to do a "VLookup" function and I got that to work. I know that you also need a "Loop" statement, so that it will continue to perform the Vlookup and bring over the information for each time that the name appears. I don't know how to write the formula so that the VLookup and the Loop are combined. Examp...

Macro

Creating a Macro to Delete Commas #2

macros entering data

Need macro help to close excel