Lookup Formula Help

Hi

I have a formula that returns a blank when a zero is in place
=IF(A15>0,VLOOKUP(A15,'New Labour Standards'!$B$6:$C$990,2,FALSE)," ")

I want this also to return blank when a text entry is in place.

Please could you help.

Thanks

Brian

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

> I have a formula that returns a blank when a zero is in place
> =IF(A15>0,VLOOKUP(A15,'New Labour Standards'!$B$6:$C$990,2,FALSE)," ")
>
> I want this also to return blank when a text entry is in place.

I think this will do what you want....

=IF(AND(A15>0,ISNUMBER(A15)),VLOOKUP(A15,$B$6:$C$990,2,FALSE)," ")

Rick

Help please.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C47622.DFEC7DC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am using Microsoft Money Premium for household budgets etc. It was = working fine then all of a sudden it will not let me enter any new = entries or even alter existing entries. I just get a message that says = "This transaction cannot be entered". What can I do or what have I done????? ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C47622.DFEC7DC0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Conten...

HELP! #2
I just had a cluster failover and fail back and for whatever reason, now when users go into Outlook and type the name of a public folder or newsgroup on the To: line they see the name of the group plus some sort of SID looking string next to it. For example, instead of just seeing thename of the group they are seeing: company.newsgroupname <newsgroupname34239492038902385092845923> What's going on? Help! Dan Dan, Are there any errors in the event logs pertaining to access of AD or anything like that? C. Smith Enso Technologies, Incorporated http://www.ensotech.com On Wed,...

Iterative Calculation help needed
I have the following information A1 - Balance at the beginning of calculation A2 - Annualized payment A3 - Interest rate divided by # of payments per year A4 - Number of years * # of payments per year I'm trying to calulate the total ((A1-A2)*(1+A3)) - I need to do this over and over up until I've don it A4 times. I can do it for each period but I want to do it all in one cell, i possible. How can I have it plug the new number into A1 and repeat th calculation A4 times. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi there You might find that the PMT function coul...

i am receiving every emai twice?? can anyone help with this issue
I would appreciate any advice cheers, See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/duplicates.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "ETA" <ETA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5939A41A-2CBC-415A-BA84-C14C2FD19084@microsoft.com... > I would appreciate any advice > > cheers, ...

Lookup Function in user form
I have a combo box (cboitem1) and a text box (txtprice1). I am using the code below to have txtprice1 fill with the corresponding price the worksheet: Private Sub Cboitem1_Change() If cboItem1 <> "" Then txtprice1.Value = Excel.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(cboItem1.Value, Sheets("Pizzas").Range("A1:B65536"), 2, False) End If End Sub It works perfectly when you enter an existing value in cboitem1. However if 'the user' accidently types a letter that is not the first letter of one of the existing items VB debugging pops up with error &qu...

Excel Formulae #4
I've been trying hard to find a formula which would enable me (from one cell) to Add several cells and Subtract the answer from another cell (subtracting items of expenditure from a starting total). I could manage this with Lotus - but Excel does not seem to behave the same. Advice would be much appreciated. Thanks, Ken. One way: Say you wanted to subtract A1, A2, A3, J4 and N5 from L6: =L6-SUM(A1:A3,J4,N5) In article <173d01c3fbd6$3df0f300$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "KenS." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've been trying hard ...

Need HELP with Exchange Restore/Recovery
Details: 2003 sp2 Exchange Server Enterprise 2003 sp1 Server Enterprise C: drive is 100GB Logical Drive over x4 36GB drives in a RAID 5 set D: drive is 280GB Logical Drive over x5 70GB drives in a RAID 5 set Domain Controller Last night I upgraded our 2003 sp1 Exchange to sp2 + any O/S hot fixes and DST fix. No problem with the upgrade or hot fix, but @ about 200 a.m. I lost two of the five drives in the RAID 5 set (drive D) that had the exchange install. I’m currently replacing the hardware & bringing up the drives & going to recreate the D: drive. (server is bootable) I h...

Shorter Formula
Can anyone shorten this formula please. Basically all it does is gives me an average of the figures in Column "W" depending on the number of times that product appears in "R" column =IF(ISERROR(SUM(SUMIF($R$5:$R$9,R62,$W$5:$W$9),SUMIF ($R$22:$R$26,R62,$W$22:$W$26),SUMIF ($R$39:$R$43,R62,$W$39:$W$43))/COUNTIF ($R$5:$R$43,R62)),0,SUM(SUMIF ($R$5:$R$9,R62,$W$5:$W$9),SUMIF ($R$22:$R$26,R62,$W$22:$W$26),SUMIF ($R$39:$R$43,R62,$W$39:$W$43))/COUNTIF($R$5:$R$43,R62)) thanks Pete I didn't try too hard to analyze your formula, just noted that your ranges and sum_ ranges...

Formula counts incorrectly
Help please. Column K contains dates and blank cells. I would like to count how many of these dates fall within a given date range. For example, in the first week in May. Column K contains these dates. 5/2/2005, 5/3/2005, 5/5/2005, 5/5/2005. I would like to count this as 4 dates within the first week of May. I created this formula but the output is 3. =SUMPRODUCT(--(ECNT!F2:F515>=DATE(2005,5,2)),--(ECNT!F2:F515<=DATE(2005,5,6)),--(ISNUMBER(ECNT!K2:K515))) I assume that it is only counting 5/5/2005 one time? I changed the dates in the formula to check a second 2nd date range (5/9 to ...

Sloooow. PLEASE HELP
Hi All, I have two questions first is where do I find the Windows 7 Disscussion Group. Have posted here because was unable to locate the windows 7 Discussion Group. My computer which is a SAMSUNG N110 3 months old has become very very very slow. It has Windows 7 installed I have upgraded the memory to two GIG. I have antivirus software and Anti Malware bytes installed. The problem i have is that the machine seems to slow down and sometimes crash whenever I click on internet explorer and many other applications such as office 2007 etc, etc. I have run the Norton Virus pr...

Help!! Need Recovery!
So I went to open my excell file as usual and suddenly I have 10 or so instances openned. As I was closing them I saved one that turned out to be an old version, REAL OLD, like 2 weeks or so. No I desparataly need to get back to where I was. I tried to use the recovery utility under Microsoft Tools, but there are no available dates to revert to. I have no other way of reverting the document. Anyone know what to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.- Kjellster :D ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and ...

Protect formatting & formula
I need to protect the formatting & formula in each cell to avoid accidental changes during update by different users. However, if I protect them, any new row creation and deletion are disable. Is there any way resolve it? Especially, when create a row, how can all formatting and formula to create automatically for the new row? Thanks, Scott What version of Excel? "Scott" <NoSpam-Scott.Xe@GMail.com> wrote in message news:%23bsg6kCBGHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I need to protect the formatting & formula in each cell to avoid accidental >changes d...

Is there a way to automatically put the $ sign into the formula?
I want to turn this =A1 into =$A$1. How is the best way of doing this. Is there a shortcut....keyboard stroke to do this?? Hit [F4] several times and watch the results. Micky "hrb_2001" wrote: > I want to turn this =A1 into =$A$1. > How is the best way of doing this. Is there a shortcut....keyboard stroke to > do this?? > Hi, Enter =A1 then tap F4 Repeated taps of F4 scroll through the referencing options -- Mike When competing hypotheses are equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently an...

Help to build a table
Please help me to build a table similar to this one The number on the first column will change after 16 times, it will go in sequence from 1001, 1002, etc… The number in the second column will change after 4 times and it will go from 1 to 4 The number in the 3rd column will go from 1 to 4 2nd and 3rd column will keep the same pattern. Cabinet Shelf Location 1001 1 1 1001 1 2 1001 1 3 1001 1 4 1001 2 1 1001 2 2 1001 2 3 1001 2 4 1001 3 1 1001 3 2 1001 3 3 1001 3 4 1001 4 1 1001 4 2 1001 4 3 1001 4 4 1002 1 1 1002 1 2 1002 1 3 1002 1 4 1002 2 1 1002 2 2 1002 2...

My computer has stopped recognizing my memory card
This just happened today. The card was purchased the day after Thanksgiving so it's very new. It is a 4GB SD card from HP. I don't believe this is a hardware problem as my digital camera Lexar 1GB Memory Stick Duo card and adapter worked just fine today in the same slot. There has been no damage to the card. It has a write-protection lock on the side and I've tried the card with and without the lock on - neither way worked. I've also checked "My Computer" and confirmed that the computer is not listing my card as a drive any longer. I really need to get t...

retrive value from lookup screen
hi, i hv small problem i make refrence for smartlist (SL)in GP form to enable me open the SL lookup form ,and i add lookup button to open that smart list but i want the retive value from SL to be inserted in text box exist on GP form please help me ...

Help writing a formula
I have a huge database that I need to create numbering for each line like this example: AK-233 (2 letter state, a dash, and 1-4 digit number), but the number doesn't change each line - sometimes the number will be duplicated on multiple lines because those lines have the same title, I also need to create another cell extending that letter/number combo that will differentiate the 1st cell. So the first cell stays the same if the title is the same. The second cell adds another layer of numbering to differentiate the first cell. See example: (Row1, Col 1-4) AK-1, AK-1-1, Title1...

Receiving 2 of every message
I recently paid for a hotmail account so I could have larger storage and not get cancelled for any reasons such as not checking it often enough. I followed the instructions and put my service on Outlook Express. Now I'm receiving 2 of every message. What's up? Can I fix this? Thanks Darla ...

Help with RANK
Hi I need to rank 100+ numbers but I can't get the formula right. All th numbers are in one column, but not all the rows e.g. I need to Ran G1:G11 and G13:G25 and G32:G40 etc. How can you put in more than on reference? The cells G12,G26:G31 etc have numbers in them that I don' want ranked RANK(number,ref,order -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =RANK(G1,MyList) where mylist is a selection of ranges defined with a single name, eg select all your ranges and do Insert / Name / Define, then call it MyList. Now use it in the rank formula and then copy the formula ...

HELP! Outlook Keeps Receiving Same E-Mail Messages
Hello: I keep getting the same 6 e-mail messages. This is after calling Norton and Comcast re receiving the same 3 e-mail messages (538 of them since midnight Dec 3!). Of course, it was not their problem, so it must be Outlook. Any thoughts. It sounds like you have an email message with a large attachment that is bogging down your account. What happens with the email is once you have connected to your ISP and clicked on the send/receive button if the connection is lost it will start over again until it can pull all of your messages in 1 sweep. You will need to log on to your accou...

Dialog getting hidden under HELP file
HI all, In my application I have a dialog & I launch HELP file from that dialog using F1 key. After that If I move the help file to one corner so that a part of the dialog is visible & click on the dialog & move it,it is moving,but when it comes over the HELP file,it is not overlapping but getting hidden under that. can anybody tell me what should I do to make it overlap the help file or give me a link that can help. Thanks in advance. Yes, that's how it is supposed to work. Help is a completely separate program, so its relationship to windows in ...

Re: Could someone please help me with formulas
sorry typo http://www.eaglepi.com/formula/example.xls "No" <no@isp.com> wrote in message news:... > I created a workbook and tried to explain the best I could how everything > should be. you can download the workbook at, > http://www.eaglepi.com/formlua/example.xls > > I really appreciate everyones help on this..... > > > "CLR" <croberts@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message > news:%235IxtFEHFHA.2936@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > Maybe in cell J2 you could put the formula =H2+I2, which would give you > the > > sum of the C...

HELP! Record Macro in TOOLS > MACRO is gone!
I was in Customize function trying to enable the Stop Recording toolbar and now in TOOLS > MACRO the Record Macro option is gone. I'm working on a project and I need this back. Can someone help? I'm using Excel 2003. Thanks, Joe M. Try this: In the customize window > click the Options tab > push the reset toolbars & menus button. Exit excel and re-load it Micky "Joe M." wrote: > I was in Customize function trying to enable the Stop Recording toolbar and > now in TOOLS > MACRO the Record Macro option is gone. I'm working on a ...

Updates not installed
KB976884, KB976416, and KB977304 have failed numerous times. Why? Is there a specific reason? What can I do? Cherry wrote: > KB976884, KB976416, and KB977304 have failed numerous times. Why? > Is there a specific reason? What can I do? So you have Microsoft Works and Microsoft Office 2007 installed? Or just Microsoft Works and some 'viewers' for Microsoft Office 2007? Or had Works installed but installed Office 2007 and did not fully remove Works? Or just Outlook 2007 and InfoPath 2007 and Microsoft Works? Have you tried downloading the patches manually and ...

Please help
When I delete an email from the list of emails on the left sometimes it deletes an additional email right below it, it doesn't happen all the time and the only thin that I can do to make it happen is to open both emails separately then when I delete one from the list on the left it will delete another one and I don't always notice it so I am deleting emails that I don't want to and don't realize until later, also sometimes when I reply to email it will create a blank draft in the background that I don't realize is there unless I quit entourage ...