Losing conditional formatting when printing

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet containing amongst others, 10 lists with conditional
formatting on every cell (e.g. border,pattern etc).

I use VBA code to print these lists but have noticed that when I print more
than 1 sheet, only the first few lines print with the con format displayed
onscreen.

I also noticed that the number of lines printed correctly correspond to the
number of lines in the first sheet i.e. if the first sheet contains 10 lines
and the second contains 20, only 10 lines on the 2nd sheet will print
correctly.  If I have more lines on the 1st sheet than the 2nd sheet, all
lines on the 2nd sheet print correctly!

Is this memory related and if so, any suggestions for fixing it?

Thanks for any help.

Lawrence Kritzinger

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Excel Formula to colourfill cells when condition met
I daily populate a sheet sent to me with answers (time & dates) of 1,2 or 3 star items, the 3 star items I manually fill with a certain colour. Is there any way of filling a row that contains a cell with 3 stars automatically with a designated colour. In this example colour filling the whole row because one of the cells contains *** 15-May bx3008 aaaaaaaaaaaa *** bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb ccccccc Select all the data - I will assume each row foes fro A to G and that the data starts on row 1 In the conditional formatting dialog use this formula =COUNTIF($A1$:G1,&qu...

PivotChart formatting: macro for multiple unique charts
Hi � I've used this group as a resource often over the last couple years, but have never needed to post because someone else had always already asked and gotten an answer to my question. Now I'm struggling with a formatting issue using PivotCharts and would really appreciate some insight. I'm creating a large number of different PivotCharts, and I'd like to be able to format the series in them automatically. My charts have different numbers of series on them, though they all contain the same pool of series. What I'd like to be able to do is tell Excel to format the indi...

Keep formatting PC to PC
I did the page formating from One PC. but when i open that document from another PC, there's formating have changed. so i wanna know, how to keep page formating, without changing the page sizes with the contents PC to PC? All depends of which version of Excel the PC have. Play it safe by formatting in the lowest version PC. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "chari" <chari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3A2FEB7F-FE4A-49CF-862A-25D79086BC8F@microsoft.com... >I did the page formating from One PC. but when i open that document fro...

format cells: divide by 100
I need to a Custom format for 3 cells in a worksheet. I want to enter value in any of those cells and have the value divided by 100. Fo example, I want to enter a 3 digit number like 427 and have its valu changed to 4.27. I have looked at Custom formatting and can't figure out how to do it. I know I can go to Tools/Options/Edit tab and check the Fixed decima box. That changes the whole worksheet. Can I do that for just 3 cells? Is there any way of doing this? Thanks for helping -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi without VBA (using an event procedure) this is not po...

Printing ?
Ive seen spreadsheet where you can click your mouse on a 'Button' on th spreadsheet and it will print out a range of worksheets/pages etc. Id like to set this up on my Budgets, is it a Visual Basic thing ? Ho do you do it ? Have I posted this in the right area ? Cheers -- Ainsle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ainsley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3196 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=51965 Just use your macro recorder, sometimes there is fine tuning that ...

print Grid Lines
when i try to print grid lines they dont print, i have tried to look at "format cell" then boarders and selected inside with a solid black line. i have also checked the "page setup" and the "sheet tab" and chedked "grid lines" but i still cannot print grid lines. will some one please help me. >-----Original Message----- >when i try to print grid lines they dont print, i have >tried to look at "format cell" then boarders and selected >inside with a solid black line. i have also checked >the "page setup" and th...

Conditional Format-should be an easy answer
I have a spreadsheet with two columns of numbers. I want to highlight the number in the second column if it is greater than the number in the first column. e.g. If c3 is greater than a3, highlight, and then if c4 is greater than a4 and so on. I was able to do this quite easily in XL 2003, but have been stymied in XL2007. I realize this is a rudimentary question, but I just can't seem to figure it out, and have searched many help sites. Thanks for any help. Select the range of cells in column C Home Tab>Conditional Format>New Rule>Select a Rule Type>Use a Formula =$C1>$A1...

Outlook XP. incoming mail now only in text format
Something happened yesterday that had all of my incoming mail appear in text format rather than the HTML (layed out with photos and art included as it isued to). I cannot think of anything that I may have done to affect this. Does anyone know of a setting change that may correct this? Many thanks, Patrick ...

Conditional Formating #21
I am trying to conditional format cells with a value that comes from a formula say mid(e6,5,4) = 2004 I want all 2004 values to show bold and red. But can't seem to get the hang of it. -- Delaina ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Delaina's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24151 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=392324 Something like: =MID(E6,5,4) ="2004" But if that formula is really returning a date: =year(e6)=2004 would work better. Delaina wrote: > ...

Problem trying to print "from page --- TO PAGE___"".
Problem trying to print "from page --- TO PAGE___"". When I try to do this,, the preview shows nothing and the page numbers go to 0. Only if I start printing from page 1 does it all print,, but that is a waste.. Why is this happening?? I can select individual pages in PDF files?? Thanks.. I have an intel mac,, 10..4.9,, and have upgraded Office to 11..3.5.. Thanks. Are there section breaks in your file? (columns, places where the numbering restarts or the page orientation changes?) If so, you need to tell Word both the s...

Can't Print Worksheet to a One-Page PDF Document
I'm running Excel 2007 and Adobe Acrobat 8.0. I can't print a worksheet to a one-page PDF document. The PDF maker breaks off one end and prints it as a second page. If I try to print to a PDF with a landscape setting, the PDF printer breaks off the bottom and prints it as a second page. Is there a way of getting the worksheet onto a one-page PDF file? maybe download and install 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en Robert Lee wrote: > I...

Recording what I have printed or faxed
I have a workbook set up for my company. I have to invoice my employer for payment of services. All set up and works great. I would like to add one more feature if possible. When I fax an invoice to my employer; is it possible to have Excel record that automatically in the workbook in a cell called "sent". Date sent would be nice to. I normally do not make a hard copy of the invoice; but I do retrieve the invoice and send it via the print command. It then will go to my HP All In One printer as a fax. The reason I need this is because I have just purchased a new Printer/Fax an...

Number formating
I am downloading data from SAP into excel and all negative numbers are read as (12345-). What do I need to do to get the negative sign on the left side of the number and format it correctly? thanks for the help Data>Text to Columns>Next>Next> check "general" >Finish. Gord Dibben Excel MVP - XL97 SR2 & XL2002 On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 14:41:45 -0700, "Sulaiman" <sulaiman.arsala@vitalms.com> wrote: >I am downloading data from SAP into excel and all negative >numbers are read as (12345-). What do I need to do to get >the negative sign on ...

Screen and print formatting migrated files
I hope I am permitted to re-post but original was in completely the wrong place and I do not know how to move it. I cannot print a colleague's excel files properly. I received an excel file from a colleague's pc but the page formatting is completely changed when opened on my pc. Even if I ensure page setup is exactly the same, specify the same printer and make no changes to font etc. text which will appear OK on colleague's pc under print preview and when printed will over-run onto second page when opened in my excel. No problems within cells etc - just the overall page size. ...

Imported Date Format
I have imported data from an accounting program and the date format is 20070101 for January 1, 2007. I have looked at various sites that would use Left(),Mid(),Right() to break the numbers and then put them back into 2007/01/01 but was wondering if anyone had a simpler solution. Thanks, Lee Coleman =DATE(LEFT(A1,4),MID(A1,5,2),RIGHT(A1,2)) Look familiar? "Lee" wrote: > I have imported data from an accounting program and the date format is > 20070101 for January 1, 2007. I have looked at various sites that would use > Left(),Mid(),Right() to break the numbers and ...

Excel 2003
I need to format some cells in MINUTES that can be counted. Entries will be something like +25 min _15 min And then there will be a cell that tallies the two for the day and then a cell that tallies for the week. I see no preset formatting that I can use for this. How would I do this? Just format it,Format,Cells,Custom, as +0"min";-0"min" -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "windsong" <windsong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D080C28-E244-4B1C-AF16-AC4B221E0E08@microsoft.com... > I need to f...

Printing attachments #3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C41D82.F4685A10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there a way to print an email and a listing of the attachments? --=20 Joy Hutchins joyhutchins@email.uophx.edu jhutchins@gawronturgeon.com ------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C41D82.F4685A10 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http...

Publisher 2007 Print Preview problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C848A1.9D928960 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I use a custom template 8.5x44, fill it with text and pictures, but = print preview show 5 pages, with the text and pictures centered over the = 5 pages, meaning that the first and last half pages are blank. That is, = the text and pictures begin mid page, not at the top as my document has = them. And the bottom of the fifth page is blank. What am I doing wrong? Al ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C848A1.9D...

Printing content only
Outlook 2007 Is there a way of printing 'content only' without showing the 76 other recipients that it has been sent to? -- Jim S Tyneside UK www.jimscott.co.uk Open the message in a browser - open message, then Other Actions, View in Browser (needs to be HTML format) or hit forward and delete the headers before printing. (The Forward method works best when you use the forward inline, no indents or quote characters option). -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www...

conditional formatting
Are the conditions listed in multiple conditions depending on each other? I have a condition currently that is =$C1=$A$1 and shades the row yellow. I would like to add a separate condition (not dependent on this one) that would say if cell is equal to 0, font would be white. It this possible? Currently when I add this as a second condition, it does not work. What am I missing? Thanks. If C1=A1 is FASLE (condition 1) and if the cell = 0 is TRUE, then the white font (condition 2) should be applied, otherwise it is ignored. If this does not happen, then you have an error in the CF condit...

Date formatting problem
I have an unusual problem and would appreciate any help. I have a spreadsheet that has date values in it, such as "2/3/1972". In the formula bar it is correct (includes an = sign at the beginning), but it displays "1/1/1900" in the cell and uses that value in calculations. When I apply a different date format, it still shows some variation of "January 1, 1900" in the cell and I can't get it to change. Any ideas? Thanks. I think that excel is seeing your =2/3/1972 as a giant division problem. =(2/3)/1972 which evaluates to: 0.000338066 which is 01/00/...

Best export format for commercial print from Publisher
When I print my document to PDF directly from Publisher, my graphics do not come out the way I expect - they are a bit distorted. The text is amazingly clear at high zoom levels this way but my graphics do not look right. When I save as .jpg at 300 DPI, why don't I get the same high resolution that I see when I print to High Quality PDF? My graphics look perfect when I save as .jpg but the text isn't as clear at high zooms. Should I be saving as a different format (.tif, .png, .ps)? Can someone w/ experience in preparing documents for commercial print please help? Thanks!! ...

unrecognized database format 04-26-06
Good morning. I'm posting here, even though my issue is not a result of a DB conversion. I have a 2000 DB file that I set up on a server and also emailed to a user. My user and myself are both using Access 2003, but when my user tries to access the DB on the server and locally, she gets this error message: unrecognized database format 'path'. To test, I converted my DB from 2000 to 2003, but she still couldn't open it. I've never had this problem. You would think a user would be able to open a 2000 or 2003 file when running Access 2003. I have not had this error in...

How do I create greetings card A5 one fold print both sides
Create my own greetings cards using A5 paper with one fold, either lanscape or vertical Place digital picture on the front and message inside and on the back Setup your printer for A5, either use the Folded Card or booklet in page setup. Basically the booklet is the folded card with a different page orientation. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "parksw" <parksw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6CF9E52-B098-4CD8-9EC0-E2D61647968F@microsoft.com... > Create my own greetings cards usin...

Multiple conditions #2
My spreadsheet has 2 sheets, sheet1 & sheet2 Sheet1 has in column A a list of numbers, Column B the date, Column C the amount Sheet2 has the same numbers in Column A and the months in B, C, D, E, F, etc... (12 months) I'd like for excel to Sum Column C (Sheet1) by matching the SAME numbers in Column A, with the Same month in Column B and total the amounts in Column C and put the results in Sheet2 next to the SAME number and the Same month. Sheet1 would look like: Column A Column B Column C Number Date Amount 1234 1/1/2011 1 1234 1/5/2011 1 5678 ...