Logarithmic charts

How should the data be entered in a logarithmic chart. I want the log  data
entries to be on the left and the other data to be displyed on the bottom.
My chart will give a logarithmic resistance vs RH. I have tried to list the
data by columns left to right first the resistance then thRH for 4 different
series. It just doesn,t look right and I cannot change anything easily. Are
there any sources for making charts in excel ,especialy Logarithmic ones?

Thanks for any help?

0
ohmic (1)
2/20/2004 9:22:52 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Ed,
In A1:A10 enter your resistance values (the x-values)
In B2:B10 enter the RH (meaning?) values (the y-values)
Select A1:B10, make an XY chart
Right click the y-axis (the one on left side); select Format Axis, open
Scale tab and check the Logarithmic box

OR
With data as before, in C1 enter =LOG(B1)
Copy this down to C10
Select A1:A10, hold CTRL key and select C1:C10
Make XY chart of this data.

--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
"Ed Donovan" <ohmic@ohmicinstruments.com> wrote in message
> How should the data be entered in a logarithmic chart. I want the log
data
> entries to be on the left and the other data to be displyed on the bottom.
> My chart will give a logarithmic resistance vs RH. I have tried to list
the
> data by columns left to right first the resistance then thRH for 4
different
> series. It just doesn,t look right and I cannot change anything easily.
Are
> there any sources for making charts in excel ,especialy Logarithmic ones?
>
> Thanks for any help?

0
bliengme5824 (3040)