Load JPG from Web

Hi,

i can put a hyperlink in a cell, clicking on this will open the jpg via
Internetbrowser

i also can add a picture directly into the exceltable, but then the
excelfile gets large

Now my question:

Is it possible to put a link into a cell, so when viewing the sheet
excel loads the picture from a webserver into the cell ?
the size of the excelfile would be smal and the jpg-files are up-to-date
as on the webserver ?

regards
Ecki
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Save Pub file as .jpg
In order to have captioned photos to insert into a manuscript written in MS Word, I am saving pages from Publisher as .jpg files. Each page or new .jpg has a few photos with captions on it. When I save them, though, the new .jpg somehow has a vertical line on the left margin that I can't seem to remove. Help?? -- NoCal Publisher User ...

Microsoft outlook won't load
I use Microsoft outlook (2000) as my email programme, but it has suddenly started to freeze when I try to launch the programme. and I can't open it. It contains all my stored emails and addresses etc. Can anyone suggest anything please? Frank Try opening it in safe mode. Start>Run>"outlook.exe /safe" (sans quotes). If it opens then, run "Detect and Repair" from under help in Outlook. If that doesn't solve it, repost to this thread. "Frank Milnes" <Frank.R.Milnes@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:bfc6p6$9u7$1@hercules.btinternet.com....

Money will not load
I keep getting the message upon trying to load the program that "Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvenience." I got this message using Money 2002, and thought an update might help. But I'm getting it on the 2004 edition also. Any ideas? ...

OMA Web Site Error
I keep getting the follow error when I try to open the OMA page: "A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator" Anyone have any ideas? Hey Doug, Follow the steps listed in the below link to resolve the issue http://support.microsoft.com/?id=817379 Regards, -- Manoj " Jack of all trades, master of the moment" "Doug" wrote: > I keep getting the follow error when I try to open the OMA page: > > "A System error has occurred while processing your request. P...

Outlook Email Links to Internet or Web Sites
I am running Windows XP Home Edition and using Office 2000 Outlook as my email system. Recently, I am NOT able to click on links that are embedded in any email to take me directly to the web site or internet site. I have to copy the link address, open explorer manually, paste the site and then go to that location. All this is a real pain. Does anyone know how to enable this link feature to work again? I am having the same problem, but with win 2000. can anyone anser this or refer me to where the answer is? thanks, jrjhall "Henry B." wrote: > I am running Windows XP H...

Charts exported to web
Whenever I export a chart to web in Excel 2003, the fonts always look bolded and distorted. I've tried disabling PNG export (GIF export only), changing the DPI, even changing the font itself (i.e. from Arial to Verdana), and loading the exported page from another computer; nothing appears to work. Anyone know how to fix this? I've also installed SP3, and it's still doing the same thing. I'd just like it to look like it does in Excel. I used to use Excel 2000 - it never did this to me, and the bolded, distorted fonts look rather unprofessional. Here's a visual of ...

Display a message while a form loads
I ahve a complex form that takes about 20 seconds to run the queries. I need to display a 'Please Wait' type message whilst it loads. Do you know how to add the coding for a pause function? "MartyC" wrote: > I ahve a complex form that takes about 20 seconds to run the queries. I need > to display a 'Please Wait' type message whilst it loads. No, not come across that one yet. "MartyC" wrote: > I ahve a complex form that takes about 20 seconds to run the queries. I need > to display a 'Please Wait' type message whil...

Share notebooks on web
I think I made a huge mistake, but I bought seven copies of Office Ultimate, thinking that I could use OneNote to collaborate between workers in the office and remote. What I'd like to do is simply store the notebooks on a server somewhere (I have an Amazon S3 cloud account, and several websites I could use for this purpose). But every time I attempt to create a 'shared' notebook using a web url, I get an error. Is what I'm trying to do even possible? I realize that I could contract for SharePoint services to handle this, but I think I've spent about as much...

Survey Web Part Graphical View Width--how to control
Hi, if you create a survey web part with one question, and change the default view to Graphical Summary, it ends up being a nice "quick poll" on your site. However, the width is too wide and I can't seem to see any properties to control it effectively, Changing the width property doesn't seem to help. Anyone else using the Survey web part as a quick poll and tips on controlling the Width? Thanks in advance, ...

Daily Importing of External Data using Web Query
Every month I create a spreadsheet from a template by creating one ta for each day of the month named after day of the month/year (010104). then maually enter a Web Query on each tab which downloads dail weather information for an insect life cycle model. This is a very time consuming and tedious task because the onl difference in the links is the expression "20040101" (for January 01 2004) to "20040102" (for January 02,2004) INCLUDED IN THE LINK. Is it possible to use a macro (VBA code) to enter the Web Query addres in cell A1 on each tab when the workbook is created an...

Integration Manager Version 9 With SP1 Loading Error
Afternoon all, I have just installed IM (GP9) onto a windows 2003 SP1 Server, After installing the service pack (right after IM install) i restarted the server. when i try to load it from the program files menu i get the following error I have a problem: when start Integration Manager (IM.exe), error message: "Could not create object IMProvider.ODBCProvider. Possible causes are: * You�ve installed Integration Manager but have not rebooted. * Your registry is full; check with your IT manager to resolve. Any help would be great -- Mark Christie Dynamics & CRM Deployer Hi Mar...

Cannot load shared Microsoft word libraries
I cant open any of my office 2004 programs. The window popping up says: The files have been moved from the original location and I have to move them back or reinstall them. This happened right after I did an update so I think that messed it up. Does anyone know what I can do without reinstalling the program? Thanks for any help Hi, this is symptomatic of an update gone wrong. Try re-applying the updates, and all should be well again. On 30/11/07 7:16, in article 8292f6a4-9467-43f1-8d2d-82e2399ec744@e25g2000prg.googlegroups.com, "veg26818@hotmail.com" <veg26818@hotmail.com> ...

Entourage sending web links that are not clickable
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Have a user that when she sends an email with a link in it (example- <a href="http://www.apple.com)">http://www.apple.com)</a> the recipient sees the link as not a full web address. It may see the http:/ in blue to be clickable but the rest is not. If I send the email as plain test it will work. I have tried reinstalling, reset of preferences. Nothing worked. This is with a fully updated Entourage 2008 for mac. <FONT FACE="Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"&g...

Mixed mode assembly is built against version 'v2.0.50727' of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime ... Please, how to solve this
Hello, I am working with VS 2010 / NET 4.0 to create a simple WPF / C# application. I am using the following assemblies: Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Sdk.Sfc Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo The project builds fine but when I run it I get the following error: Mixed mode assembly is built against version 'v2.0.50727' of the runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime without additional configuration information. Does anyone knows how to solve this problem? Is this because my NET is 4.0 and the assemblies are in 2.0? If t...

!Re: How do I add Description and NameSpace to JScript.Net Web Service?
Hi, Kirl Allen Evans wrote: > I think it is something like the following: > WebService(Namespace="mynamespace", Description:="Web Services provided by > the xxxx site") public class MyService : WebService > { > WebMethod(Description:="Get xxx xxx Events for OS Grid Reference X,Y") > public function GetWeeklyEventsForOSGridAsString () : string { > } > } should be WebServiceAttribute, but that works. Regards Christian ...

&quot;New Web Query&quot; function #2
thanks R.VENKATARAMAN I do use yahoo finance to get the data at this moment. i am actually looking for the website linkage methodology which allows me to get data from other web sites as well. -- vinrouge ...

Account, Etc. wont load - 404 Error
We're using a Cisco VPN with a WebVPN client. The application loads but has 3 problems: 1 - The top menus (Tools/etc.) loose there color and font but work ok. 2 - The pulldown arrow icons are X'd out - Do Not show. All other icons are fine. Where does this one come from? 3 - The Sales -> Account/Contact/Lead/etc. screens (within the Sales page surround) return a 404 error - Not Found. The page is looking at the VPN proxy and not the CRM server for these pages hence Not found. srd party apps - ie. c360, etc work fine. What could be wrong in these 2 problems? What might...

restriction for remote web user/remote desktop user
Is there any settings on SBS03 that allows us to manage which user/computer/ip address can connect to SBS03 network from remote site, as we would like only certain users from certain computers be able to connect on certain time remotely. If it can not be done then what would be the solution. Thank you. Jack2 wrote: >Is there any settings on SBS03 that allows us to manage which >user/computer/ip address can connect to SBS03 network from remote site, as >we >would like only certain users from certain computers be able to connect on >certain time remotely. If it ...

Setting XML returned by a Web Service to an XML Data Source
Hi, I have a web service that has a function that returns an XMLDocument. When I call this function from my ASP.net web site it returns as type XMLNode. What's the easyest way to set the XML returned by the function to the XML Data in an XML Data Source, which is then used in a Grid View or Tree View? Thanks for your help. ...

Web fodler access
I have 2 servers, My DC is 2000, and I also have a internal server running 2003. I run a web server on the 2003. I want to let users access web folders on the 2003, but unless I enable anonymous access I cant log in. I have tried setting up users on the domain and giving them permissions on the folder, I have tried setting up users on the internal server and giving them permissions, neither have worked, any ideas? This is an Exchange news group, post your query to IIS or Windows Server 2003. Nue "Slim" <me@here.com> wrote in message news:uFDLb4aKGHA.1760@TK2MSFTNGP10.p...

Subform Control Not Loading In Access Runtime
Hello, I have a subform control called subfrmctl1 which uses a QUERY as the datasource. The subform control displays the data in a datasheet format as expected in Access 2000 under Windows XP. When I run the same under Access 2000 Run Time under Windows XP, the subform does not display. See the code below. ' Get the source of the data (in this case, query.qrytablisting) strQry = Forms!frmPatentListingByCriteriaScore!subfrmctl1.SourceObject ' I then run 4 queries to get the data as expected With Forms!frmPatentListingByCriteriaScore!subfrmctl1 .SourceObject = ...

MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL #2
After upgrading and applying patches from Office 2000 and 2002 xp I keep getting this error "MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL" when I load Outlook 2002 XP. I went to support and looked up the problem abd it says to install the Update Service packs 1 and 2. I did this and that did not fix the problem. I tried their work around but that leaves me with a new outlook folders that do not have any of my old content (contacts -- old mail etc.) How can I fix this the proper way and get Outlook 2002 xp working again. I've uninstalled Office 2000 and...

Web Page could not be found
Whenever I startup Outlook, I get a popup that says "Web page could not be found. blah blah" . I have to select OK for it to continue to get my messages. Why is it doing this? What can I do to not cause it to do this? Thanks, Tony Please provide the following information: 1) Version of Outlook 2) Email environment: Exchange, POP3, etc. 3) Does you have a PST? If so, what is the size? 4) Are there any error messages/numbers? 5) Have you checked the application event viewer for any Outlook or Office-related errors? If there are, what are the Event ID number(s) & sourc...

Entourage Web Services with Exchange 2010
I know my issues are related to an auto discover setting but here is a description of the issue I am seeing. Our network is setup with a server name of mailserver.domain.com and our external URL for our webmail services is mail.domain.com. The issue I am having with Entourage is that every time a user connects to the local network and opens Entourage, Auto Discover changes the web services URL to the internal server URL. Once the user leaves our network and tries to connect it no longer connects until they change the URL back to https://mail.domain.com/EWS/Echange.asmx. I know I am...

How to communicate with DLL loaded in address space of Internet Explorer ?
Hello All I have wrote one Browser Helper Object in ATL, As you know that BHO is just a DLL which Internet Explorer loads each time when it starts. That means that BHO runs in the address space of Internet Explorer and works with Internet Explorer. Now I want to call one function of the BHO ( e.g.If IDiscovery is my BHO , then I want to call IDisocvery::CallThisFunction() from a third application) I want to start the working of BHO explicitly.It Means that I want to control the BHO which is loaded in address space of Internet Explorer from another application. There might be many ins...