logging date & time of data entry for individual cell

I'd like to log the time & date that content was entered into a (formerly
empty) cell.

When any data is manually entered into cell A1, the then-current time & date
goes into cell B1 (and henceforth doesn't change). When data is entered into
A2, the then-current time & date goes into cell B2. Once data has been
entered into a cell, it will not be edited again.

Can anyone suggest the best way of doing this?

Thanks!

Julz

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Put the following macro in the worksheet code area:

Set r = Range("A:A")
If Intersect(Target, r) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target.Offset(0, 1).Value = Now()
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200762

"Julz" wrote:

> I'd like to log the time & date that content was entered into a (formerly
> empty) cell.
>
> When any data is manually entered into cell A1, the then-current time & date
> goes into cell B1 (and henceforth doesn't change). When data is entered into
> A2, the then-current time & date goes into cell B2. Once data has been
> entered into a cell, it will not be edited again.
>
> Can anyone suggest the best way of doing this?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Julz

0
GarysStudent (1572)
12/24/2007 1:57:01 PM
Wonderful - many thanks!

Happy Christmas,

Julz

"Gary''s Student" <GarysStudent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Put the following macro in the worksheet code area:

> Set r = Range("A:A")
> If Intersect(Target, r) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
> Application.EnableEvents = False
> Target.Offset(0, 1).Value = Now()
> Application.EnableEvents = True
> End Sub
> --
> Gary''s Student - gsnu200762
>

> "Julz" wrote:
>
>> I'd like to log the time & date that content was entered into a (formerly
>> empty) cell.
>>
>> When any data is manually entered into cell A1, the then-current time &
>> date
>> goes into cell B1 (and henceforth doesn't change). When data is entered
>> into
>> A2, the then-current time & date goes into cell B2. Once data has been
>> entered into a cell, it will not be edited again.
>>
>> Can anyone suggest the best way of doing this?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Julz

That doesn't check for already entered date though:

Set r =3D Range("A:A")
If Intersect(Target, r) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Application.EnableEvents =3D False
if Target.Offset(0,1).Value =3D "" then
   Target.Offset(0, 1).Value =3D Now()
end if
Application.EnableEvents =3D True
End Sub

On Dec 25, 5:25=A0am, "Julz" <jul...@jlittlewood.com> wrote:
> Wonderful - many thanks!
>
> Happy Christmas,
>
> Julz
>
> "Gary''s Student" <GarysStud...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag=

> > Put the following macro in the worksheet code area:

> > Set r =3D Range("A:A")
> > If Intersect(Target, r) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
> > Application.EnableEvents =3D False
> > Target.Offset(0, 1).Value =3D Now()
> > Application.EnableEvents =3D True
> > End Sub
> > --
> > Gary''s Student - gsnu200762
>
> > "Julz" wrote:
>
> >> I'd like to log the time & date that content was entered into a (former=
ly
> >> empty) cell.
>
> >> When any data is manually entered into cell A1, the then-current time &=

> >> date
> >> goes into cell B1 (and henceforth doesn't change). When data is entered=

> >> into
> >> A2, the then-current time & date goes into cell B2. Once data has been
> >> entered into a cell, it will not be edited again.
>
> >> Can anyone suggest the best way of doing this?
>
> >> Thanks!
>
> >> Julz- Hide quoted text -

Prevent clicking on a cell

if cell is text move left one column

Time Series
I have about 30000 lines of data that looks like so: Time Count 93000 447 93001 1020 93002 1438 93003 2177 93004 3042 93005 3467 93006 2913 93007 3341 93008 3547 93009 2908 93010 3512 93011 4090 Where ColA is time. I am having trouble creating a graph with time on the x-axis and count on the y-axis. Thank you in advance. You need to make an XY chart But with 30,000 data points you could run into trouble; Help says you can 32,000 data points in a single data series. However, if you want markers it will look like heck. You could limit the data like this: assume y-values in B2:B30001 in ...

Date display in Excel

C# Adding Days to a Date
Hello, I have 2 objects: objContract.activeon and objContract.expireson. I am trying to add 364 days to objContract.activeon and assign it to the value of objContractexpireson. ---------------------------------------------------------- // Contract Start Date DateTime dt = DateTime.Now; objContract.activeon = new CrmDateTime(); int iFound = 0; string sTemp = ""; if (objAccount.paymenttermscode.Value == 1) // due on receipt - use Todays Date { objContract.activeon = objInvoice.CFDinvoicedate; } else // ...

Separating Date and Time in a cell

Data migration - Adventure Works

Automatic changes in cells

Integration Manager
I have set up an integration mapping into the Bank Transaction Entry for GP 8.0. Since there is no option to save a bank transaction entry, it posts automatically when I run the integration, but it does not print off the reports I usually get when I do a manual bank trans. entry (bank transaction posting journal & general posting journal). I was wondering if anybody knows how to get IM or GP to print the reports associated with the entry? Do I have to write a script? Thanks. I ran into the same issue. Boy I wish Bank Trx used batches that would solve this. We just did a repri...

Run time error 5 : HQClient

date function #3

Calculating on alphabetic cell content

Sorting Cells by Colors