Local Range Name & Sheet Duplication

Hi,

In my workbook, I have a global variable sheet called "GlobalVars" and
individual worksheets.

The GlobalVars will have variables that affect all calculation sheets.  My
variables are localized to this sheet.

An individual worksheet represents a region.  It will use both specific
region inputs and global variables (brought over from GlobalVars) .  It
performs the region's calculations.  Again, all variables are localized.

I want to be able to duplicate an individual worksheet as many times as
needed.  But when I do this, the variables from GlobalVars break.  I am left
with #N/A.

Any ideas or thoughts on how to approach this?

I look forward to your help.

Best regards,
Kevin

0
nospam710 (114)
8/29/2005 6:19:13 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Domian Local into Domain Admins Group
How do I make a 'Domain Local' security group which contains a Universal group from another domain, a member of the Global 'Domain Admins' group? DL's can't become a member of GG's Cosmo, you can not. Domain global groups can contain only users and global groups from the same domain... If you need to grant Domain Admins equivalent privileges to accounts from other domains, add them to the domain local Administrators group and local Administrators groups on all domain member computers... hth Marcin "Cosmo" <Cosmo@discussions.microso...

!!HELP!!! Cannot connect to Exchange Server from a RDP, ICA session or server local machine
Please excuse the posting as I wasn't sure which group to post this in. I'm having issues using Outlook from a server desktop, an RDP or ICA connection. I have remote users who connect using Citrix. They logon to the Citrix server desktop (Windows 2003 Server) and use Outlook from there. They can also use Outlook from within Citrix as it is a Published Application. I know some of you are going to suggest why don't they use OWA but let's not get into that. I can log onto any workstation here in the office and connect to the Exchange server and open their Outlook. What I and they...

Suggest Names While Completing .....
Is there anyway to remove a "suggested name" short of actually turning this feature off? Our CEO's PA has returned from leave but her home email address keeps popping up as an option. Ta Ian When Outlook suggests the name, highlight it with the arrow keys and then press the delete key. "Ian Kynaston" <IKynaston@nospam.propertyoz.com.au> wrote in message news:554f01c4743a$a34b6910$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there anyway to remove a "suggested name" short of > actually turning this feature off? > > Our CEO's PA has returned from leave b...

Excel ask duplicate NAMES when duplicate a worksheets
I have added a NAME called "Above" where point to the cell just above the current cell. The formula is "=INDIRECT("R[-1]C",)" In some workbook, when I duplicate a worksheets, this name will remain silent and work ok. But in some workbooks, when I first duplicate a worksheets, the same name ABOVE will be duplicate and a new local name (belongs to that new worksheet) will be created. If I further duplicate that new worksheets in to a new worksheets, the third worksheets will be warned that a dupicate NAME is existed and ask whether refer to another name or use a ne...

Query to hide duplicate records
I recall that this used to easy in previous versions (Unique values only ??), but in 2007, I can't get this to work at all. I have a table with our companie's job numbers in it. The job numbers show up multiple times because of different phases of the project: ProjNum ProjDescription 3077 Univ. of Vermont/UC/LEED 3077 Univ. of Vermont/University Commons: Building Fee 3077 Univ. of Vermont/University Commons: Excess Professiona... I need to jut have a single listing of each project number, otherwise, I get repeated records in the query that looks at this information (which ...

Duplicates
In the following folders: 1. Sent 2. Inbox 3. Calendar is there a way to eliminate duplicates without going one-by-one & deleting? Thanks for any help.. T Jones ...

exchange 5.5 will not keep new server name.
We have exchange 5.5 in enviroment where windows server 2003 is setup along with active directory and active direcitory intergrated zone which is replicated to other servers. Problem: I enter the Exchange Server Name followed by the mailbox name then I select the button [CHECK NAME] In the exchange server name field after entering the new exchange server name the old exchange server name is displayed instead. This only happens in office 2003 professional and not in office 2000 professional "old exchange server name" How did you go about changing the name of the server...

Can I show server name instead of drive letter?
When using the =Cell("filename") function, I would like to show the actual server instead of a drive letter because the letter is dependent on where the server is mapped and not all users have the same mapping. Is this possible? Try using: \\ServerName\drive\... where ServerName is the name of the server and drive is the appropriate drive, and then find the file on the drive from that point. "bfant" wrote: > When using the =Cell("filename") function, I would like to show the actual > server instead of a drive letter because the letter is dependent on...

Adding a button with a function on protected sheets.
How do i add a button to 'reset/clear' the data on a worksheet that is protected and uses VLookup data (from another worksheet). Everyday this table will have data chosen from combo boxes or manually entered in allowable editable fields and at the end of the day after the files is saved, I need to clear that data for use on the next day. How is this Reset button applied with allowable edit ranges, VLookup data and a protected worksheet? Thanks There's several ways to do this. 1. Instead of straight vlookups, use =IF(ISBLANK(VLOOKUP(....)),"",VLOOKUP(....)) wher...

Moving certain data to different sheet
I need to move data that meets a certain criteria, to another sheet within a workbook. For instance, if a column of data is for a certain ZIP code area, I need it to automatically copy to a sheet for that city. Say, 40202 would go to the Louisville, KY sheet. Because Louisville has multiple ZIPs, I would need only the data that begins with 402 to go to that sheet. Lexington KY's data, which begins with ZIP code 405, would go to its own sheet. Macro? Formula? Thanks! This can definitely not be created with a formula. I suggest that you make use of the macros. Rgrds, Kris...

Welcome Sheet?
Hello, I need a sheet to be in a workbook and it will be a sort of welcome screen, what I want this sheet to do is be visible on open but NOT a tab on the bottom(where it says sheet 1, sheet 2, etc...). Is this possible, if so ... How? Thanks -- Stu Stu, Here is one way, using something like this, put this in your worksheet code Private Sub Worksheet_Deactivate() Sheet1.Visible = xlSheetVeryHidden End Sub And this in the this workbook code Private Sub Workbook_Open() Sheet1.Visible = xlSheetVisible Sheet1.Select End Sub You could also use a userform as a welcome screen -- Paul B Alw...

Mail merge duplications in Outlook
I am attempting an e-mail merge for a letter written in Word with my Excel list as I had done in previous versions of Word. When I do this, multiple copies of the the e-mail are sent to the e-mail recipients and the <<name>> field transposes different names from other records. The sent items appears correctly in the Outlook sent folder? My Outlook is setup to send/receive through a Pop3 Account. Has anybody encountered a similar problem or does anybody know of a fix? Thanks in adavance for your help! Eric ...

Altering the range that is plotted by a chart via VBA
Good morning all. I haven't really done a huge amount on charting, so I'm sure you'll think that these questions are a bit simplistic, but here goes! I plot a chart from a worksheet that contains three columns of data - the X axis contains week numbers, and is in B29:B54. Actual hours are entered in F29:F24 and cumualtive hours in G29:G24. The cumulative formula is of the form: =SUM($F$29:F29) So, each week, in order to plot another week's data, I have to copy this cumulative formula down by one cell, which, considering I have a lot of these reports, is a bit time cons...

create a letter with the data fron work sheet
i have a data sheet for the order.like people order staff lik tea,coffee...etc,i ve data including date,name,department,.....etc. when i put the data i want a letter format which picks up the data fro the sheet then i can send it to the person who made the order as confirmatino letter. like it the letter starts dear "......"(it could pick the name fro c1) also how can i create this letter? does it have to be in excel ?? help pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!:( :( :( : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com As answered in microsoft.public.excel and microsoft.public....

2007 duplicate accounts?
In previous versions of Money (2005 & 2006) there was a duplicate account problem. I described it previously here: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.money/msg/61a41a7b3e0efcaf http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.money/msg/b9b1de03d4a5d911 I've searched the group for comments from current M07 users about whether this problem still exists, but haven't found it. If I missed it, my apologies. Would you kindly send me a pointer? If I didn't miss it, has anyone who's using M07 seen this problem? TIA - Mark I'm not using 2007 but I think what...

allow merging cells in protected sheet
When I protect the sheet, the Merge & Center button is greyed out. I need to allow users to merge and center cells in a protected sheet (these cells are not locked). -- Doug hi Doug, I would recommend steering clear of merged cells as they can cause numerous problems. As an alternative I suggest that you use the "centre across selection" option from the dropdown in Format Cells ([ctrl + 1]) - Text Alignment - "Horizontal". If you are using macros in your file, you could use the "userinterfaceonly:=true" option which is available in the W...

Duplicate Inbox
Hi! I formatted my hardrive and installed Office 2003 again. Copied the pst file. Every thing seems to be working fine, but I see two OUTLOOK TODAY in my All Mail Folder. They are exactly the same, and both of them expand at the time of receive emails. How do I remove the other one. One item has OUTLOOK TODAY icon, however the one has icon same as when you attach any other PST file. Please help If you right-click the root folder of the extra .PST file and select Close from the context menu, does it close? If not, can you remove it from your profile using File | Data File Management? -- ...

Conditional formatting a date range
If I have a column of dates that are manual entered what is the formula to conditionally format them based on a date range of three months before the current date to the current date and another three months after the current date to the current date? Assume the dates are in column A, starting with A1. Highlight all the dates, with A1 as the active cell, and click on Format | Conditional Formatting. In the dialogue box you should select Formula Is rather than Cell Value Is and then enter this formula: =3DAND(A1>=3DTODAY()-91,A1<=3DTODAY()) Click on the Format button and choose the ...

Want to modify this procedure to have a range of periods rather than a single period
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00BF_01CB206B.89E3AC60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have the procedure below I want simply modify the periods procedure below to be -- perpost >=3D = '201001' and <=3D '201012' so I want a range of periods rather than a = single period as in the example below I would really appreciate it if someone can help me out on this. Thanks=20 Sammy USE DEMOAPP Declare @perpost nvarchar(8) /* Do not edit Above=20 ...

Help with Highlighting all duplicates in a row
I am trying to highlight duplicates in a row and am using the explanation: Highlighting Duplicate Entries Our first task is to highlight the cells in Range1 that are duplicates. We use Excel's Conditional Formatting tool to accomplish this. First, highlight the entire Range1. Then, select the Conditional Formatting tool from the Format menu: Format->Conditional Formatting. Change the "Cell Value Is" option to "Formula Is" and enter the following formula in the formula text box: =IF(COUNTIF(Range1, A5)>1,TRUE,FALSE) Where A5 is the first cell in Range1....

Wrong sender name when forwarding meeting request....
Hello... need help. ! When I (user A) send a meeting request to user B and user B forwards the request to user C. User C will see me (User A) as sender. I thought it should be user B, because he forwards the request. Does anybody know this ?? Thanks Marc On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 03:25:03 -0800, "Marc" <Marc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello... need help. ! > >When I (user A) send a meeting request to user B and user B forwards the >request to user C. User C will see me (User A) as sender. I thought it should >be user B, because he forwards the request....

Deleting every-other row in a spread sheet
I have a spreadsheet in excell that contains info imported from word. As a result every-other row is blank. I would like to erase these empty rows so if anyone knows how to go about this it would be gratefully appreciated!! Thanks in advance Steve Smintey, If you a familiar with VBA, you can delete the rows via code. For example, this procedure deletes rows with empty cells in column A: Sub DeleteRows() Dim lLastRow As Long Dim Rng As Range Application.ScreenUpdating = False Rows(1).Insert Range("A1").Value = "Temp" With ActiveSheet ....

Return address of first item in a range
I'm sure there must be a simple solution for this I cannot think of. I am looking for a formula that will return the value of the first item in an input range. For example, I want to put a formula in cell A10 that will return the first item that is input in the range Range A1:A9 (not nesessarily the first cell). If A4=200, A7=150 and all other cells are empty, the formula should return 200 (the first item in the column). Thanks for your assistance. Ashley Ashley, One way is to use the array formula (entered with Ctrl-Shift-Enter): =INDIRECT("A"&MIN(IF(A1:A9<...