lookup problem #2

I have a sheet with J11 called Buyers # and K11 called Buyers name. On the
next sheet called Buyers there is a list with B1 being the buyers number,
and C2 is the buyers names. How can I enter a number on the first sheet and
get the corresponding name to come up?

Todd

0
todd7893 (1)
5/17/2004 5:26:47 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Have a look in HELP index for VLOOKUP

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Todd Fischer" <todd@fischerhome.net> wrote in message
> I have a sheet with J11 called Buyers # and K11 called Buyers name. On the
> next sheet called Buyers there is a list with B1 being the buyers number,
> and C2 is the buyers names. How can I enter a number on the first sheet
and
> get the corresponding name to come up?
>
> Todd

0
Don
5/17/2004 5:33:35 PM
Hi Todd,

In cell K11, put the formula:

=VLookup(J11,sheet2!B1:C100,2,false)

This assumes that your list of Buyers and numbers are on sheet2, cells
B1:C100. Adjust the text in the formula as required

Regards,

Bill

Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore!
Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum ***

Same problem here with Ports not listening from RPCDump ....
I have the same problem David has. Single server setup, https return 402.3 read access denied, RPCDump returns No for IsListening on por 6001, 6002, and 6004. Just wondering if anyone has a solution for th problem. I went through the single server setup article troubleshooting article as well as the deployment guide. But n luck.. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;833401# http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;82733 If anyone could help, i would greatly appreciate any help ...

2 Page Newsletters
I am trying to open a 2 page newsletter from someone they they saved on my computer. On his computer it is two pages and there is the 1,2 page numbers you can click on the bottom. When he sends it to me it only shows one page. When he comes to my computer and tries to open his from my computer it does the same, only one page. Can anyone help with this? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from dpandozzi@r-masters.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I am trying to open a 2 page newsletter from someone they > they saved on my comp...

Outlook delegate-mailbox deletion problem
This sounds like an easy one however, haven't found resolution yet. Here's scenario... User B reported to User A and added A to his delegation for being copied on all meeting request replies (done from Outlook 2000). All was well until User A left the company and mailbox was subsequently archived and deleted. Ever since the mailbox deletion, all attendees accepting a meeting request from User B receive an NDR referencing inability to deliver reply to User A's mailbox. The typical answer would be to open User B's Outlook app, goto delegates and remove User A.. The problem is...

A Real Sticky Problem
I created a query that joins two tables into one form. One table is the active one and the other is archived information. So, for instance a clients most recent data for 2007 is in table one, but the older data is stored in table two. The problem is that the form is not displaying the newest clients entered into table one. It is 8 off. Is this because there is no similar entry in table two? Can this be resolved by assigning a primary key to table one? If you're just doing a simple join (an Inner Join), you'll only get details for those clients that exist in both tables. You...

Problems with re-setting the last active cell in an Excel workshee
I am trying to re-set the last active cell on an Excel 2002 worksheet (in this particular sheet it should be cell DA197). I have used both the methods described in the Knowledge Base article (deleting rows and columns and re-saving; and the Excess Format Cleaner add-in). Deleting the rows and columns does not work; using the Excess Format Cleaner does not work either and it then also hides the rows from 198 to 65536 - but does not do the same for the columns. I have checked that there is no protection on the worksheet. Has anyone else come across this problem and if so can you please ...

Install of SP3 problems
Have a Sony VIAO desktop with Windows XP Home SP1 loaded. Intel CPU and 512mb RAM. I tried loading SP3 from the exe file that I downloaded from the Microsoft web site. It complained that it couldn't backup a msscp.dll file from \Windows\system32 folder, but it let me ignor/skip it and go ahead with the install anyway. After the first boot the system hung on the black screen with the cursor for a long time (4 min). This was a fresh instal. When it finished booting (finally!) it was slower than snot. And most of the text in program windows and control panel was missing?? Even the t...

Print Reconcilliation #2
Is it possible to print a reconcilliation when you are done with it? I could always do this in Quicken but can't see how to do it in Money. Money doesn't have a reconciliation report. This, and many workarounds and near workarounds have been discussed numerous times in the last month or so. (These things come in cycles--this is the cycle for reconciliation report, apparently.) Get more headers or search archives of this group at http://groups.google.com. "Thomas Schiessl" <Schiessl@athenet.net> wrote in message news:319901c37573$1a2d6fa0$a301280a@phx.gbl... &g...

GALMOD32.exe not working #2
Hello. When the users of the domain run GALMOD32.exe it acts like it saves the settings but when I look at the gal those settings don't stick. I have done the following site suggestions about adding "self" to delegate control, but still no luck. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get users to update the gal themselves and have it actually stick. http://mcpmag.com/columns/article.asp?EditorialsID=873 Thanks, -comb In article <MPG.1ef200b44f090d1b989684@news.newsreader.com>, whore@whore.com says... > Hello. > > When the users of the domain run GALM...

Get $500 to your PAYPAL Account by just one CLICK #2

excel database lookup
newbee done some homework on excel i wold like to have data from a database such as access be used to fill a drop down combobox if possible as user enters data in combobox i want combobox to scroll example if user enters character R i wan combobox to scroll down to r and soon as data is entered from kewboard any suggestions, url etc really appreciated Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ilaboo" <plener@earthlink.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:yT_Xc.1707$JT3.423@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net... > newbee > done some homework on exc...

Problems launching process
In the following code I am attempting to launch Internet Explorer and display an html document in the browser. Internet Explorer runs fine but the html document cannot be displayed. No matter if I pass the full path or just the filename to the function the document cannot be displayed. // Begin code --------------- // Html file is viewed by launching Internet Explorer via RunBrowser() // CString sHtmlFile = _T("test.html"); RunBrowser("C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\Iexplore.exe", "test.html"); // Function that launches process void CMyView::RunBrowser...

DTD Entity replacement problems
Hi, I'm trying to use a Entity replacement with a DTD file, and I'm getting this error while processing with the "XmlValidatingReader" component: "The parameter entity replacement text must nest properly within markup declarations. An error occurred at http://localhost/test/dtds/test.dtd, (3, 24)." I've revised the DTD and I think its correct. This is a little example that repro the bug: <!ENTITY % par1 ",test2"> <!ELEMENT test (test1 %par1;)> <!ELEMENT test1 (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT test2 (#PCDATA)> And the XML ...

Kamasutra Full B-Grade Movie With Nudity Must See (1 Hour 50 Min ) #2
Kamasutra Full B-Grade Movie With Nudity Must See (1 Hour 50 Min ) At http://iceboob.Co.CC Due to GOOGLE security risks, i have hidden the videos(15) in an image. in that website on Right side below search box click on image and watch videos in all angles. ...

problems downloading UpdateOutlook2003EmailFilter(KB914454)
Wanna share a little more detail? Any particular error? Nikki "Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CE49572-FB48-4FCE-8A2F-37A8DABB47E9@microsoft.com... > I couldn't get the update to install on any of my computers. I uninstalled Office, reinstalled it, updated it; no problem. Ended up doing that on all 3 machines. Seems like an MS update problem. While I am on the subject. This last 6 updates that came through last week would not download automatically. I had to get them via microsoft update. Maybe I didn't give them enough...

Header and Footer Locations (2)
Gord Dibben: Excuse my ignorance, but where do I find "Custom Settings" so I can move the Header and Footer margins in? Thanks, Bernie Bernie View>Header and Footer>Custom To have a left footer several spaces in from default, enter the footer using one of the buttons provided then click in box and enter the spaces before the actual footer. This is not an exact science, so some experimentation will take place. Gord On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 20:32:51 GMT, "Bernie Beal" <bquest@optonline.net> wrote: >Gord Dibben: > >Excuse my ignorance, but where do...

Problem With Opening Attachments
For some reason, when I click on any attachment in received e-mails Microsoft Publisher opens and the attachments cannot be viewed. Does anybody know how to prevent this? It started just a couple of days ago and I haven't been able to find a solution anywhere. Thanks in advance. ...

SHARING WORKBOOKS #2
I HAVE AN EXCEL SPREADSHEET THAT NEEDS TO BE AVAILABLE ON TWO COMPUTERS AND SHOW THE SAME INFORMATION INCLUDING CHANGES. HOW DO I DO THIS? Hi check out 'Tools - Share workbooks' Note: shared workbooks have many restrictions (several functions are not available for them). IMHO Excel is not well suited for beeing shared. You may condiser using a different type of application for this (e.g. a database) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ALSHORTMAN" <ALSHORTMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C0807914-A81F-4719-A37C-3F22160C2EB3@microsoft...

XL2007
I have a spreadsheet that uses the following sequence to scale the y axis of an X-Y scatter graph with lines drawn between points from VBA and it works perfectly in all previous versions of Excel. It fails with XL2007 rather catastrophically. The main spreadsheet was imported from XL2003. I have looked in the KB and archives here and not found any other reports of this problem so I don't know if it is something peculiar about this particular installation or what. It is reproducible in a toy chart in pure XL2007. The failing lines are; ActiveChart.Axes(xlSecondary).Select ok = Applicati...

Problem with Text box and Background
I am using the background as a temple for a form I add test boxes where I want to have text typed in The problem is when I print the page the text I have typed in isn't where it is supposed to be It is below the line of the background form How do I solve this problem? Web page? Best asked in the publisher.webdesign group -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "News" <gmhull@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:pOKFf.27487$F_3.19174@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net... >I am using the background as a t...

Default Value problem 02-22-08
Feel a bit silly. I want to insert a =Now() Date field on every new record created via a certain form. I don't want people seeing this info. So, I added AphaDate Date field to the table the query for this form is based on. I insert the field on the form and mark it hidden. In the properties for this field on the form, I say the default value =Now() I assume then that any new record created will "stamp" with this date. But it doesn't work When I create the table, add the field to the query and try to set this up, the field shows up as blank no matter what I do. Wha...

Outlook notification #2
in outlook 2003, we now have that cool little box that comes up when new mail hits the mailbox. Is there a way to set up a different folder to do a similar bubble message? You have to set up a rule. It's one of the action options for incoming messages ----- Philip wrote: ---- in outlook 2003, we now have that cool little box that comes up when new mail hits the mailbox. Is there a way to set up a different folder to do a similar bubble message? ...

Problem when adding an appointment in CRM from the SFO ver. 1.2
When the users make an appointment in the SFO, its fails. The SFO makes the activity on the contact, but the Outlook synchronisation fails. The appointment does not appear in the Outlook calendar. Then we reinstall the appointment form in Outlook, clear the forms cache, and the problem is resolved. Then after some time (weeks) the problem comes back. Any ideas? Best regards Jacob Mondrup IT Manager, Cultivator Denmark. have you loaded the latest rollup patch for the outlook client? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=127a274d-bc20-4e2f-be0d-1247455748...

Access2000 automation problem
Hi I have a VBA script, which worked finely for about half a year. The script opens an excel workbook on server share on every night, refreshes some ODBC queries (from Visual FoxPro tables, one query on every sheet, no formulas in adjacent cells, all query properties are same), waits a little, and then closes the file. The script is here: Option Explicit Dim objXLApp, objXLBook, strPath, strBook strPath = "O:\Common\PerData\" strBook = "Personal.xls" Set objXLBook=GetObject(strPath & strBook) Set objXLApp = objXLBook.Parent objXLApp.Visible = True objXL...

Re:Re: Excel Problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0083_01C5D615.37853060 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have some sheets 1;2;3;4; ETC................. I would like the new page list release with one botton: A1-Nome de sheet(1;2;3;4; ETC) A2-Date(C50:C80) A3-Import (D50:D90) Best regards Marcello "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> ha scritto nel = messaggio=20 news:uk86X7v0FHA.3188@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Marcello, > > I am not absolutely clear as to what you...

problem sending emails 04-25-10
i looked up the POP3 and SMTP server information but when i try to send emails it gives me this error. The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server R...